Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Duggers welcome 19th child--3 months early      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MolderA
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Duggers welcome 19th child--3 months earlyPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Nice find Nipoleon. I wonder what the basis of that religious organization is? Clearly half the stories in the bible are about Humans having to choose to do the right thing on their own, not have god come down and tell you. You know the whole free will thing. I dont really remember any lines from either the bible, new testament, or the quaran that states you must keep getting pregnant until you fall over dead. I dont think latter day saints belive that either. I'm a baptist though, and Baptist have a pretty...open belief system regarding religion and science (not including southern baptists...).
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 27
Duggers welcome 19th child--3 months early
Posted: 12/13/2009 3:06:05 AM

These people belong to a religious organization called Quiverfull, ( they don't mention that in their interviews on the TV, do they ? ). This religion actually believes every women should be pregnant as much as possible in her life.

So, according to them, all women are merely baby-making machines? Do they even bother sending the girls to school?
 lateā„¢
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/13/2009 4:05:56 AM
I'm not sure which is more disturbing, this "family" or the people who actually watch them.

carterscutie85
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/13/2009 6:47:04 AM

Do they even bother sending the girls to school?

Their children are all homeschooled. I can imagine the teasing they'd get if they went to public or private school. The kids clothes are all bought secondhand or hand-made. They shop strictly at discount food stores, like Aldi's. They have a t.v show, which many kids who are in the public eye get teased for that. It makes me feel kind of bad for them, because it does make me wonder if the children have ever had brand-new shoes or clothes, or if all their shoes and clothes have always come from second-hand shops. Brand-new things are not neccasary for every single item of clothing, hell I buy 95% of my son's clothes from children's re-sale shops, but it is nice to be able to have new things sometimes, and I do buy him new things as well.
 Got Trance
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/13/2009 7:00:14 AM
The Duggars are conservative Baptists
 cotter
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2009 5:22:21 PM

And to think Michelle will only be 61-62 years old when little Josie turns 18.
I'm 60 years old and there's a 20 month old living in the house that has parents who work a lot. I sleep in the room next to his and pretty much take care of him full time ... much like a nanny. I have no problem what so ever keeping up with him ... and no I do not take a nap during the day when he does.

Some of us don't fall apart when we get older and we don't lay around and sleep all day and sit in our rocking chairs either. I challenge young people half my age to do as much as I can still do.

I have four children and only one is having a child. I'm sure there are a lot more families in the same situation. I don't care if they have that many children as long as they feed them and take care of them.

We have other religious zealots fathering just as many children with multiple wives. At least this couple does not appear to have fidelity problems.

Very lucky their child was born before Universal Healthcare. There are already hospitals with a 500g rule. Kid doesn't way 500g. No intervention. I can only see this increasing as more and more people tax the system.
I have not read any information that under national health care premature babies would not get help.

I'd like to see a link for that ... otherwise I consider it pure BS. Just more stooooopid propaganda by those opposed to us helping our nation get health care.

Nonetheless ... the child would have weighed (not "wayed") around 625 grams which is normal for a 6 month old fetus.
 raxarsr
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 12:51:55 AM
around my area...se pa...the amish and mennoites are notorious for large families......the past 15 yrs or so..the families are getting smaller.......but 10....12 kids is still fairly common...........the town where i grew up in..a set of twin brothers married twin sisters,,,,,,,,,both families had 22 kids each.........and the farm i hung out at had 18............... i guess everyone needs a hobby
 nipoleon
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 4:58:41 AM
It's amazing the total foolishness people will do when it's cloaked within some pseudo-religious framework.

Any bum in the world can walk in and declare himself the " Resurrected Jesus " and there are people who will fall right in line behind him. And, if that " Resurrected Jesus " told them to jump off a cliff they would gladly do it.

But, try to get them to do something which actually makes sense, and they don't want to or they're too lazy to or they'd rather wait until some idiot on the radio tells them to .
 nipoleon
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2009 2:28:07 AM

Why do so many people feel it is their business how large someone elses family is?

Because they're on TV, that's why.
When you bring your personal life on TV you're making your personal life everybody's business.

If she wants to kill herself, popping out babies like a queen bee fine, let her do it.
If Paris Hilton and Britney Spears are bad role models for young women, Mrs. Dugger is just as bad.
Just because she's going on and on about GOD and family and GOD's little miracles, doesn't mean she's setting a good example.
 milt_n_bradley
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/15/2009 8:06:55 AM
How sad for that woman that her major "accomplishment" is breeding.
I'm sure that when she was a child, she had hopes and dreams.
It's doubtful that they were to crank out as many children as she possibly could.

It's also sad that her husband doesn't have enough love or respect for his wife that he wouldn't prevent her from ruining her health by having that many children.
And given the fact that the older children will almost certainly be drafted into taking care of the younger ones at teh expense of their own social lives and well being,I see nothing good coming from this story.
 daynadaze
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2009 10:48:09 AM
Michelle has admitted many times that the older children take care of the younger ones, there's no way she's there for all of them, hell she's always pregnant or trying to get pregnant, how could she also be there to mother all these kids. As for a social life, I don't think they are allowed that, at least not outside the doings for the show, and they must always travel in packs, no females allowed out on their own!, can't have that!

As I stated before, they think some sort of god is giving them children (I guess he withholds children from lesser people than the wondrous Duggars) they don't seem to understand basic reproduction nor basic birth control. I know it's their religious belief, that doesn't make it sane nor responsible. Anybody can take some lines from a Holy book and call it fact, look at snake handlers, this couple is ridiculous.

Why is it my business? It's not, it's my opinion on what the Duggar parents have put out there for all to see and comment on. If they didn't want some publicity, then they wouldn't be on TV. I would never send hate mail to the family, nor would I pretend to think it's my business to tell them how to live, since they aren't breaking any laws, but the posts here are about poster's opinions, and I have some opinions on the Duggars. I don't remember anyone one here having the right to tell others what they can think or post, as long as they aren't breaking the rules. What is the point of posters who come out just to tell others not to post because they don't agree with them? Stick to the topic, don't try to control. LOL

Damn, it is Duggers or Duggars?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/13/2011 8:13:18 AM
Well it looks like the Clown Car drooped a transmission and miscarried on lap # 20 .

Michelle Duggar Miscarries

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20552173,00.html
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/13/2011 8:51:36 AM
While they were in there, they should have tied her tubes. And the Mr. is a scumbag of the highest order.

I honestly believe that if she was in a coma, he'd be trying to knock her up again.
 daynadaze
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2011 9:34:39 AM
Was it Mississippi that wanted to pass a law that they could convict women of murder if they had a miscarriage (because it might have really been an abortion)? Good thing the Duggars are in Arkansas, the more progressive state or Michelle's azz might have been grass unless she could prove her innocent in killing a child by not giving it a live birth. Yes I'm being sarcastic but think about it, if Michelle Duggar wasn't known as the freakshow baby making machine, she might just be seen as a woman who couldn't take having yet another kid to add to her litter and so had a secret abortion. These far right-wing Christian nuts just might have deemed her a witch, a baby killing witch. And people vote for this crap!
 kailania
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/18/2011 7:12:02 PM
one poster said that the Dugger girls dont have a normal life of their own because they are busy taking care of the littler Duggers.
well...just look around you. what are so many "normal" teenage girls doing.
who has the better life?
who is walking around with their belly shirts on showing belly rings, skin tight jeans, smoking pot, cursing, making out with boys. etc etc.
not the Dugger children. those teenage girls are at home helping out with their younger brothers and sisters.
and why did none of the Dugger children rebel like so many normally raised American children rebel? definately not from a lack of love from their being too many of them.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/18/2011 7:30:24 PM
Yanno...while I thank God I have the choice to NOT be like Mrs. Duggar, she also has the same choice to be who she is and do what she wants. These people are not on welfare; they support their own family.

My mom (who was born in 1919) came from a Catholic family of 13. There would have been 18 had all of the children lived. My late husband, who was born in 1951, came from a Catholic family of 12 (13 if all had lived). In both cases, the older children quite naturally took care of the younger ones. That's how it used to be done. The younger ones wore the hand-me-downs and played with the toys no longer used by the older ones. They didn't have their own bedrooms or their own "stuff", everyone had to share, and everybody had to do their part for the family. My mom had to start working at age 11, doing laundry for "rich" people (the doctors and lawyers of her small town), because of the Depression.

Neither her family nor his were unusual in their time. I am glad that thanks to modern feminism I can choose to be childfree if I wish - or to have twenty kids if I wish. I chose the former, Mrs. Duggar chose the latter. Her choice is as viable for her as mine is for me. Now, if someone wanted to force me to have children, I'd stand up for MY rights...and though I find it personally repugnant, Mrs. Duggar does have the right to keep popping them out if she's not depending on the public welfare to pay for them.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/18/2011 7:36:09 PM

...and why did none of the Dugger children rebel like so many normally raised American children rebel? definately not from a lack of love from their being too many of them.

It could be due to the fact they have been brought up in a cult and are for the most part sheltered from learning anything that is forbidden, ergo the truth.

But give it some time, one of them will break free soon enough.

I for one have May 2012 in the office pool.
 kailania
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/18/2011 8:11:43 PM
Pittsburg Vixen: I like your posts and ideas. but why do you find what Mrs.Dugger is doing as repugnant?
your posts sounds like you stand for free choice. that is her choice.
 kailania
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/18/2011 8:14:40 PM
Aristotle: what exactly is the truth those children are missing?
arent they going to college? I dont have a t.v. but when I did I noticed that one of the boys was off to college.
stand in the hallway of a public high school today (with permission of course)..
and write down what you hear and observe. if that is the truth those children are missing then its a good thing they are missing it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2011 10:27:40 PM
Please, these girls can't even wear a normal one-piece bathing suit to swim in they have to wear a 'swim dress', and they can't cut their hair, they sure can't be around other children, they are home schooled and not let out of sight of one of the male family members or a TV cameraman and a male family member off sight of the cameras. That's a far cry from being normal girls with strict parents, it's a cult within the family and they cannot in anyway express themselves. While I, like most parents, would want my children safe and brought up with morals and self-respect, I would not want to suppress them and make them into marching dolls. It's wrong. No matter what excuse you want to make for these parents, it's wrong.
 nipoleon
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2011 1:51:01 AM
How do you get into this reality show racket anyway ?
They pay you a lot of money to put your life on TV.
Maybe my life isn't as interesting as some of these people, but I bet I could make some stuff up.

How about the life of a free wheeling swinging bachelor ?
I could go around to clubs every night picking up hot chicks.
You think they'd put that on TV and pay me a bunch of money ?
 kailania
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/19/2011 3:59:45 PM
well nipoleon they already have the bachelor and some kind of millionair matchmaker show.
maybe they can make a POF best daters show. lol
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/19/2011 4:35:31 PM

Aristotle: what exactly is the truth those children are missing?
arent they going to college? I dont have a t.v. but when I did I noticed that one of the boys was off to college.

Yes and he is one of the first.

Those kids are home school with no access to computers or pretty much the outside world.

They are brainwashed to follow the way of the Quiverfull from birth.

stand in the hallway of a public high school today (with permission of course)..
and write down what you hear and observe. if that is the truth those children are missing then its a good thing they are missing it.

So you are saying the interactions a child would have in a public school with other kids vs a home school environment would have little to no affect on the way they would view the world?

Really?
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/19/2011 5:28:41 PM
they have computers...

the older son has a job, got married to a very nice girl...HE COURTED HER RESPECTFULLY...he said something on the show which made a HUGE IMPACT on me...i am paraphrasing...he said if u keep giving pieces of your heart away, when you finally meet the right one, you will not have your whole heart to love with...around that time, I stopped meeting random men & got very, very picky...

I think many men could learn from how he treated his now wife & alot of women could learn how they deserve to be treated...i am not saying we have to live their lifestyle 100%...

the older girls, they really know how to run a household efficiently & have many skills that are "green"...making homemade natural products, recycling, etc.

Most teen girls & even young adults I have encountered are spoiled, rude & disrespectful w/ a sense of entitlement...

My sister & I were raised in an old-fashioned European style household even though we were born here. By the time we were 6 yrs old, we knew how to cook dinner (from scratch) clean, do dishes, laundry, iron, go to the supermarket, etc. My sister could knit, crochet, embroider & sew, bake pastries & garden to put shame to Martha Stewart anyday. I was more of the mad scientist type. We were not raised to be brats...we learned to be that way when we got way older LOL!

Ok, some of their stuff may be extreme, but overall i do not think they appear to be unhappy or unloved.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/19/2011 5:51:12 PM

the older son has a job, got married to a very nice girl...HE COURTED HER RESPECTFULLY...he said something on the show which made a HUGE IMPACT on me...i am paraphrasing...he said if u keep giving pieces of your heart away, when you finally meet the right one, you will not have your whole heart to love with...around that time, I stopped meeting random men & got very, very picky...

Yes and I see he has taken up the family tradition of pimping out his family on the internet.

I think many men could learn from how he treated his now wife & alot of women could learn how they deserve to be treated...i am not saying we have to live their lifestyle 100%...

Yeah because turning your wife into a baby factory is always a nice thing to do.

the older girls, they really know how to run a household efficiently & have many skills that are "green"...making homemade natural products, recycling, etc.

The irony of a household of 21 people being green.

Ok, some of their stuff may be extreme, but overall i do not think they appear to be unhappy or unloved.

You really think that the TV show is going to give you an actually view into what the world is really like?

If so you have failed to understand TV.

They are part of a cult and I bet you my barbie belt buckle collection that if a Muslim family was on TV pumping out kids like that there would more than just crazy right wing fringe groups boycotting advertisers.

Its only OK in Amerika if it is a christian cult.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Duggers welcome 19th child--3 months early