Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheReason_
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Ok dumb question tine..

What are tails on a shirt? I'm thinking like a long sleeved
dress shirt...

Now that I recall, in the late 80s I used to wear long sleeve
dressy-ish shirts. They always needed ironing, which I did, and I often did the tuck with them, or
wore them totally untucked with a tshirt underneath.

I used to iron all my shirts and pants. I was a pretty spiffy dresser, always getting dolled up for the bars etc.

These days I'm more of a tshirt and jeans kind of guy. Laid back and casual.
 milt_n_bradley
Msg: 22
Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????
Posted: 12/20/2009 6:09:09 AM
Only for formal occasions...or when it makes your gut look larger when it's untucked.
 TheReason_
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 8:00:18 AM
Ahhhhh ok. I understand now. I don't think many of my long sleeve shirts have tails. They are more of the worn outside style. I can see how tails would tuck in nicer, as there is less material to be bunched up, when tucked in.

Good stuff!

And Challenge, you are truly an inspiration to me. I hope to look that good as I get into my 50's. I know we can't stop father time, but we can sure as hell push back.

TheReason_
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:06:31 AM
^^^^^^^^

You know what, I REALLY like that style, the retro bowling shirt thing, or just a button up pattern with short sleeves. I just don't know which ones would look good on me etc. I always mean to go shopping with a girl friend, so they can tell me which ones look better than others.

Unless they are pissed at me for whatever reason, then I'll come out looking like Rain Man picked my clothes!!!

LOL

:facepalm:
 TheReason_
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:41:45 AM
Yeah I generally try to refrain from the whole rip the shirt off Hulk Hogan style.

:facepalm:

Good times!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/20/2009 3:25:31 PM

I'm a Nat Nast, Tommy Bahama kinda guy and they are just not meant to be tucked in. Even the golf shirts are nicely finished at the bottom and don't have to be tucked in

...Yeah, you seem to have a Charlie Sheen kinda look going on...very nice.

Yup....It's all about personal style, some have it, some don't.

...maeflowers
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:04:04 AM
My ex liked the shirt tucked in look. I never realized different until a few GF's suggested I leave it out.

I swing both ways (on the shirt thing) Depends on the shirt, occasion or mood.

And, frankly I dont care if its in or out, so if who i am with likes it one way, I tend to give em what they prefer. Got keep em looking at me. :)

I did learn, thru the young girls at work, who took my fashion on as a recently single guy, black socks with white tennis shoes, is a BAD thing. :)
 TheReason_
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:57:00 AM
I would say white tennis shoes, unless you are playing tennis, or at a gym would be a fashion no no. There are so many casual /tennis shoes (let's say like a hiking shoe, vs a dress shoe) that come in muted colors, browns etc. You can find a great pair that don't scream the color white from you feet. I go for a brownish or tan. Made by Columbia, rebock etc.

With a look, and they look great with jeans, khackis etc.

:)
 A Moment in Time
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:59:00 AM
Me personally I prefer the shirt tucked in this way i can see the butt area, if the shirt is left out then we can't see it. For me a nice smile and butt go a long way.

We want to see a man who takes care of himself whether at work, play or just at the mall, makes him stand out from the rest who don't.
 TheReason_
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 8:01:50 AM
^^^^^^^^^
whew, is it hot in here, or is it you! I suppose on the same token nothing beats a great pair of legs!

I can see tucking in dressy shirts, and depending on the style. I don't think I'll be tucking in tshirts or more casual ones.

:)
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/21/2009 2:22:22 PM

and I realised that yeah, I've stared..
And to think the guys know we're looking!!

And blokes steal the occasional glance at women in jeans too FFS, would you believe?

It's nice to be noticed.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/21/2009 5:03:58 PM

Oh my goodness, Mae, I never thought I'd ever stared at a man's crotch before, but then I started reading those quotes ..such as this..

...Like I said I cannot tell a lie, there has been the rare occasion......but I was provoked

and I realised that yeah, I've stared..
And to think the guys know we're looking

...Ah but they love it.

Afer reading this thread I really took notice who was tucking in and who was letting it all hangout...nice pastime.

...maeflowers
 cotter
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2009 8:26:00 PM

Is there some sort of code, rulebook, bylaws or something I didn't get when I got my "old guy card"?

There are rules about that? Men actually get an "old guy card"?

LMAO ... I always thought that when in a suit (business suit) or formal wear ... the shirt is tucked in ... and when not ... anything goes. I had no idea there was any kind of age limit set on things.

I'm more impressed with a clean-cut man and that includes no sloppy crotch to your knees pants and your clothes actually fit you and are proportional to you. I'm not at all fond of men wearing such tight jeans that it looks like they are mashing their "package". Is that really comfortable?

OT ...
Wear your clothes the way you are comfortable ... just be neat and clean about it and you can't go wrong.
 ea®ly
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/23/2009 8:36:50 PM
Men actually get an "old guy card"?

Often this comes with a membership to the Moose Lodge.
(Great poker nights, ...really)

Wear your clothes the way you are comfortable

I've been wearing my PJs everywhere, I cultivate enough of an air of benign eccentricity to get away with it. Of course I belong to a sub-species of "old guys" known as "old musicians" (we don't have to turn in our "kid" cards like all the other guys), ...we kinda' make our own rules for these things, mostly hiding in studios smoking old guy pipes and comparing canes. My good friend Gerry is well into his 60's, he's still getting away with it.
 ea®ly
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/23/2009 10:14:27 PM

I wore Crocs

Dude, ...please, ...don't do it.
 Rythmn
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2009 2:41:02 AM
maybe they are hiding the pot bellies they didn't have when they were younger to help cover the butt that sticks out when they bend over-- because they are belted under the belly? just a thought....

here in santa cruz (beach area), i don't think guys tuck their shirts. i will look at the x-mas party and get back to ya! well, maybe dress shirts with jackets, but not t shirts and that is the standard dress around here, short of half "naked". again, most are in pretty decent physical shape--even the "old" guys!
 ea®ly
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/24/2009 4:51:57 AM

maybe they are hiding the pot bellies they didn't have when they were younger to help cover the butt that sticks out when they bend over-- because they are belted under the belly? just a thought....

A waist is a terrible thing to mind....
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2009 10:56:05 PM
I'll admit I'm old-school military ... if it has a tail, tuck it in. That's not a fashion statement, it's intentionally long so you can. If you don't wan't to tuck, wear a T-Shirt

No surprises there. What do you do with a Hawaiian shirt?

That's one thing I didn't like about the Army , and country line dancing, for that matter; Uniformity,

Thank you for your service to our country.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/25/2009 12:51:19 AM
^^^^ dang sugar you are a good looking man for 103!

Thanks for the laugh~

I thought of this thread today when I saw a man with his shirt half tucked in and half tucked out! I think you should do what makes you happy and wear your clothing in whatever way that best suits your body.
 altotermite
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/25/2009 2:05:08 AM
Yes of course you do. Not only that, you must buy a motorcycle. Have a midlife crisis. Chase after much younger women. Honor the code. Welcome to the old guy club!!!...
 A Moment in Time
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/25/2009 8:30:33 AM
I do love to look at men's butts so im with the tuck in the shirt so that I can see and admire it.

A Hawaiin shirt is meant to be worn over the pants but we dont live in Hawaii so here in cold Canada I want to see the nice butts, lol

Men are never "too old" to show their butts.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2009 9:20:28 AM
I think the OP is a troll! You can see from his picture that he's tucking in his shirt! Or something.
 *buzz*
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2009 10:13:40 AM
Well OP, I for one like to see freedom even when it comes to wearing shirts. Nothing squashed ~ nothing squeezed;
Don't worry about other guys - you do what makes you feel good and relaxed
 TheReason_
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2009 3:17:28 PM
Nope not tucking it in. I never tuck in tshirts. I like to buy ones that fit, and aren't too long. I always feel that my hips are too wide. My waist is 34" but ya. Even in college when I was 155lbs, hmmm Its like my hips always bothered me.

I must have my mothers hips. I just have to accept that.

:,(

I am thankful for the info on tails. I used to tuck in shirts when i was younger, getting all spiffed up. I realize now, a
lot of them weren't tails and it did make tucking them in kinda awkward.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????