Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 42
what's up with cuddling?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
this is funny stuff, I wont mention anything about cuddling right off to a woman, but once we have talked a few times and are comfortable, I don't see a problem with it, It all depends on the two people and what their looking for and what their comfort level is..

And actually some men do want to just cuddle and not have sex....
 startle
Msg: 43
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/11/2009 10:14:03 PM
cuddling is a code word for sex...so they are saying they are horny for you....look at their profile and decide if you want them too...if you do set up a meeting....you are trying to judge what they are like from a couple of emails...it can't be done.....
 Vannili
Msg: 44
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 7:15:29 AM

Actually some men do want to just cuddle and not have sex....

I have few dates that they put there arm around my shoulder and I lean my head on their chest while waiting for food orders~~~~~~~~ I call that > we are talking about CUDDLING darling with no sex.....
 MakeYouSmile26
Msg: 45
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 7:33:16 AM
Mr.Versatility
Let me play devils addvocate for you and all the nice guys who enjoy "just cuddling"

Would you cuddle with a girl you have no sexual feelings for?
How many men have you cuddled with because you love cuddling so much?
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 46
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 7:36:34 AM

Mr.Versatility
Let me play devils addvocate for you and all the nice guys just enjoy cuddling

It depends, if a woman liked me and I didnt like her in the same manner, than I believe cuddling with her would be leading her on, however if we were just friends hell yeah, I'm a very affectionate guy, and not ashamed to admit it, whether it be cuddling eith a cat, dog my nephew or a woman cuddling is nice...

I dont really know if I've ever cuddled with someone I wasnt actually dating that might be a little weird.
 Vannili
Msg: 47
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 8:13:27 AM

Mr. Versatility
Let me play devils addvocate for you and all the nice guys ( you mean men right)? who enjoy "just cuddling"
How many men have you cuddled with because you love cuddling so much ?

I don't think the last paragraph is intended for Mr. Versatility unless you are talking about cuddling male babies or toddlers and not MEN. I will answer this as a woman.. As a dancer, I've been touch by lots of people,,,,, arm/hand touch, hugs ,cheek kiss doesn't mean you have to feel sexual or passionately in love with a person, it it just a good feeling of comfort/a happy greeting with a person. When it comes to Cuddling it is an intimacy of expressing your love to that person whether it leads to sex intercourse or not, the main thing is the warm of bodies mingled with each other, that you belong to each other..
When you cuddle a child it means that you are assuring him that you care for him unconditionaly...
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 48
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 8:21:01 AM
That sentence WAS for the guy--he was making a point: men only cuddle sexual partners, not good buddies. Although now *I* need to play Devil's advocate to the Devil's advocate:
I had one guy who all he wanted was to spoon while watching Star Trek and X Files. He didn't want sex, although, since we were cuddling and all, *I* did. But I have to admit, he's a total weirdo.

Cuddles, massages, back rubs, etc are all preludes (or apres) to sex.

On the other hand...
So is dating, which is why most of us are here. I'm not here to find a platonic cuddle mate. I'm here to find a lover.
==============
True, most people cuddle shildren as well, it's just "not done" with other adults. I suppose one may cuddle one's sister, but you RARELY see two brothers holding hands and cuddling as adults. I sometimes see it in sisters or between two good female friends. ALSO--if you are a MALE and cuddling a child, you will be looked at sideways, unless you are the father figure/uncle. An unrelated man can't just up and cuddle a kid, while an unrelated female, it's much more acceptable.
 Vannili
Msg: 49
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 8:31:51 AM
Msg.56:
Perhaps those men when they were babies , they were not cuddled and I apologized of saying "the word pervert" on my previous post...

I am a Touch person but I only cuddles a Lover.. Or babies..
 MakeYouSmile26
Msg: 50
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 9:03:33 AM

I had one guy who all he wanted was to spoon while watching Star Trek and X Files. He didn't want sex, although, since we were cuddling and all, *I* did. But I have to admit, he's a total weirdo.

Not sure what the question is here but my responce is,
Did he push you off and say no I am watching TV? Then I would have to say your sexually active and you have his needs satasified, good for you.
If you ended up having sex then you proved my point, he is probably smart and knows he doesnt have to beg you for sex
 Chitownguy40
Msg: 51
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 9:17:33 AM
That's really funny! I have two theories. Number one, lots of guys have it drilled into their heads that women want, but often don't get, cuddling. So they want to make sure you know they're cuddlers. Number two, they're just not being all that creative. Thanks for the laugh.
 colt8301
Msg: 52
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 9:59:19 AM
They can relate almost any subject to cuddling seriously. Yeah I like cuddling too but they don't have anything else to say?
Should I take the words just as they are or is there any clue or reason behind it?

lol!!!!!!!, I knew this post was going to be funny.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 53
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 10:12:39 AM
A lot of guys use that as a come on that's for sure, but there are some of us that really do understand that physical intimacy is much more than sex, and can be quite comforting.
At this point in my life, just curling up with my woman means more to me than bumping uglies!
 miketriple83
Msg: 55
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 10:22:53 AM
Some people sure are jaded. Yes, a lot of guys may be sublimating their sexual urges into a sweet form of close physical affection, cuddling. However, I know I'm not the only one that likes to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie when it's cold and rainy.. Maybe they just can't think of anything else to say, and physical stuff is easy to come up with for us guys.

Cuddling can be similar to soft, sweet kisses. You wouldn't do that with somebody you're not interested in, and that includes guys for most of us. It doesn't have to lead to sex, though.
 RushLuv
Msg: 56
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 10:29:55 AM
With all honesty, cuddling is played. Whenever a guy ask me things on the lines of, "Do you like to cuddle?" I tell them yes...in my sheets that is, along with that nice, warm, teddy bear.

Then of course, there are the guys who just flat out tell you that they would like to cuddle with you. Yeah...because cuddling is all that's on their mind.

Frankly, I highly doubt a man could just sit and cuddle with me, without at least putting his hand on my thigh.
 TedJMill
Msg: 57
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 11:53:07 AM

In my experience, when guys say that....they're hoping to cuddle for a minute and then have sex. I have yet to meet a guy who just wants to lay on a couch, watching a movie, and spoon.

I'm a guy who just wants to lay on a couch, watch a movie, and spoon. I'm not interested in sex; I'm 51 years old and have never had sex, including the period I lived with a girlfriend and shared a bed. But cuddling together, something affectionate and comforting, that I like and want.
 Vannili
Msg: 58
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 12:05:01 PM
Msg.67:

Aahh! That sweet dissarming smile ~ (that's you TedJMill,,) to die for............

Nahh, I don't wanna cuddle a virgin guy age 51 . Thank you very much. I'll pass.
 Tarah0128
Msg: 63
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 4:32:58 PM
Cuddling after having bean burritos is just asking for trouble
 Tarah0128
Msg: 65
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 4:39:55 PM
You know it!!!

That's dangerous territory
 lets fish!
Msg: 68
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 5:04:11 PM
translation of male speak:

"Do you want a cuddle?"
I want to have sex with you.

"I love to cuddle"

"Would you like a back rub?"
I really want to have sex with you.

"We can just lay here and cuddle"
But I will try to have sex with you.

"Want a foot massage?"

"I need an early night"
Lets go and have sex.

"I cant sleep"

"I'll do the dishes"
Im pulling out all the stops to have sex with you.

"Im awake"
Lets have sex..

Rarebird76
Msg: 70
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 5:56:19 PM
Basically as long as a man isn't deathly ill he's pretty much up for sex. How ya like them biscuits?
 theforumfiend
Msg: 72
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 6:38:27 PM

"I'll do the dishes"
Im pulling out all the stops to have sex with you.

My kinda romance. I could be ever so grateful if someone else did the dishes.
 Nathan_x
Msg: 74
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 6:53:38 PM
They think that's what women want to hear, plain and simple. Sure there may be some guys who genuinely love cuddling that much, but not in the numbers you're talking about.

I don't like it when women talk about how much they love cuddling in their profile. That says clingy to me. Emotionally needy. I'm not against cuddling, but when you're saying it in the abstract... not that you wanna cuddle with a specific person but that you just love cuddling... it's a turnoff.
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 77
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 8:32:45 PM
this is all a crock of chit.......

Its funny how 9-10 women claim they get turned off when a guy mentions cuddling...
That's funny to me considering I don't remember one woman who got offended when I said anything about cuddling.....Matter of fact they usually embrace it more than get offended...

SO how is it possible that out of lets say in a few years span 50 women have all liked my approach yet in here all these women are against it.....

I dont care what anyone says, it all depends on the guy, if its some creepy dude you dont know thats understandable, but when a man is attractive to the women they take a different spin, just like other things... ugly dude talks dirty.. Hes Creepy! Block !Yuck! Hes hot... Their turned on, intrigued and not going to toss him aside...

I have witnessed these types of things alot, and have had women even admit to me that what I just stated was true....
 back to the drawing board
Msg: 78
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 9:01:49 PM
Ted, no offense but what is the story? 51 and a virgin with no interest in sex? I don't understand it unless someone has a pimple for a penis and is embarrased how they can go their whole life without physical intimacy or the desire for such.

WesternWildRose
Msg: 82
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/12/2009 10:53:43 PM
OY!!!!!!!!!!... You People are sooooooo Venus and Mars!

speak English for gosh sakes!

Now I am really confused.....so cuddling doesn't mean 'Just Cuddling' anymore?

............so...warm body status...is...

......hmmm.... so.... I just checked my profile...and I had listed --- Snuggling!!!!!!

afraid to find out your translation for that....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >