Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynderella
Msg: 71
view profile
History
I had 3 drinks, she had 7Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Op: If me...not a chance!

Reminds me of a date many moons ago...

One evening out nothing too fancy "Salty's" we meet for a drink...
Up front offering to pay half...his responce sure.
He starts with a beer I have a tea.
We order a couple of appies and share.
Within an hour he downs 5 beers and a shooter.
I live local and him 45min drive down the highway.
Upon leaving he reminds me, of my paying half.
Like WTF...I will pay for my own, thanks.
911 "Drunk Driving"
Moral of the story...Drinking too much only leads to problems down the road!
 Helen0426
Msg: 87
I had 3 drinks, she had 7
Posted: 12/8/2009 11:50:09 AM

Well, at the end of the evening (one can only stare at art for so long, and even if there were sparks, how long could we possibly converse in a cafe) I plan on taking her to a comedy club that serves to see just what happens...needless to say, if the booze is flowin' into her gullet like the Mississippi (again), it's gonna be a short night.

That seems reasonable - go ahead with the second shot (errr, no pun intended), but be wary; and it's fair to test, under the circumstances.

In general, I'd take a pass on someone who had more than a few drinks over the course of a few hours when that person had driven to the venue, just because of the lack of foresight. But whoever said the fact that she tossed her cookies indicates inexperience with drinking was right... I didn't think of that at first (hey, it's been a while since anyone in my age group drank regularly), but it's true.

The lovey-dovey kinda drunk, though with more exceptions, is also often an inexperienced drinker, because people who get really drunk really often tend to accumulate enough negative drunken experiences to start getting grumpy just due to association once they're really buzzed.

So these are probably good signs, however uncomfortable they were at the time!

Good luck on the next outing... and I add my voice to those thanking you for keeping her off the road.
 latineyes29
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/8/2009 12:08:45 PM
I would. If you found her attractive for sure but no drinks in the next venue. If so you have to decide if you can base any time together on drinking.
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/8/2009 12:27:29 PM
I was thinking if the tables had been turned and the guy was the one wolfing down beer after beer and telling the woman she was a light weight as she sat quietly, calmly sipping on the same cosmo all night. Comes back from draining the lizzard then plops on her lap and starts making out with her.

That just wouldn't fly.
 mysticaries
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/8/2009 12:28:07 PM
I have to praise you for being a gentleman. A lot of guys would have either tried to take advantage of her, or blown her off right away as a waste case. I think that shows great character on your part. Maybe she was just nervous and got carried away. Good luck.
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2009 2:32:45 PM
First date jitters and nerves, sure its understandable that someone might get a little nervous (I don't, but I often feel like I've been on more blind dates than Ray Charles!) and drink too much without realizing. Factor in that was a great Giants game (I'm an Eagles fan, so last week I was rooting for them; this week, not so much...lol) and the excitement was probably running high in the joint. Also, consider that maybe she really doesn't normally drink that much, as a person with a regular drinking problem would probably be able to handle 7 beers during the course of a football game pretty easily.

I agree with those that said give it another try with her and go do something this time, if you liked her and enjoyed her company before she got lit. Although I wouldn't necessarily avoid any place with alcohol; I'd want to see if she exercised better judgment this time, and if not you have your answer regarding her. Once is an accident, twice is a pattern. Good luck!
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2009 3:06:40 PM

Jeesh, for crying out loud, the reason why I put thick is because I LIKE THICK!!!!!!

That's what I figured, but a bunch of people used that as an excuse to be offended, it seems!
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/8/2009 3:23:26 PM
If she is an alcoholic, then why would she puke? She should have a high tolerance. Sounds like this girl is a mess.
 Backlolz
Msg: 102
Posted: 12/12/2009 8:07:42 PM
she needs rehab lol
 myrgth
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:08:06 AM
It's cool that you gave her a second chance. Too bad she blew it.

I'm curious, if you are in this situation again where you meet a woman and she starts slamming them back - will you again graciously give them a second chance?
 Helen0426
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/14/2009 8:04:11 AM
Oh, dear. I guess the real her is the sauced version.

It was very sweet of you to give her a second chance. Thanks for updating!

Hope the sandwich was good, anyway...
 Helen0426
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/14/2009 8:09:36 PM

she came running up to me and 'jumped' on me and gave me a kiss, and I tasted olives and vodka.

Oh, yuck. She could've at least eaten a mint or something. That's just inconsiderate.

I think I was more disappointed that I missed the MET.

Hee! That kind of thing is more fun when you're sharing it with someone... too bad. Another time, with a better date, perhaps!
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2009 11:49:30 AM
Kudos to you Turk! You gave her another chance, she proved herself to have a serious problem (who has 2 martinis before lunch on Sat!?) and then you went on your way. But at least you tried, and that is half the battle. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll find someone more worthy!
 A Moment in Time
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/19/2009 6:05:30 AM
If you liked her other than her getting drunk then i would give her another chance, it's not a big deal and it happens to the best of us at times, when we are nervous, dont realize how many drinks we have had or that it hits us faster than we thought.

If on another date it happens again then you can assume that it will happen a lot, take a chance and see how it goes, you have nothing to lose. Give the girl a break she just drank too much and in my opinion she was not "slutty" as one poster put as there was no sex involved.
 TheReason_
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:33:51 PM
I hope you were a gentleman, and held her hair while she puked.

Lol what a piece of work. There would be no second date.

:facepalm:

Good on you, for not letting her drive drunk.
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 12:52:13 PM

Sorry, but you can't claim culture after putting on this thread that you commented on a woman's body parts.

Who says the OP can't do that? Have you ever seen a Reubens painting?? Now he was obviously a man who liked big butts and boobs!

A little culture on a date is always a good thing, especially as an alternative to the same old, same old. Not that long ago I took a date to the Franklin Institute here in Philadelphia, specifically to see the Galileo exhibit, which included 1 of only 2 surviving telescopes actually used by Galileo, and the only time it had ever been out of Italy. It was pretty amazing, and very cool if you enjoy that sort of thing.
 JennS74
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2009 7:24:06 PM
Talk to her...let her know you had a good time but that you were concerned that she had too many drinks. If you decide to see her again, suggest doing something without drinking. I believe everyone deserves a second chance.
 xandria2010
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2009 11:30:55 PM
hey turk, dont let the people here on pof get you down. I've been following this thread for a while now and personally i'm kinda say you stopped seeing her, i was waiting for the next puke story. If i still lived in NJ i would have gone with you to the met and i would have even been sober, just for you, lol ok well maybe just a few beers after, but im not a puker
 xandria2010
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2009 11:32:31 PM
aw dang a typo i would have been sad not say.
 nexthyme
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2009 9:45:06 PM

I was messaged by someone earlier that had 1/2 of her chest hanging out in 2 out of 4 of her pics. I messaged back 'hey, nice hoohas' and got a response 'a**hole

Many many MANY years back on another site I had a dress on that showed a very little cleavage. So dill weed wrote nice tits.. I wrote back, nice nose... He was perplexed why I'd say something like that. I told him since he complimented me on the first thing he noticed, I felt it considerate to compliment the first thing I noticed on him... Weird, never heard from him again, I don't know why

Back to the yak yak girl... I hope you haven't had another session with her, but if you did, hopefully it wasn't sooooo booze induced...

Some people NEED to learn a lesson about how their bad behavior comes across to others, telling her it wasn't too bad may seem to be a acting of kindness; however perhaps she would be better served to know she bombed the date... JMHO
 ToThySelf
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/15/2012 8:35:49 AM
Guess I'm late to this party ... see you already found out the answer.

I feel like a broken record. I stated thick because I LIKE IT, not because I was criticizing her appearance in a negative manner. You can't state anything even remotely non-pc without getting chastised for it.

Mentioning body parts that have no relevance to the subject matter is never a good thing in a thread.
 NolitaFairytale
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/15/2012 8:53:05 PM
I would ask her out again if you want, I know it's gross that she threw up but a lot of people have bad drinking nights, just make sure there's no access to alcohol on this date. If she tries to scout out booze, like suggesting going into some bar when you're on the way to a museum or wherever you said you were gonna take her, I forget, then cut her loose haha.
 twotru
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 10:29:10 PM
I'm short and kinda thick and a 49ers fan :)

I actually have no reason to post except my over excitement of repeating the win over the Giants next weekend :) And, the under the breath burp is way funny LOL!!

Too bad this all happened two years ago LOL!!
 scottey63
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 10:53:02 PM
I wouldn't pick a bar for a blind date, for starters.
 RedElectric
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/15/2012 10:59:18 PM
The zombie thread is back to haunt you, Turk!!!!
haha

One time I had wine and ended up crying.
I didn't expect him to want a 2nd date.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >