Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > I need a quick protein fix - not a meal replacement      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1MainEvent
Msg: 25
I need a quick protein fix - not a meal replacementPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
You need fuel! Five hours b/w your last meal and work out and then yuo work out, no wonder you feel light headed...you definitely need some carbs and protein.

1/2 cup of oats mixed in a scoop of whey or an apple and scoop of whey should do the trick.
 smileatjen
Msg: 26
I need a quick protein fix - not a meal replacement
Posted: 1/14/2010 2:58:14 PM
I do the BioNutritional Research Group Power Crunch bars. They have 190 calories for full bar, 10 carbs and 13-16 grams of protein depending on the flavor.
 monalee1
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/14/2010 7:52:08 PM
hi.. keep eating your fruit in the morning only skip the oatmeal and add a few more speckled bananas and figs... add a young coconut to your fresh fruit too... eat greens ~grrrrrrrrrrrrr~ and pound back a few ounces of nuts and seeds with an acid fruit an hr before working out... and yes when you first start being healthy you feel tired and get headaches because toxins are being moved out of their hiding places.... blessings for health
 WayTooBored
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/14/2010 8:21:06 PM
a can of tuna and half a banana..
 arwen52
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2010 4:09:26 PM
Protein will help maintain your blood sugar over time. Do you have refrigeration available? People have mentioned a number of good sources: edamame, cottage cheese. I like sliced turkey breast or a little can of tuna. Jerky is another thing. I used to buy soy jerky (don't remember what it was called) and that was good. I like Balance Bars - they are 30% protein, 30% fat, 40% carbohydrates. Works well for me. I'm hypoglycemic and that sort of balance or some source of protein keeps my blood sugar from dropping. Carbs don't work well for hypoglycemics.

And yeah, five hours is a long time to go. You need to eat but if you're working out, it needs to be light so you can still work out.
 fifthson
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/15/2010 11:18:44 PM
try 'hemp protein powder'. All natural, dare I say, organic, non processed and more importantly, no fillers!
 fifthson
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/15/2010 11:27:08 PM
try 'hemp protein powder'. All natural, dare I say, organic, non processed and more importantly, no fillers!
A power shake that I make; 2 heaping tbls of hemp powder, 1.5 cups of almonds, 2 bananas, 1.5 to 2 cups of 2% yogurt, 2 cups of mixed frozen berries, and enough apple juice to make it smoothie like.
 SecretSpice
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/18/2010 3:59:56 PM
I used to have almonds before a workout but then I learned that they were more of a fat than protein. Maybe I'll have a 1/2 oz instead of an ounce.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/20/2010 3:32:29 AM
Eat some protein in the morning first off.. That will keep your hunger at bay.. Make some a Frittata that you can reheat later on as well.. A quick snack could be a celery stick with peanut butter filling.

Asparagus Frittata

Ingredients
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2/3 cup cooked asparagus
1 1/2 oz. low fat, low sodium shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tbsp. olive oil

Directions: Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, whisk liquid eggs with garlic powder and black pepper; mix in cooked asparagus and cheese. Heat an ovenproof skillet with the oil
over medium heat; add egg mixture and cook on low medium heat until eggs are almost set, for about 3 to 4 minutes. Place skillet in broiler, about 5-6 inches from the heat, for about 1-2 minutes until top is set.
Serve immediately

thecatsmeoww
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/20/2010 3:33:44 AM
Nuts are also good to take a long for a snack as someone has already suggested..

thecatsmeoww
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/20/2010 3:35:49 AM
Or even a can of tuna or sardines..

thecatsmeoww
 bsp71
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/24/2010 3:39:43 PM
I like grilled chicken breasts that they have in deli section of grocery stores. Usually a buck a piece and solid 30-40g of pure protein low in fat and filling. I used to eat jerky but too much sodium which is not good for you. Protein bars are ok option and so are ready made shakes.
 SecretSpice
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/24/2010 3:41:24 PM
I needed something to leave at work and the wasabi edamame are doing the trick. One serving is only 1/4 cup so I portion them out first.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > I need a quick protein fix - not a meal replacement