Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 momsaysirock
Msg: 257
astrology and potential matePage 7 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

Im saying your mind is perfectly capable of playing tricks on you, people are perfectly capable of seeing connections when they are so willed to. If you believe in something, then its going to impact your life. Because you will have confidence in mind that your life changes under those circumstances - its a placebo effect, created by junkscience.

but CTRLVector, may women believe in this stuff, it's easier to just nod and mumble something about gobbledygook in the House of the Rising Sun, Jupiter ascending, you will get laid more with gullible new-age chicks
 CTRLvector
Msg: 258
astrology and potential mate
Posted: 2/13/2015 12:49:46 PM
I think the whole astrology deal is sky trippin' for no reason. Take your placebo and find a reason to give you optimism - that's about all its really worth. The flip side is thinking something wont work because of conflicting signs or whatever. Either way, science has basically done well to clear any connection that astrology might bear in reality.
 Maleman999
Msg: 259
Posted: 2/13/2015 1:39:04 PM
For those people who are really into astrology, doing the charts and all of that stuff: How would your life be different if you didn't follow astrology? Has it helped you find Mr./Miss Perfect? Would any events in your life be changed if there were no star charts to follow?
 Aradia96
Msg: 260
Posted: 2/20/2015 8:55:14 AM
Astrology and dating are 2 words that don't go together in the same sentence ;)

Having said that I find virgo's cute
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 261
Posted: 2/20/2015 1:00:39 PM
All of it is poppyc0ck, but whatever let's you sleep at night.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 262
Posted: 2/20/2015 7:07:09 PM

For those people who are really into astrology, doing the charts and all of that stuff: How would your life be different if you didn't follow astrology? Has it helped you find Mr./Miss Perfect? Would any events in your life be changed if there were no star charts to follow?

It has not helped me find Mr. Right, but it can tell if a guy I meet is going to be Mr. Right or not. It is up to me to come to my own conclusions though, and often it is better to have a neutral third party astrologer give their 2 cents. I have met several guys that I thought for sure were keepers, but I chose to ignore certain aspects in their charts. Those aspects were the exact reasons why things didn't work out.

Astrology does not tell you that you will meet Mr. Right at this exact time and this exact day, but it can tell you when the time is favorable to meet him, and where you might meet him. It's like a weather forecast. Astrology can tell you when the conditions are good or bad for certain events, and it is up to the owner of the birth chart to either follow the astrology or ignore it.

Currently, I'm in a cycle that lasts about a year where I'm more likely to meet people who have long term mate potential. Of course, if I decide that during that time, I'm going to be a shut in, I'm not taking advantage of the conditions and might miss out. I have noticed that I'm meeting fewer men, but the ones I've met seem to have more long term potential than in the previous years, as evidenced by them taking things more slowly, and me having much stricter boundaries than in past years.

Astrology can also tell you when it is a good time or a bad time for law suits, surgeries, communication, new relationships, etc. My divorce took place during a favorable cycle for law suits for me, and I did well during the ruling. My ex, who tried like crazy to make life hard for me with his lawyer, had several unfavorable conditions for law suits and lost every single time he took me to court.

Probably wasted my time typing all this as the usual suspects are going to dismiss everything and ridicule it all, but it's OK. I'm in a great mood tonight, I have a child-free weekend for the first time in forever, and I'm going to have great company visiting me here in a few minutes (who might have long term potential). Just killing a few more minutes online while I wait.

:-)
 petula1908
Msg: 263
Posted: 2/20/2015 7:18:17 PM
There may be some open minded, usually females, who at least take notice of what you have stated or it sparks their curiosity to learn more. A wise person only looks for guidance in the stars, not to be dictated to and to feel at the mercy of fat.

Let all the ridicule and mockery slide off your back like water off a duck's back. Some are just looking to bait.
 petula1908
Msg: 264
Posted: 2/20/2015 7:21:11 PM
There is more than just mere sun signs involved and people who judge astrology on this, do not know the indepth mechanisms at work. It is complex and involved and I would have lost interest many years ago, if it were not!
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 265
Posted: 2/20/2015 7:27:13 PM
Good luck Karma, I hope this is it for you.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 266
Posted: 2/20/2015 7:39:28 PM

Uranus just crossed into my 5th house.

Finally, we know where Uranus is.

As far as my potential mate, I had a professional astrologer describe him to me.

Why can't she describe his location?

It has not helped me find Mr. Right,

Or win the lottery?

How about avoid a car crash or a plane crash?

I've been a hobby astrologer since before I was a teen.

but it can tell if a guy I meet is going to be Mr. Right or not.

My ex, who tried like crazy to make life hard for me with his lawyer

And it didn't tell you that your ex was NOT Mr. Right before you married him?
 geezOmystars
Msg: 267
Posted: 3/3/2015 2:19:07 PM
;) ah ha ha
I just tried 2 start a thread, about astrology & a potential mate. . .lol . . I wrote, a lot . . Then POF nuked It . . My SkyGuide app tells me, the Moon is in Cancer; therefore, I've hit my red light zone, & no going forward 4 me, unless I'm asked.
So

sexysoph92,
The Ascendant/AS, is the reflection of your Body. One of the top 3, I say. It is also, the most difficult 2 place.
LiKe, the Sun stays in a sign for a month. The Moon changes every 2 1/2 days. The Ascendant/AS changes by the minute. That timing is SO important, on one hand, the tradition has survived, that everyone looks at the clock, when the baby arrives!

How is It important?

It is going 2 be involved with, one level of attraction, in relationships; which we are all hard-wired 2 pursue.

It's your vehicle sister, till U get 2 the Other side. I'm big on acknowledging Its existence. If U are facing medical issues, I would certainly explore further.

When U meet a person, face 2 face, 4 the 1st time, U will be meeting their AS. That is our cover, our body. After we let U in, u meet the Sun, & the Moon. That's how important the AS is. The AS is our shield.
 petula1908
Msg: 268
Posted: 3/3/2015 3:37:58 PM
The ascendant or rising sign is the sign on the eastern horizon at birth and sets the tone for the whole chart. The right time of birth is necessary. Whatever the planetary ruler there is the filter through which we perceive our environment n general. It influences how we look, how we come across as a first impression. People fall in love with ascendants and then find the real person is very different underneath sometimes. It is the mask and the persona.

It can indicate where you may find love, the type of person you will connect with but as for finding Mr or Miss Right, we come together to sort out issues and reap karma and some people stay together even when unhappy so it is not all so simple. People who love each other can be parted for all sorts of reasons too. Life is complex.

I will say that a lot of people who claim to be astrologers are not competent in fact and only have half knowledge at best. This is what gives the science a bad name.

Again the STARS IMPEL, NOT COMPEL
 GWSmith
Msg: 269
Posted: 3/3/2015 10:01:47 PM
Astrology is garbage.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 271
Posted: 3/3/2015 10:28:43 PM
Hey, there's no need to be insulting garbage like that.
 geezOmystars
Msg: 272
Posted: 3/4/2015 9:12:14 PM
;) ah ha ha

The saddest thing, that has happened 2 Astrology . . It's still in the dark ages!
lol
Who screwed with the math? I LiKe 2 think Hitlers astrologers/ forgers did, 2 make him look gud! I don't care enough about who screwed It, 2 pursue the bad guys.
Boils down 2, Western astrology is Tropical math . . Which means, 4 example, those folks born today, would think they are Pisces.
I LuV current technology.
I aim my SkyGuide anywhere . . I watch the sky 4 FuN . . I see the Sun, is still in Aquarius . . & the Moon is in Leo.
NOT, Sun Pisces, & Moon Virgo . . LiKe the Western Trpical, are selling.

Worse than no advice . . Is bad advice!!

Turns out, Sidereal Hindu/Lahiri math, is spot on, with my SkyGuide app. If U want 2 use astrology, please gift yourself, an accurate chart.

Silly thing about Synastry, or the science of relationships, U only have control of U. Learn the language, & U can read the Sparks yourself. The issues that may arise. ah ha ha
They will arise.

I have a simple, read your own chart, set up on Facebook, open 2 the public. 123 Astrology - Star In

Have a nice day!
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 273
Posted: 3/4/2015 9:36:25 PM
I have a simple mental health self diagnosis page set up on Facebook. It consists of just one question that you must answer.

It's "do you believe in astrology?" If the answer is yes, you are nuttier than a Snickers bar.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 274
Posted: 3/4/2015 9:57:38 PM

does someone with a gemini ascendant stand a chance with a Libra :0

Only if Uranus is in the right house.
 funchesf
Msg: 275
Posted: 3/7/2015 4:02:53 PM
since Pluto is no longer consider to be a "full fledged Planet" therefore upping the probability that the astrological charts are inaccurate, perhaps that in turn might explain the high divorce rate because "Zodiac-ers" are unknowingly exchanging nuptials with a significant other of the wrong astrological sign
 2ufo
Msg: 276
Posted: 3/8/2015 12:35:08 AM
^^^^^^
It doesn't matter if it's defined as a planet -- simply heavenly bodies in the sky. I believe some of the larger asteroids, like Ceres, are included in some charts.

Comment about 'Astrology is garbage.' -- One person's trash is another person's treasure.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2015 8:32:49 AM
I'm a libra, I dated a leo before we're suppose to be compatible, it was a disaster. While I'm not going to discount astrology I think it's way too complicated and some of it is just coincidence and it's still an individual deal.
 Maleman999
Msg: 278
Posted: 3/8/2015 9:06:51 AM

It doesn't matter if it's defined as a planet -- simply heavenly bodies in the sky. I believe some of the larger asteroids, like Ceres, are included in some charts.

There are thousands of pieces of "space junk"-satellites no longer functioning and spent rocket sections from the space program-as well as functioning satellites and the space station that are orbiting the earth forever, plus spacecraft that have been sent to explore other planets and their moons and are orbiting them. Are these considered heavenly bodies in the sky that have an impact on horoscope readings? If not, why not? Is there something in a horoscope handbook that says only planets and moons that have existed for millions of years count as heavenly bodies, and totally disregard any man-made objects in outer space?
 funchesf
Msg: 279
Posted: 3/8/2015 9:44:00 AM

there are heavenly bodies in the sky that have been discovered and are being discovered in the Solar System every year that aren't in the charts which again points to the charts being inaccurate

astrology in general requires followers that believe that they lack Free Will, Free Thought, that the Devil didn't make me do it, the heavenly bodies did
 daynadaze
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2015 9:59:25 AM
Wouldn't that be funny if astrology were real and all this space junk was throwing everything off.

As for saying, I'm a ____ Sun Sign and I'm supposed to get along with ______ but I don't, if you are going to try out your horoscope, as has been said here many times, you really have to do your whole chart, then do the chart of the one you are interested in, then have the charts done together. It's actually a pretty drawn out study. It can be expensive, but you can also do it yourself with online sites. There is a lot involved, how signs match up, there are cross matchings, there are elements, there are planets and stars and things rising & descending, there are moons and to really get into astrology and see what it says about you and your matchings with others, you are going to need to do a buttload of studying and cross referencing, this is an ancient science, not a quick check of Sun Signs. If you aren't really interested in it, you will be bored in no time. And yes, there is no proof that there's anything to it, on the other hand, we are all star stuff, so who knows. *Twilight Zone Theme playing*
 2ufo
Msg: 281
Posted: 3/8/2015 3:10:58 PM
Maleman999 - Oh, cool -- all that space junk is throwing off the charts! LOL. I think they just count five or six of the biggest asteroids although there's no horoscope handbook declaring only things older than 63 million years count in your chart.

I can just see it... "Your Jupiter is transiting the ESPN sports satellite in the 5th house of Leo - that's a good sign for betting on the Superbowl. However, the CIA Spy Satellite - which doesn't actually exist - is square to the 10th house of Capricorn indicating incarceration. Or maybe a traffic ticket."

Funchesf - Astrology is no worse and no better than any other religion or belief in relation to free will. Some people are skilled at blaming an outside force while some people actually take responsibility for their actions.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >