Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can women smell another woman on you????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Arabianangel
Msg: 26
Can women smell another woman on you????Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

The only thing I can think of is that there is some kind of pheremone or something when women can tell that a man has been with another woman and it kicks in making them want to steal him from her.

It's simpler than that. When a man is sexually/emotionally satisfied his eyes don't wonder, women pick up on that..you become a challenge...to most women it's a turn on...simple really.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 27
Can women smell another woman on you????
Posted: 1/13/2010 7:12:56 AM
I think I'll just pee on the next man I date. That'll keep other women away from him.
 WasabiGal
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/13/2010 7:25:57 AM

I hooked up with a stunning beauty for a one night stand, something I hadn't done since I was a kid...
And by the end of the week I had been propositioned by about five different women!

are you saying that you didn't shower for the entire week? is this customary?

this might have something to do with the years spent dateless
 MsMicki
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 7:28:20 AM
Women can smell confindence on a man!

When you are getting female attention......you're confidence rises.
Women are drawn to a confident man.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 10:24:31 AM
I don't think that women can tell. But women read volumes into your attitude and general body language.

Your attitude changes when you're dating someone, and they pick up on that. You see women equally attractive to the women you are currently dating as being someone you could get to date you, women less attractive as being easy to pick up, and women more attractive than your girlfriend as being difficult to get a date with. Women react to that.

What's amazing, is that even if a guy was dating a stunner, that if she dumps him, then only a day later, he changes his views very quickly.

But if he dumped her, then he still believes that stunners want him, but he doesn't want all stunners, and that's how he acts. Then other stunners still want him, because he acts like they want him, and they just react to his body language and general attitude.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/13/2010 8:58:36 PM

I think it's about time all you women just stopped pi2sing all over all us guys all the time. It's getting kinda gross and the cleaning bills are astronomical!

aawwww cmon DBB, some men will pay good money for that! Besides if you'd just start wearing your latex or rubber we could just take out back to the garden hose.

Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/14/2010 7:13:31 AM
There is a complex system of Sisterhood that men think might exists, but only we women knows for sure that it exists.

Over millennia, this secret society has perfected arcane rites that allow us to know everything that men do. We peer into the darkness, seeking out what is hidden. We delve into the secret places in the minds of men. We walk by you in Wal Mart and we KNOW.

However, because in modern times there are so many women and there is so much more distance between us than there were in places such as Sumer and Egypt, sometimes, our wires get crossed. The message gets out that Myrna has sex with George, and so other women think: Wow! If Myrna had sex with George, he must be good. Then they want sex with George.

But then an amended message gets around, "Myrna had sex with George, but she didn't say it was good sex. That's why it was a one night stand." So, poor George doesn't get another date for two years.

It isn't smell: it is mental telepathy. Now, you know.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/14/2010 8:02:38 AM
^^^That's it Gwen. You've really done it. You're sure to lose your woman card telling our secrets like this...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/14/2010 12:22:29 PM

Why the need to tell her in writing?

How else would the men know she's stepped out of line? Maybe it's to let them know how important the information is. Maybe it's to make them THINK it's important information so they blindly follow it. I'm afraid I can't tell you more than that.

they sense when you are desperate and when you are relaxed. Guess which is more attractive ?

Exactly!
 CheezyChick
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/14/2010 5:18:51 PM
Yes...unless we 'see' her on you...in which case, we lose all other senses, including common....;)

I'm not sure it's about "stealing him from her"....it is definately about the confidence thing....There's just something about a man in love turns us women-folk on....
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/14/2010 5:47:14 PM

There's just something about a man in love turns us women-folk on....

That's kind of messed up. If it's not ME he's in love with, I don't see how that's of any benefit to me.
 *buzz*
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2010 1:12:03 PM
I don't think so that smell has anything to do with another woman in equation.

Anything can be concealed but his pace, the way he walks and the way his hips move that gives away "hanky-panky" on horizon.
 Cedarwinds
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/16/2010 3:37:30 PM
Can women detect or smell when you have been with another woman?...Yes. And it doesn't have to be your wife or girlfriend who can detect this.

Seems to me that when I am dating or have an intimat relationship with a woman I get FLOODED with attention from other women...Yes. And for this reason you never tell a woman you're NOT seeing anyone. She asks are you seeing anyone, you say I'm dating. "Dating" is not a commitment.

Once upon a time this was a problem becuase I was always 100 percent faithful (and th women never were). ...The first 4 to 6 months , of dating you don't need to be faithful to anyone. There is a transition period, and thats usually 4 to 6 months. Of course if you're the type of person who can't attract another if your life depended on it, then you're probably going to come off as clingy and needy within this 4 to 6 month period, and the other people she is dating will look much better.

And of course , as soon as the relationship was over, so were the offers from other women!....This is also why you never tell "other" women, you're not dating anyone, regardless if you are or are not. And you never tell a woman, "Women don't want to be with me".

I had forgotten about this until October when I hooked up with a stunning beauty for a one night stand, something I hadn't done since I was a kid.......ha, "since I was a kid", ya right. You see that mistake right there. You just let a whole bunch of women know that other women are not usually attracted to you, even if it is for a one night stand.
Attraction is counter intuitive. A man may think if he is nice and comes off like a saint he will get women attracted to him. This is so wrong. He doesn't. Why? Because attraction is counter intuitive, so "Nice" is a turn off. "Saintly" is a turn off.

And by the end of the week I had been propositioned by about five different women! ...Good.

Mind you there were times when I went up to TWO YEARS between dates.....NO! Shut up. You don't want to advertise this to women. You're saying, "I'm a wussy, women are not attracted to me".

The only thing I can think of is that there is some kind of pheremone or something when women can tell that a man has been with another woman and it kicks in making them want to steal him from her....The pheromones have a lot to do with it, but there is also the mans confidence projection. Women are drawn to confidence. You act, walk , talk with confidence, you get more attention from women. And more importantly, you get the attention from women you're attracted to.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/16/2010 11:00:55 PM

However, because in modern times there are so many women and there is so much more distance between us than there were in places such as Sumer and Egypt, sometimes, our wires get crossed. The message gets out that Myrna has sex with George, and so other women think: Wow! If Myrna had sex with George, he must be good. Then they want sex with George.

But then an amended message gets around, "Myrna had sex with George, but she didn't say it was good sex. That's why it was a one night stand." So, poor George doesn't get another date for two years.

It isn't smell: it is mental telepathy. Now, you know.

Hey Gwen stop giving out our secrets!
 Thunderstruck29
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 9:38:11 PM
SOmething else to consider too...
Back in the nineties I watched a LOT of those cheesy half hour long dating shows.

The only thing I learned is how competitive women can be for a real PEICE OF CRAP male....

One in particular would start out with a guy and a girl on a blind date...
What was so funny was that often the guys were total jerks and losers and the women were not interested at all....

UNTIL the slutty women showed up and started flirting...

Next thing you know the first girl decides this dude is the greatest thing since money on a stick and before you know it you got this total retard with four women trying to outslut each other for his attention....

And this was usually the kind of guy that would not have gotten ANY attention at all had he been on a blind date with just one chick.
Its got to be some sort of leftover caveman crap.....I still say pheremones.
 Thunderstruck29
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 9:39:58 PM
Come to think of it, last time I saw any "Reality" tv, it had not changed any.
You have like a half a dozen shows on VHI where that network is trying to hook up second rate celebrities with skanks and hos....

And the skanks and hos are ultra competitve on these guys who they wouldnt' give the time of day to if the dude had not been a rock star or rapper at some point in their failed and over careers.
 just4- 4ums
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/21/2010 1:40:04 AM
I don't know if a women can smell another women on me but I can still smell something fishy somewhere. I think it's on my mustach.
 heyguy31
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/21/2010 8:12:06 AM
yup they can women are like blood hounds. they can smell out an infedelity i.e perfume body glitter and the good old fashion smell of sex!
 pathwalker49
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2010 1:05:55 PM
I am assuming that "smell" is used by you as metiphoricle? But unmetiphorically unless you hit the shower after being with another woman a lot of body odors are tranferred during contact depending on the amount of contact from purfumes to body fluids. Outside of that women seem to have a sense that they know if you have been fooling around. It seems they notice slight differences in you whether you are aware of them or not.
Yup, I think every guy has noticed women being attracted to a man who is in a relationship of some sort. Reasons vary from wanting what the other woman has to the old competative spirt. More than once I have found a sister, or girlfriend, of a girlfriend showing attraction even if she'd shown none at all before I started dating her.
If I ever learned anything I learned not to try to figure out women..
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2010 10:09:27 AM

ladies... you dont have some mystical sixth sense.. you absolutely do not know when your partner has been unfaithful by some kinetic energy or intuition
Of course YOU do have this mystical sixth sense to be able to sooth out that we all don't have it .. Cool!

you may pick up on their body language and other things they may give them away, but not with a scorcerer's spell

Really.. then how can YOU say this.
However, I have noticed the "beaming rays of light" that must be coming from me after a night of ransacking pleasure... making my trip home the next morning or whatever, there seems to be some coy, sly grins coming my way... almost like they know the cat swallowed the canary.
So.. women can't suss out intuitively when a man has cheated, but we can suss out when you've been tom catting the night before when we don't even know you.. I see O_o

and by the way... depending on the man and his confidence
apposed to c0ckiness, of course. Most of us DO intuitively know the difference..
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/24/2010 4:51:57 PM
It's not the smell.
It's that confident "got some" sparkle in your eye.
women instinctively are drawn to that.
If some other woman thought you OK, you're worth a glance at least.
 Applette
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2010 5:00:09 PM
It is called a lack of desperation! Woman don't want to hook up with a man, and I am sure it applies to woman as well, that come across as needy. Maybe you just give off a more relaxed image and therefore more appealing.

And no ... most women don't want to smell B O .... if a woman's scent is still on you, man you need to bath!!!!
 gentleplus
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2011 4:44:32 PM
Get into the hot tub at the spa.... the chlorine will rinse away your troubles.... LOL
 Daisyrose73
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/5/2011 7:57:29 PM
My guess is because you are feeling more confident about yourself and therefore more attractive to women in general.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/7/2011 10:28:11 AM
^^^^^ That's what I initially thought....turns out women are quite turned on by the ACTUAL smell of another woman on you!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can women smell another woman on you????