Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 111
pre nupsPage 3 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Here's hoping most of the men on here don't have children! I'd hate for your mentality to be passed down to another generation.
 virgiomonkey
Msg: 121
pre nups
Posted: 12/25/2009 12:18:40 PM
'Here's hoping most of the men on here don't have children! I'd hate for your mentality to be passed down to another generation.'

So here we go ...Typical !!!!..Western European Woman can say and express anything they wish.....
Fair call,might I add, and I am a firm believer of 'Freedom of speech' ....'Freedom of Thought'....And 'Freedom to express and to state an opinion'
But I have often notice when Guys express an opinion and it is not what you Western European Woman want to hear....'Hell' breaks loose.....
And I will say it,Talk about 'Double standards ' and worst ones are from ' Western European Engineering social engineering Feminists'

Merry Christmas Everyone,be safe,take care....

J.D
 virgiomonkey
Msg: 122
pre nups
Posted: 12/25/2009 12:38:01 PM
Well said, I am never getting married, never having kids, thankfully. The fact that a women can and will do all that is scary, another bad part is now days most marriages end on their account, not the mans. So there's nothing we can do to prevent it. Sure adultery is illegal, but of course, she fell into the arms of another man cause she felt "neglected" so you're still screwed. I'm so thankful I knew how self centered, ignorant, cruel, and just over all horrible most women of this generation can and will be.

.........Young Man.....I really wish I could disagree with you, and have an healthy debate with you......But I can't ...For I do agree with you....'Food for thought' for you Young Man.....
But my young adult Son, is engaged to a wonderful and a very highly intelligent Asia/Indian Lady who he meet at University ,they met while my young Adult Son was having a very heated debate with a some New Zealand Feminist/s who all were mouthing off that 'All Men are potential Rapists and Potential Pedophiles '.....She also defended my Son with these New Zealand Social Engineering Feminist/s ......As this wonderful Asia/Indian Lady lashed into these Feminist/s and said 'You Feminists have just insulted my Father and my Brother'
But my Jaw hit the floor when my Son fiancee made this statement to me........ 'Western European Woman demand 'respect' from there Partner/Husband,and the 'respect' that these Western European Woman give back to there Partner/Husband is 'Contempt'.....'
Yep....I.N.C.O.M.I.N.G......and coming my way too....So be it ......

J.D

virgiomonkey
Msg: 132
pre nups
Posted: 12/29/2009 12:00:37 PM
'a subservient Asian woman. Look at the other guy here praising the Eastern Euro women. They are your dreams come true….aren’t they?

Lady,first off have you lived and worked in Asia.....????? I had the privilege and honor to live and work ,as an Engineer , in Thailand for eighteen months ...And from my own personal experience, Asia Woman are definitely not 'Submissive' or ' Subservient'.....My 'Boss' in Thailand was a Thai Lady who was a extremely well qualified Design Engineer and she was damn good too..............I add a incredible amount Respect and Admiration for my Boss Thai Lady, both as in professional sense, and in a fine Human being....'Tough' but 'Fair'....

J.D
 big pacific
Msg: 133
view profile
History
pre nups
Posted: 12/29/2009 12:31:21 PM

IMO, pre-nups are another way of saying "Presently I want to marry you and claim ownership to you because I have a lot of money, and you don't." " I wish to have you available for sex, on a consistent basis, so I am willing to marry you in order to do that." "However, because the money is MINE, I am going to do whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want, with no regards for your feelings or anyone elses except my own."
"Subsequently, there will surely come a time, sooner or later, when YOU may grow tired of this behaviour and choose to opt out of the marriage"
"When this day finally comes, and we haven't had any children, you will get the divorce that you asked for, and nothing else."
" In the event that YOU should decide to do whatever you want, whenever you want, with whomever you want, using my money, then I will ask for a divorce, and you will get your clothes and nothing else."

ORRRRRRRRRRRR

It could mean, that a guy doesn't want to lose his house after 3 months of marriage.

ORRRRRRRRRRRR

It could mean, that a girl realizes that over 50% of marriages end in divorce, and she doesn't want her 401k going to an ex, if she's one of the HALF of marriages that end.

ORRRRRRRRRRR

It could mean, that as someone who has more money, he or she may be targeted by those that seek money, and would be willing to marry them to do it, and put on a hell of a show to get it done, to take half of their assets. They might want to avoid it.

To put a prenup like you do as some kind of sexual slavery is just stupid.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 134
pre nups
Posted: 12/29/2009 1:30:33 PM
why bother with a time waster?????????????????????????????????????????
hate them!
 virgiomonkey
Msg: 136
pre nups
Posted: 12/29/2009 7:21:41 PM
'I love sarcasm'.....Excellent.......How about saying next time on a post that you do..... 'I am been Sarcastic' ....Then I can respond accordingly.....Fair deal....

J.D... ...
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 138
pre nups
Posted: 12/29/2009 9:15:36 PM
marriage is for life
if you don't have that attitude
you shouldn't be with the person
just continue swapping meat meet meat meet
what ev a chase those fly boyzzzzzzzzz
and their Mercedes Benz gimme the cash
an take the stash
greedy hoes
GET A LIFE
 WasabiGal
Msg: 145
pre nups
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:19:03 AM
I definitely want a prenup, even if I were just living with someone and not married. Makes sense to me that before you move in that you put things in writing, at a time when you are both happy with each other, and most willing to be fair. I don't think it means that you're being fatalistic about the prospects of your union (just because I have home insurance doesn't mean that I expect my home to suffer some calamity).

Other arrangements, such as living wills, etc, should be discussed and planned as well.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 155
pre nups
Posted: 1/8/2010 10:43:23 AM

If that means that she gets out with the clothes on her back, her personal belongings, a $1200/mo child support payment and ZERO ALIMONY/SPOUSAL SUPPORT...then so be it.

I think this is the norm, but you seem to want to paint it as the exception to the rule. But then when women point out the exceptions the OTHER way, you get all emotional about it and say they have an "agenda". Statements like this "Face facts - men get ass raped in Court and we all know it to be true." No, we don't know it to be true, nor agree with you. You choose to ignore facts because they don't jibe with your world-view. It's a common tactic for people who "always have to be right".

I am against pre-nups for many reasons, first of which is it is a slap in MY face, you basically saying you don't trust me. Why bother to nup at all, then?

But secondly, because they are useless. Unless you update it annually or every time you buy something new (because, apparently, ALL this is about is money), it's useless.

Say BDJ and I are happily married (lol), but one day our bliss is shattered by our toaster oven going kaput. OH NO! Before we go out and make the purchase, dear ole hubby is going to want to update the pre-nup! Cuz I might, after our love dissolves, want that danged toaster oven. Gimme it!
 Positively Optimistic
Msg: 157
view profile
History
pre nups
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:46:14 PM
According to a lawyer I took classes from a few years ago, a pre-nup is an easily overturned document, especially when it is extremely one-sided. While you men think is it covering your a$$ets, in reality, the longer you are with your partner/wife, the easier it is to overturn it and it essentially becomes a useless piece of paper.

I would sign one, very easily... matter of fact, I would want to be included in the creation to ensure it is less likely to be contested. I wouldn't want YOU walking away from the three items I actually call mine! *grins*
 valorman
Msg: 162
pre nups
Posted: 1/8/2010 11:42:18 PM
Eddie Murphy has it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SniOXFhwIZ8
 novoaus
Msg: 164
view profile
History
pre nups
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:31:00 PM
They're all but useless anymore. A good attorney will shred the pre-nup into wee little bitty pieces

....................................................................................................................................

I worked out my own prenup, gave my ex more than she deserved and when the property settlement came she paid me, as I told her I only look stupid.

My will read, 'I leave everything to my wife', but the reality was I had to die first and she had to stay married to me. Some how she thought she had a right to half of what I had, ( hell of a lot of zeros there) anywaay, she shacked up with Bozo the clown and they bought a $75000 car expecting a windfall from me to pay for it.

I am still laughing over this 15 years later.

One does not have to have a lawyer and its easy to be smarter than a woman.
 novoaus
Msg: 165
view profile
History
pre nups
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:58:57 PM
alimony

the screwing you get for the screwing you got
 Strings6
Msg: 166
view profile
History
pre nups
Posted: 1/10/2010 7:24:05 AM
The laws governing marriage are what is at fault,a person can break into someone's home and steal their television and go to jail for it...yet they could marry them and walk away with half or more of everything with the blessing of the law...it is leagalized theft,no more,no less....what a person has worked for and earned belongs to them.The all out assault on personal property rights shows itself in many ways and this is one of them....i don't want what belongs to another....it's not mine and i'm not a theif.
 ChandlerMurielBing
Msg: 167
pre nups
Posted: 1/11/2010 5:34:10 AM
is not something I would be very confortable to discuss with whatever women I end up with, god willing But a pre-nup can certainly make a divorce go more smoothly. The way I look at it its like life and automobile insurance. It saves your ass in the end. I would protect all my assets i have accumulated before marriage for myself any wealth and assets accumulated while married it has to be split 50/50. I would also write a condition of how much I would contribute moneywise to my kid. It would have it written that we both contribute the same amount we have spent in the past while we married on our kid(s). Divorce usually fleeces the man and has a man pay eroneous amounts of money of child support, which is pretty much criminal.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 168
pre nups
Posted: 1/11/2010 9:26:17 AM
I think I agree with emerald but I'm not quite sure.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 169
pre nups
Posted: 1/20/2010 8:42:18 AM
I just read from an archival (defunct) website on marriage equity, and they recommend a prenup (or, as they referred to it, a "marriage agreement").

One of the unintended benefits that they mention is that what becomes important to the other person comes out when you talk about the prenup. So, it sort of forces the conversation that many people do NOT have outright. Now THAT is a compelling reason to have one, if your communication is so poor you don't know that he overvalues his big ole boat that you would never want in a million jillion years.
 TheReason_
Msg: 172
view profile
History
pre nups
Posted: 1/21/2010 11:07:07 AM
If she'll sign one, then I know she loves me for me, an not my millions!!

Actually, starting off, most people don't have a lot, but are able to build up over the years. It's when you divorce later, and actually have some assets, that it might come in handy.

Me? I'd just rather find someone with a similar set of assets, income
etc. Then we are just both in it 50-50. If we split, it's still 50-50

Which is fair.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 175
view profile
History
pre nups
Posted: 1/22/2010 8:00:22 AM

First of all, if this is redundant...so what?

Because when you "marry" the forums you enter into an implied agreement with the forum community not to needlessly proliferate multiple threads on some subject when perfectly decent threads already exist...

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts3682882.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts4257116.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts5560628.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts3587741.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts723473.aspx

...because it tends to make people look like their too stupid to do a simple thread search, or that they're so self-important that they have to have their very own thread.

ItsMargo
Msg: 178
view profile
History
pre nups
Posted: 1/22/2010 9:55:57 AM
Although the have more/have less argument has merit (and I agree with BDJ's post on it) the benefit of a pre nup or co habitation agreement is to be able to determine your own solution - rather than having to move lock-step with the court's one-size-fits-all parameters.

I like going in informed... and being informed about the other's circumstances and attitudes before marrying them or living with them can hardly be a bad thing. If that is the only gain realized from negotiating a pre nup, I would say it is a win all around.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 182
view profile
History
pre nups
Posted: 1/23/2010 11:35:06 AM
quote]Quite simply... most dads DO NOT actually ask for custody of the kids.
You're trying to make it sound like this is because men don't WANT the custody of their kids, when in actuality they're just listening to the advice of their lawyers that it would be futile (and very time consuming and costly) to attempt to do so given the biases in the system.

Most judges are MALE. The Legislatures (which make the laws) of EVERY STATE and the NATION are overwhelming MALE.

Again, you're mistakenly presuming all men act for the benefit of all other men.

If that were true, it would be impossible for, say, a predominantly male Congress to have ever passed the Violence Against Women Act -- especially considering the fact that men are three times more likely to be the victims of violent crime than women are in the first place.

Instead of parroting Feminist Studies nonsense you should research something called the Frontman Fallacy: the mistaken belief that people (men, specifically) who are in positions of authority in democratic systems use their power mainly to benefit the categories of people (the category of "men", in particular) that they belong to themselves.

There's also the closely related Apex Fallacy: a term for the fallacious way by which feminists comprehend the nature of our social structure, the inaccurate fashion by which they assess the status of women in America. The error in their thinking arises from a collective refusal to acknowledge that the vast majority of male workers toil in the nether regions of our economy. These hordes of men — who make possible feminist lives of leisure — are totally invisible to the harridans who compare women, on aggregate, to the rich and famous alone. Indeed, when judging female progress, juxtaposition is only made with those males at the apex of our status hierarchy. It seems that feminists can discern none but the elite. In that sense feminists are just like traditional women in only focusing on high status men; they differ only slightly in which is the best kind of man to create to serve women and their interests.
 TheReason_
Msg: 184
view profile
History
pre nups
Posted: 1/23/2010 4:53:45 PM
If you are a "have" marry a "have". If you are a "have not", marry a "have not"

I have a house, so it would be cool if she had a house too. Then we could decide what to do. Keep one, rent both, sell both. But yeah enter into something with someone similar, then when you leave, take your 50% and leave.
 milt_n_bradley
Msg: 194
pre nups
Posted: 1/26/2010 8:24:15 AM
1) Marriage is one of the most important decisions that a person can make. Why would you undertake this decision w/ a person that you do not implicitly trust?
Hence...the pre-nup.

2) How many people REALLY have enough assets,or are successful enough, for a pre-nup to be anything more than a waste of time and money?

3) This horse has been dead for quite some time. How long are people going to beat it?
 AU 4 U
Msg: 196
pre nups
Posted: 2/14/2010 4:02:36 PM
WOW,,, read all 15 pages of posts!
Lots of damaged people out there with good advise,
Lots of manipulative people out there just waiting for the week and vulnerable,
VERDICT:
Prenup it is,,,

PS: BDJ, has good advise, talk less and listen more!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >