Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pamsfl
Msg: 3
Chicks and PhonesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Well, I could barely get through this post, much less listen to you babble on the phone for four hours...guess I'm not a polite "chick."

I'm not sure if you are whining, or just being thankful that you have nice female friends. Talk, shut up, don't answer...who cares?
 anunu
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 12/8/2009 5:19:03 AM
woman are polite because it shows a sense of caring.
They are proving to you that they will listen no matter what.
Question is will it stay like that forever, probably not.
 pamsfl
Msg: 7
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 12/8/2009 6:28:31 AM
OP, you are absolutely right about the sex. Maybe if you got off the phone, you could have some too
 Tigress
Msg: 11
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 12/8/2009 7:15:15 AM
Not me! I have a couple of friends that I would talk to for maybe an hour that I don't talk to everyday. But mostly, about 15 or 20 minutes is my limit, especially if I'm seeing someone on a regular basis and there isn't much to catch up on.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 12/8/2009 10:31:57 AM
Op: Perhaps you would be more comfortible if all these "chicks" and "birds" just told you to flock off?..

PryoTechnic
Msg: 17
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 12/8/2009 10:46:34 AM
Personally, I like it when I can get the chance to call up one of my friends that are girls. Whenever I try to **** about one of my co-workers or just have certain things that I can't discuss to the guys with, I just hold it in. But with a girl.. I dunno. It just seems a hell of a lot easier cause they're actually willing to LISTEN to me rather than my guy friends who, I love them hardcore in a bromance kinda way but, they listen for about 5 minutes and then get bored of what I want to say.
 barbee1970
Msg: 18
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 12/8/2009 10:56:29 AM
I personally hate phones. I have one so work and family can contact me.

I can see why most women can't stand OP by his whining and babbling post about everything he hates about women. Personally, I am polite, but that's just me.

I remember not to long ago I met a MAN on the first date he couldn't stop texting, even as I was pulling out of the parking lot. No second date there. This guy even wondered why women don't call him back. Put down the phone when out with someone.
 MissRuby67
Msg: 20
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 12/8/2009 11:54:39 AM
Tactfully said... this guy is an idiot who needs to find a productive use of his time...
Without trying to demean females in general!
 mr.evil
Msg: 21
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 12/8/2009 12:02:38 PM
"HEllo hello, are you still there????"

Are you kidding me with this garbage? 10 or 12 hours of drivel and she was still there? She should be put up for sainthood. Saint Penelope of the phone.

Good luck with the chicks and birds, better see if Markus has a five year diamond jubilee membership plan, your gonna need it.
 carterscutie85
Msg: 23
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 12/8/2009 3:46:14 PM
IDK about your friends, OP, but if someone is boring me half to death, I make up some excuse and get off the phone..
 daynadaze
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 12/8/2009 7:22:01 PM
I'd be dying, I'd want to punch you in the scum, and I'd have found a way to get the heck off the phone, like, bye, have to go! The real question though, is what kind of person would do that to another, why test someone?
 barbee1970
Msg: 29
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 1/11/2010 5:41:03 AM
That's a generalization if I heard one. I hate phones, but it's a necessity for work and family to contact me.

There's a young guy at work who always walks around with the cell phone in his face texting his girlfriends. Then he cries to the boss he doesn't have enough time to get his work done. Boss buys it, wants me to pull away from my work to help him!!
 JWG86
Msg: 33
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 1/13/2010 9:16:55 AM
Women like to nurture. But wow. Here? My colleagues will tell you straight up "I'm busy, bye."
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 35
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 1/13/2010 4:18:31 PM
I can't speak for other women, but IF I stayed on the phone listening to a boring conversation from a whiny man, I would only do it once with him.

Maybe the woman to whom you were speaking was lonely or bored that night.

A guy from POF used to call me and blather . . . blah, blah, blah . . . I would tell him that I needed to go and he would keep talking. Finally, I told him one day, "I HAVE to go," and hung up on him. I then sent him an email telling him that he was smothering and that ended that.

That did it for me: NO more pity phone calls (they are akin to pity sex, but not quite as bad).
 platypus_man
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 1/14/2010 4:13:17 AM
Women bond by talking to each other. Men bond by doing activities together. Basic difference, so that's why women often seem to talk endlessly with no particular point to be made. Phones, cell phones and bluetooth have allowed women to talk from the moment they wake up until they go to sleep. Women are good at multitasking, and can hold a conversation while doing something else entirely. So with the advent of the 'infinite free minutes' cellphone accounts, you can pretty much expect a lot of women to take advantage of that. Get used to it, because it's not going to go away. I've actually seen a woman at work talking on the phone with one person, texting to someone else, and chatting to the woman next to her at the same time. Amazing.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 37
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 1/14/2010 8:28:16 AM

Basic difference, so that's why women often seem to talk endlessly with no particular point to be made.

You must have missed the point of the OP's post: HE is the one blathering on for hours. The question was WHY would women listen to him?

So with the advent of the 'infinite free minutes' cellphone accounts, you can pretty much expect a lot of women to take advantage of that.

I have thousands of rollover minutes. You generalize and stereotype--some of us do not fall within the "norm."

By the way, some studies show that men talk as much as women:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2007/11/its-official-me/

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=women-talk-more-than-men

This study supersedes earlier studies.
 robfish
Msg: 41
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 1/18/2010 8:51:13 PM
You sat on the phone from 8am until midnight??? Thats 16 hours straight, I seriously doubt you sat on the phone that long. If you did i'd be more concerned about your phone bill, not the fact a woman was stupid enough to stay on the phone with you for that long.
 Trishayellowrose
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Chicks and Phones
Posted: 1/19/2010 6:41:26 PM
OMG
I hate long phone calls. Only time I ever have any is with my sister.
I worked too many years with phones ringing constantly. As City Administrator you get calls all day long.

I had one guy that I didn't even want to answer the phone was because he was hard to get off phone.
He would go on and on and on............I would say. I got to go cook supper... I got to do this or that and he wouldn't listen.
He just said well your phone is cordless.

I never met him in person... Don't know if he was like that in person or not.
Pat
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >