Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 13
Do woman need family more than men?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
aw cheese! Here ya, lazy f'tards:
http://www.allacademic.com//meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/1/0/9/7/3/pages109737/p109737-1.php

From the abstract:
"Comparing the responses of men and women, this paper examines attitudes about the importance of marriage and parenthood for men and women. Using data from the National Survey of Families and Households (1992-94), we show that according to these respondents, women 'need' children more than men do and men 'need' marriage more than women do."

So, YET AGAIN, a man (OP) is trying to paint women as somehow "bad" and "man-haters", implying that they don't "need" men, when this says nothing of the sort.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Do woman need family more than men?
Posted: 12/13/2009 2:13:51 PM
I'm impressed with how much chat can be generated by a poorly worded, unsubstantiated claim about men and women, which uses poorly chosen words like "need," and undefined terms like "family." It certainly set a lot of people off.
My own response is: balderdash. "All things considered even?" What things? What does even mean? What does "need" mean?
And "what if the situation was forced?" What situation? Forced?
BALDERDASH!
 scorpiomover
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2009 7:32:55 PM
I think it depends on the woman. Some women I know have a man and no kids. Others have the reverse. Some women choose their new boyfriend over their kids. Some women would rather kick the boyfriend to the kerb.

But I gather than many women think the kids are more reliable in giving love, as they've been trained from birth. Doesn't always work out like that. But I feel sure that more men love their mothers than their ex-wives.
 ninjaeleven
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2009 9:35:09 PM
Well, commissioners & judges sure think so. No, imo they don't.

Did you know single men die younger? We play harder and eat worse without a family to help keep us in line.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >