Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweetlady950
Msg: 101
Are introverts only attracted to introverts?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Are there really true extroverts and introverts? I can't categorize myself as either.
 HappyDip
Msg: 102
Are introverts only attracted to introverts?
Posted: 10/11/2011 7:08:58 AM

No.
But they are extremely attracted to the internet, and especially forums.
Extroverts tend to not really like sitting around staring at a computer with little to no real attention that is coming mostly from inside their own head.

Are there really true extroverts and introverts? I can't categorize myself as either.

That's because people hate labels. More and more so.
So it's better to be in between. People like feeling they are better than those stuck in the labels. So they will categorize themselves as such.
 Tim1982_2011
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/14/2011 2:19:34 PM
Im very introverted, and have dated extroverted women before. Doesn't work. At least in my case it hasn't.
 Javan2
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/26/2012 2:34:15 PM
This is Funny because I found your comments by googling Introvert for Introvert Dating ! There's not one Introvert for Introvert Dating Site out there that I could find! There really does need to be one. I found nothing ! I also only want to date an Introvert ! I find it almost impossible to find female introverts who want to date. I don't want to date an Extrovert because, I don't want to have that arguement that you know would be coming and it starts with, " We never go anywhere together" ........, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah........;
 2FunCoco
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/26/2012 3:19:03 PM
Yes. they are. LOL. I have seen some women I would love to get to know but I am pretty active and they just do NOT like that. So I would answer "yes"
 mmmaf
Msg: 106
Posted: 11/29/2012 6:43:53 AM
Having an interest in an introvert I have to wonder am I in competition with HIM for his attention?
 Chandraxray
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2012 1:34:19 PM
mmmaf, now that was food for thought for me...

As an introvert I have to say that I do get exhausted I confess if keeping company too much with an extrovert. It is no doubt just as exhausting for them *smile. We introverts need our recharge time either alone or with another introvert who understands our differences and extroverts often can't empathize with that. We don't get bored like extroverts, we find something to occupy our minds usually.

I have enjoyed being challenged to break out of my introversion by extroverts tho. But, a long term relationship would be much more harmonious with another introvert *smile. I become exhausted in this pairing.

Yes relationships can work, but honestly you have to have a driving desire to work to understand your differences.
 gtomustang
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/16/2012 2:56:52 PM
You can ACT like an introvert, b/c you love watching human behavior...but not BE an introvert, once someone gives you the spark to let your energy out. sometimes we mistake acts for behavior.

you tend to want to spend your spare time around people who make you feel comfortable about your belief system. If you have bad habits tied to your sense of self, chances are you won't stay long around someone who makes you feel uncomfortable about who you are, when they have the opposite of your bad habit as a sense of who they are as a person. If you wish to let people handle your needs--even to the level of becoming a perpetual victim of predators--you won't enjoy for long the company of a self-made person who feels proud of it. and they won't respect you very much, either.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/16/2012 3:24:50 PM
All people are different & everyone is not attracted to the same thing. You can't make a blanket statement about all people like that.
There are introverts with extroverts & introverts with other introverts. It depends on the indivduals involved.
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/16/2012 3:34:53 PM
I consider myself a non-shy introvert. I'm definitely not shy and am just fine talking with strangers and such, but I'd just prefer to keep to myself instead of seeking out a group of people. My ex was the opposite; he was very much an extrovert with hundreds of friends and he was constantly wanting to see them or otherwise talk to them. I'd accompany him sometimes, but I'd grow weary of hanging out with his friends and end up wanting to go home before he did, so it came to the point that I'd just stay home while he went to see his friends. It was an interesting contrast, having the two of us so different in that way, and at times I thought it was a nice complement to my personality. But I don't think I'd want to date another extrovert. I wouldn't specifically exclude such a guy if he possessed other traits which were important to me, but when I like a guy, he tends to be an introvert.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/19/2013 12:21:38 PM
I've been with both..neither is a guaranteed success story.
 traveltrekker
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/19/2013 12:53:54 PM
Are there really true extroverts and introverts?

Yes, there are.
But it's not just a matter of 100% one or the other. It is one's natural tendency to be one or the other.There are degrees of introversion and extroversion.
There are times when an introvert can appear to be an extrovert, and an extrovert can appear to be an introvert.

I can't categorize myself as either.

On the Myers/Briggs personality test, a O score (rare) on the Introvert/Extrovert scale would be perfectly balanced between extrovert and introvert.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/19/2013 1:26:51 PM
My Myers Briggs comes back as INTJ. I don't care if I date an extrovert so long as it's not a requirement I participate in social events if I'm not up for it, or he's not going to make it about him if I want to be left alone - and I don't mind dating an introvert so long as he's not expecting me to be the only outlet of his social interaction.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/19/2013 7:48:10 PM
I've always found extroverts to be exhausting. They're beautiful flashes of light that grow irritating and glaring with time. I have a few friends who are extroverts and it works out because they understand my introversion has nothing to do with them. I'm not avoiding them, quiet because I'm angry or shy around strangers. I think before I speak, find joy in silence and appreciate the company of others without interacting. I'm also probably one of the first people heading home during a party. *lol*

I've tried dating a few extroverts, and the problems came more from their inability to accept how different I was from them. They didn't understand why I needed space to recharge and refused to respect that need. I always found myself pushing myself to interact more in the ways they demanded which ended up being too much for me. I began to resent the time I spent with them and the relationship would fail. I don't believe all extroverts are like the ones I dated, but I am more upfront about my needs now. I don't apologize for them and I expect them to be respected if they want to be with me.

I've always done better with introverts similar to myself. A person who appreciates silence but can still interact and mingle with strangers. An extreme introvert was just as painful to work with as an extreme extrovert.

I find this blog is a nice clear way to read "Carl King's 10 myths about introverts". It was nice to read something about introverts that didn't completely get it wrong.

http://elibishop.com/2011/07/27/10-myths-about-introverts/
 poker_fan_in_nyc
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/20/2013 4:13:45 AM

I find this blog is a nice clear way to read "Carl King's 10 myths about introverts". It was nice to read something about introverts that didn't completely get it wrong.

http://elibishop.com/2011/07/27/10-myths-about-introverts/

I am introverted...I loved reading this blog...thanks for sharing
 John255317
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/20/2013 7:14:41 AM
I don't think introverts are only attracted to introverts. I know lots of where one is introvert and other is extrovert. And they are great relationships. I have some in my family where one is an introvert and the spouse is an extrovert and they blend together very well.
 Natas_75
Msg: 117
Posted: 11/20/2013 11:09:55 AM
I'm introverted and have always been with extroverts, probably because they're the ones who chase me out of the corner where I've been content to people watch and drag me by their side :). My ex (who I was with for 16 years) used to like saying he'd married a "lone wolf", so yes it can work as long as you both respect each other's needs, an introverts need for alone time to recharge and an extroverts to interact in a social environment, if you care enough about each other you'll work on finding your balance.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/22/2013 2:31:30 PM
Ravenhair4u- Exactly what I was thinking. Introvert/extrovert is only one part of who a person is. We fall for the whole person (if we are lucky) .
I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, but when I meet people who are divorced, it is pretty common for them to seek out a person they see as their ex's opposite, so that's sometimes a factor.
 juliettes7
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/22/2013 5:01:04 PM
I don't think I was with many extroverts but not sure. I can't be around a highly introverted person as I don't like being forced to draw them out.. I tested towards he middle of most of the categories in the Mtbi so I can feel like I'm not sure if I'm coming or going. I have noticed many extroverts don't actually go out and socialize much. They might avoid it for some reason, but they're very sullen when 1 on 1 vs a crowd--then they light up and become alive.
I prefer someone with a rich inner world but some introverts never share that--it's so private, eh. Others hoard what they know or experienced--hopefully extroverts are more generous....
Funny thing I thought I was the only one who wouldn't go to a parade and that I was just being a grinch.
 aanarchist
Msg: 120
Posted: 11/22/2013 7:10:28 PM
I like both. With an introverted person I can use my more rambunctious traits to bring her firey side out. If shes an extrovert she can push me to be more daring. Theres really no way to lose imo as both have unique benefits. That being said I feel that fewer extroverts can maintain a quality relationship than introverts, making girls who are both bubbly and partner material a rare find.
Posted: 11/24/2013 5:48:28 AM
As an introverty myself I tend to be interested either in others who are introverted or people who are least a bit more outgoing than myself to balance things out. An extreme extrovert would definitely drive me nuts.
 Ainen
Msg: 122
Posted: 11/24/2013 7:59:37 AM
Some introverts are only interested in extroverts.

It makes sense for multiple reasons. The introvert might need an extrovert to get and keep things going.

The bad side of introversion (narcissism, selfishness) would be especially difficult if both people have those traits.

One woman's profile in my region always said "You must be an extrovert". I try to avoid labelling people, but her profile had all the worst characteristics of introversion. She probably wanted the man to do all the work socially. She had other requirements, saying "you must be attractive" though she resembled Velma from Scooby Doo. She also said if she marked you as a favorite, you must message her. Eventually she stopped showing up in my searches of women who claim they don't want kids, as she got baby rabies and said "you must want kids and be able to have kids".
 Ratsrule
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2013 5:50:46 AM
I'm extrovert and i usually end up with introvert guys - i like that theyre quite and calm and focussed - i think they tend to be more caring and i like to be the life and soul of the party, not in competition with my other half. i think they like dating me because i make social situations/meeting people a bit easier for them because i can facilitate conversation well and fill in the gaps if there are any.
 Iseedudpeople
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/27/2013 8:52:36 AM

i think they like dating me because i make social situations/meeting people a bit easier for them because i can facilitate conversation well and fill in the gaps if there are any.

Absolutely correct !

I like how extoverts always seem to have something to say which brings me out of my shell as opposed to introverts where the convo at some point tends to be along the lines of " so....how about this weather we've been having lately ? "
 BI0ndE
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/28/2013 8:12:00 PM
most people are in a middle, lets say 45% introvert and 55% extravert. This happy medium is called 'AMBIVERT' and most people fall into this category. There are extreme extraverts and introverts though. This is when you start feeling either too tired of their energy or feeling like dying of boredom. Since I'm an ambivert I prefer similar personalities. Any extreme is just does not feel comfortable. But it is just me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >