Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 282
astrology and potential matePage 8 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

There is more than just mere sun signs involved and people who judge astrology on this, do not know the indepth mechanisms at work. It is complex and involved and I would have lost interest many years ago, if it were not!

Since I've asked about 5 times between the two threads and nobody answered.... Can you PLEASE explain how 2 twins can be complete opposites if there's any truth to astrology? This is a serious asking what you guys believe question.
 daynadaze
Msg: 283
view profile
History
astrology and potential mate
Posted: 3/8/2015 9:45:02 PM
Because they are two different people, but you mean astrology, well being born minutes apart can mean you aren't exactly the same, but I'm sure there's a better answer. Not all parts of their charts are going to be the same, most twins are not born at the same moment. Hopefully someone will give you a good reason, but in astrology some things change very quickly, also male and female charts are read differently, etc.
 2ufo
Msg: 284
Posted: 3/8/2015 11:01:18 PM

Can you PLEASE explain how 2 twins can be complete opposites if there's any truth to astrology?

Because they aren't born at the same time. The ascendant (a major portion of the chart) changes every two minutes.
 funchesf
Msg: 285
Posted: 3/9/2015 10:46:14 AM

2ufo
Funchesf - Astrology is no worse and no better than any other religion or belief in relation to free will. Some people are skilled at blaming an outside force while some people actually take responsibility for their actions.

to expect a follower to take responsibility for their actions would in fact be a contradiction to their belief

if one is religious and believe in Prophecy then how can they then claim to have "Free Will" when Prophecy cancels out 'Free Will" just as those that believe that "Heavenly Bodies" are in control or influence behavior clearly can't believe in "Free Thought"..

when it comes to beliefs, the responsibility lies with those "(that perhaps are not delusional)" that promote the belief as Truth, when it's clear that the charts are inaccurate or the belief can only be based on faith and refuse to acknowledge this to others as they preach or predict ..they are simply not being good shepherds to others that might be delusional

and this is why when it comes to choosing a "significant other" solely based on the fact that they so "happenstance-ally" were born under a cluster of stars that are "supposedly" shaped like a bull... might in turn be bull ....er..."pun intended"

"to believe is to doubt"....funches 3:16
 Cynderella
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2015 11:12:01 AM
If we made our choices on when one was born or the Numbers/letters in a name, blue eyes, longhair...we would really miss out on someone who is just them nothing else but that!
I don't need anything or anyone telling me it's best to stay in the lines.
I live outside the box!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 287
Posted: 3/9/2015 2:33:44 PM

Because they aren't born at the same time.

What about conjoined delivered by C-section?
 daynadaze
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2015 3:16:48 PM
Assuming there were pulled out within the same 2 minute time frame, then maybe they'd be the same. I don't know, good question though. I've known twins that were totally alike, I've known twins that were nothing alike. For me there are parts of astrology that make sense and other parts that make no sense. Even conjoined twins can be different, not getting the same things during womb-time. I have triplet ex-sisters-in-law, one was a single and much bigger and healthier than the twins. The other two were identical twins but one was getting more blood and nutrients than the other, so has always been bigger, while the youngest was tiny and they didn't know if she would live. The twins look just alike except the youngest is noticeably smaller. The twins even as adults are a lot alike in their actions, while the oldest triplet is a totally different person. I do not know the time frame of their birth order other than the single was born first, the middle one was the biggest twin and the tiny one was the last to be born. The delivery doctor had no idea they were triplets, as the single was in front of the twins and blocked them, they just thought my ex-mother-in-law was having a large baby, so they weren't delivered by C-section. Not that you need all that info, just laying it out in case someone does know anything about birth order and astrology.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 289
Posted: 3/9/2015 3:29:23 PM
I'm thinking Fullmoonguy was joking. IF you live your life by the stars, you aren't living. So pull your heads out of Uranus and go live your life instead of following stars, charts, tea leaves, charlatans and more.

I'm sure my parents didn't consult the stars about their successful 63 year marriage. And although the song Aquarius was a hit around the time I got married , I didn't consult the stars to see whether a Cancer as a good fit for me.
 daynadaze
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2015 3:58:09 PM
He may or may not have been joking, but it's still a good question. Would info like this show that astrology is bunk or does astrology have answers for this. Anyway, that was my point, in case I didn't make that clear.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 291
Posted: 3/9/2015 4:32:18 PM
I don't know if astrology can be "proven" one way or another. Just like tea leaves, palm readers, tarot cards or the bible all interpreted by man. Everything has answers if you look, even drunk Uncle Fred is right sometimes. To me it's mild entertainment. And, I really dislike the ones that say they talk to dead people.

Fullmoonguy has discussed Uranus in many posts. I like a man who can make me laugh...even at dumb Uranus jokes.
 Maleman999
Msg: 292
Posted: 3/9/2015 4:46:56 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why the exact location of where I was born has any relevance in how I turn out and why astrologers need that information. It's not like I had a say in the matter. Blame my parents and the hospital staff for where I was born. Would I have turned out different if I was born 15 or 20 miles way in a neighboring city, or born at home instead of a hospital?

If it has to to do with the alignment of the cosmos at the exact moment and location when I was born, we're talking about stars, planets and moons that are millions of miles away. So being born here or 15, 20 or 100 miles away is an insignificant drop in the bucket in terms of space distance. Plus it goes back to a point I made earlier, where an astrologer would need to have expertise in astronomy to know the exact location of stars and planets to know their exact location at specific times, since it's tied in to the exact time a person is born-especially when everything is moving, so distances and locations always vary..
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 293
Posted: 3/9/2015 4:54:43 PM

What about conjoined delivered by C-section?

And how would it change if they were eventually separated? Or would it?

I agree, it is a good question, makes a person think.

The delivery doctor had no idea they were triplets, as the single was in front of the twins and blocked them

OMG that sounds horrifying. Just when you think it’s over, here comes another one! And another one! Squeezing babies out over and over and over…. makes me woozy just thinking about it, ugh. I think I’d have a few words for their father. :/
 daynadaze
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2015 10:04:36 PM
And that is the whole argument, how and why would it matter where things were or weren't at the exact second we were born? If you believe in astrology, then it does, if you don't, it makes no sense to you. All of this would be important for your chart to be made, but if you think it's all bunk, then why would you bother with it, other than to see if it fits or not. If you believe, you so want it to fit that you will give it a lot of room to maybe, kind of, sort of fit.
 Maleman999
Msg: 295
Posted: 3/11/2015 9:39:10 AM
I guess it would take a certain personality trait to have a belief system where something that defies logic, reasoning, and lack of evidence is disregarded and blindly believed in, like is required with astrology and for that matter, religion. I wonder if astrologers believe that people born in a certain time frame, and therefore having a specific zodiac sign, are the type as a whole to not believe in mystical things that are unexplainable, which means they most likely won't believe in astrology, and if there is an astrological time frame where people born in that time frame are more likely to believe in things that cannot be explained by logic, reasoning and evidence. And what is the ratio of male astrologers to female astrologers, since it appears to be a female dominated field? And if it is mostly a female thing, why is that?
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 296
Posted: 3/11/2015 8:11:21 PM

I guess it would take a certain personality trait to have a belief system where something that defies logic, reasoning, and lack of evidence is disregarded and blindly believed in, like is required with astrology and for that matter, religion.

Not to mention, much of quantum physics.
 sundude5
Msg: 297
Posted: 3/11/2015 9:27:03 PM
Anyone who thinks that they can talk about something that they know little to nothing about is a fool.
It applies to Astrology as well as most other things in life. "Opinions are like butts, everybody has one."
 sundude5
Msg: 298
Posted: 3/11/2015 9:29:56 PM
By the way Cynthia, you`re quite right, that`s why it`s called a "theory", as in "not proven".
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 299
Posted: 3/12/2015 12:37:48 PM

"Opinions are like butts, everybody has one."

And butts are like opinions- some are more impressive than others.

Or you could say "opinions are like Uranus, everybody has one".

Not only that, but those stars and such are not where we see them. We see them, where they were, at differing times in our past...

Wait, what??!!

You mean when you see Uranus in the living room, Uranus is not really in the living room, Uranus is still in the bathroom where you were an hour prior?
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 300
Posted: 3/12/2015 4:39:17 PM
Uranus jokes on an astrology thread. How original. A real knee slapper.
 Coma_White
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2015 5:30:24 PM

Uranus jokes on an astrology thread. How original. A real knee slapper.

His name is "full moon". You expected more?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 302
Posted: 3/12/2015 6:08:00 PM
He has made the same joke so often
I worry he was improperly toilet trained
God knows how breast of chicken might set him off
 Coma_White
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2015 9:32:30 PM

He has made the same joke so often
I worry he was improperly toilet trained
God knows how breast of chicken might set him off

Maybe he'll eye you like a pisces when you are weak.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 304
Posted: 3/12/2015 10:35:02 PM
And if ***holes had wings, this place would be an airport.
 geezOmystars
Msg: 305
Posted: 3/13/2015 12:36:15 PM
;) ah ha ha
maleman999, U are so mis-informed, however, U are not the only one.

Defies logic, reasoning, & lack of evidence.
I have been interested in Astrology, since I was teenager. I decided 2 disprove It. How I found my way thru the maze of mis-information, 2 get 2 the truth . . Well, that was my adventure.
It's a science of magnetics. How It works still amazes me. U cannot discredit It, logically, just because U don't understand, how & why. Keep learning folks.

How & when Western astrology took off on the wrong course, surely has helped 2 create a lot of dis-believers.
I don't care if anyone believes, or not. I have studied, long & thoughtfully, I know the truth.

I find the most value in It, in understanding who I am. Knowledge is power. Simple.

Twins are FuN & educational 2 look at. There U can see, the BIG difference, between time. Planets switch signs. Aspects come in tighter, or leave. A few degrees/minutes can make such a huge difference, in outcomes.

Folks who try 2 simply It. LiKe my Sun sign, does, or does not get along, with someone's elses, should really start with finding their correct Sun sign.
Western astrology is LiKe 28 degrees out. Which means lots of folks Sun signs are actually the sign, before, the sign they think they are.

Then 4 relationships, U have 2 understand, someone was likely attracted 2 someone's Body, or the Rising sign, or Ascendant. Next, it's the Moon that generally rules your Love life, & relationships with the opposite sex.
Venus talks about the LoVe U crave. Mars is the spark, that eludes 2 how U go after LiFe.
The outer planets, do have a generational effect, true. However, they also have a strong personal effect.

Astrology is the language of psychology. Learn the language, & save $$ on your mental health, followed by your physical health. Simple. Or don't.

Understanding the language, does not remove my free will, or limit my choices. I was the one who chose 2 dis-prove the whole subject.
Hind sight tells a clear story. Simple.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 306
Posted: 3/13/2015 12:44:41 PM

I have studied, long & thoughtfully, I know the truth.

Learn the language, & save $$ on your mental health, followed by your physical health.

How many lotteries have you won?

Planets switch signs.

So THAT is how the Robinson family got "Lost in Space".

DANGER! DANGER, Will Robinson!

Planets switch signs.

Makes it tougher to find Uranus when that happens.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >