Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweetlikesugarcane
Msg: 182
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Consigliori,

I am sure you didn't mean that about women over 30. I am sure that you still look good in jeans. Lots of women do in their 30s, 40s and beyond.....
 *Imperfection*
Msg: 183
Why do men like women to wear dresses/skirts?
Posted: 6/7/2010 10:19:01 PM
2 reasons:

1. easy access
2. heels

men are simple creatures; and we love that.
 sweetlikesugarcane
Msg: 186
Posted: 6/8/2010 5:43:17 PM
Why would a man prefer black legs to white legs????????
 isnuttinfree
Msg: 189
Posted: 6/8/2010 7:14:22 PM
I have never quite understood the obsession with black tights/stockings.

It's clear that your tastes don't extend to sexy sheer black stockings.
Black is slimming.
Black is elegant and timeless.
Black, like white is a companion to all colours. White can make your legs look like tree stumps and dirty easily.
If you get a hole in your hose, no fear!, just convert to wearing it with a funky outfit. Coz black is cool, no?
Black is sexy! (as stated above). Perhaps black fishnets are more to your liking? As "white" legs are visible between the netting lol. They're cool too with the right clothing.
Sheer black contrasts against a lighter skin tone for added effect.
Silky black sheers have a luxurious appearance.
If fashion was only to suit men's tastes, more women would get around in, I dunno, skirts and dresses! Yet ironically, it's precisely for this garment (hose) that you see more, not less, skirt wearing women, it also helps guard against the chill factor and gives women the comfort to wearer shorter skirts (thicker hose).
So it's not necessarily for the opposite sex but to look and feel good in general.

Black's a classic.. kinda like your comment:

Why would a man prefer black legs to white legs ?

Yeah I know, it's f*cked when you can't edit after the 15 min time limit.
ROFLMAO.
 eattoplease
Msg: 192
Posted: 6/11/2010 6:11:54 PM
I cant believe people cant find anything other to talk about cept a woman wearing a dress....lol...very lame...and as for dress as such....never mattered to me what a woman wears as long as its clean...woman who have nice legs would be complimented....the same for pants that show their but and waist....these days tho....find most woman wearing pants...trend I geuss....then the little girls who wear mid-driff blouses that are very unflattering...as in muffin top...figure that one out!
 *buzz*
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2010 1:39:43 PM
Why they wouldn't?
Feminity and flair that comes with wearing dresses and skirts is enticing enough to slow their pace and even more if gentle breeze is in the air
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 195
Posted: 6/18/2010 2:05:33 PM
Fluffy, if you really do love men being simple creatures you must be a rare breed. Good for you! It's to bad your comment is not entirely true. If that was an accurate statement, most women would not expect a man to be relationship friendly before having sex. That's just one of many reasons, that makes me disagree with you.
 Harley17701
Msg: 197
Posted: 6/21/2010 12:35:52 AM
to all your responses from the ladies that men are pigs .... just because of this such reasoning.... i got to say this is the difference between those that are married and those that have been on a dating site complaining about men all these years ..... because the married ones actually tried to please someone else . instead of doing all the time of what pleases them and the hell with the rest of the world.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2010 8:18:22 AM
Because the blood runs to my head trying to look up a pair of jeans, and a good stiff breeze gets wasted.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 200
Posted: 7/6/2010 8:32:16 AM
I tend to look at women in dresses because of what they hide, more than because I like dresses. A dress can be more
flattering of a woman's shape than a pair of jeans or shorts. The right dress can play to her strengths, without giving
away her weaknesses. I don't dislike dresses, but prefer a woman who looks good in more revealing attire, too.

If men are checking you out more in a dress than in other clothing, then you should probably be wearing dresses
more often. Other clothing isn't as flattering on you.

Darker skin shows of definition more strongly... Which is sexy.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 201
Posted: 7/6/2010 3:27:32 PM
I think it's funny that women ask questions then refuse to hear the answers because they think they already know...
This thread is a prime example: Most guys that are being serious say it's because women look more feminine in dresses...but the women keep focusing on easy access.
Easy access is definitely a plus but it's not what makes us take notice....If that were the case all guys would be voting for gym shorts and tube tops...besides some dresses , especially when pantyhose and slips etc. are involved are downright impossible to get into....lol

A lot of women also claim that dresses provide a sneak peek ie. wind blowing etc. Personally I've seen the goods far more often when they're wearing shorts and tees than from dresses.

The fact is a woman who is plain looking can "feminine-up" and get a lot of attention where she wouldn't otherwise...men like feminine women because it' make them feel more masculine I think.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2010 7:51:23 PM
I like women to wear dresses, because when they want to wear the pants....the pants are usually mine.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2010 9:30:14 PM

Excuse me..this piece of wood chip yours? I think it fell off your shoulder.
 pandusvenator
Msg: 204
Posted: 7/7/2010 6:56:25 PM
I most definately do like to see a woman in dresses and skirts. I also think it's not very feasible to do this all the time.
 Matt_L_91
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2010 9:49:48 AM
I like the femininity of a skirt/dress, and smooth legs turn me on. However, really short skirts or dresses as every day clothing turn me off since it cross the line from femininity to just plain slutty.
 JerseyWriter73
Msg: 206
Posted: 7/8/2010 12:59:22 PM
Anything that highlights and accents a person's natural figure is more appealing.

Men have boxy, square frames which is why it is often said how much better a man looks in a good suit. It presents him in his masculine form.

The same goes for women. Dresses and skirts offer the appeal of a woman's curves. Jeans, no matter how flattering, do not bring out that unique feminine flavor. Skirts and dresses are made for a woman's silhouette.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2010 12:39:01 AM
Because it is easier for them to get to where they want to go even thought they don't have a clue or know how to get the women turned on.

Some guys just like that "look".
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 208
Posted: 7/9/2010 5:48:38 AM
Wow....bitter?
IMHO if all you ever attract is guys who are after one thing....then that must be all you have to offer.....and apparently the ones who know what they're doing have enough experience to know who to stay away from...
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2010 3:48:07 AM
Because they can reach under your garments easier. I wish they could find the right places to stimulate in the right ways. I don't wear skirts or easy to get to gear on the first meeting or date. Some guys just like that look.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2010 10:59:46 PM
^^^^Well..tell us how it's done Cat*eyes, I've tried an eggbeater already............................
 OutMind
Msg: 212
Posted: 7/19/2010 6:30:34 AM

Because they can reach under your garments easier.

And women don't like this? Last I checked, they did.
 sovereignrebel
Msg: 213
Posted: 7/19/2010 1:29:10 PM
One of my biggest complaints about women is how so few of them wear a dress/skirt these days. Then you see women wearing flip-fops with a dress. That's like a guy wearing a suit with tennis shoes. Learn how to dress people!!
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 214
Posted: 7/19/2010 4:58:56 PM
I hate flip-flops almost as much as I hate Crocs!
 Annie was here
Msg: 215
Posted: 7/19/2010 5:57:31 PM
Not everyone can be dressed to the nines 24 hours a day 7 days a week.Some people are casual dressers and don't enjoy getting dressed up at all.If a man,or a woman,wants a partner who likes getting dressed up,then date people who like that rather then trying to change the jeans and sneakers type of person into the heals and dress/suit and tie type of person.

That being said I would never wear flip flops with a dress.I wear whatever my mood,and sometimes the situation, dictates.If I feel like getting dressed up I will.If I feel like going casual I will.If someone does not like that they don't have to be around me.
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 216
Posted: 7/19/2010 9:59:02 PM
as the man al pacino would most famously say;
cos she's got a great ass!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >