Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pingshooter
Msg: 113
view profile
History
what the heck are guys looking for on a first date?Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

except for the ones that like firm perky tits with amazing nipples and soft alabaster hue :)

gassspp..quick call 9-1-1..I am having a heart attack..whewww..

So true, not all men like big breasts..(wiping sweat from brow)..
 ladyc4
Msg: 114
what the heck are guys looking for on a first date?
Posted: 7/20/2010 6:51:40 PM

The rest is irrelevant! If you present a set of 34 tripple Ds on a 115 pound frame, all men will be compatible!!

How the hell did she keep from tipping over frontward? Hip pockets full of lead sinkers for counterweight?
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are ladies whose cups runneth over ,yet they are nice, levelheaded women.
But if you consistently keep picking women based strictly on what's in her bra and panties, without giving heed to what is (or isn't) between her ears, no wonder you come to dating sites carrying so much anger.
Otherwise, I'm sort of given to think that with many(not all) men who frequent dating sites,a lot of their activity is nothing but window shopping and hoping to get lucky.
Cindy O
 soflnighteagle
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/10/2010 1:41:35 PM
I think we are all looking for the same basic things:
First does the person match their profile and photo? If you lied on your profile, it's game over.
Next is there any kind of connection at all? There has to be a reasonable belief that there is potential for relationship.
The last thing I look for is if she seems interested at all. This is the hardest one to figure out. The last two women I met seemed to have little interest, in fact the woman I met last night wouldn't give me her phone number or e-mail address at the end of the night. She said the dating site e-mail was good enough, so I figured that as a big no interest. Today she sends me an e-mail asking if we can go out again. Makes me wonder if she is hiding something.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/10/2010 2:31:35 PM

what the heck are (most)guys looking for on a first date?
I added the world "most".

They want to check you out to see if there's a possibility of some lovin'/sex at some near point in the future.
Having a nice time... etc.... it all good and well and fun and whatever.
But mainly they want to see if there's that possiblility.
Plain and simple.

They're looking to see if they can see having sex with you.
There's no puzzle there.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/10/2010 5:04:15 PM

I really have to question the logic of man going on dates or using online dating in order to get sex.
It's not "to get sex", per say.
But... of course sex is expected at some point if it's going to be a relationship!
I mean duh, of course!
Soooooo on that first date a man IS going to be looking to see if she is someone he would want to have sex with eventually...
and he's going to be looking to see if there is even going to be that posibility.
If the answer is "no" to either of those.. that will be that.
The question is "what the heck are guys looking for on a first date",
and I still think the answer is they're looking to see if she is doing to be a viable sexual partner at sometime in the near future.
It's not that they're "using online dating in order to get sex".
(BUT.. there actually ARE many who do do that)
It's just that they want to check it out to see if it's got possibilities.
Even before they check it out to see if the personalities will match!!!!
 kenfla38
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/12/2010 7:34:52 AM

For me, the simple answer is "chemistry". It has little to do with where you go or what you do on the date itself.

It's all about enjoying the company of the other person. Do I enjoy talking with her, being with her? ... Does she make me smile? Does she make me laugh? Do I feel comfortable and content when I'm with her ? and YES... Am I physically attracted to her?
 LongLensman
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/14/2010 1:49:42 PM
(A) Beauty Queen
(B) Rocket Scientist
(C) Super Woman
(D) All of the above

D
 Captain_Wayne
Msg: 123
Posted: 9/16/2010 12:28:43 AM
I cannot answer that question. I do wish however, that women would start being straight with me. I have dated several women in a row who all said they wanted to keep seeing me and then they were never available to get together again. One strung me on for over a month, assuring me that she wanted to see me again but saying this or that was getting in the way until I finally realized that she was full of it and stopped writing to her.
 abelian
Msg: 124
Posted: 9/16/2010 12:35:21 AM

One strung me on for over a month, assuring me that she wanted to see me again but saying this or that was getting in the way until I finally realized that she was full of it and stopped writing to her.

Now that you've had that happen once, you should know now to never ask more than once. If she is REALLY interested, once will be enough. If you have to ask twice, write her off.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 128
Posted: 5/11/2011 3:03:35 PM

Last invite I got was to meet in a PUBIC place...
 valenciacityx
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/11/2011 3:25:28 PM
silly stupid irrevorant fun that doesnt feel like an interview, charade, or pantomimed out of last months O, Cosmo, Red Book, Vanity etc.

best first date, Ice cream down on the square, feet in the fountain, and coin toss over the shoulder. It was endearing, It hopefully made up for the chopstick incident that happened latter that night.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 130
Posted: 5/12/2011 8:29:08 AM

We are looking for a 2nd date as "More than friends" If you dont want that, dont waste the male's time.

Better yet, don't YOU waste the woman's time. If sex is all you're after, go hire yourself a prostitute.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/12/2011 2:21:46 PM

Sad thing is...that MIGHT not have been a typo!!!!

Ha!

I should have told him.."No I don't want crabs..I VANT LAAAABSTA"

OP..I would make sure I KNEW that before excepting..At last made MYSELF clear.

Are you saying yes to these.."Hey how about dinner?" first e mails?

Had one ask for a breakfast meet at 8:15 one morning...WTH???
I don't give a ratz azz what" shift" you work..First meet? COME ON!!!!!!

How about Christmas morning ?

Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/12/2011 2:38:30 PM

Had one ask for a breakfast meet at 8:15 one morning...WTH???

Just tell him you don't like sausage.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 134
Posted: 5/12/2011 3:02:17 PM

Just tell him you don't like sausage.

You are bad^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I always get some HAM anyway..wahahahahaha

Guys want fried eggs..Whats up with that?

Yeah Op..fried eggs.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/12/2011 3:11:56 PM
Actually fresh melons can be great in the am.. along with some warm muffins and bagel..

What? You expect me to come up with something butter? ..

Gotta have more sustenance to drive those synapses wilder with saratonin and dontbemin..
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 136
Posted: 5/12/2011 3:46:21 PM

Actually fresh melons can be great in the am..

LOL....Honey Dew..

All he had to do was offer Honey Dew..
Menz

Not grits and gravy,sept rown heyah it seems

saratonin and dontbemin..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^with a little bacon..maybe some pork chops afterwards.

Don't let them near your necklace though..

Seems some expect Tar Jay jewelry.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 138
Posted: 5/14/2011 12:30:37 AM
a conversation beyond what you last watched on TV or heard off of Twitter /Facebook/Myspace would be nice.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2011 6:08:36 PM
I know what I am looking for. An honest person. Someone who can talk for a few hours without stating a lie. If you make up a story, you better stick to that story, and not waver. I can catch you every time. If your body language is not right, I can catch you at your lies.
 ladyc4
Msg: 141
Posted: 5/18/2011 9:39:08 AM
Catamount
IF you and the lady in question are previously acquainted IRL, that might be within the realm of reason.
However, if this is a first or even 2nd meeting/date with someone "met" via the internet, whether it be a dating site specifically or some other internet interaction, common sense about safety makes going to one or the others'private residence on a first date a bad idea.Every mainstream dating site out there advises against this. I would call your expectation unrealistic.
Cindy O
 ladyc4
Msg: 143
Posted: 5/18/2011 1:37:56 PM
FB is still the internet. And not everyone cares to be on FB, or "tweet"-whatever.
Investigate??? You mean,I'm gonna meet a guy for a cup of coffee, so I should run a background investigation?

Let's face it. If the rules were up to the guys. We would have sex and not even go out on a date. But sadly that just isn't how it works :(

I think most women who haven't been in a convent in Siberia for the last 10 years have figured this out. Tell us something that's NEWS.
Most women are looking for men who see them as PERSONS...not just walking vaginas.
You CAN just have sex and not go on a date. It's called hiring a prostitute. Internet dating sites are not strictly "hook-up" venues. Many people do really use them to help locate potential pair-bond relationships that encompass much more than the horizontal hula.
Cindy O
 abelian
Msg: 145
Posted: 5/18/2011 3:00:28 PM
5 secs looking at my FB makes a girl realize I am very normal and not a serial killer.

Obviously. No one with a fb profile that appears normal could possibly not be exactly what his/her profile describes. I'm also pretty sure that fb has a ``no serial killers'' policy.
 magicallaroundme
Msg: 146
Posted: 5/18/2011 3:35:42 PM

Let's face it. If the rules were up to the guys

That's the hell of it. The rules ARE up to guys. Not realizing it is the biggest source of problems a guy has. Think of it...

you can ask her out the night of the dance...
you can ask her out the night of the birthday party...
you can ask her out the night of the ball game...

Just asking her out on a certain night means that the decision was in your hands alone. Deciding that it is your obligation to decide everything makes it all much easier.
 Laha Math
Msg: 147
Posted: 5/18/2011 5:11:15 PM
I want to be entertained. By a clean, cute, trim lady. So when I'm finished driving her up the wall with unrestrained passion we'll have something else to occupy our time. I don't want to just lie there staring at her scratch marks on the ceiling. And she can make a good pot of tea.
 Melinda733
Msg: 148
Posted: 5/18/2011 7:40:20 PM
" I think it's good to be a short maybe lunch date..."

I agree. I may use this on my profile!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >