Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Duggers welcome 19th child--3 months early      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kailania
Msg: 51
Duggers welcome 19th child--3 months earlyPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
So you are saying the interactions a child would have in a public school with other kids vs a home school environment would have little to no affect on the way they would view the world?

THat is exactly what I am NOT saying. It would have a large affect on how they would view the world if a homeschooled child went into a public school.
They would see the slutty dressing that some girls in the schools wear, they would hear the cursing and watch the petty fighting that goes on. they would be around drinking and pot smoking. oh.....how terrible that mom and dad home school so they get to miss all that wholesome American stuff.
lets not forget the early high school pregnancies. or the peer pressure to be thin for a girl, or to be macho sports athlete for a boy. (nothing wrong with sports but for a boy who doesnt fit the mold the peer pressure can destroy his sense of self).

only one of my 4 daughters went to a public high school. the others were all homeschooled.
and the 4th who went to public high school was homeschooled before 10th grade.
they are all doing great.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 52
Duggers welcome 19th child--3 months early
Posted: 12/19/2011 6:44:47 PM
kailania, I said it was personally repugnant to me. I have never wanted to have children, let alone to be pregnant for most of my adult life like she has been.

I thought my post made it clear that I do support her right to make that free choice, though it was not a choice I would ever have made for myself.
 kailania
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/19/2011 7:29:42 PM
sorry PittsburghVixen...I do understand that you are for free choice. I just was wondering why you found it repugnant that Mrs Dugger chose to have so many children. it was more of a personal question. so I take it back as maybe it was out of place. sorry.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/19/2011 8:51:10 PM
I accept your apology

I don't know why a woman would choose to do that nowadays, but she does, so more power to her if she's into that. Just very glad that I don't have to do it.
 kailania
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/19/2011 10:38:47 PM
I really think I would be dead if I did that.
or at least had a nervous breakdown from all those children. lol
but I do admire the way they raise their family.,.the good values they instill in their children. the closeness of their family, and I think the children were taught so well on how to relate to others that they will make excellent parents themselves.
its almost as if life was meant to be that way. but maybe with a few less children.
 Viper1E
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/20/2011 1:39:38 AM
I was wondering...

Does having a Stepford Wife automatically equate to having Stepford Children?
 daynadaze
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2011 2:26:23 AM
My favorite part is that Jim Bob (is that his name?) and Michele had premarital sex, they used birth control pills at first, drank, etc., and yet they turned out alright it would seem to some, so why the cult for their kids and why would anyone have so many kids? It's just insane. I went to school with the younger two of a family who had 21 kids, all from the same parents, and my uncle had been married to the oldest one. I know her from being married to my uncle but the two sister that were just older than me didn't even know the oldest sister, she'd been gone long before they were born. I realize the Duggars are much closer but still, you just cannot spread a family out like that and really know each other. These girls are nothing more than babysitters for the mother while she has child after child and the boys, well they are being raised to find women as sexual vixens looking to steal your soul so better to keep them covered up and lower class. What happens to these girls if one or two of them just want to be normal, healthy women? Are they going to be banished from the Kingdom of the great Jim Bob the sperminator?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/20/2011 4:30:21 AM

THat is exactly what I am NOT saying. It would have a large affect on how they would view the world if a homeschooled child went into a public school.

Not knowing that exposing your kids to the good and the bad in the world is the best thing you can do for them as it helps them down the road to cope with life's problems.

Failure to understand this is just that, a failure to understand.

Also congratulations on your giant generalization with respect to kids, I would suggest less cable news watching.

With respect to the college they go to is CollegePlus which is a basically a kitchen table college and is pretty much a joke. Ironically the duggars are promoting it on both their show and site so I am sure there is some money involved in that transaction.

These people have one goal, turn their women into a baby making factory's because of what they believe from a book of fairy tales and then attempt to change the rules and laws of the land by working their way into government.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/20/2011 6:46:26 AM

because of what they believe from a book of fairy tales

I'm no holy roller, but was raised Catholic & took my kids to a Christian church when they were younger & also investigated other religions...PLEASE DON'T DISRESPECT other people's religions
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/20/2011 8:33:01 AM
BD, I submit by using their faith and Mommy's womb as a clown car for the purpose of making tons of money, THEY are the ones disrespecting their own religion.

And since they're the sort of folks who say things like, "It's God's will", maybe Jeebus is giving them a warning to knock it off with this miscarriage. Think they'll listen?
 femaleconnection
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/20/2011 12:37:54 PM
I dont see the big deal. So what, they are on TV. So what, they follow a religion. So what, they have lots of children. So long as they pay thier own way it is not anyone else's business.

I come from a large family and had a good childhood. You adapt to your surroundings. There are kids with far, far less out there then the Dugger children.

While I dont agree with everything they do, I cant knock them in any way. They are living a life thier way, not breaking any laws and paying thier own way.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/20/2011 12:41:28 PM
If they can afford to have 19 kids, who am i to stop them? If they can't, then i think they're being irresponsible, but i dont believe the government should bail them out or give them money either or that they should somehow put a plug in the misses vagina and declare it illegal for them to have more kids. Again, part of being a free society is being free to fall and fail. Because of their jobs and their financial aid through Telivision producers they are able to support this and thus are eating it up. I'm sure if they had a taste of real poverty because of this, they would re-evaluate their goals very quickly

I second this opinion.

I've analyzed these folks, as much as I can throgh popular media, and I see absolutely no reasons to say that what they are doing is in any way wrong.

TRUST me; I "hate" irrresponsible breeders. However; I dont think these folks are it.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/20/2011 2:08:03 PM
I think they are irresponsible, because they have more children than they can give individual attention to.
The older children raise the younger children, which steals their own childhoods away because they have to be mini parents.

And the whole blanket training method Michelle does, where she trains the babies to not move off a blanket by hitting them with a wooden spoon if they move off the blanket, so they are trained to always sit on their little blanket, abusive IMO.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/20/2011 2:32:43 PM
I come from a large family and had a good childhood. You adapt to your surroundings. There are kids with far, far less out there then the Dugger children.

The worst thing you can do to your kids is deny them knowledge.

Which is exactly what they are doing.

I am sure in a few years it will blow up in their face as attempting to create an ultra conservative environment always does.

While I dont agree with everything they do, I cant knock them in any way. They are living a life thier way, not breaking any laws and paying thier own way.

So you are ok with them using fame to gain access to government positions for the sole purpose of pushing a religious agenda?

Although they are pretty smart by declaring their house a church they have been able to avoid those pesky taxes.

Jim Bob Duggar has also attempted to run for political office on the basis of his religious beliefs. He and Rick Santorum had planned to introduce a bill into Congress that would outlaw ALL contraceptive use in the USA, including for married couples.

You ok with that?

I am ok with people having as many babies as they want, but when you whore them out on TV and subject them to a environment based on a completely erroneous beliefs for your your justification, you have crossed a line.

These kids are in a cult, plain and simple, and if these people worshiped any other sky wizard or even worse a devil there would be utter outrage from the general population.
 kailania
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/20/2011 2:47:31 PM
to Aristotle: I do not have cable or any t.v.
that is not where I get my info of public schools from
I see what my friends children go through and what they are subject to.
at least in the schools where I live. in a small town in northern ca.
very nice area.
so I would imagine its worse in other places for many children.

and as far as Mrs. Dugger making her babies stay on their blanket, I have not seen this myself, but I would suppose it is for thier own safety.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/20/2011 3:18:58 PM
I am sure in a few years it will blow up in their face as attempting to create an ultra conservative environment always does.

During the shows; the Duggers went on vacations and family trips no?

THAT is more knowledge than some of the girls in my area ever HAD; let alone what their wedlock kids in times of poverty are likely to have!!

So you are ok with them using fame to gain access to government positions for the sole purpose of pushing a religious agenda?

Can you prove this?

And...uh..what about Reagan, and Schwarzzenegger, and Palin etc etc etc (x 10000+)

Jim Bob Duggar has also attempted to run for political office on the basis of his religious beliefs. He and Rick Santorum had planned to introduce a bill into Congress that would outlaw ALL contraceptive use in the USA, including for married couples.
You ok with that?

I'm not; but there is no way such a Bill would pass, or at least, be enforced.

and subject them to a environment based on a completely erroneous beliefs for your your justification,

So you dont like the, because of their beliefs.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/20/2011 3:36:30 PM
In related news: Duggar Tweets Out Pic of Dead Fetus Michelle Miscarried.

Way to stay classy Duggers.
 kailania
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/20/2011 6:07:47 PM
there is no foot too small that it cannot leave an inprint on this world.

that is what it said on the photo of the baby.
the photo was shown at the babies memorial service.

I have seen other people who have photos of their miscarried babies hung up on their walls.
it was not done in any disrespectful way.
the Duggers believe that they will one day see the baby they lost when they get to heaven.
 kailania
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/20/2011 6:11:56 PM
by the way it was a cousin Amy Dugger who tweeted it out and with the photo she said something like RIP (rest in peace) we cant wait to meet you one day.

she since then took her tweet down. whatever a tweet is I dont even know.
but nevertheless it was not done in a malicious or bad way. I agree not the best of taste to tweet that. but they have so many freinds and I guess that tweeting is a way to contact them all.

why are you so against them anyway?
 Viper1E
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/21/2011 2:44:05 AM
why are you so against them anyway?

When you have so many kids you can't watch them all, stuff is bound to happen.

josh duggar molestation

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Duggar+molestation%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-
a#hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=FaK&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=josh+duggar+molestation&revid=1123954288&sa=
X&ei=eLbxTsHtGNLLtgfuiqXRBg&ved=0CBkQ1QIoAA&bav=on.2,
or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=9616a4a0f3c0cb68&biw=1024&bih=604

Supposedly Oprah had filmed an episode of her show all about the Duggar family, but later found out about Josh’s molestation charges and would not let the episode be aired.
 kailania
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/21/2011 3:27:03 PM
i dont know a thing about Josh or a molestation.
but I will tell you the molestation happens no matter how big you family is.
unfortunately we share this world with sick people.
 Viper1E
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/21/2011 4:53:08 PM

i dont know a thing about Josh or a molestation. but I will tell you the molestation happens no matter how big you family is.

Good Ole' Boy Jim Bob would say: "Keep it in the family, incest is best.."

Forks in our family tree? We don' need no steenken forks!
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 73
Posted: 12/21/2011 8:51:15 PM
Because they're parasites. They are famous for what? Producing child after child to satisfy some cultish idea. They cannot care for all those children alone, and were surviving on charity until they landed a TV deal.

Theres no WAY the kids get quality time alone with their parents, it's simply not possible. Nor are the parents actually caring for the kids themselves. These kids would catch holy hell if they went out and got prenant and had a baby, but somehow it's ok that they're basically raising the newest infant because hey presto! Mom's preggers again! These poor kids don't have much of a childhood, because they're trapped in the cult of Mommy and Daddy gotta stay pregnant for the cameras and Jeebus.

It's friggin disgusting.

"The Duggars raise their children using a buddy system, wherein an older sibling is assigned to a younger sibling and assists in their primary care."

Not parasites you say?
"The construction of their 7,000 square foot (650 square meter) house was started by the family in 2000 when they bought the land and ordered the frame. Discovery Networks completed it, by finding local Arkansas construction workers to donate their skills and time. The home was completed on January 20, 2006. The painting, decorating, furnishings, appliances, and other finishing touches—such as a stocked pantry—were provided by Discovery Networks and corporate sponsors as part of the one-hour television special"

They. Cannot. Provide. For. Themselves. Without charity and that TV contract, they would all starve.

A lot of right wingers like to bellow and bloviate about "Welfare Moms"....well here ya go. Only they've found a way to get other people to foot their bills without federal aid. Or maybe they do get federal or local aid, I dunno. But when your cult is procreating SO much you can't feed or house your family without getting others to work or feed you for free, you're a goddamned parasite.

And if this familt was black, or hispanic, or muslim, you can damn sure bet they wouldn't have a TV show, and near universal condemnation from the right.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/21/2011 9:09:28 PM
and were surviving on charity until they landed a TV deal.

Is that true?

They didnt give back as much or more than they took?

THAT....would change my vote.

These poor kids don't have much of a childhood, because they're trapped in the cult of Mommy and Daddy gotta stay pregnant for the cameras and Jeebus.

Well; ya.

You sure they dont have a childhood?

Discovery Networks completed it, by finding local Arkansas construction workers to donate their skills and time. The home was completed on January 20, 2006. The painting, decorating, furnishings, appliances, and other finishing touches—such as a stocked pantry—were provided by Discovery Networks and corporate sponsors as part of the one-hour television special"

Wow.

How much are discovery channel and the people who built the house making of of them though? (Wish I could see those figures)

So, in essence, they're freaks?

(the bad kind?)
 427cammer
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2011 10:14:39 PM
Never heard of the Duggars before.

But when your cult is procreating SO much you can't feed or house your family without getting others to work or feed you for free, you're a goddamned parasite.

Does this also apply to ANYONE who procreates so much that they can't feed or house their family without getting others to work or feed them for free.... or do you selectively save all of your hatred for this ONE family?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Duggers welcome 19th child--3 months early