Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 4
America's first LEGAL Male Prostitute...a service whose time has come?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Huh. I can get an insincere lover pretty easily, I can't see how anyone would ever pay a premium [or even a minimum] for it. Part of the allure of a man/lover, for me, is that he desires ME--not that he gets paid to fk. The mutual desire has to be there. I guess this guy is a really good actor.

I wonder if he was abused as a child.
I wonder if he'll last very long. In the business, I mean.
But come to think of it, I wonder if he can last very long. If women pay by the hour, can he go for an hour? Women can, easily.
I wonder if he will start to hate sex, since it's his job now and he MUST perform. Think of all the bad BJs he's going to have to put up with.
I wonder where these fantastic lovers were when *I* lived in Alabama.
======
Excellent point, SA! Is he servicing just women? I guess I need more details.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
America's first LEGAL Male Prostitute...a service whose time has come?
Posted: 1/16/2010 11:57:30 AM
Well, I suggest someone lend him the "Midnight Cowboy" DVD , then enroll him in some history courses on the civil rights movement.
 cotter
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2010 1:29:13 PM
LMAO @ C cat for finding this!!!

I'm wondering how long he'll last too ... in the business that is.

It seems to me there are so many men out there willing to give it to us for free ... why in the world would we pay for it?

I went to the link you left us and did read the article, but found other articles referenced on the page more interesting and entertaining.

* Is Anal Sex the New Deal-Breaker?
* Is Being Well Hung the Key to Happiness?

I did not know that Jonah Falcon has the largest penis in the world ... 9.5 inches (24 cm) in length when flaccid and 13.5 inches (34 cm) in length when erect.

All I can say is that if a man ever came at me with something like that, I'd probably run ... ... okay, I'd stick around long enough to have a good look and then just get the hell out of there. As they say on The Price Is Right ... "THAT'S TOO MUCH"!!!!!

And as for the OT ... I see no reason to pay for something that most men would be willing to give us for free.
 nipoleon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 1:35:28 AM
It's been tried before with little success.
Heidi Fleiss tried the idea at another brothel a few years ago but it went nowhere.

I hope the guy likes homosexual sex, since that's what he'll mostly be doing if anything at all . If he actually thinks he's going to make a living from female customers I think he's got a big surprise coming. It's hard to imagine a woman driving all that way just to pay a man to have sex with her.
I suggest he not quit his day job.

I've always heard talk that there were male prostitutes in the world.
" For $200 I show up, everything after that is free ".
But, like UFO's I've never seen any real proof of them.
 Casper66
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 4:11:08 AM
thanks Cheshirecat for the laugh, a legal male prostitute/gigolo thats quotes Freud, what next, he better broaden his consumer base if he wants to make any money. I just can't see many women paying money to have sex with this guy, when there is much better things to spend our money on like shoes and chocolate.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 7:37:45 AM

That is a total nut job and I think the best he can hope for is his 15 mins.
15 minutes... doesn't quite seem worth paying for...
 RSwindol
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 8:28:43 AM
For everyone who is saying that there is no market for a male prostitute because women don't need to buy sex, are you not aware of how successful male strip clubs are? Just because someone can get the milk for free doesn't mean they want also buy a cow. That's all part of living in a consumerist society.

In fact, women go one step further. Not only will straight women go to a male strip club, but many of them have no problems going to a female strip club. I live in the bible belt, where strip clubs are somewhat scarce. A few years ago, they opened one up just outside of my town. On any given night, about a quarter to a third of their clientèle consist of women. And most of these women aren't homosexual.
 cotter
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 9:09:11 AM
Sorry ... but a quick look into my email just here on POF tells me that women do not have to pay stud fees. The offers are coming in on a regular basis ...

Of course there's no telling what we'll get once the "Fruit of the Looms" come off, but I suppose as long as it's free and we can still "find" it ... and don't have to ask "Is it in yet?" ... it's all good ... right?

Granted, there are some gents that could use a list of instructions and a map ... but again ... it's FREE ... right?

RIGHT?
 Casper66
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 3:13:38 PM
RS, yes but a strip club is different than going to a male prostitute, I've been to male strip clubs and had a lot of fun with friends having a few drinks and looking at some eye-candy but I wouldn't have sex with them or a prostitute. Thou I'm sure things happen on the side in a strip clubs, mostly it is a look but don't touch policy, which can be very erotic. Just don't know where to put those dollar coins
 slybandit
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/19/2010 10:21:17 AM
I'm not sure who the bigger fool is, this "Markus", or anyone who imagines that the "Shady Lady Ranch" is doing this for anything other than free publicity.

1. Anyone who isn't severely autistic has pretty much figured out by the age of 14 or so that women can essentially get s*x whenever they want. Pfft, Chris Rock even did a great routine about it.

Maybe not good s*x, not fulfilling s*x, not s*x with a guy that's good looking or attractive, but s*x nonetheless. A straight woman would have to be quite aged, grossly overweight, disfigured or socially or mentally deficient in some way not to be able to find *some* man willing to do the business with her, for free.

Yes, of course, granted, tap water is free but Evian does a booming business, and maybe, just maybe, this "Markus" is enough of a novelty value that women would pay for what they can get for free. But in all likelihood he'd make more money standing on a corner dressed in shabby clothes pretending to be a homeless beggar.

As far as this guy comparing himself to Rosa Parks is concerned, well, this is coming from the guy so delusional that talking about his desire to have s*x with his mother is somehow going to bring him clients. Look at the source, seriously, he's not credible enough that anyone should even find him insulting.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/19/2010 10:31:04 AM
ha ha I just saw a picture of him! No, thanks, not paying for THAT even for a novelty! He's not cute nor hunky. WTF? Are the WOMEN at the brothel pretty? Now I wonder about THAT as well.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 10:55:32 AM
Older women have been keeping younger men for millenia. IMHO not much new here beyond the stigma of an actual contract. Me thinks some of you ladies doth protest too much.
 itechman63
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 2:59:53 PM
You mean we've all forgotten the legendary Fred Garvin already?
 valenciacityx
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/20/2010 1:25:32 AM
LOOK, there was a JOB created during the Obama administration !
 chameleonf
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/22/2010 10:55:51 AM
Hey, dont I constantly read here that women need love, a relationship and commitment in order to enjoy sex? Maybe he's not really a college dropout and is doing some kind of thesis/study to debunk that old theory.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/22/2010 11:45:10 AM

And as for the OT ... I see no reason to pay for something that most men would be willing to give us for free.

Hmmm ~ maybe the same reasons men pay for it? Anonymity is probably one reason a woman might pay. If he's "hot" maybe some women would find that alluring. Then you have kinks/fetishes. There are men who want to know our preferences, but there are MANY more who can't fathom us thinking in terms of kink ~ sad as that is. I can't say I'd use a gigolo or an Intimacy Surrogate or whatever he calls himself, but if we want equality with our male counterparts, I'd say this is just another rung on the ladder. Or maybe that's another notch on the bedpost. To each their own ~
 yna6
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/22/2010 12:00:51 PM
Well..he's stated he is not available for "man love". I would think there is a market for his services...probably a lot of women out there who would like the sex part without any strings or social interaction. Also, those, say...less fortunate women have needs too...so they too can get some without the social dance.
Perhaps a sudden deluge of business would scrape his pole raw and he'll want to quit.
One of the big issues is that of diseases. Far harder to tell if a woman is a carrier than a male. This is one of the biggest concerns from other brothel owners in the area too.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/22/2010 4:54:09 PM
Nevadas New Ad Campaign.....
Hello Sailor!

Nevada, a few g00d men are waiting

Lube, oil and fill'er up, full service pit stop

Ditch the husband, get a baby sitter, come try our new amusement ride
 m14shooter
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2010 5:16:49 PM
Women have a vagina, that can get it filled at will, even the really ugly ones. No need to pay for it.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/23/2010 2:08:15 PM
He is offering professional services in a market, where enthusiastic volunteers give away the same or superior product for free, or per una caramella...
 cotter
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2010 7:47:02 PM

... or per una caramella...
Are we talking about something sweet-tasting? Or sweet to look at ... or a combination thereof?

WalksOnWater2
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/25/2010 4:16:12 PM
For a piece of candy... or a smile, you know ...freebie!

milt_n_bradley
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/26/2010 3:06:01 AM
I was unaware that obtaining sexual partners was an issue for the overwhelming majority of women.
Regardless of their "looks"
The Internet is proof of that.

It would seem likely that male prostitutes would have more appeal to older gay MALE clients than to any women.
 Rythmn
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2010 3:26:15 AM
as a fost/adopt mom who has ventured onto the streets and into the world of teen prostitution amongst boys and girls, i feel sad. every child has his/her story and each of those children grow up. legal or illegal, there is much to be said about the consumer and the consumed in this case-- objectified on both ends of the "deal".

me? i'm a romantic and a die hard realist all rolled into one. the realism came after the advocacy. so, i'm sad and angry about the whole situation. yeh, i know, it's the world's oldest profession...or is it slavery that is the world's oldest profession? maybe they'll make that legal too. theory of cognitive dissonance sums it up nicely.

ps a marine? wonder if he has post traumatic stress disorder. sure, someone will come up with a joke about that as well. but, it's my thought on the whole matter, and i'm sure it's in the minority.
 nipoleon
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 4:40:00 AM
From the Las Vegas Review Journal, Jan. 28th.

The historic event unfolded over the course of about two hours Saturday afternoon, but don't expect anyone to erect a plaque at the site anytime soon.

As far as brothel owner Bobbi Davis is concerned, it was just business as usual.

After 10 days on the job, Nevada's first licensed male prostitute finally attracted his first customer, a self-employed woman in her mid-40s to early 50s who "seemed like she knew what she wanted."

That was Davis' description anyway.

Markus, as the state's first "prostidude" is known, isn't granting interviews, so unless the mystery customer comes forward, there's no one else to verify the story.

Davis said the woman made an appointment several days in advance and traveled to the Shady Lady Ranch 150 miles northwest of Las Vegas from "out of state."

She arrived about 3 p.m. Saturday and paid $500 for a two-hour session.
"Everybody was a little nervous, including the lady, including Markus, including me," Davis said.
Apparently, Davis had no reason to worry. Markus received high marks for his debut performance.

"I can usually tell by the look on the customer's face whether it went good or not," said Davis, who has owned and managed the Shady Lady for 17 years. "He did really good. We're all proud of him."

Markus didn't have to wait quite so long for his next appointments.
On Sunday night, he entertained a woman roughly the same age as the first, Davis said. A third customer showed up for a two-hour appointment with Markus on Wednesday.

That brings his total earnings to $1,500, though he only gets to keep half that money. The rest goes to the house.
"He's OK with it," Davis said of the job so far. "He's looking forward to his next appointment."

One thing he apparently isn't happy about is the hot new slang term for his profession. Davis said she thinks prostidude is "kind of catchy." But Markus, who accepts only female clients, "doesn't like the 'prosti' part."
"He'd prefer to be called a gigolo," she said.

Soon, Markus won't be the only man sharing office space with the working girls at the Shady Lady. Davis said she has already lined up a second pioneer of prostitution -- call him Buzz Aldrin to Markus' Neil Armstrong.
"It works better the more you have, because people want to have a choice," Davis said.
She described the new guy as 23 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall and "a little on the slim side." He was born in the United States to Russian parents and speaks with an accent.
"That's going to be really great, because he sounds like Chekov on 'Star Trek,'" Davis said.
He doesn't have a stage name yet -- and brothels don't typically give out the real names of their sex workers -- but Davis will reveal this much: The new guy is slated to start work sometime right around Valentine's Day.

Contact reporter Henry Brean

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for womankind.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >