Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Totally sucked in...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Malice From Wonderland
Msg: 9
Totally sucked in...Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Mine was when I received the final papers in the mail that my divorce was final.
 *mandrake*
Msg: 10
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 11/30/2009 2:10:28 PM
OP, what you experienced may not happen again for quite a while, and doesn't happen for too many people, so just take it all in and cherish it.
 Super_Eve
Msg: 11
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 11/30/2009 2:18:18 PM

Would anyone else care to describe that "moment" when the state of the relationship passes that tipping point?

Lying there, in his arms, knowing that there was no other place on this earth, I would rather be...
 MysticalAngel429
Msg: 12
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 11/30/2009 2:18:49 PM
Beautiful OP I am so Happy for you!

I have looked within someone's eyes for the first time and felt my heart skip and the hairs at the nap of my neck stand. Yet, never have I been lucky enough to feel to the degree you speak of...One can only dream I guess!!
 ForumFilly
Msg: 13
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 11/30/2009 3:18:07 PM
I also immediately thought of a succubus! Sick, sick, sick!

Seriously, I know exactly what you mean about that one moment when your souls seem to touch. Yes, it's an incredible, bonding experience when you KNOW that you are meant to be together.

I'm so happy you've found that person and the very best of luck to you both!
 colt8301
Msg: 14
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 11/30/2009 3:38:18 PM
Recently I had an experience that carried with it a very odd sensation and aftermath. In an intimate moment with my SO, she began gently stroking my face while staring deep into my eyes. I felt as though she was literally sucking in my essence and making it part of herself. I felt totally powerless to "break" the connection. All at once I sensed what was happening. She was showing her own vulnerability to me in a way that made me feel as though I must protect it and guard it with my life. For the first time I sensed that there was no turning back...I was in it for real and possibly for good. It was amazing. Just when I thought that at my age I was becoming a bit jaded and that these kinds of feelings were for Romance novels only.

Would anyone else care to describe that "moment" when the state of the relationship passes that tipping point?

it's the point when you hear "Can you feel the love tonightTTTT!!!!
 tekky_girl
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 11/30/2009 4:40:22 PM
Recently, I saw a post asking when we knew we were in love with our SO. Mine was about 5 months in. I looked at him while I was cleaning up the kitchen while he was sitting on the couch watching TV. Instead of being annoyed, a quiet voice inside said, "I think I could live with this." Just knowing that he was there, with me, and I could always dry my hands and climb in his lap if I wanted to, was enough.

I agree, the "sucking in your essence" is a little creepy. I do know what you mean about connecting though. Again, recently, same bf, had that same experience a couple of different times. It was wonderful. Last week, we hit a rough patch, and I felt like I had been punched in the stomach, literally. That was awful.

Looking back, I don't recall ever having those kinds of emotions (much less moments) with my ex-husband. How sad considering we had 3 children together.

I'm not sure that it's an age thing, OP. Except that maybe we recognize it for the rarity that it is and appreciate it for all it's worth. Congrats and wish me luck as well. I think we're both in deeeeep!
 Challenge
Msg: 16
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 11/30/2009 6:34:30 PM
I experience the exact same sensation savouring Haagen Daaz Mayan Chocolate Ice Cream.......the relationship has since progressed to an addition of whipped cream and fudge sauce.......

Love is amazing !
 damassteel
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/1/2009 6:29:06 AM
Yes, the slower courtship thing is what went down; all from my side. This was a case of her being much farther into the relationship for a long time. We've been dating for two years now. When we met I had been dating in what was a rebound short term situation. My current SO approached me, but I was cautious as I had been through a couple of unsatisfying relationships since my wifes passing. This time I was determined to approach the situation in a way I felt was more the way a woman would; that is more rationally, not just letting brain chemistry take over and sweep me along for the ride. I took my time to find out whether or not she was really the one for me in all of the ways I needed a woman to be. And again like a woman might do things, I chose to concentrate on the more transcendent qualities as opposed to "looks". While she is attractive enough, my concerns were more about character issues; honesty, generosity,loyalty, work ethic, etc. Only after my finding her character suitable did I truly open myself to the possibility of submitting and committing to the love she offered and giving equally in return.
So, it wasn't just the rush of brain chemistry that moved me to where I am now.
 damassteel
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/1/2009 7:28:13 AM
Maybe that's the point. At my age the testosterone is dialed back a bit and things look and feel just a bit differently than they did even ten years ago; a new perspective and a new phase in life, I like it.
 karma1160
Msg: 19
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/1/2009 7:44:01 AM
This is truly what it is all about.
It has been my experience that when you break those polar boundries the energy in both of them gets pulled into one big energy force.
If you have found someone that you feel comfortable enough to let go of your vulnerability than the real stuff can begin.
Logic has it's place in life but it is a bitter pill to swallow without the magic.

As far havinga succubus control my thoughts by pulling me into some mental romantic fantasy of the supernatural while I am dreaming......... Bring it on!
 tnt144
Msg: 20
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/5/2009 12:18:04 PM
TickleLicks, I would not throw the baby out with the bathwater... while it's important to find someone with a good attitude and who won't take you for granted and to maintain trust, respect, romance, and affection, you still need love... the truth is, you should be looking for both love and good relationship skills.

While there may be a short-lived honeymoon phase of a good relationship, I have seen people who still love each other very much for decades.
 Chitownguy40
Msg: 21
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/5/2009 1:12:01 PM
I think you need to stop reading so much New Age literature.
 2Irish1
Msg: 22
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/5/2009 1:32:32 PM
I've had this particular experience...it wasn't anything that started with a physical touch or look...it was a final act that my wife had made...in that week before she passed...it was a decission I'd never have wished her to make...if I could have found any way around it for her I would have....she was forced, by her mother, to decide between her mother and me...and she chose me...it wasn't pretty...it wasn't a great poignant moment...it was really the absolutely crappy trenches of life...I wished it had never happened...and yet...I'm so happy for the gift.
 pandusvenator
Msg: 23
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:29:17 AM

A tantric experience.

Yes. Be careful. I do not create tantric experiences with a woman unless she is very stable. Be careful what level you allow yourself to be into. It can be an experience of a life time as well.
Actually being inside of a woman's body can have huge rewards. Orgasms that won't stop to other things and visa versa. If she has a 20 minute orgasm it can change your life but if you or her are pretty evil there can be some damage.
 TheReason_
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:38:48 AM
Dump her.

Dump her now.

Kidding, good to hear!

thecatsmeoww
Msg: 25
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:40:06 AM

This time I was determined to approach the situation in a way I felt was more the way a woman would; that is more rationally, not just letting brain chemistry take over and sweep me along for the ride. I took my time to find out whether or not she was really the one for me in all of the ways I needed a woman to be. And again like a woman might do things, I chose to concentrate on the more transcendent qualities as opposed to "looks". While she is attractive enough, my concerns were more about character issues; honesty, generosity,loyalty, work ethic, etc. Only after my finding her character suitable did I truly open myself to the possibility of submitting and committing to the love she offered and giving equally in return.
So, it wasn't just the rush of brain chemistry that moved me to where I am now.

I am so happy for your damasteel.. I think dating for two years you truly get to know the real person and by the sounds of it you found yourself a real gem.

thecatsmeoww
 looking for ... not sure
Msg: 26
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/6/2009 8:29:48 AM
I wouldn't know about that connection honestly ... haven't had a relationship last long enough to get that far ... lol

Good luck OP, best wishes.
 Merrylass
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/6/2009 9:40:26 AM
And yet an experience like that clearly doesn't mean that you've found something lasting.
Don't mean to rain on your parade, OP, but doesn't reading this thread give you cause to ponder?
 2Irish1
Msg: 28
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/6/2009 1:01:53 PM

And yet an experience like that clearly doesn't mean that you've found something lasting.

Ahhh Lass, you miss the whole issue imo....the issue as I see it is that once having had that feeling...it is so overwhelming...even if the relationship didn't last, for, whatever reason...that it must be found again...for it is truly a wonderful thing...sigh...
 Arabianangel
Msg: 29
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 12/7/2009 3:52:13 AM
I think it's one of those things where it's a moment in time where everything slows down and the absence of gravity is felt..that's the best way to describe it. I've only ever experienced it once with a very special man....
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 30
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 6/9/2012 11:53:47 PM
In an intimate moment with my SO, she began gently stroking my face while staring deep into my eyes. I felt as though she was literally sucking in my essence and making it part of herself. I felt totally powerless to "break" the connection. All at once I sensed what was happening. She was showing her own vulnerability to me in a way that made me feel as though I must protect it and guard it with my life.

I've had a similar experience, except I was the 'stroker'. I've never been able to put my finger on why I was so attracted to his face but I loved to look at it and touch it. One night I sat on the edge of the bed and stroked his face and looked into his eyes until *I* disappeared. Unlike OP's lady, I wasn't trying to suck him into me, I was trying to pour my essence into him. It was like a form of meditation I do where I feel my 'spirit' flow through my body and out my Third Eye. Except this was a connection without the flowing sensation; only connection and stillness.

Like OP's lady, I was very vulnerable. When one pitches, they hope the catcher catches. It was a transcendent moment for me that I'll never forget and hope to experience again some day. He didn't get it - I know because he has said he's only had that tantric experience with his ex-wife :-(. Or maybe he didn't want it. I'll never know.
 Rheostatic
Msg: 31
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 6/10/2012 5:38:35 AM
I had a similar moment once with a feed of Wendy's.
 catfa51
Msg: 32
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 6/10/2012 7:32:34 AM
Sounds like a great moment for both of you!
 _shakti_
Msg: 33
Totally sucked in...
Posted: 6/10/2012 8:36:43 AM
chameleonf:
A tantric experience.
Indeed. Like soul gazing.

The last time this happened was unlike any other. As we looked into each others eyes, I could feel myself- my very essence- dissolving, along with everything else in the environment. Except, his eyes. Then his face began to change form over and over so fast I couldn't focus.. his eyes began to dissolve too and it felt like I was disappearing. Like I had absolutely no boundaries and could not tell who was who or what was what. I had to make it stop, it was way too intense. And he wasn't even touching me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Totally sucked in...