Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 badge73
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Does the third date rule still stand?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
i really do get confused at times .... and no its not down to the ltrs of cider i drink lol but isnt sex meant to be one of the most natural acts of a human? looking at it by natures way our aims are to fed, kept warm and produce. granted everytime we have a jump a kid isnt produced (thank feck!! if only others would learn about contreception) but its about showing emotions i was led to belive? if someone dont have respect for you as a person, the relationship isnt going to last if you bonk on the first night or wait 6 months. im sure theres been many relationships that have lasted when the couple bonked on the first/second date.
 badge73
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Does the third date rule still stand?
Posted: 12/5/2009 5:06:08 PM
i agree with miz as its totally natural and human to fancy a person then jump into bed if both so wish. personnally myself if i went out with a bint and done the whole waited for 6 months or a year and found out she didnt ..... how to say ..... do i lot for me would feel gutted and wasted the whole time before. i dont care to those who bleat about respect but sex is an important part of a relationship and if couples never discussed it then not suprised one patrner went off them or looked else where.
 Jo van
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:00:57 AM
Doesn't it all depend on how much you fancy each other?

I don't want anyone "giving up" anything!
I want them to want to $hag me!

I haven't 'dated' much, so I'm no expert, it seems to me, that you only need "rules" if you're doing something repeatedly....

If there were a 'rule' for me, it would be if there's no physical attraction, 'Lust', if you like, by the third date, then perhaps there won't be any...

How many women would turn down Brad Pitt on a first date?
How many dates would it take with Michael Winner?

I had sex on the first date with my ex, and was with her for 27 years, so I suppose it's different in every case.

Perhaps the people who subscribe to the 3 Date Rule, should have ticked the box for "Seeking Intimate Encounter"?

Make the rules as you go along would be my advice.
 try1more
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:52:39 AM
there is a something in all this that i dont really get.
when a guy thinks/says that if a girl will have sex on the first date thats all shes good for, does it mean that if a guy will have sex on the first date its no indication that he will shag anything willing?
surely whatever applies to one also applies to the other.
so why is it always directed at the girl?
anybody that thinks a relationship has to follow some cast in stone set of rules has a bit of a problem.
 try1more
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2009 4:53:09 AM
"The reason is that it's really hard to be a STUD, because women are fussy and require certain standards to be in place for them to put out, so you have to be good looking, tall, debonaire, full of charm sophistication work hard at seduction and take girls out to dinner and clubs and stuff."

oh well! i guess that just about winds it up for me here.
any of you guys want to go for a beer or something?
 Forrest Grump
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2009 9:35:20 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In my days in Glasgow, two pints was considered ‘seduction’.

You youngsters are so high maintenance.

OP

So does the third date rule still exist?

It never did.

I hope you find what you are looking for.
 Lorri55
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2013 3:50:25 PM
I reckon you both have to go with how you feel...if it takes a wee bit longer then so be it.
The only people who can tell you what is best is you and your partner
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2013 12:16:13 AM
>>>> goes to google what a "date" is... :O)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >