Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Climategate      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CountIbli
Msg: 51
ClimategatePage 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Erin Brokavich was on next,she said after her movie now Chromium in water is widespread coming from the same type mega corporations,she pointed out 60 % of Californias water source had Chromium in it .

Some chromium in the diet is beneficial. Many vitamin pills now comtain chromium. It's also been used by weight lifters for years. That said, I don't know what levels are safe and what levels are present in the water.
 CountIbli
Msg: 52
Climategate
Posted: 12/12/2009 11:24:48 AM

Data is a bit old isn't it. Fact is hurricane activity was down this year. Way down as a matter of fact to about 1/2 of normal activity.
You can post all the old tainted data used to fabricate conclusions generated by those with grant money and funding on the line all you want. But it still doesn't change the fact that man made global warming is massive money making hoax aided by the largest academic fraud ever.

The AGW Hysterisists will claim that hurricane activity is up, but they won't tell you is that our ability to detect them has improved.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/12/2009 12:18:41 PM

Some chromium in the diet is beneficial. Many vitamin pills now comtain chromium. It's also been used by weight lifters for years. That said, I don't know what levels are safe and what levels are present in the water.
Oh please,I am so about sure I would have stated all this about Chromium levels being only at a vitamin level,we are talking certain Cancer levels.I talking about what runs off into the water in vast quanitites from large corporate factories around the world,the Brokavich incident was from from isolated its worldwide,Mega corporations care nothinjg about you or your health they only care of their profit level.Your comments sometimes causes more harm than not.

Chromium hexavalent (CrVI) compounds, often called hexavalent chromium, exist in several forms. Industrial uses of hexavalent chromium compounds include chromate pigments in dyes, paints, inks, and plastics; chromates added as anticorrosive agents to paints, primers, and other surface coatings; and chromic acid electroplated onto metal parts to provide a decorative or protective coating. Hexavalent chromium can also be formed when performing "hot work" such as welding on stainless steel or melting chromium metal. In these situations the chromium is not originally hexavalent, but the high temperatures involved in the process result in oxidation that converts the chromium to a hexavalent state.

The AGW Hysterisists will claim that hurricane activity is up, but they won't tell you is that our ability to detect them has improved.
No the claim is that the strength is more,alot more,those are written facts,its not like thousands of scientists are in a scam together.Remeber scientists historically waste no time in saying a colleges facts are not correct.Einstein was always debated,so was Darwin,so was was Hawkins,even his closest friend and colleage has tried to disprove him since day one,Black hole and such are widely debated.There is no debate on the amount of mega corporate environmental damage,you can go right next to TYSON plants and see the poisons run off into the streams,no mystery.All that is debated amonsgt the vast majority is how much is natural GW and how much is manmade,but yes,there are a small minority amount that claim there is no GW and then those of them that claim its not off science but its actually a scam or conspiracy.

It is amazing that the conspiracy people actually hurt the cause to halt the corporate pollution,they are connected,stop the progress in GW work and you stop the work on the rest.There is no way in the world these corporations want you to win.

Bank of America is one of the largest funders of coal plants, oil and gas in the country. They also play a leading role within trade associations pushing for cap and trade.“The world’s largest corporations are blocking an agreement to address the climate crisis that is endangering our common future,” stated organizer David Solnit. “Meanwhile, Bank of America profits from financing dirty energy and carbon trading schemes that subsidize pollution and poverty.” According to Bloomberg, Bank of America is the third largest financier of oil, gas, and coal in the world, and is heavily involved in financing mountaintop removal coal mining.The activists, organized as The Mobilization for Climate Justice, also targeted carbon traders, and five of the largest contributors to climate pollution: JP Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Chevron, BP, and American Electric Power.The Mobilization blames these corporations for contributing to the climate crisis and promoting false solutions such as carbon trading, “clean coal”, nuclear energy and bio-fuels. Through direct lobbying, and support of lobbying institutions like the Chambers of Commerce and the US Climate Action Partnership, these corporations have prevented democratic domestic and international climate negotiations. Moreover, companies like Chevron, whose Richmond oil refinery is the single largest emitter of climate pollution in California , continue to dump toxic pollution in poor communities with impunity.This protest marks the 10th anniversary of the massive mobilization in Seattle that effectively derailed the corporate agenda driving the World Trade Organization’s trade liberalization policies. “We cannot allow the world’s largest corporate polluters to continue robbing our children’s future,” stated Carla Perez of Movement Generation, marching with a parade of children and the Raging Grannies carrying clean up equipment. “US corporations have been holding climate solutions hostage, while burdening our communities with ongoing attacks on our health and livelihoods.”Protestors demand that Bank of America and the other corporations stop polluting the climate and promoting false solutions at the UN and in the halls of Congress.

Your comments sometimes causes more harm than not, your like the corporations puppets,your doing their work for them,you make them smile each time you say stuff like drinking contaminated water is like taking your daily vitamins.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/12/2009 12:36:57 PM
geez ,I apologize for misspelling,I need to remember to spell check !
 CountIbli
Msg: 55
Climategate
Posted: 12/12/2009 6:14:57 PM

Oh please,I am so about sure I would have stated all this about Chromium levels being only at a vitamin level,we are talking certain Cancer levels.

The fault is yours for not being clear. You wouldn't be the first person to make outrageous envirnmental claims you know. Just look at Al Gore.

No the claim is that the strength is more,alot more,those are written facts,its not like thousands of scientists are in a scam together.

They claim both an increase in severety and number. Both are subject to the same problem: better measurement tools being available today.

All that is debated amonsgt the vast majority is how much is natural GW and how much is manmade,but yes,there are a small minority amount that claim there is no GW and then those of them that claim its not off science but its actually a scam or conspiracy.

I'm glad that you admit thats there still a debate about how much GW is man-made. Envirowackos think the science is settled.
 flyguy51
Msg: 56
Climategate
Posted: 12/13/2009 3:41:18 PM

Corporations Only care about the Shareholder Value...

As that is the ultimate purpose of a corporation, there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that it means they have almost no willingness or ability to self-regulate, which is essentially the way the system has been "working."

The fox is guarding the henhouse, as they say.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/13/2009 6:27:08 PM

As that is the ultimate purpose of a corporation, there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that it means they have almost no willingness or ability to self-regulate, which is essentially the way the system has been "working."

This is exactly how I feel,thats why I always say they are not looking out for anyone except them and their shareholders,congrats to them on a job well done,kudos.This is why I don't think they should ever be listened to about anything that pertains to our well being,because it will probably not be.So few things in life are a certainty,mega corporations out to help the world are not,unless world is a codeword for themselves.One of the first things we should research when we here news ,research breakthroughs or contrary to logic info,is did a mega corporation say it,fund it,or the ones that researched it,if so,then its a safe bet to discount all that was said and await or search out a more trusted source. Usually what I hear ,the talk against the environmental issues come from those sources,then they are eagerly being recanted as fact from some of those here and on blogs and in the news.

As to the altered climate figures of the scientists,are you aware of how few were involved,its been stated here as if it was a large portion of our scientific community,that is terribly incorrect .
 CountIbli
Msg: 58
Climategate
Posted: 12/13/2009 9:35:06 PM

Seems like you deniers.... Love Corporate Behavior and Trust their NO Science spin.

I think corporate law needs to be completely revoked. All it does is give corporations special rights and political power. I'm no fan of corporations. But that doesn't mean I'm ready to buy the claims of other monied interests. Climate science rakes in millions of dollars per year, which would mostly disappear if AGW were to fall from grace. So who should we believe? Personally I think we should let the science decide. And the science isn't settled. Far from it. Read the scientific papers and you'll see that major aspects of the climate are not well understood and not well modeled (e.g. aerosols, glaciers, clouds, and ocean currents). And yet you're willing to blame GW on man. You're willing to let Gore and his corporate buddies get rich off his carbon schemes.
 Wookie50
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:48:54 AM

It's basically like dealing with a used car saleman. You don't instinctively trust them. You haggle for the best deal and assume that what they want often conflicts with what you want. They problem is that from Reagan on we have had this trickle down idea that what is best for corporations is best for everyone.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:58:55 AM

They problem is that from Reagan on we have had this trickle down idea that what is best for corporations is best for everyone.
So true,and when we needed important financial guidance, Bush calls to the Largest Corporate banks,I believe it was Chase that came to the rescue and they are then the ones that write our policy,how very helpful of them ! They wrote it how they would like it,it gave them more power on the what they can do with our loans and credit cards and such.It like wanting to redecorate then install a security system in the hen house so you hire a company run by foxes to do the work.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/14/2009 9:08:40 AM

Well since small business is literally the engine that drives our economy, yes, in general what is good for corporations is generally good for America
you seem to be having a problem telling the difference between a corporation like Chase or Tyson or Monsanto and confusing it with something harmless like a corporation like my father had with his 2 partners in a company they owned.They had no grand agenda nor does millions of other small business corporations.Shell and Monsanto is in a different universe than small business corporations.

, and don't even START the trickle down stuff. Obama is giving us trickle down too! Very little of the bailout money is actually hitting the street.
finally you say something accurate,yes its true Obama paid months and months ago,and the individual states are still sitting on it wading through their own state contract procedures and bids and permits tie ups of the state .You seem to be thinking the 40% spent from the total is not the states faults whom beholds this money now but the fault of Obama that gave them the money many months ago.Please affix blame where it belongs,gripe at your state for crawling too slowly .Let me know what happens when your state finally spends the other 60% their holding.

What they should have done is give tax breaks or offer government backed low interest bill consolidation loans. That would have had a direct impact on consumers... Right now, small businesses are NOT getting the help they need to stay in business and create jobs...
No this method takes a broken infrastructure and helps fix it using our people as workers,your thought gives a low interest loan to a guy that wants to start a 3 employee ski rental shop,or another flower boutique.

The money he gave is a trace amount needed for all sectors,as he stated it was merely a jumpstart,that heps a couple sectors,had he paid the money needed to help all industry sectors,you don't have the room on this page for that many zeros.

As for a write off on your taxes,the vast majority of the country does not itemize their taxes so a write off is worthless, so you would not be helping any of those hoping for a trickle down.
 427cammer
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/14/2009 9:13:55 AM

They problem is that from Reagan on we have had this trickle down idea that what is best for corporations is best for everyone.

The flip side of this is the idea that the corporations should pay for everyone.... a billion dollar profit will always be too exorbitant in some people's minds... even if the company that makes that profit employs a million people (directly or indirectly). If General Motors had asked for tax cuts five years ago (and they probably did....) the outrage would have been excruciating.... only after they've gone broke can people realize that the jobs GM provides are valuable... so let's give them a bailout.

The same resentment is evident with smaller business as well... if the guy who owns the car dealership makes a million dollars a year.... well that's too much... even if he keeps 40 people employed.
 Wookie50
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/15/2009 3:16:49 AM
Actually the corporations aren't paying much of anything. Their effective tax rate is practically zero and often benefit from illegal alien and outsourced labor.Their sheer size and the fact that they are international means that they can always push for rollbacks of labor protections or go somewhere that they don't exist. Which is why nothing is trickling down and we have the highest gap ever between rich and poor. And GM has admitted that they didn't really listen to customers like Toyota did.
 427cammer
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/15/2009 9:54:34 AM
I'm a Ford guy, and I live a long ways from Mississauga (or Detroit), so it would bother me very little if GM were to fold (really I prefer cars from 40 yrs ago anyhow... everything today looks the same). To myself, it just feels like a backwards way of running government.... giving bailouts after a company has gone broke instead of tax relief that may have prevented the problem.

Where I live, in Alberta, our provincial government was getting huge revenues from oilfield activity. In something like five years we paid off our debt and unemployment was practically unheard of. The liberals up here were bellyachin' that our oil royalties were the lowest in the world... so our Premier raised them. Now my province is broke again... nobody had considered that the cost of drilling wells in remote northern Canada, with higher labour costs and stricter safety and enviromental regulations, is very high in comparison to the rest of the world. We needed those lower royalties to entice the oil companies to continue doing business here....
 427cammer
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/15/2009 11:59:00 AM
You have a real cryptic style of posting. What does:

Pretty go indication of the supply.

....this mean? And how does an offshore blowout in Australia have any similarities to a province with no coastline?

I've given an example where trickle down economics has worked very well. Kids just out of highschool could get jobs making 100k a year... with lots of opportunities for advancement. Our middle class wasn't hurting at all and government coffers were full. Speaking for myself, I would have preferred a slower growth rate... if my city had grown 30% over ten years instead of 130% I would have been happier (I would be happier if Canada expanded it's manufacturing instead of selling off it's natural resources). Now that we've got all these extra people here isn't the time to shut everything down due to government greed....

It's likely that oil companies could continue to work here and make good money, but if they can make more money elsewhere, should we try and keep them here at gunpoint? Raising taxes on imports from China makes more sense than raising taxes at home... of course this doesn't work very well if we continue to borrow money from them in order to promote stimulus.
 eeeo4U
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/15/2009 2:17:51 PM
Flyguy and others...I love how you compare this to how somebody might say good food is bad for you...at least for a while we have the choice to eat what we want, even though that might end soon especially if the government gets more involved in health care. I personally say if you don't like the smell of burning rubber or the sound of eight cylinders straining to their limit, move to Bahston or somewhere else where the guys with the Priii get the babes...
 flyguy51
Msg: 67
Climategate
Posted: 12/16/2009 1:43:07 PM
There is so much wrong with that list of reasons that it is difficult to know where to begin. First and foremost, the skeptics seem rather defensive, but in a contradictory way: "There is no proof that man is causing climate change. Besides, more CO2 and a warming trend would be beneficial to the ecosystem. But we are not to blame for these good things happening, and there's nothing we can do to stop this beneficial trend." Sounds silly when one puts their conclusions together...

Many of the "reasons" aren't even refutations of climate change. They are merely going after peripheral issues, such as cap and trade. Fortunately, someone has already taken the time to rebut the first half of these "reasons":

www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2009/12/50-reasons-why-global-warming.html

We actually need more CO2? Do people realize that there is such a thing as overwatering plants?

No one has shown how the hacked e-mails expose a hoax, either. Taking a few bricks from a wall does not cause it to collapse.

To flyguy and others...

Thanks for listening... at least somewhat...
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 68
Climategate
Posted: 12/16/2009 4:31:47 PM
Environmentalism is a religion. We're as likely to convince a Christian that Jesus was just a man, as disprove Global Warming to a tree-hugger's satisfaction. Too bad lemmings aren't an endangered species.

flyguy51
Msg: 69
Climategate
Posted: 12/16/2009 5:32:56 PM

We're as likely to convince a Christian that Jesus was just a man, as disprove Global Warming to a tree-hugger's satisfaction.

In my case, quite the opposite happened, I assure you. Again,

evidence => conclusion

rather than

pre-existing conclusion => filtered evidence

cpfstock, I don't agree with this:

but the climate data could very well have [exposed a hoax]

but I do agree that the hacked e-mails reveal evidence of this with some of the scientists:

It's not that man-made GW was a hoax as much as it became a religion. A group of climate guys became so wedded to the idea that they went to any length to preserve their theory from data manipulation, to data elimination, to becoming their own "peer review" group, to pressuring those who challegned their conclusions, and on and on.

In this case, I see it as:

evidence => conclusion => filtered evidence
 Wookie50
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/16/2009 5:37:35 PM

We actually need more CO2? Do people realize that there is such a thing as overwatering plants?

Arguing this really is like beating your head against a wall, isn't it? As if climate scientists are completely unfamiliar with photosynthesis. Oh well, at least the dittoheads think it means something. I just wish they understood the basic ideas before dismissing it as a cult or a Commie plot.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/30/2009 8:16:02 PM
That was so not a cut and paste and it did not contain alot of facts so rather than your extremely simplified so called cut and paste go to the link http://thomson.mobular.net/thomson/7/2946/3929/ then go to page 38 and 39 the take in the whole picture,which I imagine is not even the " whole" picture.
 eeeo4U
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Climategate
Posted: 12/31/2009 11:30:52 AM
OK, enough...if we're not suffering because of man-made global warming and they simply want us to return to a Stone Age existence, let them beat their laundry on a rock. I'll stick to Maytag.
 Wookie50
Msg: 73
view profile
History
30 Years of Global Cooling Are Coming,
Posted: 1/13/2010 11:42:02 AM

And it's the 1970's all over again ... not only do we have Carter 2.0 in the Whitehouse but it's time for global cooling once more ....

As long as we skip disco and Three's Company. Actually global cooling wasn't a major issue then or now. Particle pollution has some effect at blocking sunlight but warming is more powerful. Since particle pollution has been tackled warming has sped up. So you finally found a UN climate guy you believe?
 eeeo4U
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 12:32:07 PM
I guess the company that makes Preparation H must issue an anal report...
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/13/2010 12:36:08 PM
I wonder if there is some way we can blame the 500,000 dead in Haiti on global warming, or President Bush.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Climategate