Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Coma_White
Msg: 307
view profile
History
astrology and potential matePage 9 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

Astrology is the language of psychology. Learn the language, & save $$ on your mental health, followed by your physical health. Simple. Or don't.

I'm still trying to understand what this means.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 308
astrology and potential mate
Posted: 3/13/2015 1:02:51 PM
^^ Well, its hard to read and comprehend what she is saying because of her text speak and abbreviations. But I'm thinking she is saying not all astrologers talk out of Uranus while Fullmoonguy thinks they all talk out of Uranus. I'm going along with Fullmoonguy mainly because I can understand him .
 Cynderella
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2015 1:15:12 PM
Clooney...that was priceless!
 geezOmystars
Msg: 310
Posted: 3/13/2015 1:28:46 PM
;) ah ha ha

Before, I even make a chart, 4 anyone, I first read their body language. LiKe, in Louise Hay's, Heal Your Body/ The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them.
Next, I will look at their Saturn stuff. 3 ouch lines, as Debbie Kempton-Smith, refers 2 Saturn, in a chart. Here is where U can hurt folks, or, know their weaknesses.

Now, if U already have the above info, I LiKe 2 think that U have the ability 2 communicate with your Self.

An ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure.

;) ah ha ha
Have I won the lotteries. Well, if U could read my Saturn stuff, U should be able 2 see, that me having an eXcess of anything, is highly unlikely, & that includes $$$.

However, lots of folks consider me rich. I raised really good kids, thru strife. I'm in excellent health, both, mentally & physically. How much is that worth?
 Coma_White
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2015 10:33:28 PM
I couldn't post on the forums for about a week. I'm not sure why. Other people were having the same problem. I have to be honest, my opinion of a woman's intelligence drops significantly when they start taking superstitions like astrology seriously. There are so many people in Facebook that say things like: "I don't get along with Aries". Maybe some people think it sounds normal, but it sounds really stupid to me. I would be thinking the same thing if someone honestly thought a black cat caused them bad luck.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 312
Posted: 3/23/2015 1:15:52 AM
Wow, geezOmystars. Your whole post reads like it was typed out by Prince.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 313
Posted: 3/23/2015 2:52:58 AM

Other people were having the same problem. I have to be honest, my opinion of a woman's intelligence drops significantly when they start taking superstitions like astrology seriously

Would you also so immediately dismiss a woman who, in an epoch in her life, used astrology as a tool to navigate her world? Why is examining it, learning about it, or even reading about it to add to a repertoire of knowledge and experience so terribly taboo? It's worth examining even if it's bunk -- because somewhere out there -- somebody still believes in it and it's still used to predict the fate of arranged marriages, health problems, or even transitory periods in people's lives.

Who are you to determine who's less intelligent for trying to suss their world?

There are so many people in Facebook that say things like: "I don't get along with Aries". Maybe some people think it sounds normal, but it sounds really stupid to me.

If you had bothered to really learn about it before pulling random assessments of people's alleged intellectual deficiency for practicing it out of your backside, you'd have known there's a stark difference between newspaper horoscopes and Vedic astrology. I should think grossly overgeneralizing and labeling something of which you know nothing about makes YOU appear stupid (even though I believe you're not).
 Dee4166
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2015 4:25:55 AM

Astrology is the language of psychology. Learn the language, & save $$ on your mental health, followed by your physical health. Simple. Or don't.

No....Just ...no....

There is absolutely NO connection whatsoever between the two.

Psychology is firmly based in the Scientific Method, as in Empirical evidence and critical thinking, Astrology, while exact and complicated as well as based in the mathematical positions of planets and stars, is NOT.

I try to keep an open mind about many things, until proven to be hokum, and, to date, real astrology has NOT been proven thus, for the simple reason that the interpretation is subjective, from my experience.
While I am no expert, I have studied how to do basic charts, the meanings of the houses, etc. and have picked the brains of several people who do charts for a living, and charge a pretty penny, too!

There is little question that when predicting a 'year of transition in love, etc.' that is a generalization that can be misleading and interpreted in a variety of ways. But a friend of mine had a chart done by an astrologer for me without my knowledge and it was actually quite specific as to what my 'issues' in Life would be and challenges, and some key and extremely specific details about my personality.

The meeting was recorded and I listened and there were no questions asked by the astrologer aside from my date of birth and time. He explained as he went what he saw and how he interpreted that, but according to my friend and even on the tape you could hear, it wasn't like consulting with a 'psychic' who you can usually see is getting info at the same time as 'predicting' or 'reading'. This guy was describing what conclusions that he was coming to and why. That was it.

Now you can interpret that any way that you want.

The fact is that astrology has been around for a long time. Anything with that much staying power, usually has SOME measure of 'truth' to it....

Look at how in recent years, Western civilization is finally discovering that many facets of traditional Eastern medicine are very useful and work as advertised. Of course there are many that don't, as well. But and this is a big but, those were validated and tested by the scientific method for the most part before being unleashed on the general population. You still hear stories of people doing damage to themselves and even accidentally killing themselves due to the use of unapproved meds, especially when mixed with western meds.

My point is that any empirical study, the reasons for the phenomenon under study are the ultimate quest. With astrology there are no proven reasons why if a certain planet is in a certain position that should have the effect of A, or B, etc.
http://nehruplanetarium.org/arguments_against_astrology.htm

Humans are inherently wired to find patterns. Patterns in EVERYTHING...it's a hard-wired biological mechanism that has proven useful for our survival as a species. To me , astrology is NO different, in that it is just another way for peopple to try and find a pattern that will help to make sense of our often chaotic world.
 Coma_White
Msg: 315
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2015 11:52:33 AM

Would you also so immediately dismiss a woman who, in an epoch in her life, used astrology as a tool to navigate her world? Why is examining it, learning about it, or even reading about it to add to a repertoire of knowledge and experience so terribly taboo? It's worth examining even if it's bunk -- because somewhere out there -- somebody still believes in it and it's still used to predict the fate of arranged marriages, health problems, or even transitory periods in people's lives.

Who are you to determine who's less intelligent for trying to suss their world?

It's not taboo, I just wouldn't date anyone that took it seriously. I also wouldn't date a Christian that believed sickness was caused by demons. Why would you suss out your world with a superstition? I get that it's a hobby for some people. They like to do charts and follow the astrological changes, but it's not for me because I don't like to believe in things without evidence. I probably wouldn't date someone that still believed in Santa Claus either, even though it's a harmless belief.

If you had bothered to really learn about it before pulling random assessments of people's alleged intellectual deficiency for practicing it out of your backside, you'd have known there's a stark difference between newspaper horoscopes and Vedic astrology. I should think grossly overgeneralizing and labeling something of which you know nothing about makes YOU appear stupid (even though I believe you're not).

Who said I never "bothered to really learn about it"?
Who said I didn't know the difference between newspaper horoscopes and Vedic astrology?
You began your statement with two huge assumptions. You also continued to use assumptions like "labeling something of which you know nothing about". Well, wait a minute. When did I admit that I knew nothing about it?
I'm sorry, but everything you said is false. I am educated about astrology and I do understand the difference between horoscopes and Vedic astrology. That's why I wouldn't date someone that buys into this nonsense. Another example is the people that believe that their headaches and stomach aches can predict things like earthquakes and hurricanes. I'd date a woman that practises meditation, but I wouldn't date someone that seriously believed in something silly like a headache predicting a flood. You can't honestly tell me you'd think a man was smart if he believed demons caused the measles. It's hypocritical to say I'm overgeneralizing and labeling things when your whole statement is carelessly labeling me "uneducated" about astrology.
 474rusty
Msg: 316
Posted: 3/23/2015 12:30:17 PM
I read the FB page of a religious fanatic over the weekend. Her posts were akin to something ISIS would state, both of the same mindset albeit one is a christian fanatic crazy bytch and ISIS are terrorist fanatics and crazy. Anyway, this "christian" lady was posting about how if you get a tattoo the ink in your skin makes you give birth to autistic children. She had a whole bunch of whacked out beliefs like this. IMO, her page was full of hate, bigotry and just plain stupidity.

IMO, folks that follow fanatics, strict religious beliefs, star charts, cards, healers, snake kissers or anything else like this without true and independent thought, are fools. Far too many pull stuff out of their backside here on the forums. We also have an abundance of backside pullers in real life. As the expression goes - they talk out of their arse.
 2ufo
Msg: 317
Posted: 3/23/2015 1:15:44 PM

Would you be accepting of a woman who in an epoch of her life used Santa Claus as a tool to navigate her world...?
Would you be accepting of a woman who in an epoch of her life used "the Force" as a tool to navigate her world...?

To me, astrology is no more valid than those are...

How well does the 'tool' work? How well does the person 'navigate' life using the tools of astrology or Santa Claus or the Force? That would be my question. Some people can make wonderful things with bad tools; other people make terrible things with the best of tools. In the end, it isn't the tool that matters, it's the maker.

For instance
(using astrology):
Someone finds out that Mercury is retrograde in the fifth house and indicates bad communication at the workplace (I am just making this up for the example).
Does the person say, "I think I'll pay extra attention and make sure to double-check all the important information today" or does the person say, "It's not my fault the boss gave me incorrect information"?

(using Santa Claus)
"I'll give this and receive the warm feeling of knowing my gift is appreciated" or "I'll give this and they'll owe me"?

(the Force)
Hmm, can't think of an example...

Validity isn't always necessary to make good decisions. Sometimes invalid and even silly things, actions, beliefs can have a beneficial result.
 geezOmystars
Msg: 318
Posted: 3/23/2015 2:44:37 PM
;) dear dee4166,
This math discrepancy should be worth your investigation. Western = 28 degrees off. Simple.
The magnetics are on. The sad is, the West has been deceived.
The greatest news is technology, fills in the gaps, LiKe, a puzzle.
Skyguide, the app, rocks.
It accurately shows, U may NOT be the Sun sign, U think U are . .
;) ah ha ha
Nevermind,
How your Aries doesn't get along with her ?b?
1st
Somebody was probably attracted 2 someone's Body. Or Rising sign. Which is REALLY specific. Based on that time, everyone glances at the clock 4 . . If U have ever been there.
;) ahh Geez
Next the Moon, gets involved. U LuV with your Moon.
Meanwhile,
Folks think they need 2 match up, with their Sun signs . .
Tho,
Tradition shows, a strong Sun-Moon reflection lasts the longest. That tradition is still passed down, thru the ring ceremony, here in the West. Where a ring is placed on the mans Sun, & the woman's Moon, finger.

;) I beg 2 differ, with your catalogue of studies, dee4166.
1st,
Hindsight, is the clearest.
Funny thing 2 me about folks. I find they want 2 enhance one planet, as opposed 2 taking the whole, as in. This is the challenge.
;) ahh Geez
I remember 1 guy asking how he could skip his Saturn Return cuz he thought he would get depressed during that time, & he didn't want that feeling! I was speechless. I cannot erase stuff . . It is what it is . . Geez . . Be here now . .

;) ahh geez
Psychology is the language of astrology. It is part of the body language series.

;) ah ha ha
I almost hear a Qtpi here. I taught her, long ago. She speaks highly of Vedic.
;) ah ha ha
I taught her modestly, loaned her books, LiKe Jenny Appleseed.
It's the Sidereal Hindu/Lahiri math, that lines up 2 the Sky, as is.
Everyone can make their own chart, these days, real simply! & U can read 4 yourself! About U, & your LuVd ones, & those U want 2 LuV, etc.
I've spent $$$$ pursuing this quest. The chart is free, now . . The reference books are probably $1:99, online, delivered instantly.
;)
 CTRLvector
Msg: 319
Posted: 3/23/2015 4:14:29 PM
I read this shit about cancer today, it would have blown my mind if I had read it and actually been a cancer.

Because I went on a 15 mile hike through the city from 11:40 pm till - I don't know, I slept the next day. I was high as balls, and asking myself why I do the things I do. Case in point - the thing I was doing at the time. Why am I forcing myself to endure pain for no reason, to trace my steps back to the house I lived in, in middle school. To the middle school I went to, down its dark 3 AM halls - attempting to find a water fountain - and hoping I don't have to explain my journey to a cop.

And the cancer today apparently did just that, but I don't get to choose the one that fits best.

The leo one sucked though, apparently there are like 9 sizes of olives or 12 - and thats what I'm supposed to use to gauge my ability to think big.

Thats my horoscope? Thinking in greater divisions of large, where super sized fries just don;t cut it. I need to create my own size - a mcdonalds bag filled with fries... you know because I'm a leo, and stereotypes and junk.
 daynadaze
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2015 8:15:40 PM
I love Santa Claus, may his force be with me.
 rwable032
Msg: 321
Posted: 3/23/2015 8:30:27 PM
I followed a suggestion here and went to one of the sites mentioned that needs the time of birth, which I know to the minute. Read a few translations - hmmm, maybe 50% or less true to me and I was being candid with myself. A lot of times we don't like to be told or read about our blemishes and flaws. A lot of the wrong parts were way off at the other end of the spectrum of who I am.

Ran a few love interest horoscopes with the details of myself and a recent relationship - nothing revealing about us in there. Could have been anyone.
Did the colours test: Pick your favourite colour, pick your least favourite and so on for about 7 pairs.
It was the most accurate to my current state of mind; highly so. There is probably more conclusive random testing done with colours than with horoscopes so that didn't surprise me.

My reluctance to astrology is that it is yet another avenue of escape people offer themselves to explain why things are the way they are. Poor relationships, lousy jobs, difficult living situations, no prospects, depression. It's a self fulfilling excuse for an out. Someone asks me my sign and their expression changes for a split second, they've just announced that later down the road if there are tensions, that's why. Not meant to be. I should have listened to my 'scope. Next.

What if you lied about your sign and got along famously or fought like cats and dogs after a month? Oops, no excuse.

I like that I was born on a cusp if I want to play that card. Keeps them guessing :)
 geezOmystars
Msg: 322
Posted: 3/24/2015 4:03:23 PM
;) ah ha ha
What I'm hearing, RWAble032, is U are still using translators, & U have NO patience 2 learn a simple language . Yes, that's a period.

;) ahh geez
If U want 2 play cusp
Look at the 15th, as opposed 2 the 20th; & skip ahead a sign.
As in,
Aquarius starts on the 15th of Feb, approximately, & runs 4 30 days.

Who are U then?
&
Why does It matter?
Sparks are what they are.
I think It's cool
That we can be traced,
That way.

;) just sayin
 Coma_White
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2015 12:20:18 AM
I really have no problem with astrology, tarot cards, and runes, but I see them as entertainment. I find it strange when people take them really seriously and won't date a Taurus or thinks they can only be friends with a Virgo. I wouldn't make life decisions based on tarot cards either. I'm pretty open minded though. Show me evidence of anything and I'm on board. However, it's not "closed minded" to see through superstition and nonsense.
 geezOmystars
Msg: 324
Posted: 3/25/2015 2:56:46 PM
;) ah ha ha
I agree, Coma White.

;) ah ha ha
While I respect the magnetics of astrology, now . . I still test.
LiKe, I still buy lottery tickets. Currently, I'm coasting on free plays.

;) ahh geez
Once upon a time, I gifted MySelf, the Rune stones. I was a curious, single-parent, LiKe, daycare. The kids got hold of my stones . . LiKe socks . . Where did they go?
The kids are great. The stones are scattered. I'm not going 2 replace them. I did not get a lot of time, 2 investigate them. Old school. I would not make decisions, based on their toss.
Kinda LiKe reading tarot?

Tarot gifts U the idea/feeling, U are connecting 2 your Self, as Is, with Transits. As in, currently.
I gift Tarot the power, 2 read, as is, over Western astrology.
If I have 2 pick a side.
& that's Tarot, after the deck has been held, LiKe, thru some tai-chi-cha type movements have been performed, LiKe, yoga . .
& I would still view It as entertainment. Most folks are not well versed on possibilities.

;) ah ha ha
I agree with dis-LiKing mis-conceptions. As in, I won't date this or that sign.
Bloody well, 1st, here in the West, U have already been fed, since my birth, at least, the wrong math . . Which suggested U should/ or would, do this, or that, 2 benefit, your Self!
;) geez . . What if U were always mis-FiRin . . Even if U always did the math . . & It should have been perfect

I can't do anything about others choices
I gift astrology lessons 4 free
Even still, astrology only reads after.

As in,
These are your gifts. What are U going 2 do with your powers?!

;) ah ha ha
The biggest sadness 2 me, is our general lack of knowledge, here in the West.

;) ah ha ha
Geez
My Mars in Gemini, has no patience, sometimes.
Have a Gud evening/nite!
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 325
Posted: 3/25/2015 10:02:48 PM
Holy shit. I think I'm going to need a translator.
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 326
Posted: 3/26/2015 3:53:29 AM
Simply cos I happened by..As an experiment and for a lark, I dropped a bit o money into getting a reading done. Not a lot. Less than the person before me who paid twice the amount for double the reading time. How my first ever reading went...
Before I was next up and immediately on having paid the money and her saying she doesn't start straight away, I both noticed and believe she was wanting to have a chance to size me up through observation, body language, chit-chat etc. So I tried not to talk unless I had to. She even stuffed the money paid for the reading into her bra, possibly another method to extract comment and glean info.
She had to dispense with the tarot cards because it was too windy (outdoors). But said she was psychic with a straight face and held onto one of my pieces of my jewellery (clearly a visual prop) with both hands, closed her eyes pretended to concentrate..I knew she was answering based on guesses and extrapolations..every single thing had a worldly explanation. She guessed wrong on a couple of things and I note she fished for clarifying details. A few times I had to stifle a laugh, she was so transparent. Wondered if others she read for really fell for it.

Holy shit. I think I'm going to need a translator.

Lol.. true.
 geezOmystars
Msg: 327
Posted: 3/26/2015 10:46:40 AM
;) ah ha ha
The PigOYourDreams

Here's my best translation, so far.

My Mars in Gemini is quick thinking. While my body is slow, 9 words a minute.
I LiKe 2 type in text, with my own little twist/emphasis. Why not write, outside the box? I still achieved Honors in English. The English language is always evolving.

As 4 Tarot, & Astrology. Palmistry. Runes

If U are interested enough, 2 pay someone 4 a reading. Why not just invest that $$ into the tools, & read yourself. Simple. & a Gud investment. U know U can trust yourself 2 tell yourself, what U see.

Have a Gud 1 !
 daynadaze
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2015 12:22:05 PM
If you like to type outside the box, and in hard-to-read text, so be it. Don't expect to be understood or for people to bother. We each make our choices.

I went to a psychic once, in Omaha, first I had to wait for her son to find her. When she showed up she seemed drunk and had a glass of wine in her hand. She looked the part, kind of ghoulish witchy like, and asked me questions, (I tried not to be too giving) and read my cards. Of course like many who think this might be real (this was years ago) I wanted answers about the man I thought I was so deeply in love with (lol you know, what's his name) and she kept waving that away and told me all about my brother who she was convinced was a horrible black darkness over my life and was threatening to me. Now my brother and I are not close and we never were, but he's hardly a black darkness over me and doesn't cause me any problems at all. But damn if she wasn't stuck on that, and I paid for that. What a waste of my time. She acted like telling me about my brother was going to be saving my life, the woman was hell-bent on this getting through to me. So far he has yet to do anything to me, other than send me 100.00 every year for my birthday and sometimes money at Christmas...the horror!
 Maleman999
Msg: 329
Posted: 3/26/2015 12:53:20 PM
It's conniving how they use terms that are so vague, like "darkness". That could mean anything, which is the idea I guess. If someone sees bad things happening in the future, give me specific details, so I can prepare for it or try to avoid it. But I guess I can't do that if it's already pre-planned to happen in the future-but I would still like a heads up. So what can you do with the information once you're given a vague prediction or clues? What purpose does it serve-especially if there's nothing you can do about it? I have enough to worry about as it is, without adding an additional problem that is predicted to happen that I can't change or control.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 330
Posted: 4/7/2015 11:01:59 PM

I really have no problem with astrology, tarot cards, and runes, but I see them as entertainment.

I'm definitely not into astrology, but tarot and runes can cause a person to introspect and evaluate a situation from a different point of view. This is only random, based on the cards or the runes, but it can be a useful thing when you are faced with a problem that you've no idea how to approach.
 geezOmystars
Msg: 331
Posted: 4/9/2015 6:03:50 AM
;) ah ha ha
I have no problem with Tarot, or Runes.
I would not read them when Mercury is Retrograde, or going, what appears, backward. Communication is skewed, during that time.

My daughter took an interest in Astrology, so I taught her 2 read. She is now teaching herself Tarot, because she is curious, & has a thirst 4 knowledge. She plans on becoming a psychologist.

A psychologist friend of mine, got diagnosed with Cancer. She was scared! I gifted her my beginner bag. Inspirational videos, a copy of Heal Your Body - by Louise Hay, her Sidereal chart, & 2 books 2 interpret her chart. She had grown up as a Western Leo, tho she was really a Cancer Sun. Big difference. I said, Physician, heal yourself! & She did!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >