Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > The intimate encounter email      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 15
The intimate encounter emailPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Sex may be easy enough for you, however I have some troubles making sense of that, for a number of reasons. 1) Because first for most people you want to find someone attractive. 2) Then you both try and figure out if your on the same page. 3)If you are both into each other and want just sex, you can't just strip buck naked and fvck in public (lol). 4) So then you need to make time and privacy arrangments, which could cost lots of $$$. 5) Then you need to get there, which will cost more $$$. Should I keep going? 6) If your real smart you will use protection, but if necesary you may need to get some, which would be more dilema. Then you've finally found the place, but theres a chance both your moods may have dampened to tired ect. Those are just the basics of trying to get laid today. It sounds rather complicated to me
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 16
The intimate encounter email
Posted: 10/8/2010 4:03:40 PM
OP- I used to hook buddies up back in the day with intimate encounters with girls I'd meet for them on the internet....

this was back in like 2000 or so...back when you could just search for someone or go into a chatroom, etc or anything....

i was in the Army at the time and would help out guys that had trouble closing the deal to get laid.

we'd talk via IM....I've never met a girl that would say "I wanna come over and screw your brains out"

neither have I ever had a woman I've met in a bar that wanted a one nighter (that I'd just met) say those words either...

YET- with these women, it is completely evident this is what they want...back then I would ask them what they looked like and then tell 'em my name (my buddy's name) and told her to come over to the barracks. I'd tell 'em I'm real shy and had only been with a few women...

I would say if she was not as she described (insert today- if you are not the girl in the pic) that I would turn her away and tell her to go home, unless she was better than described....

again- even IRL have I met a girl that I had a one-nighter with --

I still had to say "your place or mine?"

women still expect you to take the lead and IMO even tho they are (in their minds) giving you ever hint needed to say that they want a one night/intimate encounter.... they still need a guy to say the words...

after all- they could get rejected....

if you want to do it these days, be just as obvious and have them meet you somewhere in public and then head over to a hotel somewhere....neutral territory...

be wary though of a girl constantly texting as you two are headed to the hotel....she could be having her man follow yall to cause you trouble....and do not fall asleep if you really are that worried about it.

also communicate to someone who you are meeting with and where....you can even communicate these words to her....

if you are truly concerned.... lol
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/8/2010 6:02:03 PM

Women who write first messages like that are either scammers or camgirls looking for more customers.

If only these cam girls were real, many men would be having lots of fun with them at their place. I wonder if the hotel near my home that people claim to be filled with prostitutes and hookers is really living up to its name.
 whytwater
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/9/2010 5:16:44 AM
I've seen a bunch of ladies' profiles that have the "block" on against messages seeking "an intimate encounter"- seems to me that just about every message that gets sent on here is more or less doing just that.
But then, it occurred to me that the "block" is couched in the singular, i.e., seeking just one such encounter, and cuz I'm not interested in once-and-dones either, I just freakin' put that "intimate encounter" message wall on my profile. So there!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2010 8:51:29 AM
Aside form all the dangers listed already, I have to point out that no one else's experiences can possibly help you decide for yourself. You are an individual, different even from an exact twin, due to your own life experiences. Whether or not you find a given meaningless tryst to be "worth it" or not will depend on where you are in your life development, where you WANT to go with such, and various other things.
So, I'd say, take precautions, and then TRY IT. That's the only way you'll find out about YOURSELF through this.
I myself had (in my youth) a few completely meaningless sexual encounters, and discovered that for me, at least, they were far more work than they were worth. That's just me, though, I'm one of those 'sensitive' types. I've known plenty of guys who GET OFF on how MANY women they've bedded (when they used beds, anyway).
And, it HAS happened, on the rare occasion, that someone has used that method successfully, to find a mate to stop and stay with.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > The intimate encounter email