Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > How do I protect my face when I run on cold days?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JWG86
Msg: 19
How do I protect my face when I run on cold days?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
My problem is running in the cold KILLS my throat. I have contemplated wearing a face-mask such as lawn-workers wear as that will allow some time before the air hits my lungs/throat. Part of the work of the turbonades (*sp) in your nose are to warm the air before it enters your trachea and lungs. That is why they are so vascular (and why you bleed like crazy when punched in the face). The face-mask will (I hope) act as a turbonade to slow down the air I am sucking in.

Have not tried it, but it's a thought.
 SecretSpice
Msg: 20
How do I protect my face when I run on cold days?
Posted: 1/23/2010 4:57:35 AM
Since this thread I've been running in the cold using sun block and it helps 100%. Thank you for that!! I have the same problem with sore throats. It usually happens in the evening when I am going to bed I start coughing. It goes away the next day. It is temporary - or so I hope.
 SecretSpice
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/23/2010 10:20:13 AM
The humidifier is also supposed to work better than night cream - will try it!
 TravelingLight
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/23/2010 1:29:06 PM
So how are things coming along in the fighting the cold department?

Marathoner_in_Training
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/23/2010 7:28:01 PM
I use Kiehl's All Sport Non Freeze Face Protection with spf30. I find it better than vaseline.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > How do I protect my face when I run on cold days?