Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ron429
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why (I think) it hasn't worked for me.Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
It hasn't worked for me either. Most of the women on this site are gameplayers and morons. They do not know what they want in a man, or even if they want to meet one. Many view it as an ego trip so they can tell their girlfriends what a pack of jerks and ***holes messaged them and how they got such kicks out of rejecting them. Women are like that. Moreover most have very low self esteem in that they reject or don't want anything to do with a man that has brains, feelings, and self confidence. It robs them of their little piles of insecurity and arrogance and they are uncomfortable with that. Moreover they have difficulty relating with men in general, that's why they never respond even when they receive a sincere message. They can't sift out the difference between phony and real, and maybe that's their real problem. They tend to group men into stereotypes that have been conditioned by all their negative experience with any male, and it's projected on the multiple male fools that think they are going to meet somebody via POF on-line. It's not reality. No, you are not a jerk. You are experiencing what all of us decent, honest, good guys have with on-line "dating",
 curlygrl
Msg: 5
Why (I think) it hasn't worked for me.
Posted: 1/15/2010 4:56:02 AM
It hasn't worked for many of us.

There are more of us that it hasn't worked for than there are that it has.

It tells us a few things about ourselves and the others.

I'm here for the forums and have been for a very long time.

My profile gives the impression that I am either an incredible nut job or a deep thinker. Regardless, I am me.

Just live. Have fun. Make friends. Read here and learn. Take what you learn and apply it to the outside world.

If anyhing, this site has opened my eyes to behaviors, character and Integrity of the human race. Be it good and bad.
 rex509
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/23/2010 5:55:54 PM
I get the feeling that all the women just sit back and pass judgement on the men who waste a lot of time writing to them
and getting nowhere. What ever happened to the idea of women's equality?
Why don't they do the picking and save us all a lot of aggravation?
My impression is that the woman are much more conscious of looks than most men are but they all claim
it's the other way around. I really don't care if a woman is not very attractive or if she's overweight but
they all expect men to be gorgeous at any age.
I'm 60, single, have a great job and a nice bank account and can't get women my own age to give me the time of day.
I would think women over 50 would have some idea of what they are looking for but so far
none of them seem to be interested in any man that they might realistically be able to meet here.
I really, really, really do not understand what they want.
I may yet be forced to marry a 20 year old gold digger who at least is smart enough to show some interest in me.
 happygal_28
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2010 7:46:46 PM
It's sad to see all the bitterness in this thread, but having been there too I can understand it completely. What OP started as a valid observation suddenly swerved into a gender bashing session by other posters. Posts on the forums follow you - anyone can see everything you've expressed and if they are interested in you enough to check out your forum posts, you dont want that to come back and bite you in the butt...

Generalizing women (or men) into negative categories in the forums will bite you. You could have a decent pic and profile but after reading judgemental forum posts, my interest is GONE. And I dont mean differing opinions- those are fun. But closed minded is not.

And I think stylized pics can be fun...it's all about catching someone's eye and having fun getting creative in photoshop. As long as you are only changing filters, you are not changing your appearance at all. Works for me :)
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >