Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Brizo
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Older women and motherly instinctsPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Hmmmm ??? I swear the title of this indicates a thread about motherly instincts. I just read 6 pages of posts about aggression. How odd

I just read 6 pages of misogynistic needling...

this isn't very motherly, but perhaps it's your ill disguised contempt and inability to share attention that's causing problems?
 cncgandolf
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Older women and motherly instincts
Posted: 1/5/2010 1:57:52 PM
"Far too few women in their 50's who I have met and continue to meet have much sex drive left, even for George Clooney or other handsome celebrity. "

I had to look to see if this might be due to where you live .... Florida humidity maybe? Cause it sure is NOT true of all of the over 45 ... well into their 70s .. women I know in So Cal. I cannot think of a single woman friend who is not either getting some or self pleasuring until she does. Since we do know how to self pleasure it might just be that we are pickier about who we have sex with.
 cncgandolf
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 2:16:47 PM
"as women age, their testestorone increases and they become more aggressive. On the other hand, many of them are in need of a cat, small dog, or a younger toy boy."

I found this claim surprising so I went hunting to see if I could find the psychologists saying this andI found them saying the exact opposite. Women normally have much less testosterone than men.... and even less post menopausal. As a result, they become less aggressive - not more. See http://www.abc.net.au/science/slab/testost/story.htm Go to the reference section for a list of several other articles supporting that there are decreasing levels
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 140
Posted: 1/5/2010 3:44:47 PM
Women who are still sexual need to find a way to ask new men they meet if

We can, and do. However, some fellas either outright lie, or gild the lily, so to speak. I'm not complaining ~~ I figure it is all part of the wonderful dance of attraction that we're all engaged in. Plus, I've been very lucky, lol!

DivineBovine
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 5:03:20 PM

...sponging resources of time and money from male after male without ever being sexual with them.

so you expect to be repaid with sexual favours?
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 151
Posted: 1/5/2010 5:07:44 PM

Fvck a duck, this is a stupid question.
Why are you so suspicious, Mr Quacky?

I try to be optimistic when I date. There have been negative experiences, but what point is there to project these onto a woman who had nothing to do with them?

If you project negative, you'll get negative.

If there is meaningful conversation beyond 'small talk', then it's not hard to figure out whether you each have compatable attitudes towards life, religion and especially sex.

At our age also I would assume we've had enough 'runs on the board' to read the non-verbal cues as well. When a woman invites you into her personal space, is comfortable having you there, meets your eyes, touches you casually and finds any excuse to be in your company, she is interested in you more than platonically.

Seriously, if you can't tell at this age, perhaps you should consider switching teams.....

In this lifetime? THAT is just never going to happen. Love women too much!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 5:17:48 PM
Its pretty easy to tell if a woman is sexually interested in you. They usually exude a wall of heat in your direction that is the rough equivalent of getting off the plane in January on the Montreal-Cancun flight. If you can't pick up on that, there is always the simple kiss on the lips. It you feel the warmth, softness and moisture, you are on the right track. If you feel you just kissed a dead fish, offer to split the cheque with her.....

If all that fails, a simple "Well, what would you like to do now?" usually sets the tone for how things are likely to go.

Then there is the very simple "One date rule: If you don't get laid on the first date, don't bother with a second one!"

Seriously, if you can't tell at this age, perhaps you should consider switching teams.....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 5:47:52 PM
^^^^^My usual method is to keep pestering her until she says "What? Again?????". Then I know the answer....
 DivineBovine
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 6:04:59 PM
^^^ hey!

i resemble that remark!!!!

rearguard*2
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 6:05:45 PM

Mooooo

I think I have heard that somewhere before, actually.....
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/5/2010 6:43:39 PM

How many chickens have sponged resources of time and money while pretending to be a duck?

...Reminds of a pig story I heard once.

A man tells his friend about this really smart pig he has and to prove it he brings his friend home for supper one night. The man is amazed to see three legged pig come hobbling to greet them as soon as they open the door.
Wanting to show off to his friend the man says to the pig...."Pig, get my slippers" The pig takes off into the other room and shortly thereafter the pig comes hobbling back with the slippers. The man than tells the pig..."Pig, go fetch my paper"...sure enough a few minutes later the pig comes hobbling back with the paper in his mouth.
The friend can't believe it and says to the man, "That really is one smart pig you have there, but tell me, what happened to his leg?"
The man sits back and says " Well, when you have a pig that smart, you don't want to eat it em all at once"

If your looking for intimacy, forget the duck...think Miss Piggy.

...maeflowers
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:40:36 PM

I've got no idea. I can't tell whether a guy's libido is compatible to mine until I've been sleeping with him for quite a few months. This sort of thing only appears in longer relationships.

It's like most other things when you decide to become serious, the mask comes down and the true self reveals.

Although you have to be on the same page sexually to begin with to agree on actually when sleeping together happens I think.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:50:12 PM
With all this sexy talk, I feel my cloaca engorging!
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/5/2010 8:18:47 PM
^^^^ heck you should learn to google things before you want a dozen of them lmao

per wikipedia:

In zoological anatomy, a cloaca is the posterior opening that serves as the only such opening for the intestinal, reproductive and urinary tracts of certain animal species. The word comes from Latin, and means sewer. All birds, reptiles, and amphibians possess this orifice, from which they excrete both urine and feces, unlike placental mammals, which possess two separate orifices for evacuation.

The cloacal region is also often associated with a secretory organ, the cloacal gland, which has been implicated in the scent marking behavior of some reptiles, amphibians and monotremes.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 5:27:34 AM
Anatomy of the chicken......Now that is how to quash any thoughts of a sexual nature.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 5:38:19 AM

Wow your even faster than most I met.. They at least give it 3 dates..

Well, I am honest with myself and tuned into the feelings that go on in a meeting. It takes me less than 30 seconds to decide if I want to get physical and a "date" is typically quite long enough to detect whether she has any physical interest. Why waste my time or hers dancing around the mulberry bush? If she can't make up her mind in a few minutes at this age, she isn't likely to be able to make up her mind over 3 dates either.

I put it to you that most adult women know immediately where things can go, and any subsequent time is simply confirming their own decision. I am all grown up. If she isn't, we are not compatible anyway.
 Brizo
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 6:21:06 AM

It takes me less than 30 seconds to decide if I want to get physical and a "date" is typically quite long enough to detect whether she has any physical interest

I'm thinking of three during my lifetime that I initially didn't think would go too far. Because I gave it a little time and they had no intention of being in the "friend zone", they turned out to be the most satisfying relationships both sexually and out of bed that I've ever had.

So I've learned not to place too much stock in first impressions...
 ladyc4
Msg: 177
Posted: 1/6/2010 10:27:23 AM
NO,NO,NO! Heart Tunes, we said PLUCK that chicken!
Cindy O
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 178
!
Posted: 1/6/2010 10:29:59 AM

Males want ducks, not chickens.

I really think this is about how the duck wags her butt when she walks. That's what gets the men going.

Hell yes!

Love the way a woman moves her bottom when she walks! lol
 Martin D Martian
Msg: 179
Posted: 1/8/2010 11:19:13 AM
I have no idea about this. I think a more interesting question would be if you asked; " Can a fueless flying machine be developed in o our life times ? "
 kari135
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 11:50:14 AM

I think a more interesting question would be if you asked; " Can a fueless flying machine be developed in o our life times ? "

Those have been around since Medieval times, at least. The landing is a real bugger, though.

And to all you who are joking about the chicks and ducks, I actually knew a man once who preferred chickens, the kind with feathers. Once I found out and why, I never saw him again. Trust me, you don't wanna go there.
 Feasterner
Msg: 182
Posted: 1/8/2010 6:29:28 PM

It takes me less than 30 seconds to decide if I want to get physical and a "date" is typically quite long enough to detect whether she has any physical interest

That's good one. The behavior of 30 seconds isn't faster than animals' that should be less than 29 seconds....
 cncgandolf
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2010 9:27:44 AM
"Actually, it's just the opposite. I used to think I knew in 30 seconds. Now I know better."

Very true. I don't regret getting to know a guy better .... I have regretted not getting to know him well enough.
 ankkka
Msg: 189
Posted: 1/14/2010 11:33:06 AM
Some of them...yes.
Actually...we have new famous Mrs Robinson... my age and 19 years boy...
O boy!
 2018WW
Msg: 190
Posted: 4/10/2019 8:35:09 AM
Yes, I think that it could be possible
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >