Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 332
astrology and potential matePage 10 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

Have I won the lotteries. Well, if U could read my Saturn stuff, U should be able 2 see, that me having an eXcess of anything, is highly unlikely, & that includes $$$.

Saturn means depth. . .not deprivation.

Frivolity and excess aren't Saturn stuff.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 333
astrology and potential mate
Posted: 4/9/2015 6:15:28 AM

I would not read them when Mercury is Retrograde, or going, what appears, backward. Communication is skewed, during that time.

There are publishing houses that won't acquisition anything, sign anything, really DO anything new, during this period.
 Coma_White
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2015 11:46:53 AM

There are publishing houses that won't acquisition anything, sign anything, really DO anything new, during this period.

Which ones?
 justdeb1111
Msg: 335
Posted: 4/9/2015 12:47:00 PM

Which ones?

probably Llewellyn--they publish similar stuff on occult, astrology, tarot, etc.

I don't think it's that unusual, actually--much like some religions not doing anything on holy days. If the owner of the publishing company says take the day off, employees are going to say heck ya, even if they aren't of the same mind or faith.

I'll probably get a massive ban for saying this, but not that much difference between what mainstream says is "superstition" and what is defined as "religion".

Had the prevailing religion of the day not been to observe holidays by not doing anything, Leonidas would never have died at Thermopylae. Athens would not send reinforcements (or even support the Spartan king with adequate numbers of troops) because there were religious observances (including the Olympics) going on--hence the death of Leonidas and his loyals under Persian arrows (and a traitor).
....and Athens fell.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2015 4:26:46 PM
geezo

what a lovely gift pack.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 337
Posted: 4/9/2015 4:44:31 PM

I'll probably get a massive ban for saying this, but not that much difference between what mainstream says is "superstition" and what is defined as "religion".

I would say there's zero difference, myself.
 geezOmystars
Msg: 338
Posted: 4/12/2015 12:40:52 PM
;) thank-U letitialegrande I agree
I'm more thank full, she took the lessons 2 heart!
lol
She had the college education. She called me her mentor. I am honoured !
 Maleman999
Msg: 339
Posted: 4/12/2015 1:52:14 PM
Astrology and religion are not really similar in their basis. Religion is based on a novel (author unknown), whereas there is no similar book in astrology. Their book is the alignment of the stars and planets and any other thing floating around someone deems important.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 340
Posted: 4/12/2015 9:44:02 PM

Astrology and religion are not really similar in their basis. Religion is based on a novel (author unknown), whereas there is no similar book in astrology. Their book is the alignment of the stars and planets and any other thing floating around someone deems important.

Judaism, Christianity and Moslem religions are based on books, there are many, many more that aren't book based.
 gfe0787
Msg: 341
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:03:23 PM
I am a Leo. (Supposedly, I have other placements in my zodiac chart- moon sign, rising sign, etc).
Supposedly, I am compatible with: Aries, Sagittarius, and Aquarians.
Most people that I am close to and get along with happen to be : Capricorns, Taurus, Librans, and Virgos.
I think Capricorns are one of my fave signs. They are such honest & loyal people. The tend to be great mentors, smart, and realistic. So, sometimes astrology is not fully accurate bc I'm not supposed to get along with 'earth signs'....but I do. =) However, I do find it very interesting/fun to read about. lol.
 sigungq
Msg: 342
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:07:51 PM
The Q control the stars, not the other way around.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 343
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:16:59 PM
The differences and similarities between/of religion and astrology:

Originally, astrology was an attempt at a methodology for doing or knowing certain things, some of those things being correct and some being incorrect. You could think of it as the best hypothesis at the time, being what it was simply because we didn't know any better yet.

Today, however, astrology has become a religion. It is a religion in the sense that we now know better, yet it's adherents are dogmatic (blindly following) about it, and are intentionally close-minded about doubting or questioning it, or learning anything more concerning how it does or does not "work", and it has been infused with that sense of quasi-esoteric mystery and demands that one "just have faith" in it without any skepticism.
 Maleman999
Msg: 344
Posted: 4/27/2015 5:36:58 PM
At some point in the distant future, humans will be traveling to and setting up colonies on other planets and moons. How will that affect someone's astrological chart if they were born on another planet or moon (Some planet's moons are the size of the Earth). Will the zodiac signs have to be revamped, since a year on another planet is not same as an Earth year? Planets closer to the sun have a shorter year than the Earth and planets further away have a longer year-which could be the equivalent of 4 or 5 Earth years. If someone's chart is partly based on the position of, let's say Mercury, what happens if a colony is on Mercury? What planet or star would affect their astrological chart?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 345
Posted: 4/27/2015 8:46:05 PM

At some point in the distant future, humans will be traveling to and setting up colonies on other planets

Even on Uranus?

what happens if a colony is on Mercury?

What happens if a colony is on Uranus?
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 346
Posted: 4/27/2015 8:49:51 PM

What happens if a colony is on Uranus?

Colony skid marks.
 Home-and-Hearth
Msg: 347
Posted: 5/1/2015 2:24:22 AM

There are publishing houses that won't acquisition [sic] anything, sign anything, really DO anything new, during this period.

As an astrologer myself, I would put more emphasis on the Void-of-Course-Moon rather than Mercury being retrograde in this regard. There are many astrologers, me included, who see retrograde Mercury as being of even stronger influence than direct. But then again, I am just a voice crying in the wilderness.

As for a potential mate, a Water sign introduced to a Water sign is about as ridiculous as you can get in terms of ideal marriage. If you are Cancer, say, and you are introduced to a Cancerian, nothing will save you if his Saturn/Pluto midpoint is sitting on your Moon, for instance.

Synastry (Greek = comparision of stars) is the study of chart comparision. I can assure you it goes far beyond compatible elements or signs. If that was the case, two Fire signs would never divorce. But they do -- all the time. California has a 77% divorce rate. I imagine it happens there all the time.

- Peter
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 348
Posted: 5/1/2015 6:47:07 AM

, nothing will save you if his Saturn/Pluto midpoint is sitting on your Moon, for instance.

This is getting a little kinky.
 Maleman999
Msg: 349
Posted: 5/1/2015 9:06:08 AM

...nothing will save you if his Saturn/Pluto midpoint is sitting on your Moon, for instance.

The first thing that comes to mind is the Rolling Stones song "Get Off of my Cloud", with the lyric "Hey! You! Get off of my cloud." In this case, substitute cloud with moon.
 chameleonf
Msg: 350
Posted: 5/1/2015 9:26:08 AM

, nothing will save you if his Saturn/Pluto midpoint is sitting on your Moon, for instance.

A car and a cartoon dog sitting on my moon??...good thing I have a big enough moon to accommodate both at the same time! Yup...sounds like this astrology stuff can get pretty kinky, alright!
 Eckhartwarmingtolle
Msg: 351
Posted: 5/1/2015 9:35:16 AM

nothing will save you if his Saturn/Pluto midpoint is sitting on your Moon, for instance.

UNLESS his " midpoint " suffers ED, in which case URANUS will be safe.
 chameleonf
Msg: 352
Posted: 5/1/2015 9:36:21 AM
^^^ That's a cute new picture!
 Eckhartwarmingtolle
Msg: 353
Posted: 5/1/2015 9:43:47 AM
^^^^ Thanks....and it's not exactly new, lol

Edit for below :

Actually, you don't have to say anything about the topic now that the Mods are gone.
 chameleonf
Msg: 354
Posted: 5/1/2015 9:55:37 AM
^^^ thought you'd catch that...lol We should all post some oldies just for fun - have a "post an old picture" day or sumpin'. Wonder if astrology could have predicted our changes (had to say something remotely associated with the thread).
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 355
Posted: 5/1/2015 12:28:06 PM
I thought it was Jim Morrison at first glance.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 356
Posted: 5/1/2015 1:22:33 PM

I thought it was Jim Morrison at first glance.

I thought Val Kilmer playing Jim Morrison.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >