Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 67
view profile
History
As a mother of 6, am I ever going to find a date?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
My mate of 5 has met up with men, but this would't have happend if she was desperate

~sc~
 zx12r998
Msg: 68
view profile
History
As a mother of 6, am I ever going to find a date?
Posted: 3/1/2010 3:42:07 PM
As much as you don't want it to count. Looks do matter. So does self pride. Wether you are a woman or man. So buckle up and stop eating some carbs. Take some walks with your kids and talk to them. By summer, you'll have guys beating down your doors.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/8/2010 7:35:06 PM
most people can find a date. But its not always easy. Many guys and girls wont date someone with kids but with 6 kids you would realy have a hard time. All i got to say good luck..
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/9/2010 9:15:45 AM

How would you find time to date with 6 kids? I would think you have your hands full already. I don't have kids and I barely have time.

Those were my thoughts.
 johninsd
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/13/2010 7:09:36 PM

6 kids , wow hmmmmmmm, not to be rude , but your profile would make most guys do the the hillbilly shuffle you know Run forest runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I laughed loud enough to make my dog look at me funny!
 JustMary65
Msg: 76
Posted: 4/21/2010 6:56:26 AM
OP-

I am a single mom with six kids ( all adopted thanks --for those who think women with lot's of kids are sex fiends). I have been reading quite a few of the posts on this thread and had to chuckle.

When I date---and that is a choice---I never bring my kids on them, nor do I have any expectation that any person I date is going to replace the dad my children already have--ugh. It's almost like some of the posters are putting the cart before the horse.

Dating is far different today than when I was in my late teens and early twenties, but in a lot of ways it hasn't changed much at all. I mean with the amount of folks on this site it's obvious no one is having such an easy time of 'dating' with success or meeting someone for a long-term relationship.

Yes, it's probably more difficult for a single parent to find the time and make plans to date---but it's not impossible. I don't think the problem lies in you, OP, but rather the unrealistic expectations or thoughts that run through the minds of potential men who want to date single moms. Again, be wise----if you want to date a person---the focus should be on the person.

I date---and I've dated the same man off and on for many yrs. Right now, because my life has changed and my needs, I'm opting to go solo---and for now it's working quite nicely. It doesn't mean I wouldn't date again---I'm just being wise with my time and realize I can't give to one person as much as I believe they'd want. I think that's the key. Knowing yourself and being prepared for the 'dating' drama---women don't corner the market on that stuff.

Good Luck OP---if I can date with success anyone can. :)
 RobertKoi
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/27/2010 6:03:15 PM
Well, having dated someone with five kids though I didn't actually see all five as two of them lived with their father and her oldest son (20) had his own place, it was an illusion from the very beginning. I have no kids myself and why in the WORLD would I ever want to get involved with someone with that many kids in the first place? Although we broke off for other reasons, but looking back, and yes, I was emotionally attached as was she, it would've been a big mistake in the long run. Again we broke off, or I decided to end it for other reasons such as her character. Anyway, it's difficult to keep a clear head in an emotional state when even the impossible seems possible.

I've dated many women with kids and it's not really been a problem, but then again, dating somebody is one thing and having a relationship is another - obviously.
 Blueyes8080
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/7/2011 1:31:50 AM
I know this is a little after the fact but I have to say that not all men are scared off by how many kids you have. It is all how you present yourself to them and how you handle your situation with the kids. I am a single mom of 5 kids who are from the same man and we were married for 13 years. none of them are over 18 and they all live with me 100% of the time. True it will take a special man to take on all 6 of us but it is possible.

Also don't keep the fact that you have kids a secret and don't lie about how many. Say you have 6 kids but only 2 or three are still in the house. My ex (who has 5 kids of his own) went on to date a woman who had 5 kids from 4 different dad's. Now I can only guess why but still they were together for 8 months, so it does happen.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/7/2011 3:12:59 AM
sure, they are out there
hell Octo mom found a guy to give her the donation for another 8 after her first 6
anything is possible.
 WildAndFree3
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/7/2011 6:03:51 PM
Well, four of your kids are technically old enough to babysit the two little ones so that helps. I have one kid and she is only 6 years old, so every time I go on a date I have to hunt a babysitter down!
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/14/2011 1:30:05 PM
I will never understand why a pregnant woman is on a dating site? especially one with lots of children and probably young children too, priorities eh? wow.
 classy_bunny
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2011 10:44:54 AM
I'm the eighth of ten kids, and my father died when my mum was 44. She died at 88, and never had another man in her life. I think that is criminal! She had a better body than her sister who was a nun!

I recently met a lady with 8 kids and her boyfriend, they have been together for 3 years. They are so loved up, of course it could happen to you! Just the fact that you are a wonderful Mum can be very attractive to some men, and you are capable and probably creative and very interesting to talk to as well. You deserve happiness, so go for it! x
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/18/2011 10:54:11 AM
You know the sad reality is , if the woman has 6 or more kids and shes hot,she will get offers and opportunities galore.

If the woman is average looking or on the heavy side the percentages goes down big time.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/18/2011 11:07:36 AM

You know the sad reality is , if the woman has 6 or more kids and shes hot,she will get offers and opportunities galore.

Yes , the hotter she is the better her chances of getting any offers at all BUT ...

6 kids is a whole lotta kids to take on !

Now, if she also owned a KFC restaurant THEN I'd say she'd have offers galore !
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/19/2011 9:41:53 AM

it will take the right man to admit that that many kids might scare him...

Hell, it scares ME, and I'm not even a contender.
 english lass
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/21/2011 1:18:33 PM
Once the children are all independent I think you'll have a better chance... or at least, the majority of the children..
 MrMuggles73
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2011 3:11:09 PM
6 kids ffs! lolo what the hell?

my mum had 6 kids but had a husband i.e my dad

sorry love, you've got no hope apart from a randy black fella.
 Rare_English_Beauty
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:38:42 PM
Probably few and far between. 6 kids, two fathers, couldn't keep all of them with you? Strike, strike, strike and your out! Honestly it doesn't look good for you.
 TeeToTheEyeToTheEm
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/10/2011 10:56:50 PM
Well OP, that is a tall order, but I'm here to say that it is not impossible. A student in one of my classes has 5 kids (I know, not 6), but after interacting with her for 12 weeks of class assignments I had to take a look in the mirror and admit that little pang in my heart whenever she laughed at my jokes meant she was absolutely the type of person I wanted physically, mentally, and emotionally. So what is my problem you ask? Well, she's got a big ol' wedding ring and loves her husband so there is no way I will interfere and she has no idea what I think of her. That's just my typical luck.

So yeah, its possible because when you meet someone and you just "know", the love becomes unconditional and a you stop thinking about running for the exit and focus on how to fit into the situation and make life easier for that woman you fell in love with and bust your ass to help her make those kids happy. That's REAL love, not "I'm-going-to-rob-the-pooty-for-awhile-until-I-get-tired-of-you-and-then-leave" love.

Don't give up.
 krisrisyoung
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/13/2011 6:16:02 AM
yes i am 31 and have 5 kids you scare away the wrong guys by this but you are able to find some really nice men out there who love kids
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/13/2011 11:26:25 AM

yes i am 31 and have 5 kids you scare away the wrong guys by this but you are able to find some really nice men out there who love kids
So the guys are wrong because they dont want to date a woman with 5 or more kids?
 dutchozzie
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/21/2011 9:19:21 PM
"dating" is never too much of a problem, but finding a husband, long term partner may be a different story, the again, do you really want that?
 frankiej32
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/22/2011 12:26:07 AM
sure kids r great!
 roninseventhree
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2011 11:26:39 AM
I'm 38 and have no children. I'll date women with children but once you get over 2 kids, you have to take the child situation even more seriously.

There is a reality with dating and having kids in tow. The man isn't the father of your children, so he believes himself to always be the lowest concern EVERY time.

So if you want to date and have kids, you need a GREAT support system for your kids so you can be a single woman for at least an evening at a time. You have to make yourself available to date at the times where you are used to reserving for your children. Again, having a great support system helps.

If you can't give a relationship the time it needs to evolve and develop, then you shouldn't consider dating until your children are old enough to be independent.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >