Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aremeself
Msg: 22
view profile
History
If you could.....Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
there doesn't seem to be any reason left in this world.

ok,

no suffering.
no accidents.
no deceases.
nothing bad at all.
no death.
no war.
no envy.
no rape.
no poor.
no starvation.
there is a lot more!
no sin.
etc.

you know, how the movies end, not the hopeless ones.

I just realized, the world kinda sucks.
there are not to many people, even if none had died.
more are alive now than have died.

good luck with human answers.
you always die in the end.
 Souls_Prodigy
Msg: 24
If you could.....
Posted: 12/23/2009 2:55:08 PM
Disease, LOL

Disease according to what. There are multiple types of what people consider its class by personal definition. Hell, now they have even classified obesity as a disease or how about greed, I would classify that as a disease too. I think money is a disease while other people think certain racial ethnicities are a disease.

If we cured everyone’s concept of disease we would be in heaven witch defeats the purpose of life on earth as this is a place to develop and mature.

Generally speaking there would be no more suffering, pain, nor death. This would allow positive energy to progress but on the flip side this would also cause negative energy to progress as well, depending on ones own perception of an illness. I've meet plenty of people who think people who are happy all the time have a mental disorder and need help; as well, this has been made a similar argument for the opposite behavior. Disease is a judgment of balance in this world, not only with population but with maturity and humbleness.

So in conclusion No, but I would like our wonderful piece of trash governmental system to stop making us sick on purpose.
 aremeself
Msg: 25
view profile
History
If you could.....
Posted: 12/23/2009 5:30:57 PM
so, another in favour of continuing disease?

I want someone to come on line, that is clapping there hands in glee, because of a debilitating disease in there family.

where are the sane?
 Jiperly
Msg: 26
If you could.....
Posted: 12/23/2009 7:08:04 PM
I really don't see any reason why not. I mean, if you cured the diseases, and they evolved, sure, that'd be a problem- but all diseases DESTORYED? Yea, thats nothing but good news.

The day that life evolved diseases back into the equation would be a dark day indeed- but think of the golden age until that point?
 Souls_Prodigy
Msg: 27
If you could.....
Posted: 12/24/2009 1:07:32 AM
Excuse yourself Mr. Aremeself.

I have lost 5 family members to Cancer, lost 3 buddies to AID's, and 1 to heart disease. So speak for yourself.

People live and then they die. What the hell kind of world would we live in if people never had the moral reality of death. Our short life span here on earth promotes intrapersonal progress and collective development as a human race.

If everyone lived forever, can you imagine how stagnate life would be. Just think about that for a second.
 Jiperly
Msg: 28
If you could.....
Posted: 12/24/2009 1:50:42 AM
Souls, I don't think you understand the question.

We're not talking about immortality- blood loss, terminal injuries, old age- you can still die in a land of no diseases. The question is "should people live forever"- its "is it a good thing if people aren't dying prematurely"

People would still be dying- only no one would be sick.
 A1_GOLD
Msg: 31
view profile
History
If you could.....
Posted: 12/25/2009 8:12:53 AM
I would love to eliminate suffering caused by disease.
I wouldn't destroy the diseases preferring to cure the patient.
Merry Christmas
Al
 nipoleon
Msg: 32
view profile
History
If you could.....
Posted: 12/27/2009 5:47:59 AM
This all depends upon what you consider a disease.
The vast majority of the maladies which we consider disease are the results of bacteria and virus infestations.

Eliminating all the bacteria and viruses from the environment would have the short term effect of eliminating all disease. However, it would also destroy the whole ecosystem of the Earth as well.

All life on Earth depends upon the ability of bacteria to convert different chemical compounds from one thing to another, which other beings use as nutrients for their own existance.

Viruses are the most primitive life form on the planet and probably still perform a useful function on the genetic scale of evolution.

There are lots of bad things which happen which we don't like.
But, just because we don't like them doesn't mean that they are not necessary in the grand scheme of things.
 aremeself
Msg: 33
view profile
History
If you could.....
Posted: 12/28/2009 11:57:59 AM
and if the cancer don't learn ya, then just die.

so what evolved to master this?
this apparently necessary, ghastly, suffering?
 stargazer1000
Msg: 34
If you could.....
Posted: 1/12/2010 6:17:46 AM
Ah, the hubris to think that "diseases" have anything to do with us specifically.

Bacteria and virii are the earliest biomass of the planet. The fact that they get into us and cause problems for us from time to time makes them neither good or bad. Often, it's simply incidental. Evolution in action. Life moving into a new niche. Much like we do.

Cure diseases like AIDS or cancer? Absolutely. Develop medicines to counter drug resistant strains of common diseases? You bet!Obviously, it's better if people don't have to die. I certainly don't want anyone I love to die from any disease.

However, one thing I object to is the presumption that somehow a disease is an "affliction of man." No. We're just another suitable environment. We need to get over ourselves.
 aremeself
Msg: 35
view profile
History
If you could.....
Posted: 1/12/2010 10:22:59 AM
oh hum, google it, 1200 sq ft / person, if we all lived in texas.

that's apparently less crowded then manhattan.

I suppose wars are for population control too.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could.....