Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Why is it impossible to just be frineds with a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Why is it impossible to just be frineds with a man?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited.

Great post, WildRose -

Well, after a long and lustrous career of friendship with women, I have to admit yes - the chooser apps differ between the genders.
Laws of attraction can complicate the process, but I find it gets easier all the time.
A 7-year unrequited love affair in the foolish days of youth taught me the ropes.
Fabulous friendship does not necessarily provoke good chemistry. But it tends to survive the falling in, falling out and falling off of romantic inclinations.

Encounters of the sort that force shrewd decisions are good for the soul.
Mixed company offers social discourse that is all over the map - and I like to travel!
I could never abide a realtionship that wasn't friendly - but have infinitely more tolerance for a friendship that isn't relational. My very best and most long-lasting friendships feel almost sibling - both genders.
But there it is. The rules are different. The comfort zone isn't always easy to put into words, but yet is defined by...other articulations.
I've made many friends over the years while looking for Ms Right....not instead of, but another part of the package. Old habits become ingrained, and heartily believed in, when stood up to the test of time.
Perhaps this requires a certain kind of social discipline? (Or a stubborn refusal to be eternally distracted by hormonal upheaval...I'm not sure which.)
But the end result? We suffer - or we don't. Depending on which, our course of action should be pretty automatic.
 WiseBurro
Msg: 99
Why is it impossible to just be frineds with a man?
Posted: 3/23/2012 10:18:58 PM

frineds
firendship
frienships

It is impossible to be these things with a man because....they aren't actual words.
 pleazr
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/24/2012 7:05:53 PM
It's funny, when I first meet a gal it seems I think physical attraction. After the initial contact I may decide just friendship.
 AdventureFit
Msg: 101
Posted: 4/2/2012 4:21:08 PM
As many other posters have said, it isn't impossible.

It's just difficult for some. I believe because in the difference each gender approaches friendship. When a man becomes friends with a woman, over time he finds her more attractive. When a woman is friends with a man, she finds him less attractive. This is very much a generalization and may not be true in all cases, but I believe that is the difference.

So if initially the man found her attractive, he finds it more and more difficult to be strictly plutonic. If he is a disciplined man and values the friendship, he will keep this to himself. If not, then at some point he might choose to go for broke.
 sentback
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2012 4:50:35 PM
I have a lot of WOMAN friends . Its NOT hard at all. I AM NOT SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO THEM!!!!!! But if a man has sexual feelings towards them then its hard. So I DONT know what women are concern about?? NOT all MEN find some WOMEN ATTRACTIVE. Wishful thinking on SOME womens part I guess. HIGH EGO
 Aevalise
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/12/2012 5:28:08 PM
If you and your guy friend have not had sex, then it can work.
If you have had sex, then it will get complicated at some point.
This is based on personal experience.....
 AwesomeKisser
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2012 9:23:32 PM
My experience has been a bit different. I still have and have had several female friends. Sometimes I have found them physically attractive but I know they weren't right for me relationship wise so never crossed that line. And I have been (and actually still am in some cases) friends with women I slept with too. But usually only when we have both realized we aren't right for each other and mutually agreed to move the relationship to a friend level.
 cawara
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2012 10:35:51 PM
Gotta agree with Aevalise,tho I may add this even if you haven't been intimate and he's got any kinda desire that way for you it could be more drama than you want outa a friendship
 elednuw
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 2:19:19 PM
Its not impossible.If a guy is attracted to you he will want to be more than friends.If he's not attracted to you "that way" then he'll only want to be "just friends".Its called the "law of attraction".
 mangopeach888
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/23/2016 8:27:46 AM
I found it impossible to be friends with a man because I desired him so much and could not have anymore,,
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Why is it impossible to just be frineds with a man?