Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 32
Do they really think this is ok to do?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Email, get direct contact info (Phone number ONLY) talk by voice, determine if you want to date her/she wants to date you. Set up a date for the MeetNgreet within 2 days, and leave it with.. "See you on tuesday" with no other contact until you show up.

THAT way you wont talk her out of the deal, or put too much time between the initial contact and the in person meeting.

Remember, OTHERS might be pursuing her too and if you snooze, you lose.

Damn it dude. Right on the money.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Do they really think this is ok to do?
Posted: 12/27/2009 11:48:00 PM
She found somebody she was more interested in meeting or realized that things weren't clicking as much for her as they were for you. Doesn't really matter does it?
 jamie9562
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/28/2009 3:21:14 AM
o.k. well since the op has not responded,,i'm guessing it was more of a rhetorical question and he really is not that curious..

I'm with the "you wasted to much time with the insufferable texting and such" camp...

shite or get off the pot indeed..

dating in the age of computer's.........a priceless source of human interaction foibles for public consumption,,

supposed reality in an unreal forum.....
 myrgth
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2009 3:24:36 AM

I didn't do anything...

...and she got tired of waiting for you to do something.

That's my take. How many times does she need to say she is interested for you to act on it?

She put more effort into than most. Typically, after I indicate once that I'm interested and a guy doesn't act on that information then I assume that the interest is not reciprocated.
 InkyP
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2010 12:37:33 PM
Oh, I like the fishing theme!

So this is what he really said:

So I went fishing the other day in my new assmaster boat with all the latest gear. I whipped out my new rod and reel, which is the best because I am picky about things I play with, and attached this real Purdy lure. I cast into the beautiful calm water and started to reel in quite slowly. I felt a tug, oh man I think I got one nibbling on my Purdy lure. I keep reeling when all of a sudden the tip of my pole went crazy. I got so excited being one of the first big mouths to be caught with all my new gear. I started to reel her in when I notice she was swimming towards my boat. WTF is this! No fighting or swimming away? As she got closer to the boat I notice how beautiful she was not to mention trophy size, hell she’ll be a state record I'll betcha! Now as she comes close I started to see that the lure was just hang'n on by the corner of her mouth. I could just see her mounted on my wall with all my friends being so jealous of this hot fish! She is now inches away from my boat and I know I don’t need to get my net out just because she swam towards me. I start to bend down to grab her when all of a sudden she goes hyper on me and starts to splash and twist around. Next thing I see is her tail swimming away!

Now would you be in here telling us this fish story wondering what you did wrong or would you be looking for someone to hand you a towel to wipe away the tears.

Too bad she was the only fish in the lake right?

Ok goober now take you assmaster back out and use a net next time!
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2010 4:08:51 PM
It just sounds like she was throwing herself at you, and you were taking too long to decide. She probably assumed that you weren't that into her and moved on.
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/4/2010 4:21:28 PM
yourstillhere wrote:
^^^^^^^theres your answer^^^^^^^^^

dude you took way too long to take her invitation to see a movie into actually seeing a movie.

that should have taken one (and only ONE) phone call.

also once you get to the level of talking on the phone do not downgrade to texting.

EXACTLY!!!!!!! I had this experience with a guy and I did lose interest because of the procrastination in meeting/missed opportunity. But in my case, I told him the truth when he called me one day.
 ladyc4
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/4/2010 5:16:27 PM
Msg 54
That right there is funny, I don't care who ya are.LOL
OP, you noodled around too long with the electronic communication. Unless a situation involves complex schedules and long distance,which it doesn't sound like this case was. When hints are being dropped like oak leaves in autumn, and you let 'em just flutter by, she probably figured YOU were a game player.
Cindy O
 daynadaze
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2010 5:38:25 PM
It could be any of the above, but also, just because you don't think you did anything, maybe you did. There have been times when I was talking to someone who said something that turned me off so much that I moved on and felt no need to discuss it with them. Like the guy who made commits about killing cats for fun or the guy who made a racist remark or the guy that sent me a nasty joke inserting my name it in then calling me silly for not liking it. Who knows why she was turned off, but knowing she's no longer interested is all that really matters, her way of doing it is her business.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >