Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rearguard*2
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Dating in Your 50's - Is It Tough?Page 16 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Once she hits 40 she is considered old and undesirable and no man wants her anymore.

Goodness, I could not wait to get old enough to date women in their 40s. Have you ever actually been in your 50s and dated a woman in her 20s? Young women are just like young men. Nice to look at, but for most of them, you have already spouted the same theories on reality, and lived to realize that they were wrong.....

The only other thing I noticed is that young women are more likely to say yes when you offer a date. If older men are taking up after them, that could be the reason. Were basically lazy....
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Dating in Your 50's - Is It Tough?
Posted: 6/9/2010 9:36:32 AM

I think if you make a decision to meet someone the baggage is left well behind or should be. You should go on the basis of trust or not go at all.

Absolutely. In fact this should begin with the our profiles. To many negatives and long lists of thou shalt/thou shalt nots are a real turn off to both men and women.
 p_jonesy
Msg: 157
Dating in Your 50's - Is It Tough?
Posted: 6/10/2010 1:56:38 PM
eastwood 969,

Very well put, my friend. I don't know if I'll ever find anyone & if I do will I be bored to tears?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >