Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > China      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 xiaomoyjj
Msg: 12
view profile
History
ChinaPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
it depends on what kind of scenes u like. If you want to see the history, you must go to Shanxi, henan province. A lot of histroic places to visit,
If you like the modern life, you can go to shanghai, shenzhen and hongkong.
If you like mountains or natural scenery, u can go to taishan in shandong province, and tibet, a very very beautiful and mysterious place.

Of course, beijing the capitcal is a must. Hutong, summer place, tiananmen square,etc.
Also a lot of wonderful you have to taste.
I like Huoguo most.
 brieses360
Msg: 13
China
Posted: 3/19/2010 2:44:50 PM

So many midgets over there, anyone over 6' is a mountain

I have to say that is horribly untrue. I traveled through the country for three and some weeks prior to the Dragonboat races. I'm 5'1, and I still got a little lost in the mix. Met a number of very tall chinese gentlemen.

I nearly forgot, there's suposed to be a lovely forest in the south east that's suposed to be worth a visit. I don't recall hearing it being called a tourism spot, so it might be a nice place to get away from the crowds.
 mibra
Msg: 14
China
Posted: 3/19/2010 5:38:22 PM

I nearly forgot, there's suposed to be a lovely forest in the south east that's suposed to be worth a visit. I don't recall hearing it being called a tourism spot, so it might be a nice place to get away from the crowds.

I think that's HUANG SHAN and the area... It is beautiful! Or WU YI SHAN...
 Kekun
Msg: 15
China
Posted: 3/19/2010 6:54:26 PM
Huang Shan is pretty, but still crowded, and definitely a tourist spot. Probably the most popular one with Yangshuo and Badaling. I saw maybe 10 000 hikers in one day there I would say. Maybe more, hard to figure out, but definitely crowds, especially for a North American. Ok it was the mid Fall Lunar Festival, but still. I saw maybe 400 people in Helan Shan in Inner Mongolia, a desert with a few petroglyphs lol now that's what I would called away from the crowds in China. THe place I saw the less people was Maiji Shan, which is not well known and interesting. Only saw a few people there, maybe 200? Very cold and rainy day, it probably helped lol

But let not that discourage you from discovering such an amazing people. Just avoid the weekends and the holidays as much as possible.
 brieses360
Msg: 16
China
Posted: 3/19/2010 9:04:43 PM
Nope- I'm talking about the Stone forest in Kunming. Had to wait to ask my friend who used to live in the country where it was again.

It's not suposed to be very western touristy. Suposidly alot of local tourism though
 Kekun
Msg: 17
China
Posted: 3/19/2010 9:29:46 PM
Ah you're talking about Shi Lin, which indeed is close to Kunming, the capital of Yunnan province. This area however is called the Southwest, even despite the fact that Tibet make it seems appears more like in the south and centre of China.
 brieses360
Msg: 18
China
Posted: 3/19/2010 9:42:59 PM
Yeah, knew it was south somewhere, couldnt exactly pinpoint it this morning. :) It's suposed to be an amazing sight off the beaten path regardless.

Seven winds Monestary is suposed to be good too, but it's up within the northern regions.
 roland187
Msg: 19
China
Posted: 4/10/2010 12:39:54 PM
I will definitely try and make it that far pinky!

As an aside, has anyone heard of couchsurfing? Its something I came across and it might be a handy way to get around Oz on a shoestring budget. Couchsurfing is basically staying in someone's house for a night or few nights for a nominal price. Cheaper than hotels and hostels and it seems that most people who sign up are seasoned travellers themselves and are happy to have foreign people come and stay with them for a day or two.

I'd love to try it, but wouldn't mind hearing if any fish out there have stories or experience in it.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > China