Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Why is it impossible to just be frineds with a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pokerdaily
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Why is it impossible to just be frineds with a man?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
because its not natural. Why do you think gay men have more women friends then men? its part of our makeup.
 TKO38
Msg: 89
Why is it impossible to just be frineds with a man?
Posted: 3/19/2012 4:44:46 PM
I dont think its impossible at all. I have some great male friends with whom I have never had sex, and I also have fwb. I think it just depends on the two people involved.
 WiseBurro
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/23/2012 10:18:58 PM

frineds
firendship
frienships

It is impossible to be these things with a man because....they aren't actual words.
 pleazr
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/24/2012 7:05:53 PM
It's funny, when I first meet a gal it seems I think physical attraction. After the initial contact I may decide just friendship.
 AdventureFit
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/2/2012 4:21:08 PM
As many other posters have said, it isn't impossible.

It's just difficult for some. I believe because in the difference each gender approaches friendship. When a man becomes friends with a woman, over time he finds her more attractive. When a woman is friends with a man, she finds him less attractive. This is very much a generalization and may not be true in all cases, but I believe that is the difference.

So if initially the man found her attractive, he finds it more and more difficult to be strictly plutonic. If he is a disciplined man and values the friendship, he will keep this to himself. If not, then at some point he might choose to go for broke.
 sentback
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2012 4:50:35 PM
I have a lot of WOMAN friends . Its NOT hard at all. I AM NOT SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO THEM!!!!!! But if a man has sexual feelings towards them then its hard. So I DONT know what women are concern about?? NOT all MEN find some WOMEN ATTRACTIVE. Wishful thinking on SOME womens part I guess. HIGH EGO
 Aevalise
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/12/2012 5:28:08 PM
If you and your guy friend have not had sex, then it can work.
If you have had sex, then it will get complicated at some point.
This is based on personal experience.....
 AwesomeKisser
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2012 9:23:32 PM
My experience has been a bit different. I still have and have had several female friends. Sometimes I have found them physically attractive but I know they weren't right for me relationship wise so never crossed that line. And I have been (and actually still am in some cases) friends with women I slept with too. But usually only when we have both realized we aren't right for each other and mutually agreed to move the relationship to a friend level.
 elednuw
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 2:19:19 PM
Its not impossible.If a guy is attracted to you he will want to be more than friends.If he's not attracted to you "that way" then he'll only want to be "just friends".Its called the "law of attraction".
 mangopeach888
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/23/2016 8:27:46 AM
I found it impossible to be friends with a man because I desired him so much and could not have anymore,,
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Why is it impossible to just be frineds with a man?