Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TravelingLight
Msg: 95
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?Page 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
i'm surprised an innocent topic like skirts could bring out this level of enmity.

you bet!

And for the record (ladies) I like dresses cause they're feminine, not because I want quickies from the ladeez
 Vannili
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?
Posted: 1/8/2010 6:17:08 AM

SOOOOO..... Back to the DRESSES! anyone want to take me up on the bet ?

Sure what's the stake ? I'll be glad to pose in black burqa the raving fashion in the Iran.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/8/2010 7:53:46 AM
There is NO CALL to attack profiles. It's crass and usually a rule of mine not to but the fuc*ing gloves are COMPLETELY off now. I agreed with that piece of sh*t and he had the nerve to spit in my face. The fact that he tried to use homosexuality as an insult shows he's not only an ignorant scumbag but a bigot as well. He's a COMPLETE SAD JOKE. The sad idiot is the same age as me but he looks like my grandfather. Making fun of other psople's pics when you don't own a razor and have a dirty wife beater on (which is probably appropriate) makes him look even more idiotic. It's obviously sour grapes because he looks like a complete piece of dog s*it and I don't. This is most likely my last post because I was already warned I wouldn't be allowed on POF if I fought again. It's just ironic that others can belittle me when I'm actually being friendly and they NEVER get suspended.

You are going to give your self a complex.

I like men in kilts

what if he's blowing on a bag pipe?

still sexy? yes? No? Maybe?.....................LOL!
 Vannili
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 8:14:58 AM
So, a woman wears a dress and that makes her a lady ?

NO, it is not a dress what makes a woman a lady it is what word comes out of her mouth that makas her a LADY.. Vannili
 MsMicki
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 8:30:34 AM
I have been a dress girl since I was a kid.
My family teased me endlessly about looking like Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies.
I'd wear a long maxi dress and mocassin boots!!
And I'd ride my bike, climb trees and play right along with all the boys.
And I still do the same these days!
Nothing better than a summer dress and sandles!
I even have a old denim jumper dress I mow in!
And I am very much still a tomboy!
You can find me in the summer time w/ my dress tied in a knot on the side walking down the creek w/ my dog!
Or using the skirt part of my dress to carry in veggies from the garden.

and......btw........I'm a pig too........cuz sometimes I wear a dress for the easy access
it allows my man to the goodies!!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/8/2010 9:14:01 AM

I just thank God my life doesn't have to do anything with some of the guys here lol

Snort.

what if he's blowing on a bag pipe?

still sexy? yes? No? Maybe?.....................LOL!

I love to see men in kilts and I love bagpipes--that's a winning combination.

I like to wear them. It's an access thing.

Consigliori, what do you wear under your kilt?

Let's see a man in a kilt and a woman in a dress . . . hmmm . . .
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/8/2010 4:51:38 PM

but you know, when those men got up to leave, they came over to our table and told me how lovely I looked in the dress.

Come to think of it, I have been stopped in public by men and women who have complimented me on my "outfit," and every time this happened, I was wearing a dress or skirt.

when a gay man says he likes your dress it means he would love to try it on

I have had transvestites approach me on dating sites because they wanted to talk about my clothes and shoes. One told me that when he was in drag, he wanted to look like me.

I took that as a compliment.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/8/2010 5:19:06 PM
~OT~ I love my little black dresses when the occasion calls for them. But I'm not likely to be wearing skirts or dresses for social occasions in which feminine sweaters/pants are acceptable. I've never been told I look more feminine in dresses than my preferred style (I guess it's all in the eye!) JMO
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 111
Posted: 1/8/2010 7:18:50 PM
I think men like to see women in dresses for the same reason I like to see men in suits, kilts or tuxes - because dressing up almost always looks better than dressing down*, and most people equate wearing dresses and suits with being dressed up.

*but may not be appropriate

I usually dress up as often as possible, but I wear tailored pants because I am more comfortable in them for work. I do enjoy wearing a dress for special occasions - and I am not bothered by a man asking me to wear a dress for him, as long as he doesn't make it an everyday thing, because I can't afford to go out and buy a new wardrobe of dresses and skirts (and the stockings and garter belts and such to go with them; I hate pantyhose). If he absolutely insisted on a dress every day, he'd have to buy them for me...and then to be fair, he'd better be willing to dress in the type of menswear that I like, as well. Compromise, cooperation and communication!
 Wibber500
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/9/2010 9:56:25 AM
'Cause they like legs?
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/9/2010 7:28:14 PM
Because ... Knowing him, he's obviously a gigolo with no job and wants someone to squat over the transmission fluid at WalMart so she can walk out with it clenched between her R. Crumb-style thighs (I got a lovely canned ham that way for Christmas)!! P.S. I'm an old bag. Can he blow on my pipe?
 sexygirlpink
Msg: 119
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:59:42 AM
Honestly I love to wear dresses or skirts it makes me feel more sexier, more confident more feminine. Men give us more looks, more attention and you generally you feel better. I also wear it because it give me a small sense of power in that it attract looks and thoughts from a guy and is it great for a quicky? The answer is oh yeah.
 platypus_man
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2010 9:01:52 AM
Men are visual way more than women are. If you have nice legs, it's going to get our attention. Studies have shown that when we see things we like, endorphins are released into the bloodstream, which make us feel even better about what we are looking at. Which explains why so many men like to look at hot women, even if we never even meet them.
 el lagarto
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/5/2010 3:29:53 PM
Maybe because besides being able to see legs , they feel more "manly" somehow when their date looks more "womanly" ? Combine that with heels - and it works well .

I rarely have occasion to wear skirts/dresses - but I know when I do, I tend to move differently - there are subtle changes that men seem to really enjoy .

I do know that amongst my pictures on here , I have one of me in a skirt - and when that's the main photo I get more responses - but the majority of those base their response purely on the photo , and don't bother to read much of what I wrote . And I get "nice legs" comments. Which is fine - but when that's all they have to say , that gets old real quick.

So I switched photos . Better results . Interesting - us humans .

So , it would seem the answer to your question is likely "yes" from the majority of guys.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 125
Posted: 2/5/2010 6:05:03 PM
I like women to dress differently than me.

The more feminine and non conformist a girl dresses, the more attracted I am to her.

If I wanted women who acted and looked like men, I'd just go gay. Well, not really, but you get my drift. ;)

-8sf8
 *buzz*
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2010 2:24:08 PM
Cannot speak for other women but wearing dress or skirt make me feel feminine.
... and legs can dance to the rythm freely
 marrecon1
Msg: 130
Posted: 2/6/2010 7:55:46 PM
I am a leg Man & always have been Then again, I don't mind seeing a shapely rear either...(was going to say dairy air) but forgot how to spell it Seriously Ladies, I am just a leg Man & do enjoy looking at shapely, silky legs.....don't mean any harm....
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 131
Posted: 2/8/2010 6:11:28 AM

Sexy legs or legs in general can lead to other things.... think about it hun.

that is why i like women who wear dresses, skirts, and shorts. they are so gorgeous.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2010 7:07:48 AM
I think I'm old enough to still associate dresses with femininity. I appreciate equality between the sexes, but that does not mean I don't also value and appreciate gender differences. So, I appreciate dresses on a woman, at least occasionally, and especially if we're going out dancing. As for dressing to be sexy and flirtatious, either a snug pair of jeans or a very short skirt are particularly nice, particularly if we're shooting pool!
 tommyboy56
Msg: 136
Posted: 2/10/2010 7:27:11 AM
My ex-gf from last summer never wore panties because she doesn't like panty lines showing. I always found that to be so HOT!
So, when we stayed at a hotel while attending a relative's wedding, she wore a skirt and I just couldn't stop myself. We had some awesome sex just prior to leaving for the event.
Didn't even wrinkle the skirt.
 KillingForCupcakes
Msg: 137
Posted: 2/10/2010 1:31:29 PM

I think all women look sexy in a dress no what size she is.

I disagree. As a fat chick I don't think I look nice in a dress any longer. I have quite a few dresses in my closet from about 50 lbs ago and I did wear dresses and skirts years ago because I thought I looked nice in them, which is the only reason I put on anything I wear..because it makes ME feel good about how I look. I just happen to be a little more realistic about how I look in anything. I'm not fluffy, or curvy or voluptuous...I'm a fat chick...and a dress on me doesn't show off womanly curves...it accents fat rolls, which is NOT cute, sexy or appealing. It makes me feel fatter and unattractive so I avoid wearing dresses at my current weight.

If I get to missing wearing dresses that much though I'll shed the lard parka and get back to it but femininity comes in all forms. If a man prefers that I wear a dress in order for him to be attracted to me, he's not the guy for me. It takes all kinds for the world to go 'round though. There are plenty of men who don't mind seeing me in jeans or slacks and still find me feminine and attractive. Could be the bodacious tatas or the thick curly hair...who knows but it works for me. Not all men are boob men, not all men are leg men.

OP: just take the compliment and enjoy it!
 HellsPrincess
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2010 3:05:57 PM
when i was single i wore what I wanted 2 wear not what guys thought id lok good in, im the same now im married, i wear what im in the mood 4 wearing, my hubby doesnt mind, he likes me in all my clothes, wether im wearing baggy jeans n t-shirt or my long skirt, strappy top n corset, hes gone as far as 2 tell me id look sexy in a bin liner lol
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 142
Posted: 2/13/2010 5:40:14 PM
OP: Most men, if not all love when a woman is dressed feminine. I love my jeans/sweats, but there's nothing like a classy/sexy dress with heals!
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 143
Posted: 2/14/2010 12:28:10 AM
- quicker/easier access
- Get to see nice smooth legs...and maybe some good cleav
- more associated with feminine, and men like feminine women
- I also think a lot of it has to do with the fact that women don't often wear dresses anymore, I mean its not like 100+ yrs ago where women mainly wore dresses. Nowadays you'll mainly see women in pants.

This is a reply to the tie and or suit comment...
Personally speaking Ties are umcomfortable as all hell, I also pretty much NEVER wear button down shirts (1 day a month at most, and its usually not a tuck in your pants shirt) except for Dress uniform occasions. Suits are hard to find for a guy with my dimensions, and not to mention way to expensive to be getting one every 6months to a year when I can't fit in it anymore (from training and gaining weight/muscle). But I love to wear polos. AND...I couldn't do my job in a suit, hence why I get a uniform.

I know women are going to counter with well heels are uncomfortable too, well don't wear them...wear flats if you want doesn't bother me, in fact it always makes me laugh when women complain about their feet killing from their "sexy heels" lol. Next comeback will be a well we have to shave our legs when we wear skirts/dresses...I don't know to many women who don't already shave their legs even without wearing dresses/skirts.

when guys say wear a dress we don't necessarily mean fancy dress with tons of make up and etc...i'm talking like a sun/summer dress hair down, nothing big.
 JRob33
Msg: 145
Posted: 2/14/2010 6:59:48 AM
OK to sum up:

MEN like dresses BECAUSE:

1: They look feminine

2: They are "leg men" (I'm sooooo included in that group)

3: Easy access

4: And this one is more my own, I think it makes a man FEEL like a woman put out a little effort to get dresssed up (even though it's probabaly easier to just slip on a dress.)

5: Let us not forget..MOST TIMES..those dresses come along with high heels!

6: Onefishwilldo is a bitter man hater

7: ICMD is a D-bag, and basically embodies everyhting onefishwilldo hates about men.

8: chicks dig men in Kilts.

Did I miss anything?

NOW all you ladies who love wearing dresses ...THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >