Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Just_Steph
Msg: 339
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!Page 6 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Have to chime in here.

I did the eHarmony thing. I mean, it was only a few bucks and no big deal. At the very least, I figured, I would meet someone interesting.

Oh, how wrong I was!

About 90% of my matches were 5'7" or 5'8". Now this is all well and good, nothing wrong with me who are that height, but

I AM A 6' TALL WOMAN!!!

The shorter guys didn't want me either!

When I wrote to their "customer service" center complaining about all the short matches, they wrote back and basically said I didn't know what I wanted and they did because some ya-hoo wrote a bunch of questions for me to answer (limiting multiple choice questions I might add) and now these people sitting in their flowing robes in their ivory tower know better than I do what man will make me happy.

Can anyone say arranged marriages?

So, I cancelled, but still had some time left on my membership. So I decided to play around a little. Each day I changed something on my profile to see if my matches changed (hey, they were sending me a bunch of short guys who weren't interested - it wasn't like it mattered). I went through the entire list of religions, changed my eye color, hair color - basically I had some fun with it - made lemonade out of all those lemons!
 irispink
Msg: 340
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Posted: 7/8/2008 8:10:21 PM
Hi, just a few words about my experiences with eharmony! I signed up two different times(seems like I forgot about the first time).
The first time I never met anyone who responded to me and I only received bios that they sent to me. I was never allowed to choose anyone to respond to that I wanted to get to know. The second time was my own fault for signing up, I saw an ad on tv and it was so enticing that I did it again!!! Don't be fooled. Irispink
 monday4
Msg: 341
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 8:10:25 PM
I have been on many sites and I have to say that one (e-harmony) has to be the worst! 98% were scammers. Luckily, I paid a low price to be on for 3 months but I vowed NEVER to return to them again. I agree, people should stay away from that site!
 excalibur19
Msg: 342
Posted: 7/8/2008 8:38:35 PM
Did it once,They sent me 10 to 20 matches a day during the trial period and two of whoI acutually I and they mentioned it to me during the week of which We are social friends however would never date for that matter.
The rest were out of the area and also if they decline you for anyreaason you may never contact them again it should be mandatory that a pic be in the profile,
Then they hooked me with the timing thing when I tried to cancel,and I said oh well i'll let it ride I got next to nothing for matches once my money was credited.
I called and went thru the we can't do anything routine till I sent a letter to the state consumers office in the Attorney generals office,then my credit card pmt was returned.
Did you ever notice that they say they match people only by compatibility and in the ads they are all similar looks and of same financial standing. I never see a handsome man with a not so average gal or vice versa or a poor looking guy with a wealthy woman.just an observance
 designingwoman
Msg: 343
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:03:05 AM
E+HARM+MONEY An apt description of those scammers. They don't use any genuine matchmaking system that I could see. I kept being matched with people either too far away, or overly religious or Republicans, none of which appeal to me in any way! I even stated in my profile that I would not date a conservative or someone who was overly religious, and they STILL sent me these guys who were bad matches for me.

I'll stick with Plentyoffish, you can't beat the price, and I've made lots of great friends on this site even if I haven't met Mr. Right through it. I consider POF a great success in bringing people together, even as friends. Friendships enrich a person's life as well as if not more than a significant other. Kudos to POF!!
 Ft. Lauderdale SC
Msg: 345
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:33:28 AM
Sorry to be the "Odd Man Out" but I had great results with E -Harmony, made some really great friends, had a six month membership, got hundreds of matches, yes it is expensive, but when my membership was up, I cancelled and walked away cause I found POF which is GREAT! E-Harmony really puts ya through the test, if you can answer as many questions as you have to, you will meet your match ONLY if you and them are honest in the answers. Be that as it may, I would rather come to POF as it is run so much better. To each their own, some good, some bad, POF is where I will stay!
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 347
Posted: 7/11/2008 3:31:37 AM

I have been on many sites and I have to say that one (e-harmony) has to be the worst! 98% were scammers.

I had a very good experience with my 2 years on e-Harmony. But consider this: If a person goes to a paid site as a scammer, how is that the site's fault? You think there aren't scammers on POF? You think there aren't liars here, too? The only difference is that POF is free to the end-user and pays Marcus $10 million a year for the priviledge. In fact, if you look carefully, you will find and add on POF that accuses POF of being a rip-off!

Any dating site is what you make it.
 veggiechic05
Msg: 348
Posted: 7/11/2008 6:52:47 AM
It was a couple years ago when I filled out eHarmony's questionnaire and got the oh-so-nice Dear John (or, perhaps in my case, Dear Jane) letter saying "We are unable to match you at this time... 20% of people won't benefit from our service." Perhaps I was underage when I took the questionnaire because eHarmony doesn't allow anyone under 21 to use the service. Sure, I felt bad and thought that no one would ever love me, but I decided to try some other dating sites, particularly True, eSpin, and Match among others before trying POF, and I've had a pretty good experience. (My profiles on True and POF are both hidden at this time.) So I don't really care what eHarmony thinks. Plus, I like that everything about this service is free.
 vrb1955
Msg: 349
Posted: 7/11/2008 7:24:25 AM
oh and stay away fro their sister site Compatibility Plus. Claims they are more forgiving a about peoples quirks . Excuse me ? They even make fun of the fact E-harm is too ridged
Stay away from Match. Too many game players and criminals on that site also any spin offs of Adult Friend Finder . Twice this year people have been convicted of grand thief and being on the run from a case of murder
 Ianmac1946
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2008 8:04:18 AM
I havent viewed/ joined any dating site on the Net that has not enticed ...lol.....me into filling out a profile using the lure of the " free " word...except POF.

Every site i've ever been tempted to view has the tempting " free " word but...lol.....always a but eh......if you want to email / IM / message / contact etc etc....you get my drift.....then its cash wanted.
Whether it is this plan , that plan , or the other plan.....its part with cash.

They even send you an " email " from lilynonickers who is desperate to meet you...!!

Of course to reply........you have to be a........fill this in.......lol.....!!
They all cash cows.....feeding on the feelings of ordinary folk such as us. :frustrated:
 K_Lee
Msg: 352
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2008 8:45:07 AM
I did one of those 'free communication' weekends with eHarmony, and found someone who was just about everything I was looking for (found through the masses of men who were definately not...it asks about height-not important to very important- and I, being about 6'0", said "very important"....the average height I got "mached" with was around 5'5"...)

So I started talking to this guy and we exchanged phone numbers and had arranged to meet... Before I go furthur, I want to inform you that I'm straight edge... if I'm holding your hand and we're a fairly new couple, you're lucky.

THEN the REAL personality of this moron came out! I was asked a lot of rude questions which I kind of laughed off (he asked what I was wearing... it was 14:00/2:00pm...I'm generally fully clothed at this time). Then he told me that when we meet for icecream, that he was going to kiss me between icecream licks... when I objected (I dont' generally kiss anyone on the first date, let alone first meeting!), he told me not to be so 'uptight' and that 'it'll be ok' and that after our date we should go back to his place... and well it ended with 'future me' with cum on my face on video.

I'm loving the way the questionnaires worked on eHarmony... Stay clear of eHarmony
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 355
Posted: 7/11/2008 10:52:40 AM
The therory behind eharmony and all other sites using "personality testing" is sound but in practice it fails miserably.

I was dating this shrink once and she told me that it all depended on your state of mind. When you were happy and in a good place in your life (just got a big promotion, the hottie at starbucks flirted with you etc.) you answer one way and therefore get one set of responses. When you are in a bad place (just out of an ugly relationship) you answer entirely differently and therefore get an entirely different set of responses.

After we broke up I tested her comments three times over two years and she was right. I did get three entirely different sets of results.

So, if your results vary based on your emotional state at the time of the "test" then this must also hold true for the people you are being matched with. If your match took their test on an exceptionally good day and you take yours at a very low point, eharmony may be able to match you but that doesn't mean you are compatible.

It only works when both parties are in an emotionally healthy and stable place in their lives... a place where the results will not change over the course of a year.

This applies equally to all those personality tests... even the ones on POF (which are horribly inaccurate to begin with!).
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 356
Posted: 7/12/2008 5:15:29 AM
"Desperate chicks," is it? I bet you do well with women calling them that. You must be a "great tiger guy."

clearandbright1
Msg: 359
Posted: 7/13/2008 10:02:45 AM

Stay away from Match. Too many game players and criminals on that site also any spin offs of Adult Friend Finder . Twice this year people have been convicted of grand thief and being on the run from a case of murder

I dont think Match is a spin off of American Friend Finder.. but American Singles is
Regarding match, I know of7 couples who met and married through match, and chemistry.com their partner site so I dont think they are all that bad.. However my problem with match was I wasted my membership because they kept rejecting every main profile pic I chose, kept on placing it as my second and third pic and leaving my main pic blank. The pics werent vulgar or anything , but match kept on saying it wasnt a head shot, which it was.. very frustrating to pay money,have no main profile pic, which gets people to look at your profile, but have 10 alternate pics when you click on the profile
 volgirl1
Msg: 365
Posted: 9/14/2008 9:29:56 AM
It's actually not a christian website. Once research is done they have several people working for them that dont even believe in God. They are also encouraging gay hook ups and marriage and one night stands. Although once begun as a christian web site they clearly aren't now. It is expensive and a waste of time. It made me feel like I was the one of the few left single in the world and that the only ones left to match me with were across the United States and completely not what I requested on my profile. It sucks all the way around.
 All_for_Love
Msg: 366
Posted: 9/14/2008 9:35:10 AM
Obviously you had a non-harmonious experience clearly indicating it wasn't for you.
 volgirl1
Msg: 367
Posted: 9/14/2008 9:35:57 AM
I too requested that height be very important because I am 5'7 and all but one of my matches were average of 5'5. Come on! Before this site I thought I was wanting something crazy to want someone I can wear my hills with !
 ladyliz1417
Msg: 368
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:07:31 AM
eharmony said I was one of the 5% they couldnt match with anyone. Turns out, they are a christian site and I said Im not religious. Therefore was the problem Im sure.
 Amma63
Msg: 369
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:30:57 AM
Don't even get me going on eHarmony.............

Every time I see one of their commercials I want to puke all over myself

My issue with them was this.....................I went through the LONG, LONG process of filling out their form............only to get to the end, and be told "Sorry - we do not accept members who are separated"

This was like their 2nd or 3rd question of a 'brazillion'...................then why in the sam-hill could they not have come back with an automatic response THEN...............

I know why.................beause one of the last questions they ask is for your e-mail address.

To this day (ove a year after the fact) I STILL get e-mails from eHarmony....................

I fired of a not so lady-like e-mail...........can't imagine WHY I've not had a response from them.........................
 bman1972
Msg: 370
Posted: 9/14/2008 11:06:41 AM
i was on the site for a while and i have to say my experience is on target with everyone else but after i left it i was never inundated with email to get me to come back. the short form that they want you to fill out i told them that it was the biggest wast of my f...ing time and money i had ever seen. from that day on i have never paid for any other dating web site ever!!! but for most of the experience i have had on web sites like this have not really been good at all...

buyer beware!!
 acm007
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 11:08:10 AM
I was on EHarmony for about 6 mos. Got one match who was about 15 years older than me *cringe* and about 200 miles away from me... Not much different with any of the other sites I have tried (including POF), I didn't pay for it and I'm glad.

velvetmoon
Msg: 372
Posted: 9/14/2008 11:09:55 AM
add me to the list...had no matches that were anywhere near what where i lived or even remotely seemed compatible with me...NONE...somethings wrong there... would never recommend...NEVER!!!
 chimayred55
Msg: 373
Posted: 9/14/2008 11:14:39 AM
nah, couldn't disagree more. Good site, no nonsense, allows you to take it slowly so that you don't come as a desperate loser; questionaire and matching are very good. I had a terrific relationship via Eharmony. It's nothing like Match.com which is basically all about $$, or ashleymadison which is a total farce. Too bad, those nasty christian values - you know -fidelity, honesty, compassion - I know - how evil. I'm not Christian BTW.
 horneschwoggle
Msg: 374
Posted: 9/14/2008 11:33:44 AM

I too requested that height be very important because I am 5'7

Seems like all women, regardless of their height, have too many concerns on a guy's height.
I tried Match.com once.
The women who responded to me said they liked my profile and were very interested in me. Before replying, I always read their profiles and write back that we aren't compatible, because of their "have to be 5'8" or taller".
It's so stupid, they have their height preference, then I have the utter delight to shoot them down because of their ignorance.
Oh well, so much for finding someone you like, only to find that you made the mistake that destroyed the outcome.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 11:36:22 AM

My issue with them was this.....................I went through the LONG, LONG process of filling out their form............only to get to the end, and be told "Sorry - we do not accept members who are separated"

Yup.. me too.. only I don't get the emails.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >