Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ItsMargo
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Do people change?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Good posts! I would suggest that there are a multitude of defining moments in our lives on a very regular (daily? weekly?) basis.

I've tended to look at life this way: Who we are is the intersection of who we say we are, how we believe life works and how we think life should work. The choices we make from moment to moment define who we are. Our belief in how life works and how it should work are a matter of perspective; experience alters our perception. In simple terms, changing, therefore, can be a matter of making choices that are in alignment with who we say we are.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 97
Do people change?
Posted: 1/15/2011 9:19:20 AM

There's quite a bit of social theory that backs up the fact that, at the core, people find it difficult to change, but that they are still capable of it.

My experience? Most people HATE change. I relish it. I live for it. Change of scenery. Change of interests. Change of mind-set. Just change. It makes me feel alive and living vs. dead and dying. Even the most tragic things in our lives can instigate change ~ and often times that change is what helps make us better people. More understanding, more tolerant. Much move willing to offer and receive love into our hearts/lives. Without change? We'd all still be single-celled creatures. How dull would that be? JMO (And NO, I'm not getting into the whole creation vs. evolution debate. I just happen to believe that change is usually not a bad thing, even when it feels like it is.)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >