Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Any other ladies over 30 never been married or engaged      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Busminster
Msg: 75
Any other ladies over 30 never been married or engagedPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Never married, never engaged here. I could come up with all sorts of reasons or excuses or explanations but the plain truth of it is, I haven't yet found someone I want to spend the rest of my life with who also wants to spend the rest of his life with ME. It's a reciprocal thing, dontcha know.

And yeah, I get looks & mild crap & comments from family (not so much friends, though, many of whom are like "God yes WAIT for the right guy") but would I rather have dashed into it and now be on my 2nd marriage like a lot of people I know? Doesn't make me or them better or worse ... it just is the way it is.

Fortunately I do not live in Jane Austen's England and I don't need to regard marriage as a business plan ...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 76
Any other ladies over 30 never been married or engaged
Posted: 11/16/2010 4:40:02 PM

If you're a woman with no desire to get married and that's your current position, congratulations, mission accomplished.

Awesome!
 aarons916
Msg: 77
Posted: 12/4/2010 9:41:47 PM
So I keep reading that many women just haven't found the right guy but what about people who just don't want to get married because it's an outdated and pointless institution? I never understood why society considers marriage the ultimate goal of happiness, I know plenty of married people and I don't envy them one bit. I know how cynical I sound about marriage but I just think of it as a way to trap someone, I'd rather someone stay with me because I make them happy and not because they're afraid of losing the house through a divorce.
 Helen0426
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/4/2010 11:01:53 PM

I never understood why society considers marriage the ultimate goal of happiness...

Well, personally, I don't. I think the best way to be happy is to be at ease with one's self.

But if I find someone with whom I want to spend the rest of my life, and the feeling is mutual, and we want all the rights and protections that marriage grants, I am willing to enter into that, and I do in fact want it. To make another person one's closest family member, with all the rights and responsibilities that that entails, is a powerful thing.
 Maddiex76
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/6/2010 2:33:12 AM
I'm over 30 and never married or have kids, I just need to find a man that doesn't lie or cheat on me. How hard can it be?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Any other ladies over 30 never been married or engaged