Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 All_Sarcasm_Intended
Msg: 105
what's up with cuddling?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

They are either being overly emotional, needy and cheesy (hurl), they are thinking you want to hear it because you're female (why, I have no idea), or they're soliciting sex.

You could just cut out "they are thinking you want to hear it because you're female" and you would be 100% right.

lol so its needy for me to like cuddling :S
doubt it haha i get more than enough sex without needing cuddling so i dont do it to solicit sex

this is getting to joke stage now a man who likes cuddling is a needy person a man who likes sex a player. god only way not to be a bad bloke is if ur gay it seems

i get more than enough sex without needing cuddling so i dont do it to solicit sex

So if you didn't get enough sex, You would start to talk about cuddling.

Really, Gycraig, Really....

He has the type of profile women have to watch for. Read it. My bullsh*t detector exploded when I read it.

Sometimes I wish I was female just so I could mess with any guy's head that acted like this.

Oh Yeah...No pun intended in the previous sentence.
 All_Sarcasm_Intended
Msg: 108
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/15/2009 7:37:56 PM

Mike3193,
I read his profile after reading your reply and I don't quiet get why you think he is a type of guy women watch for. Can you explain why?

If I do post it ...it may be considered a flame so, I'll send you a message.
 damassteel
Msg: 110
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/16/2009 7:35:23 AM
This one of only a few threads I've read front to back LMFAO all the way.
we could just as well title the whole thing"The Natural History Of Dating"
Advice to guys could be boiled down to: "How To Increase Her Sexual Receptivity To You"
Advice to women; "How to Maintain Control Of The Situation Agasinst Steady Sexually Charged Attention You're Not Yet Sure You Really Want".
As far as I can tell the only difference between sexual harrassment and a line that works is whether or not she likes the guy.
All guys are doing when they mention "cuddling"is offering something women actually say they're looking for. I guess the disconnect ocurs because the desired context might seem ambiguous or not specifically stated, so the guy just fills it in with his own assumptions which are (surprise!!)sexually motivated. What a cruel joke Nature has had with us
 sweetginger777
Msg: 112
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/16/2009 2:23:29 PM
being a woman, if i'm going to be that close to a man physically, there is going to be some kind of attraction. when a man gets that close to a woman and hasn't had sex with her, and wants to.. nature is gonna take it course.... and his desires are going to become quite evident. when a woman mentions cuddling, it's her way of letting a man know she likes emotional intimacy. with men, yes i agree with most of you it's his way of working his way into cyber-sex or if he lives close a booty call.
 damassteel
Msg: 113
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/16/2009 3:06:58 PM
^^^^ Oh ...I see, It's about EMOTIONAL intimacy; but couched in terms of PHYSICAL intimacy.
I see how that could confuse a guy.
 All_Sarcasm_Intended
Msg: 114
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/19/2009 9:52:49 AM
suprisingly i dont fall into the majority of men on here

had a date last night where we kissed and cuddled and i didnt try to take it any further some men on here arent just out for a easy lay

i talk bout cuddling now when i getting more than enough sex

Oh really,

So, according to you; the majority of men are out for an easy lay. You claim to "get more than enough sex" but you're unlike the "majority of men on here". You're as bad as the people who claim they're unique. Other men have sex and they're players. You have sex but, its ok just because you do it.

I'm not going through your whole profile. That's what the profile review forum is for, but, I will clue you in on your most blatant error. You claim to like reading; again because you seem to think that most guys don't read and you would like to try to separate yourself. You're barely literate. People who read can spell and use grammar somewhat well.
 RushLuv
Msg: 115
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/19/2009 10:02:25 AM

What the ladies are complaining about is that a lot of guys use the "cuddle" line to get them into a sexual mood. And they find that as a turn off.

It's true for the most part. This is something that has happened to me in the past, and is still going on now.

When I think of cuddling, I think of it as just that...cuddling. But there are indeed men that like to take things further.

I'm not interested in sex; I'm 51 years old and have never had sex

Geez. I bet the Lord is so proud of you!
 TedJMill
Msg: 116
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/19/2009 2:22:29 PM
Geez. I bet the Lord is so proud of you!

It's nothing to do with religion or morality for me. I've never had sex just because it doesn't appeal to me. I don't object to sex in the abstract, or consider it sinful, or care whether other people have sex or not; it's just not something I want to do.
 VF102
Msg: 118
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/19/2009 8:42:05 PM
BS, a guy can cuddle without wanting to get it on. Jeez. Well, at least guys over 30.

Jason the Fed
 TedJMill
Msg: 121
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:46:48 AM

It's nothing to do with religion or morality for me. I've never had sex just because it doesn't appeal to me. I don't object to sex in the abstract, or consider it sinful, or care whether other people have sex or not; it's just not something I want to do.

At 51, I think it's safe to say your the only man in the world that can say this.

Actually, I found a group, www.asexuality.org, which does have other people like me, so I'm not that unique.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 122
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/21/2009 11:20:02 AM
@TedJMill. I think you should score some AKSHUN!!!! Come on dude. Turn off the logical/reasoning part of your brain for a bit. Please. It's the greatest feeling in the world.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 124
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/21/2009 12:42:36 PM

He already said he is asexual. What's wrong about that? People are all different. Just leave him alone Geez
Why not try it once? If he does and goes 'yeah not for me' that's cool. I was just trying to spur a little different train of though but I'll shut my yapper now.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 125
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/21/2009 2:32:32 PM
^^^It's not the cuddling crap (liking it or not), it's the talking about it in messages and profiles that's a red flag - especially to people you barely know. It's basically TMI.
 emerald1213
Msg: 126
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/21/2009 3:03:26 PM
I agree with everybody here. I would say that he actually wants sex and his way of referring to cuddling is his hinting about that. But guys . . .explain this one to me. Just met this really cool guy. We flirted non-stop. Great chemistry. We agreed over the phone that we weren't looking for a piece of a**. So yes . . . I believed him. We spent time "cuddling" this past weekend. No sex. A few advances were made but I didn't let it happen.

Now . . haven't heard from him? What the heck???
 browneyesboo
Msg: 127
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/21/2009 3:07:52 PM
I like cuddling.
I don't necessarily have to be in a long term
relationship to cuddle with a guy and not expect
or want anything else.
But what I really don't like is when you've just
met a person and you're talking getting to know
each other and they say "do you like to cuddle?"
It just sounds wicked creepy.

MakeYouSmile26
Msg: 128
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/23/2009 6:32:29 AM
emerald1213

"We agreed over the phone that we weren't looking for a piece of a**"

He was lieing to get in your pants.

"A few advances were made but I didn't let it happen"

You didnt let him in and now he has moved on to something easer.
 karma1160
Msg: 129
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/23/2009 7:26:01 AM
Humans need touch, hugging and cuddling, if they do not receive it in a long time their brain gets tunnel vision and they can think of nothing else. It's called loneliness and it should not be looked upon with shame. Everyone gets lonely.
 RushLuv
Msg: 130
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/23/2009 10:52:57 AM

Regardless if it doesn't have anything to do with religion, he's probably still proud.

A guy just can't win. If you want to cuddle you're looking for sex. If you don't want to cuddle you're not affectionate enough. I mean gee whiz!

We never said ALL men use cuddling as a code for sex, but it is true indeed that some actually do.
 damassteel
Msg: 131
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/23/2009 12:30:51 PM
Those feelings just might get in the way of a serious "bonding experience" for some.
What's with the germ phobia? bacteria are EVERYWHERE, even on your soap, and 99.99 % are ABSOLUTELY harmless or beneficial. In fact, you could not live a healthy existence without them. Time for you and others who have this feeling about them to really examine where they came by the notion they're so "harmful". Likely from chemical companies trying to convince you that your life will be better(cleaner) with fewer bacteria in an around you. In fact it would be much worse. Really.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 132
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/23/2009 12:53:56 PM

Humans need touch, hugging and cuddling, if they do not receive it in a long time their brain gets tunnel vision and they can think of nothing else. It's called loneliness and it should not be looked upon with shame. Everyone gets lonely.
I'm beyond lonely at this point.......I have a few good memories of old girlfriends from the past that I can think about and remember. Oh well.....
 fetish4u
Msg: 133
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/23/2009 1:09:09 PM
When I was with my ex-girlfriend I loved when we would just set on the couch and cuddle up while watching a video.There wasn't a reason behind it for me except I liked feeling close to her.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 136
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 12/28/2009 11:36:05 AM
I really do like to cuddle.

I ask women about it, because some women DON'T like to cuddle, and once they tell me that I lose all interest.

This is not rocket science. Just like everyone is different personality-wise and sexually, people have different wants and needs in basical physical interactions too.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Oh yeah.. that's right. People are stupid.

-8sf8
 sunsetsam
Msg: 139
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 9/17/2014 3:39:59 PM

I have yet to meet a guy who just wants to lay on a couch, watching a movie, and spoon. After a few minutes, they'll start trying to get you to do more.

Well, if you want to be with a guy who finds you attractive this is a GOOD thing.
 Kittyxoxoxo
Msg: 140
view profile
History
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 9/18/2014 10:03:29 AM
Some probably think by saying something like 'cuddling'=showing cute affection=girls like affection=appealing to her emotions=easy way to get quick sex.

Of course it's not always about sex. But in this case, the guys you are describing (the wham bam thank you ma'am types) are clearly trying to get quick sex.
 TLC200
Msg: 141
what's up with cuddling?
Posted: 9/19/2014 6:39:33 PM
i'm 59 and I learned to like cuddling in my 30's.

I had a long term GF and after sex i'd move away a little. after the first time we had sex she said "NOOOO" and scooted over to me and cuddled. "we have to cuddle" she said.

after many months I actually got to enjoy it and now do it automatically though I've had a few women who didn't want to.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >