Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > would you date a young single mother?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 47
view profile
History
would you date a young single mother?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
You're an idiot, and you can't hide it. monkey! I am not a fan of personal attacks, but you irk me. You quoted me completely out of context, and, as I've said before, your bravado is only slightly cute. It is obvious to anyone with half a brain that you haven't a clue, and I have no doubt at all that you couldn't compete with me, even in a pizzing contest, sweetie!

Were you fortunate enough to be in possession of even a modicum of intelligence, you'd plainly see my comparison of dumb men and dumb women alike. Your lack of comprehension is astounding.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 48
would you date a young single mother?
Posted: 1/20/2010 5:36:58 AM
Romance can work out for single mothers!!!
I have been very fortunate that i found 2 men that love me and adore my kids and love everything about us, the first one was my husband and sadly he passed away, but i was on my own with my little girl when we got married, and he loved us both, and we had a beautiful son together as well.
Then there is my current boyfriend who is very sweet to me and my 2 kids, he took us all on a week trip to Disneyworld for my 30th birthday, and im hoping he will be a father figure to them one day.
 fedup1964
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2010 5:50:10 AM
Yes I will,and have in the past.I was a single parent at one time,heck still am.I got custody of my four boys when they were 5/5/7/and9.It was a real eye opener,and a learning experience.They are raised and doing their own thing now.But I had so many women turn and run like hell when I told them.They were not wanting that,and that's their right.It takes someone who has the heart to take on the job of helping raise children from another person.They are the innocent ones who don't deserve,but sometimes get abused or neglected if the wrong person is in the picture.It's sad to see,I fought with guys who were abusive and finally sued for custody and won.
 Notdesper8atall
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/20/2010 3:50:45 PM
"Men have two choices

Feel dirty by accepting the left overs which came from another mans d1ck or shop for fresh ingredients."

That was just wrong...Children are not leftovers. Women and men who have left a previous relationship are not leftovers either.
 Calientecutie
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/20/2010 6:44:41 PM
this is such a boring topic...single mothers are human...we all need love...can you have another topic?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2010 7:18:16 PM
monkey, once again, you exude a lack of comprehension. "pizzing contest" is a colloquialism, my dear, and requires no penis, only an adversary such as yourself.

True, we do not know each other, we know only each person as they project themself, here, through the written word. Assumptions made based on one's judgment of the words of another is simply not the same thing, and that is all you have for ammunition. I never said that women who enjoy casual sex have low self esteem; you should go back to school. Your character is clearly evidenced by your comparing a man who will accept a woman who has children to one who will choose a hooker, and it says quite a lot about the type of person you are. Funny how you have toned it down to "we both have a good time", but that is a bit heartening, you see. Perhaps you are full of false bravado, and do realize that the plethora of your posts intimating that single moms are worthy of no more than an occasional lay is hardly self serving.

Fortunately you are NOT one of many, here or anywhere.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 7:29:57 AM

Feel dirty by accepting the left overs which came from another mans d1ck or shop for fresh ingredients.

Guess you'd better find a virgin because whether there is progeny or not, the d!ck still went there.
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/21/2010 9:05:16 AM
these troll posts are amusing........I guess trolls need sandwiches too.
 bsp71
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/24/2010 3:22:10 PM
I do think single mothers deserve to meet single dads. As a single bachelor, I have had nothing but headaches and bad luck when I did date single mothers in the past. As a guy who is single and no kids, I always came dead last in the relationship. After all, single mothers put kids first which I can understand and the ex is never out of the picture either. So my view is single mothers should look to date single fathers. A good match.
 sunfish703
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/25/2010 4:23:05 AM
I would and I have.
 and now...The Amazing Eli
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/25/2010 8:00:58 PM
what's a, "troll post?"

does it have something to do with those little pencils with the neon hair that fluffs up when you spin them.
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/25/2010 8:02:31 PM
wait. sandwiches? so it has to do with MLT's Mutton Lettuce Tomatoes where the mutton is juuuust so lean and........
 AOZ
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/25/2010 9:50:59 PM
dude- suck a fat. bet you're still alone aren't you
 bigben1731
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/26/2010 12:05:16 AM
nope and never dont need the hassles and the dramas that go with it from there ex . i wouldnt even give my freedom up for a single mother forget it its a waste of time
 Strings6
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2010 2:51:25 PM
Buffythe Firefighter, a "troll" post is ,at times,a post that expresses an unpopular opinion or one that is running contrary to the general consensus in a thread..a wrong/unwanted answer to a question expressed in terms too explicit and direct for the delicate sensitive nature of some...these threads are started usually by single parents to draw out those who do not wish to date single parents so they can be slammed and slapped with a variety of labels.I guess you could call them troll threads with weight and single parents being the most common subject...and most of them start out with "would you date"

Lovelyleonard.....surely you don't see children as "refuse"...despite any reluctance on my part to date a single mother based on my personal experiences i don't beleive i could ever see a child that way.
 lizbeth2
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/27/2010 12:15:49 AM
I wouldn't touch vast majority of single mothers with a ten foot pole... but yeah , a few select "normal" ones are definitely great for "occasional lay"
Damn right. I am one of a kind.... Some of my body parts are even gold plated, if you know what I mean... .... exquisite craftsmanship..... precision mechanics..... one hell of a fine specimen.....Now stop wasting bandwidth go fix sammich or somethin' in the kitchen where you belong.... ~BMF~

********YOU ARE DEFINATELY ONE OF A KIND BAD MONKEY FUKNER*
Having said that...I thought I already told you that manwhores are not permitted to speak?!! You are a STELLAR example of a neglected child seeking any response...even if it is NEGATIVE!!....You just won the friggen lottery in these forums didn't ya?.....sad..very sad
Because, if you are and aspire to be THAT type of man....you condoms better be made out of something better than you 10K gold dipped willy! However, you do have unlikey commrads...keep reading...

Men have two choices
Feel dirty by accepting the left overs which came from another mans d1ck or shop for fresh ingredients. ~LovelyLeo~

^^^^Awe LLeo, I have enjoyed your comments about as much as you are about to enjoy mine.....
Any tips on how to wash cotton? Any suggestions on how to make my sheets look as white and crisp as when I bought them?

Ouch!! I sound like a bit of a **** don't I?
A few forget they have to be in the kitchen before they can dish out the "humble pie" they are serving to others......
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/27/2010 8:05:27 AM
Leo:
Have you ever had sex in your life, ever? And if so, that makes you some other chicks leftovers. Ewwwwwwwwwwww. Probably got some old whores dried up vag juice rotting on your penis.
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/27/2010 4:18:12 PM
hmmmm
thanks Strings6. you would think I am a little aged to be so naive but as I understand it this string may very well have been started just to expose BMF and LL? Why? let 'em stew in their own juices. why give them a forum?
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/27/2010 5:09:02 PM
Oh Buffy, you are a newbie to these forums....that's ok, we all were one day. I don't think these threads are started for the purpose of singling out and attacking men who won't date a single mother but it is how they always seem to end up about page 4 or 5.....then it all goes downhill from there.

For the sad people who have to ask the question "Would you date....", it smacks of desperation and desperate people don't really tend to have their "listening ears" or in this case their "reading eyes" set to absorb the information...they want validation that they are dateworthy.

Seeking validation in these forums is a waste of energy....isn't that what friends are for?

Anyone who has a child should know better than anyone who doesn't have a child why someone might be a little put-off by dating a parent. It really is not rocket science. Our kids do consume an awful lot of our time, emotional energy and finances....we know this.

I am a single parent myself and a female and I HATE these types of posts because they turn into a gender bashing shitshow. When a single person with no kids is reading these types of threads, if she/he didn't think twice about dating a single parent before, I guarantee you that most of them will after reading crap like this......
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/27/2010 5:21:23 PM
Lovely (cough) Leonard, you sure do have a way with words.....are you trying out for a shock jock position somewhere?

Taking the offensive manner out of this comment you made:

Unless the father of the child is dead/deceased/perished/demised, there will always be some guy out there that can walk back in to their child's life and cause drama. Childless people don't want or need any of that shit in their lives, so your best of looking for doormat guys to take on YOUR children. As the real guys will want the whole lot rather than accepting the refuse left over by another man.

Unless the father of the child is deceased, there will always be some man out there than can possibly cause drama. Many childless people don't want to deal with this kind of drama which is why single parents should date other single parents because they understand better than a childless person could and maybe more willing to take that risk.

Unfortunately Leonard, some men, regardless of whether they are parents or not, have concerns about having their woman's past lovers in their current life. They don't want the reminder that some other guy was there before they were. It really has nothing much to do with the children as much as it has to do with some men wanting to believe (even though they know it is a false belief) that there was no other man before them.

My man has no desire to even be in the same room as my daughter's father. He often says he would be more than willing to accept my daughter as his own. He hates that I had her with "him". He is a father of two by the way. I handle it by respecting his feelings and making sure that they aren't thrown together. I also limit the discussions we have about "him" out of respect for him. Over the past 10 months, he has become less and less concerned about this...as he feels more secure in our relationship, he is less concerned about the existence of that other man.

The way you try to emasculate other men is disgusting btw..... implying they aren't "real" guys for doing what you could not conceive of doing yourself...being a father-figure to a non-biological child. I guess you think all "real" men should be like you....are you the poster boy for all "real" men? I don't think so.....
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/30/2010 11:21:40 PM
BMF...I intentionally don't use phrases like "real" men..if he has a penis, he is a man in my books.

Yes, I do think you are a troll.

I won't bother responding to the stuff you posted to try and get to me....it didn't work....try harder next time.
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/31/2010 4:30:23 PM
BMF...sigh..is that the best you can do? The fact that I am still with him and he is still with me SHOULD tell you that whatever you think what I said means....well you are wrong. You don't know me though so I can forgive your ignorance.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/31/2010 4:43:47 PM
ya i would date a single mom...

did last year- first time out I ever dated a single mom.

kids still love me...

would I do it again? hmmmm i got so close to my ex's kids, and they got close to me...

next time I'll most likely date her much longer before getting involved w/her children's lives...
 Doug_The_Hug
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/31/2010 6:28:07 PM
Yes I would and I did. It was the best thionh that I ever did. I was single along time and this girl who was 22 got introduced to me through a close friend and she had a 10month old boy. the father never met our boy and had no legal way to ever see him, so no baggage. We hit it off right away and found out that she was a bit younger than I thought and I was a bit older than she thought, we laughed. Our first date we went ti the drive in and watched movies and we really clicked. we spoke and hung out till like 3 or 4 in the morn. Eventully she moved down to Kitchener to live me and work in Kitchener. We got married and bought a house1year and a bit later and got married a month later. She is 12 years younger than me, I don't look my age and don't act it sometimes, I'm a guy. We were together for a bit then we had a beautifull daughter who is a real daddy's girl. We stayed together about 5 yuears and we kept having problems getting along and didn't work at it. Then finally on Mother's day evening around 8, she tells me about getting sepparated. I think that we could of worked things out but it was too late. She already had her mom moving back to Kitchener and they werer buying a house for them and my kids. I see my kids pretty much everyday and there hasn't been any problems with that. I bring them to my place 2 or 3 nights a week for supper and playtime and take them home for bed and tuck them in. I have nothing to regret though. I adobted My boy to my name and we had our beautifull girl together. Life is pretty good buy could be better. I would like to meet a woman eith kids or not to see if anything clicks or even if it works out as a casual friend to hang out with for friendship or maybe a real relationshipo witch I really want. I need to fill this empty part of my life. Talk to you later!!
 NappyKAT
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/7/2010 11:36:49 PM

Don't you think single mothers also deserve Love,Affection,Passion,Lust,Eat,Live,Share,Learn,Work,Give,Earn ETC.. Just like everybody else. in your opinion why, or why wouldnt you date a single mother?

No to all of the above.

Love? That's why you got a kid, love that.
Affection? From someone else? No. Masturbate. You have hands.
Passion? Use it to pursue some academic or career endeavor.
Eat? Eat to obesity. Just don't eat the kid, that's not why you have them.
Share? Isn't being a walking billboard for sex outside of marriage enough sharing?
Learn? Learn to love your condoms and birth control.
Work? No, thanks. I really have an aversion to work - kid or no kid. But feel to work all you want.... and hand half over to childcare.
Give? Well thank goodness someone decided to give you a baby and not a STD.
Earn? Congratulations, you earned a free trip to the free clinic to pick up condoms
ETC - Early Termination Clause. Should you terminate this pregnancy, you'll look that much more attractive!

***groan***
What do single mothers, fat people, and insecure men have in common?
1. They always write on messageboards asking if folks want them. And if they don't, they ask why?

And do you not know how desperate and pathetic this makes you look? You are asking for validation, for someone to see you, to acknowledge you, to make you feel special, to say 'hey, you arent all that bad, you're worthy to be loved. Hell, even I would find you worthy to be loved!'

Why is this even necessary? Have you been so emotionally and psychologically torn up that you need this outside validation from complete strangers, a few who are of dubious repute?

Ofcourse single mothers are worthy to date! But would you be willing to date everyone that wants to date you? I think not. And so just like you can reject people on whatever terms, then they can reject you, on whatever terms, including being a single mother. That does not mean you aren't worthy as a dateable prospect, it simply means that one (or several people) or not compatible with you. All this durn insecure whining of 'why won't they date me' - sucks. Maybe that's why some folks aren't getting dates... or love... or affection... or something to eat.

I'm sensitive and try not to be a glutton for punishment. And punishment is asking folks time and time again 'do you find me worthy?' and seeking their validation - knowing that the constant answer can be 'no' and all the justifications for that no that debases me.

Learn to go and let go. If they want you, they won't you. If they don't, fugg'em. Keep on steppin to the ones that do. Ain't no need of asking the ones that don't want you 'why.' That likely not to be a good exchange of dialogue.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > would you date a young single mother?