Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nick-G-87
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Backlash against Xfactor number 1 Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I actually think The Climb is a fairly melodically weak, very cheesy track with a huge anti-climax of a chorus.

The media are responsible for whatever tracks do well in the charts, and that's why things like Lady Gaga and the Crazy Frog get to number 1.

There is so much music out there that doesn't, and will never, have a chance because the media simply do not want to pick up on it. There are loads of reasons why, but mainly because a lot of these people/bands are not viewed as up-to-date in terms of the way they look and their overall appeal.

It's all a big game of money at the end of the day, and has been for a very very long time. Hell, record companies and artists don't earn as much money as people think they do, which is why they really need to promote the best looking and most appealing garbage girl groups and soloists as possible. Of course, with the X Factor you get slightly more accurate results of who is vocally superior, which is why people like Leon (remember him?) fail so badly. But it's still massively media influenced (hence why Jedward got so far).

So my point is not to take any of it seriously. Honestly, what does it matter? If I was going to choose then I wouldn't buy either of these records and I'd give the money directly to charity instead.
 stoowart
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Backlash against Xfactor number 1
Posted: 12/21/2009 8:40:45 AM
Think whilst arguing about the musical or financial merits or with each other most of you seem to have missed the best point to come out of this situation.....

'The people' it seems CAN get together against something they feel is wrong and affect a change.

The most hopeful thing/sign for the human race i've seen happen in years.

Ok, so, in this case it was (in the great scale of things) a fairly insignificant and maybe trivial subject that got pushed into the establishments face and prevailed, the point is that through social networking etc etc a subject could be raised to mass public awareness with so many people getting behind it prevailed against the odds.

Hopefully this is just the beginning of this kind of thing and in the future some of the ails of the world can be given the same treatment?

Apart from that i'm grinning hugely about this and heartily approve the kicking cowsass has recieved
 stoowart
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Backlash against Xfactor number 1
Posted: 12/21/2009 12:48:24 PM
Ye octo ya ded rite( nuff vernacular for ya's easy going dude?)....there's no hope at all, might as well just put 'won't see you tonight' on repeat and take that od right now.

Praise whatever that I grew old enough to realise that there's no such thing as being right and that lashing out at everyone else instead of being constructive actually wastes my time not anyone elses, enjoy.

Bring back mithras!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >