Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InkyP
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Just want some common sense...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
With all the tools available to us to communicate there should be no reason for him to stop. Facebook, skype, twitter, and IM make it easy to stay up with someones life even across the world. I have a friend in France that I skype with all the time and know what going on in his life.

Common sense says: Throw him under the bus and if he survives and contacts you in the furture then you have not wasted all your time thinking about what could be.

What would happen if some hunk/humanitarian came along and you where thinking about goober instead of being present in the moment ready to accept what life is putting in front of you and you missed out? Kicking yourself in the ass later is really not that fun right!
 yourstillhere
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Just want some common sense...
Posted: 1/5/2010 12:21:16 PM

It might even have been influenced by the fact that while in his early messages he kept referring to me in romantic ways, I kept referring to him as a "friend."

i know you asked that nobody point out the overly obvious but.............duh.
 daynadaze
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 12:35:16 PM
You are a very young adult who had a fleeting but hot romantic moment in your life with someone you did not actually get involved with physically nor will you probably ever see him again....common sense would tell you to cherish the moment and move on. Whether or not you want to keep in touch is up to you but I wouldn't ruin the sweet moment by trying to force it into something that it won't ever be. One of the best things one can learn in life is to enjoy things for what they are. By the time you get done twisting this thing around trying to analyze it, you may have ruined a perfectly special memory.
 daynadaze
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 1:14:34 PM
It means he is simply not all that interested, believe me, if he were, he'd be in touch more often than a few texts here & there. Maybe if you were in the same place it might have gone somewhere but for now, he's a great memory, don't beat it to death. I do not see how you are thinking like a guy, you are thinking like young woman with bigger hopes than she's admitting to herself. Let it go, stay in touch via a text/email here & there since you do like him but do not think of him than more than a distant friend you probably won't ever see again. If you do meet up again, and you are both single, go out but don't be living in denial about this really happening. You asked for common sense, you are getting common sense responses.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >