Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BRIANiac
Msg: 125
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!Page 5 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
I tried it once. Didn't have any problems with it other than not getting any good matches. It did match fairly well in a lot of areas, but I find it funny that what you mark on how important certain things are to you, such as looks or whatever. Besides the fact that everyone's opinion of what is attractive doesn't match up. Just because looks is important to me, I'm guessing whoever is choosing the matches doesn't know what kind of woman I think looks good. The site should make photos mandatory, and make it a lot easier to get into contact with your matches. The only two I ended up ever talking to by email were one that contacted me since I stuck my address in the profile, and a girl who I contacted because she had done the same thing.

It's definitely a better site than the scammer sites like place 4 friends which try to get you to sign up all the time by having these beautiful women "flirt" with you, and then never talk to you again...surprise surprise!

Personally, I'll stick with the free sites...this one and Christian Date .com are the ones I've found that are worth anything. (CD is good for Christians...if you're not, I'm sure there's a similar one for whatever your religion happens to be...or POF for anyone in general.) Although, I hope I won't need either one for dating anymore! I think I found the girl I've been looking for. And it wasn't on E harmony! The free sites DO work.
 reallylookin
Msg: 126
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Posted: 8/4/2006 4:54:51 PM
Have nothing but good things to say about eharmony. There were a lot of quality people on there and they all seemed more serious about finding a mate than most of the people I have met in the MONTHS I have been here.
 military capt
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/4/2006 5:04:04 PM
E-Harmony what a joke that was I was on their for 8 months,met some weird women on there,even dated a women that was into whips and chains ,but found that out later into the dates,all they are is to make money on you,and all you get is a giant disapointment,never again,and now I have a law suit against them for some bad mistakes that they made ,so who ever is listening do yourself a big favor and stay clear of that site.

Plentyoffish is the best site out here and is 100%free how can you go wrong on a teriffic site.and meet wonderful people.
Sincerly
Military Capt
U.S Army Special Forces

Smilin Angel
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/4/2006 5:04:30 PM
I agee with everyone here..... Eharmony is a big rip off. I'm a christian and although I met a couple of people and really clicked with the one gentleman(a doctor BTW) he had only separated from his wife of over 20 years 4 months prior. Sorry but no way is anyone ready to date seriously at that point.

Sazy
 Melusine
Msg: 130
Posted: 8/4/2006 6:05:21 PM
I stand before you....

As a eHarm...reject.......They wouldn't even take my money...How pathetic is that? LOL

I have to laugh about it now...But, for days after I was in shock and awe....
 BadBrain
Msg: 132
Posted: 8/5/2006 7:30:43 AM
I don't know about the quality of the site. What I do know is that every time I see the commercial I want to punch those people in the face

Yeah, I admit it, I'm envious
 Heart Bandit
Msg: 133
Posted: 8/5/2006 8:46:10 AM
Just one more time seeing that old creepy guy, along with those actors pretending to be successful matches, and hearing that chessy, horrible, dreadful song, and I'm going to vomit all over the TV screen.
 dianna219
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/5/2006 8:52:08 AM
Tou're absoletely correct. Don't go there, or the Dr.Phil site either Love Dianna
 Melusine
Msg: 135
Posted: 8/5/2006 10:20:28 AM
I know I am here too....

But, truth be known...The BEST place to meet someone is irl......by chance.....fate or whatever you want to call it.....

Oddly enough, the few that I have met from here I should have bumped into time and time again...We frequent the same places.....*shrugs*

But, generally when I am out and about I am not "trolling" I am doing stuff so I don't pay much attention to who's around....LOL....my kids keep me from doing that...Mama...Mama...can I have...will you buy me...hehehehe...

Keep the faith people...from what I have read in these forums there are many, many, single decent humans looking for or hoping maybe a better word, for the same things....Patience.....is a wonderful virtue....good things come to those that wait they say...

OK enough cliches....Have a great weekend everyone...
 schotzimama
Msg: 136
Posted: 8/5/2006 11:31:24 AM
I had joined them for a trial period. What a joke. Not to sound shallow, but when people choose "later stage for photo sharing", that is their way of saying, "get to know my personality first". But EHarmony seems to forget how important first impressions and physical attraction are. And, yes, most of the people on there are strictly religious, and that is false advertising, in my opinion. Because although I do believe in God, I never go to church. And every guy I saw on there was a frumpy. dumpy, creepy old looking guy, even the ones my age.
 BlackbirdXIII
Msg: 137
Posted: 8/5/2006 5:22:24 PM
I had briefly joined way back about 4 years ago when they first started getting off the ground, and you could sign up and do the questionnaire thingy without paying at all (though like all pay sites you still had to pay to send or recieve emails). I was on there about 4 months, got 1 whole match from someone about 600 miles away(?!?) who would most definitely NOT have been a good match. I quit for awhile, went back, and after filling out the profile, they told me I'm one of their Untouchables, the percentage they can't match at all. But that's okay. Yahoo and Match.com are just as bad. Actually, I think it's kinda funny how many good caring Christians there are here, both of the progressive/liberal and "conservative" variety (BTW "conservative" and "Christian" don't really go together very well; the very dictionary definition of "conservative" is decidely un-Christ-like) who can't seem to find a match. I'd think you'd at least have an easy time finding someone who shares your religious views. Imagine how tough it must be for someone of a polytheistic Pagan persuasion like myself. I've gotten kind of used to being a pariah, but it sure can be lonely when you want someone to cuddle with--especially when the rest of the world, from TV to newspapers to radio all seem to mock you for being alone.
 JohnnyPopper
Msg: 138
Posted: 8/5/2006 8:34:02 PM
bigmontanan.... I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone talk about the other major problem on the love match sites. Scams.

Hahaha, On Yahoo personals.. (BTW, They suck as bad as E-Har"MONEY" when ya wanna cancel the "free" trial) I got one from a Nigerian "girl" and followed thru on it to the point of "her" askin' me fer money to "Start the process" moving.. I was curious about how it worked, went to Yahoo, made up a name and got messenger to talk to "her" and had fun scammin "her" as much as "she" scammed me.. I didn't send "her" any money at all but "she" thought I did.. Occassionally I'll send that email address something just to see if it's still active, and I always get a reply.. "she" sent me 4 pictures one at a time cause I told "her" that my 'pooter crashed and "her" pic went south, 4 pics=4 different people.. lol whatta joke that wuz.. at LEAST I sent "her" the same picture in different views of some HULKY lookin' guy that I stole from some site off the internet. I did ask "her" what the bottom line was gonna be and "she" said it would be $25,000.00 to complete everythang and "she'd" be waitin' for me to pick "her" up at the airport.. I even had her give me the details of the costs for landing/takeoff permits, storage, and fuel costs for the private "Learjet" that I was gonna pick her up in..(So I could save some money on a plane ticket) lol UH HUH SURE.. Like I wuz born 4 August 2006 hehehe..
 angel__eyes82
Msg: 140
Posted: 9/17/2006 6:06:35 PM
does anyone actually get a match from eHarmony??? i did about three different profiles just for kicks one time...yes i get that bored lol...and all three times I got...unfortunately at this point we do not have any matches for you...thank goodness I never paid!!!
 KnuteRoc
Msg: 141
Posted: 9/17/2006 9:45:47 PM
Once again the POF provides free advice that saves $$.

I actually hate the commercials anyway so I'd never even considered trying to use them, but when I see them lately I have noticed that they're trying to use a football ploy an awful lot.... two or three so-called matches talking about how they enjoy their common interests (one in one team's colors, the other in another team's colors). I'm like yeah right.

Not that women aren't sports fans but that is so lame, it's like oh, Football season is coming up, let's sheister the lonely people with this ploy!! And that's exactly what it is.

What they don't give you is their success rate. I realize that is likely going to be low for any site but still if you're tooting your horn about making matches you should be able to stand by your claim and provide some hard evidence.

And, they don't let you pick your own match? Oh please... thanks but no thanks really...

Yeah I see them going belly up in five years or so, people will start getting the skinny on their game and they won't even be able to get those memberships from 7-day trials... the next thing you know they'll be toast.
 ElvisLives56
Msg: 143
Posted: 9/18/2006 7:25:43 PM
I finished that true match test they make ya fill out to find your match and after I honestly filled it out 20 some odd minutes later they said my data had no matches at this time. The site is a joke. POF isn't great either but E-Harmony is hopeless.
 designingwoman
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2006 8:32:12 PM
I'll say there isn't very much good being said about EHARM. Sad that there are so many gullible people out there willing to pay for their "services".
 lisa7
Msg: 145
Posted: 9/18/2006 9:17:46 PM
Wow I thought I was the only one they couldnt match up. I did the questionaire this past weekend. It was "free" communication weekend or something. I had no idea it was a christian site. Guess being a democrat, from ny, who is pro choice may have something to do with them not finding 1 match for me!
 capnstinkfish
Msg: 146
Posted: 9/18/2006 9:28:54 PM
ding ding! we got us winna!^^

that site blows dead chickens

the capn'
 Agapantha
Msg: 147
Posted: 9/21/2006 12:16:18 PM
i remember trying to cancel my free trial--what a nightmare...you have to do it via telephone, at least i had a human being. however, it took me about 20- 30 minutes on a long distance call to california, and ending up me being so frustrated that i was yelling (which i try not to do ). tons of questions and comments about my search and being unrealistic and that i needed to be more open-minded about my matches--what can i say, living within a day's drive is pretty open-minded i think!!! i only tried the site because my friend raved about it--i have yet to figure out why! then by luck, fate or whatever i stumbled across plenty of fish--can't even remember how i foudn it online, but i am soooooooo happy i did.

i tell everyone i know who is single to use POF!
 Metaphysicalman
Msg: 148
Posted: 9/21/2006 12:44:04 PM
It seems that more and more shit like this happening!

Like, get free sample (men's health supplements) but pay a pile of shipping

but get more free, if you sign up for a years worth, which you can simply

cancel, yeah right!

Or get some special bonus if you sign up for a year, which you can simply cancel!

I say, people should all get together and really jerk scheisters like this around!

Give them bogus names and credit card numbers. Place huge orders!

Same with the telemarketers. Waste their time as much as you can!

Get the carpet cleaners to come over for their promotion, when you don't

have any carpet!
 allclass2
Msg: 149
Posted: 9/21/2006 12:54:41 PM
Lol, they matched me with a football coach and then a janitor, neither of which I was interested in. Sure wasn't going to pay to talk to them.
 Fanny
Msg: 150
Posted: 9/21/2006 12:55:02 PM
I also was rejected by E-Harmony, even though I'm a Christian. I thought it was kinda funny that they wouldn't even try to match me with with anyone, but at least they didn't take my money. I guess being unique has it's advantages....
 kame
Msg: 151
Posted: 9/21/2006 12:55:12 PM
I payed for a 6 month membership on there 2 year ago,they give 12 profiles to start ,most didnt even have a photo on ,and then to communicate with these people you had to go threw like 4 steps of answering questions.

Then when you asked them for more profiles to view they would give you like 3 more you could look at,then the second month they were only giving me 5 to view for the month which they did the same for the 3rd&4th month,then by the 5th month they kept sending the message no matchs were avalable every time I tried to get new profiles to look at.Talk about a waist of money,That sites a joke.
 BoltThrower1206
Msg: 152
Posted: 9/23/2006 6:24:55 PM
I knew eHarmony was a hoax. I've heard it from countless testimonies from ppl who tried it. The process is very tedious and boring. Like all other dating sites like match and the yahoo personals are a ripoff. They're not in the business to find happiness or love for other ppl. They're just in it to make money and to rip ppl off hook, line and sinker. You know what they say, "A fool and his/her money are soon parted." For that matter thanx for the advice and I love all the insights from each and everyone of you. Happy Fishhing
 Dolce60
Msg: 154
Posted: 10/17/2006 8:46:54 PM
Hi!
With all my respect to you, regarding about you wrote here.....It's not them, Its US when it comes to meet someone and we don't found yet the right person.
Best regards,
and good luck on your fishing...
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >