Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RushLuv
Msg: 51
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
The funny thing is, while growing up, I didn't have the slightest interests in skirts and dresses because I was too much of a tomboy. But now as I got older, I actually don't mind wearing a either one.

If a woman has all of the right curves, a dress would look much better on her than the average stick figure. Not to mention how skirts and dresses can really bring out a pair of nice legs.

Thanks to eczema, I don't have the most attractive legs, but I am curvy.

I suppose some (if not most men) like the idea of how some women look in skirts and dresses. It can indeed be a turn on.

I don't really understand men's fascination with super short skirts though.

Geez. It could be because they like the idea of butt cheeks hanging out, and apparently screaming, "Come and give me a good f*ck." Especially if she's bending over.
 Vannili
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?
Posted: 1/7/2010 11:11:00 AM

OMG I'm such a pig!!!! *whip self*.

No you are not a pig!!! You are a bird a" Rarebird"
 Vannili
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 11:34:57 AM

What's the matter The Reason ? you're a pig and can't handle when a woman call you a pig ? Grow up?

Please don't stooped so low calling some one here a pig,when you are the one who has that kind of mentality.
Vannili
 Countryboy_toronto
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/7/2010 12:57:31 PM
1.) Women look hot in dresses
2.) Physical attraction matters
3.) Why do most women like a man in a suit? A man with style? Answer: It shows he cares about himself and how he presents himself.
4.) In a relationship it's about compromise; I like it when my girlfriends where clothes that I think are sexy because I am physically attracted to them. It's especially hot when I know they are doing it just for me. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't mind it when a girl wears sweats and T or jeans and a T, in fact, it's pretty hot most of the time. However, when these things are her constant uniform for life it gets a little stale after a while.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:02:45 PM
Chill out Gwendolyn! There are at least three women who made comments inferring that the only reason men who like dresses is because of some nefarious reason. There are only six or so women replying on here so that makes up almost half...the messages I'm talking about up 'tul now are: #2, 3, 30, 38, 39...None of them yours so take a breath dear.

Threads like this often attract extremist women...people who have extreme negative reactions to non extreme subjects often , as has been suggested by guys here, have total man-hating profiles too...they latch onto any thread to continue bashing men.

I'm sure for some men they are correct...but they like to apply it to ALL men...you can see this in their profiles and in their histories.

EDIT:

Countryboy YOU, my friend, NAILED it!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:52:35 PM

Chill out Gwendolyn!

I am as chilled as you and the guy claiming that the men haters are out in force.

Two of the posts you mentioned are by the same woman--the one who said men are pigs. The other posts said that men are out for easy access, but they weren't said in a nasty manner.

In fact, if you read my posts, in one I remark where my former SO told me that short skirts entice men because of the promise of easy access.

Just because a woman makes such a remark doesn't mean that she hates men!

Edit:

I just have to say that icmud's original comments are every bit as woman-hating as the original comment was man-hating. A woman called men pigs, than icmud comes on here and first makes this comment about covering up the heads of ugly women:

Exactly! And if you check out icmud's profile, his disdain for women is apparent.

Oh, and he started in on men, as well--sounds like he just loves everyone, doesn't it?

1234deleted1234
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/7/2010 2:18:03 PM
Yes Gwendolyn, I see that two of the posts were the same person...read their profiles though. I never mentioned any of your posts because you always seem to actually have CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

As for ICMUD...he's just being funny...he's kind of like Dennis Leary or Lewis Black...he makes me laugh, I like him. I don't think he's actually hateful...when I'm with my friends I have the same caustic sense of humor!

I think we should have a section on here for RANTS, DOZENS and SLAMS! Who knows how many careers could be launched!
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/7/2010 2:28:15 PM

Oh so it's okay for men to make hateful jokes but it's not okay for women to do the same?

When is it okay for anybody to make hateful jokes?

There's a difference between ironical or satirical observations and outright attacks. Irony requires wit, dumb-arse bar talk does not.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/7/2010 2:34:58 PM
jokes yes, it's okay but you can tell when someone's just plain hateful! There's a difference, I don't expect everyone to be able to tell though. I'll contrast Paula Pounstone against Andrew Dice Clay...they both slammed the opposite sex but only the Diceman got chastised for it.

There are men on here who are women haters too....I just don't see icmud as hating anyone...I think this is just an outlet for his humor! Come on! When he slammed the one guy about his pics....that was hilarious (I almost sprayed my monitor with soda)...no offense picture guy, but icmud does have a point...the pics are very Metro at best. it's cool though, some women like that.

Some of you are correct though this isn't the place for outright attacks...I digress
 misszmsz
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/7/2010 3:05:55 PM
I always wear dress or skirts because for me they are way more comfortable than pants.

Why men like dresses on women varies as greatly as the men themselves.
 Vannili
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 3:21:59 PM
I wear a dress and skirts because it makes me feel like a divine* woman*...
and it doesn't bother me of other people reactions of my being a woman.
And I don't care if *it makes a "tent" below their belt.

Ooops! is that makes me a man hater ???
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/7/2010 3:45:29 PM
I've never thought that women wearing dress or skirts could be that powerful to make a "tent". Good to know! lol

It depends on the woman, the dress....and the boy, erh, I mean man.

The right combo will raise our interest though!

Ive met girls who really caught my eye in a dress that probably wouldn't have in jeans because they were more plain, feature wise...the dress just brought out their femininity more! Then again since they CHOSE to wear the dress their personality probably WAS more feminine so...to me much more attractive.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/7/2010 3:51:57 PM

jokes yes, it's okay but you can tell when someone's just plain hateful!

Ah, but I DO think that icmud is being hateful and spiteful. His profile is caustic, mean, and insulting. Without voice inflection and other cues, it is hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic, but I truly think that you reading him wrong.

But even if you are reading him right, humor at the expense of other people isn't funny. I have a warped and well developed sense of humor, but hurting others for the sake of hurting isn't funny.

Come on! When he slammed the one guy about his pics....that was hilarious

Let he who is beautiful cast aspersions on the looks of others. So, you find it amusing to make fun of other people for how they look? What's next? Let's make fun of those with disabilities? How about people with mental handicaps? They are less able to defend themselves.

but icmud does have a point..

This forum wasn't about the pics of the posters, but about why men like dresses on woman.

Some of you are correct though this isn't the place for outright attacks...I digress

He outright attacked people--you can't have it both ways.

I never mentioned any of your posts because you always seem to actually have CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

I try to be fair and constructive . . . unlike icmud. However, I do and will call them as I see them.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/7/2010 4:17:24 PM
I read icmud's history and I really do think hes being funny...very sarcastic and caustic, but still funny.
I do agree that this isn't the place...still though, he makes me laugh 'cuz he always chimes in at the right time when the thread starts to bore..he gets in there and kicks it up and gets peoples blood boiling.

I CAN have it both ways...I can agree with HIM that he made a funny point and I can agree with YOU that this isn't the place!

I'd love to have a few beers with the guy...it's a good thing I don't drink much 'cuz I think most of it would be coming out of my nose though!

Let he who is beautiful cast aspersions on the looks of others. So, you find it amusing to make fun of other people for how they look? What's next? Let's make fun of those with disabilities? How about people with mental handicaps? They are less able to defend themselves.

Well...Carlos Mencia makes me laugh too so...yeah
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 4:55:06 PM
i'm surprised an innocent topic like skirts could bring out this level of enmity.
 Super_Eve
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:08:04 PM
i'm surprised an innocent topic like skirts could bring out this level of enmity.

Especially since, there are women who have stated that they like to wear skirts, and men who have stated that they like women, who like to wear skirts...

panties are an option for this pig!!!!

oink oink!!!!

Stop looking up my fuking skirt!
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 77
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:16:48 PM
cw35, yes I think your pics when viewed together DO look very metro, no offense, but they do in my opinion. ...and shirtless pics are a violation!

...so are turtlenecks! lol! I'm kidding! lighten up!

Are you suggesting my pictures look metro too? Well, considering that my pictures are horrible and I usually look like a thug or worse in pictures...I guess I'll take that as a compliment.

As for you getting suspended for fighting ...my only reference is this thread, which to me shows that you're very sensitive and instead of coming back with a jab you come back with swear words and are very upset.

Perhaps if you had told icmud that women respond better to a metro gentleman than a bicycle mechanic who looks like he bullies children (he might have liked that comeback)....or you could have snapped at me telling me I look like I can lift numbers heavier than I can count. I wouldn't be offended...I KNOW what I look like and the perception people get of me just going on looks. I know I'm smart so it wouldn't bother me. I doubt icmud would be offended either...I doubt he bullies little kids ( He MIGHT pull the wings off butterflies though! lol!)

...we've already determined that there's no call for personal attacks.............

So anyway ....chill brother

Bring on the skirts!...oh wait, us guys are all pigs...OFF with the skirts!
 Greyfeld
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:34:16 PM

Men see them as ... Easy access to her but and the shorter the easier. Men are pigs!

And now we know why you're single.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:43:03 PM

I think your pics when viewed together DO look very metro,

What the bloody hell does his pictures have to do with women and skirts???

As for you getting suspended for fighting ...my only reference is this thread, which to me shows that you're very sensitive and instead of coming back with a jab you come back with swear words and are very upset.

I have been suspended twice from forums and was told if it happens again, I am off the forums for good. While my life doesn't revolve around POF forums and I would manage to collect myself and go on, I enjoy posting here. As a result, I am careful what I say and especially, how I say it. I imagine that cw35 feels the same way and sometimes walks softly in order to keep from offending the mods, not the other posters.

I doubt icmud would be offended either..

In my experience, I have found that often people who "dish it out" can't take it. They develop a caustic, biting tongue in order to protect themselves.
 Greyfeld
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:58:15 PM
Nope. I can wear nice dress pants if needed. I tend to avoid those types of places because of how snotty they are

Not to be rude or anything, but isn't that a bit of a assumption? I mean honestly, how many 5-star restaurants have you actually been to?

Hell, I think it's almost too expensive when I go to Applebees...
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:06:03 PM
Ummm hello! His pics have nothing to do with women wearing skirts other than the fact that he asked me specifically by name if I thought his pics looked metro.

As for people using insulting humor to protect themselves...true in most cases, I DOUBT it in icmuds case...I think he can handle himself and take a few jabs without getting bent out of shape....

....SOOOOO, back to the skirts!
AllAmerican, I dated a girl who thought just like you....I even asked her to dress up for me...she looked hot in a dress! The only time she DID was when she realized I was heading out the door (figuratively)...it was too late though, I was out the door.
Her general attitude was too casual and tom boyish for me...if I'm spending a couple bills on dinner, you better dress up! I myself was in a nice shirt, tie, slacks and polished boots (black cowboy boots.).

I have yet to se a woman...any woman NOT look BETTER in a dress than they do in jeans! I think MOST guys will agree...the women who disagree tend to have an image or motivation issue....I think.

I'll challenge any woman on here to post their BEST picture of them wearing jeans/slacks and also their best EFFORT in a dress and let us vote!
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:15:54 PM

No guy dishes out any bills for dinner. I pay for my own. And if the guy I'm seeing is headed for the door because I don't wear a dress/ skirt...buy bye. I won't miss him.
I don't own a dress or skirt. Nor would I allow a pic to be taken of me in one. I DO NOT look good in a dress or skirt.

Yeah...okay...good luck with that dear!

I'm getting the picture from your attitude that perhaps you might be better suited to finding a lady friend to go to dinner with...perhaps one wearing Berkenstocks and a chain wallet.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:23:46 PM
Who said ANYTHING about being lesbian???? I'm simply suggesting going to dinner with someone as opposed to dressing feminine as you are. I'll BET if you did put on a dress most men and women here would say the dress looks better than the jeans....not necessarily GOOD, but better!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:30:56 PM

His pics have nothing to do with women wearing skirts other than the fact that he asked me specifically by name if I thought his pics looked metro.

Dear goddess, do I have to explain everything? I was referring to the first post by icmud as well as the subsequent posts.

Who said ANYTHING about being lesbian????

You didn't have to say it: it was implicit in what you said.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:59:33 PM
There are plenty of women who wear Birkenstocks and chain wallets who aren't lesbian! Let's see....Biker chicks, construction chicks, cleaning ladies, restaurant managers, renaissance festival chicks, band camp chicks, goth chicks, comic book chicks, skater chicks girls who can't get dates and yes...lesbians. Don't push your stereotypes on me though.

Oh, and it doesn't mean that ALL of those types of people WEAR them either.

SOOOOOOO....Back to the DRESSES! anyone want to take me up on the bet?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >