Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 146
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?Page 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I only wear flip flops in public showers, around the house as slippers or pool/beach.

If the date were on a beach i'd be cool with flip flops...or if it was summer and we've been going out a while. Other then that no...I usually wear either black dress shoes, brown leather casual shoes, or white kswiss type shoes.

and I own an iron lol...or just throw it in the dryer on the de-wrinkle setting hehe.
 LG2727
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?
Posted: 2/17/2010 6:42:10 PM
What I'd like to know is why this is so hard for some women to figure out? Your a woman, dresses make you look more feminine, much more then pants could ever do. And isnt that why men like us? because we are female? So, why not enhance that fact once in awhile?
 patrikk2
Msg: 154
Posted: 3/15/2010 11:02:03 PM
A lady is posting here to meet a man, right? Wearing a dress/skirt connotes feminity which is in the best interests of both a man and the lady herself. simple as that. Next?
 SJBoxing408
Msg: 155
Posted: 3/21/2010 12:31:13 AM
cuz its Spring!
 liam6369
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2010 8:31:45 AM
I for the most part like to see women wearing dresses/skirts most of the time. They just look very femenine
 venndiagram
Msg: 157
Posted: 3/21/2010 8:59:21 AM
I couldnt make it all the way through the responses here so forgive me if I'm repeating.

Because he sees you bent over the hood of his car!
 Fifi47
Msg: 158
Posted: 3/21/2010 9:10:27 AM
I am a large woman with muscular legs and I wear skirts that are knee length or longer. Wearing short skirts kind of makes my body look like a marshmallow, and skirts and sweater sets or skirts and cute tops look better on me than dresses, unless the dress fits well and has a matching sweater or jacket, etc. I have never heard anything except compliments from men when I wear dresses or skirts. I wear pants to work most of the time in colder months, but enjoy wearing skirts and tops in the warmer months.
 LOSTIN60S49
Msg: 159
Posted: 3/21/2010 9:25:46 AM
I'm a leg man & breast size is pretty much incedental with me.Also,where I live,a nice pair a jeans are a dime a dozen so a dress or a skirt is a pleasant surprise.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2010 11:18:02 AM
I've regularly worked 7 days a week since the 1990s and almost every one of my "dates" has occurred immediately after work, so I nearly always show up for them in a suit and tie. (And note that I live in Florida, to the South Florida woman.) This thread would suggest that should greatly please women, but I've had more bad reactions than good reactions, because quite often the woman I'm meeting wasn't planning on taking the meeting "seriously" in the sense that it's formal meeting and shows up in jeans and a T-shirt and then feels under-dressed, and often women prefer to be the best-dressed member of the couple, I've learned, yet that rarely happens with me involved. Do note that I almost always meet at a fine or at least more upscale casual restaurant -- it's not like we agreed to meet at a ballpark or the zoo or even a coffee house or bar or something like that.

For that reason, I started warning my dates in advance of what I would be wearing so they could dress appropriately in their own minds. A couple times that led to something of an argument, because the woman didn't want to dress up nor did she want to be the least best-dressed of the pair, so I had to agree to remove the jacket and tie at the very least (I work so much, I literally only have a couple pair of jeans anyway and couldn't tell you the last time I wore either of them). I suspect this says something more about the type of women who are interested in dating me than anything about my own preferences.

But as for my own preferences, I do usually find that women look more attractive in skirts/dresses, probably mostly because of the extra exposure of skin vs. pants (I actually don't think jeans are attractive on women at all but I do like dressy slacks). All three of the women I had long term relationships with frequently liked to wear skirts & dresses before I met them so that worked out fine, but is it a self-fulfilling prophecy? Maybe I seemed less enthusiastic about the women I dated that were wearing jeans when I first met them and that led to the short term status of those situations. But you should probably just be yourself on date #1 -- if you hate wearing skirts/dresses, don't wear one, because, strangely enough, it could lead to problems down the road.
 cdukshnow
Msg: 161
Posted: 3/25/2010 5:48:04 AM
I can't fully agree with this based on the disgusting acts I have seen many women engage in.
Sex is disgusting to you, we get it...GET SOME COUNSELLING!!!
Oh yea, I'm sure you're not a pig at all...disgusting!

Thom
 abelian
Msg: 162
Posted: 3/25/2010 7:10:55 AM
Skirts and dresses look more feminine. Jeans and a top can look good and are great in the right setting (especially if you're climbing up a ladder where a dress or skirt could be a problem.) Women are lucky to have so many options, especially with respect to dress clothes. You should take advantage of it.
 gingernuts
Msg: 163
Posted: 3/25/2010 10:50:45 PM
For me personally a lady shoudl wear what ever she feels comfortable in .. Anything or nutin lol...

However if she asks me course love a lady in a dress or skirt as look her best.. As a proud guy seing with her..
Even ladies in lingerie and G strings sorry male moment fantastic
but lwys promite a lady feel dressing sexy indeed
 Hiloniceguy
Msg: 164
Posted: 3/26/2010 5:26:20 AM
I like for whomever I date to wear whatever she feels most comfortable in. However if she were to wear something that's noticeably better than what she usually wears to try to make a good impression I'll definitely appreciate it. Not in the quality of the clothing, but in the gesture and sentiment it conveys.
 *topchef*
Msg: 166
Posted: 5/8/2010 8:01:36 AM
Time and place for everything. What I wear depends on what I am doing, the mood I am in and what I want to project. That could be jeans, a dress, shorts or whatever. I may even put on a nice c0cktial dress after preparing a great dinner for 2, but if we are going to end our evening with a walk through the park under the stars, that is not going to happen in a hot number and heels. Expecting anyone to conform to a particular standard for all occasions is unreasonable.

And about the kilts....there is something very sexy about men in kilts....
http://www.silverjames.com/wp-content/uploads/kilts.jpg
I havent quite put my finger on it yet.....but I will keep trying!!

For the most part, give me a man in some nicely fitted, faded jeans and a quality black or white v-neck t-shirt. Not for every occasion of course, but that is the man in the crowd that will catch my eye. Understated, confident and a cowboy at heart.
 schleprock
Msg: 168
Posted: 5/12/2010 3:19:47 PM
I love women in dresses. I don't think there is anything wrong with being femine.
 schleprock
Msg: 169
Posted: 5/12/2010 3:25:01 PM
Good for you. There is nothing wrong with looking femine. Your right about men and dresses. I compliment women when they wear dresses. To me it says "I'm a woman, and I don't want to be a man, I'm happy being a woman." There is nothing wrong with being a woman.
 MsMicki
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2010 7:21:12 PM
I wear dresses and skirts all the time. It's just "who" I am.
The guy I am currently seeing loves that I can be "girly".......when he knows I spend most my day covered in paint or glue in my art room.
Funny thing..... this past Saturday....I showed up at the club in a pair of old faded jeans and a tank top....and he couldn't keep his hands off me!! And he made repeated comments about how great I looked in jeans.
So..........I guess I'll have to start throwing on some jeans now and then to keep things spiced up!!
 isnuttinfree
Msg: 172
Posted: 5/13/2010 2:32:28 AM
Markedly feminine.
 abelian
Msg: 173
Posted: 5/13/2010 4:56:10 AM

but those who do care are probably thinking about easy access.

There is that.
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 174
Posted: 5/13/2010 8:49:25 AM
When the weather is nice im always wearing dresses and skirts. Im not so much a girlie girl but I feel more feminine when I do. Im not into the make-up / hair do / fake tan / fake nails thing. I like to dress pretty to add to my feel good happiness though. I do it for me.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 175
Posted: 5/14/2010 11:53:36 AM
It makes for easy access (lol). That is unless their wearing one of those terrible old devices known as the chastity belt
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2010 12:18:31 AM
My arm isn't long enough to go up a pants leg, even if I lay down in the floor board....Ive tried, but the hump kills my back and I run off the road alot.
 sovereignrebel
Msg: 179
Posted: 5/21/2010 12:46:07 PM
I absolutely women in skirts/dresses with nylons and high-heels. It looks feminine, sophisticated and terribly attractive! I have seen girls, very ordinary looking ones without much natural beauty, who suddenly looked so much better in a dress and I then found myself attracted to them. I'm also just a legs guy to begin with. I couldn't care less about cleavage, I just like a cute face and nice skinny legs, yeah!!
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 180
Posted: 6/7/2010 7:25:03 AM
i understand that alot of women like the ease and comfort of wearing slacks/jeans instead of a dress/skirt with heels.

i think that if us guys complimented women letting them know how beautiful that they looked when they are wearing a dress or nice skirt with heels then women might be decide to wear them more often.

isnuttinfree
Msg: 181
Posted: 6/7/2010 5:28:35 PM
Heels aren't the only option with skirts you know. Plenty of chicks wear flats (eg ballet shoes) that might not accentuate the legs as conspicuously but their femininity and a nice pair of pins (if you should be so lucky) are still on show.
Chunky shoes also once had their niche with skirts but guess you gotta appreciate a bit of tomboyish grunge in your girls.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >