Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Unfold
Msg: 34
what is normal and what is crazy?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Good God Woman! You’re in your 30's and the Clock Is Ticking Like A Time Bomb! TIC TOCK TIC TOCK! Those ever fewer gains of sand are slipping through the glass faster than Tiger Wood’s Buick exiting his driveway while being bludgeoned with his own 9 Iron!

I suggest you buy your own ring and run a full page add in your local paper; Groom Needed!

Look, I feel your pain, I really do. I am 36 yrs old and have never been married and I would love nothing more than to meet that special someone and begin building our “Ever After” together but I take pride in the fact that I have never settled, married prematurely, and got divorced.

When I do take a wife it will be a forever thing! She will be the Yin To My Yang and as much as I can’t wait for us to begin that union of the mind, body, & spirt, when I finally do get to meet her I will realize that she was every second worth the wait!

Patience Dear...
 MiamiDreams
Msg: 38
what is normal and what is crazy?
Posted: 12/26/2009 12:02:55 AM
I get the impression that the OP views marriage as a tool as a means to an end. The endgame is identified, and the operations plan is already formulated. See the target, marry the target, THEN move in. Done. End.

I was once in a relationship where we were dating for 3 months and she started talking about having children. 1. No talk of maybe long term dating (where are we headed?). 2. No talk of possibly moving in, in the future. 3. No talk of getting engaged or planning to get married later. She went straight to: 4. Children. She skipped steps 1, 2, and 3. Step 4 is: Maybe after being married for awhile, children could come into play to take our relationship to the next level.

Figure out where you are now, and it is OK to talk about where you see things going. Communication about these topics is a great thing. Because if you don't talk about them - how will you ever know whether he is cool with getting married before moving in? That could be a show stopper for you. And if that is one of the values you place a high degree of importance on, you should have already identified that early. If he's not cool with it - then you need to rethink the relationship, or rethink how important that is to you vs the relationship you are in.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 39
what is normal and what is crazy?
Posted: 1/2/2010 6:17:37 PM
Date 3 is when the hammer gets dropped.
I am not ever getting married, I am not proposing to you, we are never walking down an aisle. I am not having kids, I am not breeding, there are no kids in my future.

I feel that by date 3 she needs to know I am not changing my mind, and if she wants out, this is it. I also let her know that the last several LTRs that thought could change my ideas were wrong and found out later down the road that I meant what I said.
So date three, the door is there, or we can continue to spend time together.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >