Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Challenge
Msg: 51
Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Never mind about the guys tucking thier shirt in or leaving it out....if I see one more overweight woman wearing a crop top with midriff flesh that looks like it's trying to make a break for it......I'm going to throw up........Yikes !!!
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 52
Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????
Posted: 12/20/2009 5:30:10 AM

Never mind about the guys tucking thier shirt in or leaving it out....if I see one more overweight woman wearing a crop top with midriff flesh that looks like it's trying to make a break for it......I'm going to throw up........Yikes !!!

I often wonder myself just what those girls are thinking.. At my age it is not age appropriate but I would never have worn such a top younger without the body for it.

thecatsmeoww
 milt_n_bradley
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/20/2009 6:09:09 AM
Only for formal occasions...or when it makes your gut look larger when it's untucked.
 ~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/20/2009 6:47:27 AM

What are tails on a shirt? I'm thinking like a long sleeved
dress shirt...

The shirts with the long curved part at the back... Dress shirts.

Oh Yes, on the golf course you have to tuck in, and look smarter than you do to go out...

Women showing midriff with larger bellies... I think look absolutely awful... I was told that it is fashionable to have a large stomach, and it was better if it was tanned! I guess I don't want to be fashionable / or can't be as ... My stomach has always been very flat, and I don't tan anymore...
 TheReason_
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 8:00:18 AM
Ahhhhh ok. I understand now. I don't think many of my long sleeve shirts have tails. They are more of the worn outside style. I can see how tails would tuck in nicer, as there is less material to be bunched up, when tucked in.

Good stuff!

And Challenge, you are truly an inspiration to me. I hope to look that good as I get into my 50's. I know we can't stop father time, but we can sure as hell push back.

~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/20/2009 8:14:09 AM
Hey yes... Challenge does look good for 51!!! He could be the pic on the Abercombie bag!!! kinda the bad boy look.....

Cool...
 Free-At-Last
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/20/2009 9:06:46 AM

And Challenge, you are truly an inspiration to me. I hope to look that good as I get into my 50's. I know we can't stop father time, but we can sure as hell push back.
^ ^ ^
Yup. Just goes to show ...you either "got it" or you don't. Something tells me this guy would look good dressed in burlap. OR better yet...undressed. Period. lol.
 caddboy
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/20/2009 10:41:37 AM
I'm a Nat Nast, Tommy Bahama kinda guy and they are just not meant to be tucked in. Even the golf shirts are nicely finished at the bottom and don't have to be tucked in.
 TheReason_
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:06:31 AM
^^^^^^^^

You know what, I REALLY like that style, the retro bowling shirt thing, or just a button up pattern with short sleeves. I just don't know which ones would look good on me etc. I always mean to go shopping with a girl friend, so they can tell me which ones look better than others.

Unless they are pissed at me for whatever reason, then I'll come out looking like Rain Man picked my clothes!!!

LOL

:facepalm:
 FarmExe
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:19:00 AM
When I was very young, I was like a tomboy and enjoyed tucking in my shirt because the clothes was then designed without any waistline.
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:19:48 AM
I was at a BBQ with a date.....he ripped off his shirt to play basketball.....and his breasts were out standing.......better than mine. Firmer too.
So tucked or untucked? I am for leaving on your shirt...........
 TheReason_
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:41:45 AM
Yeah I generally try to refrain from the whole rip the shirt off Hulk Hogan style.

:facepalm:

Good times!
 Notdesper8atall
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:47:07 AM
Oh No dont go with the shirtless off shoot because that will respawn the hairy chest or the manscaped look and I can see a whole myriad of threads that will ask natuaral or should he color it. Bad enough at thsi age we dont know if we should tuck in a shirt or not..
 FarmExe
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/20/2009 12:36:15 PM

Bad enough at thsi age we dont know if we should tuck in a shirt or not..

You guys should know if your shirt is tucked into your pants. The bad thing for some is that the waistline can be found in being longer than the shoulder line...
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/20/2009 12:52:23 PM

Oh No dont go with the shirtless off shoot because that will respawn the hairy chest or the manscaped look

I would say natural.......not hairless.....
And yes he shaved his chest.....it was like looking at a female...with better breasts than me.......Ouch
I would say bleach.
 may blossoms
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/20/2009 12:54:57 PM
There is a quote by T.S. Eliot that might amuse you.
I grow old, I grow old. I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
 younowho
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/20/2009 1:59:40 PM
reason, yep. the tails are long in front and back, curved upwards on the sides, now limited to long selves, there WERE thought of as Dress shirt.. There cut this way so they can be tucked in, but not have a huge hump/lump at the hips.

Then another other shirt was straight cut at the bottom, somewhere along the line the manufactures eliminated the straight cuts for a common shirt,, straight are still on the market, if your into polyester .. my favorite was sue esther,, oh wait .. sue n sister .
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/20/2009 3:25:31 PM

I'm a Nat Nast, Tommy Bahama kinda guy and they are just not meant to be tucked in. Even the golf shirts are nicely finished at the bottom and don't have to be tucked in

...Yeah, you seem to have a Charlie Sheen kinda look going on...very nice.

Yup....It's all about personal style, some have it, some don't.

...maeflowers
 Levi501s
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/20/2009 10:52:46 PM

Ok dumb question tine..

What are tails on a shirt? I'm thinking like a long sleeved
dress shirt...

Not a dumb question. I suspect it's a southern terminology thing.

ANyway, others have done a fine job explaining the term.

I don't have a delimma differentiating between shirts designed to be tuck-in and those that aren't, but rather the multitude of men, young and older, wearing the tuck-in type, out - as if it's a new fashion statement.

For example: Tim McGraw (C&W singer) often wears his dress shirts (with rounded tails) untucked and his cuffs unbuttoned. Now I'm sure his shirts are tailor made, but at some point that became the/a style!

When and how does it apply???

That's where I get confused, however I don't let it bother me much. One of the nice things about getting older is I'm less concerned about keeping-up with everyone else.

just a few more thoughts
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:04:04 AM
My ex liked the shirt tucked in look. I never realized different until a few GF's suggested I leave it out.

I swing both ways (on the shirt thing) Depends on the shirt, occasion or mood.

And, frankly I dont care if its in or out, so if who i am with likes it one way, I tend to give em what they prefer. Got keep em looking at me. :)

I did learn, thru the young girls at work, who took my fashion on as a recently single guy, black socks with white tennis shoes, is a BAD thing. :)
 TheReason_
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:57:00 AM
I would say white tennis shoes, unless you are playing tennis, or at a gym would be a fashion no no. There are so many casual /tennis shoes (let's say like a hiking shoe, vs a dress shoe) that come in muted colors, browns etc. You can find a great pair that don't scream the color white from you feet. I go for a brownish or tan. Made by Columbia, rebock etc.

With a look, and they look great with jeans, khackis etc.

:)
 A Moment in Time
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:59:00 AM
Me personally I prefer the shirt tucked in this way i can see the butt area, if the shirt is left out then we can't see it. For me a nice smile and butt go a long way.

We want to see a man who takes care of himself whether at work, play or just at the mall, makes him stand out from the rest who don't.
 TheReason_
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 8:01:50 AM
^^^^^^^^^
whew, is it hot in here, or is it you! I suppose on the same token nothing beats a great pair of legs!

I can see tucking in dressy shirts, and depending on the style. I don't think I'll be tucking in tshirts or more casual ones.

:)
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/21/2009 2:22:22 PM

and I realised that yeah, I've stared..
And to think the guys know we're looking!!

And blokes steal the occasional glance at women in jeans too FFS, would you believe?

It's nice to be noticed.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/21/2009 5:03:58 PM

Oh my goodness, Mae, I never thought I'd ever stared at a man's crotch before, but then I started reading those quotes ..such as this..

...Like I said I cannot tell a lie, there has been the rare occasion......but I was provoked

and I realised that yeah, I've stared..
And to think the guys know we're looking

...Ah but they love it.

Afer reading this thread I really took notice who was tucking in and who was letting it all hangout...nice pastime.

...maeflowers
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????