Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How do you feel about 'retouched' photos? (AKA. Photoshoped profile p      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LOLTrump
Msg: 76
How do you feel about 'retouched' photos? (AKA. Photoshoped profile pics!!)Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

How do you feel about 'retouched' photos? (AKA. Photoshoped profile pics!!)

The same way I feel about photos that you can see the person is intentionally trying to hide something.

The classic would be when all of their shots are above their head and or they are using something from blocking the view of their neck.

You see this mostly with females as they are told to take photos where you are looking up or reduce the view of your neck as it will give away your true size.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 77
Posted: 7/24/2017 9:54:41 AM
Lost in the shuffle here and not even mentioned in the OP, is precisely WHY does someone have a profile here? If someone is merely here to "interact" endlessly - solely by pushing buttons - why wouldn't they shamelessly "cheat" with their pics? I am making my best guess that all the Serial Typists on this site would rather type back and forth with an "attractive" person than an unattractive one.

And what about people who use a pic or bunch of pics that have not even been cropped but are 5 or ten or more years old? UNaltered pics but in no way representative of what they look like currently?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/24/2017 12:01:46 PM

You see this mostly with females as they are told to take photos where you are looking up or reduce the view of your neck as it will give away your true size.

How does your neck give away your true size?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/24/2017 12:58:50 PM

How does your neck give away your true size?

An overweight person will have a larger neck (neck fat) and if you hide it, there will be an appearance of someone who carries less weight.
 hemingway234
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/24/2017 2:26:57 PM

I just saw the profile of someone I've been acquainted with for years through the local music scene. She's been a performer off and on over the last 15 years. I don't know if she did it herself, but SOMEONE did a masterful job of Photoshopping what is a 170-180lb woman into one who LOOKS to be about 110lbs.

- since she's just an acquaintance and you have not seen her recently, how do you know she did not loose weight and really looks like her pics?
 spot4username
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2017 2:41:47 PM
^^^
Where does it say he hasn't actually seen her recently?
It says he just saw her profile.

I took it to mean that he is acquainted with her and crosses paths with her enough to know that the photos are bs.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/24/2017 3:31:11 PM

- since she's just an acquaintance and you have not seen her recently, how do you know she did not loose weight and really looks like her pics?

I never said I hadn't seen her recently, although, it's been since March, I believe. However, a local concert photographer is a friend of mine on Facebook. She took photos of a benefit show this woman was in about 3 weeks ago, and posted them. You can clearly see this is no small or "athletic" (as her profile says) woman.

She's got her work cut out for her. Not only will she be dealing with men who aren't going to appreciate being duped, but she has one of the nastiest attitudes of anyone I've ever known.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/24/2017 5:48:19 PM
If you take a skirt, wrap it around your neck ( the waistband) it will fit. Always
Someone has a worse attitude than Moi? My Crown, my Kingdom is being challenged? Bah
I know a skinny on top, huge on bottom woman.. men meet her and then split. But it is tacky to post a behind picture. Deeper the cushion
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/26/2017 11:04:20 PM
Some photoshop their pics, others post outdated pics and some post entirely false pics.
I dunno why they do because the jig is up the second you meet them.

Fortunately, Ive bet some who actually looked BETTER than their profile pic...but usually its the other way around.

Its really pathetic.

So is critiquing profile pics when you yourself have none.
 MrTomcat1
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/22/2017 8:39:37 AM
Re-touched photos are just another form of lying.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/22/2017 10:10:57 AM

Re-touched photos are just another form of lying.

Technically all photos are a form of lying, as the photographer can manipulate all kinds of things before you even get to post production software.
 hemingway234
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/22/2017 10:54:18 AM
Would you believe I'm actually 107? Photoshop is amazing!!
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/30/2017 7:42:40 AM
Update on the woman above I posted about - Her thumbnail popped up on the top of my screen just a bit ago, and I looked at her profile again. She has re-worded it. The very first words of her profile say "not into overweight men. I like muscles and tattoos, thank you!!" Then at the bottom she included "if you're going to write me, make the first word of it "sunflower" so I'll know you read my profile or you will be IGNORED!!"

Now, even though I am a believer in the notion you deserve whatever you can reel in, I still can't help but laugh at her demands knowing she whacked a good 50 pounds off of her pictures. She is every bit the a$$hole her profile makes her out to be.
 forumfishonly
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/30/2017 8:53:58 AM

I know a skinny on top, huge on bottom woman

Ahhh yes the ice berg date, look petite pulling up in their car, then the other 90% of them get out
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/30/2017 11:58:58 AM
But the other 90% is my best bit :)

I have fun taking/swapping pics on snapchat. Esp with the voice changer.
I'm easily amused.
 playnkiss
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/15/2017 12:23:38 PM
Seems like it VERY popular these days and I hate it. This is a dating site, not a glamour or Photoshop site. People that are here should want to show who they are, not what filter they can use. I think the person doing it, is only fooling them self. I have started just passing by profiles when I see a retouched photo. It is VERY misleading.
I imagine I will get replies of, "Filters make me feel sexy. I only do it for my self-esteem. It's only a picture." If you can't feel sexy, without making yourself look completely different. If you need to hide who you really are. If you're going to 'fake' one of the main draws to your profile. You have bigger problems..

I do not buy into the media BS. VERY few women are barbies, and I am not looking for that type, anyways. I feel that women doing this says they buy into the barbie hype and agree with it.
 playnkiss
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/15/2017 1:28:57 PM
Good line about the skirt :) And, I so agree about the " Deeper the cushion", comment
 aintnodeal
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2017 4:39:16 PM
Enhancing one's image is as old as humanity itself. Make-up wasn't invented yesterday. And this generation isn't the first to falsify their world-facing persona with images that are not accurate. News photographers hid the fact that Roosevelt was mostly in a wheelchair during his presidency. Everyone raved about how great Kennedy looked compared to a beady-eyed Nixon. Ads have always lured people in with doctored images or pure fantasy.

What's NEW since the year 2000 and the public awakening of "photoshopped" images, is that for the first time, any doofus can get the same treatment that used to cost a pretty penny and a lot of time. Who needs glamour shots when a SnapChat filter can turn you into an elf at the touch of a button?

I fear this is going to become even MORE of a trend in the future. With AR ( augumented reality ) goggles, it will be possible to sit across the table from your date and see them as an elf in real-time during your entire date. I have no doubt that people will throw AR parties where everyone is wearing goggles and only see the augmented character that someone projects.

I'm sure you've all seen the latest iPhone commercials showing the animated animal heads that move as you move during a chat session. Yes...it's going to get WORSE.

Our challenge in the future will be to manage our disappointment when the ( rose-tinted ) AR goggles come off, and people have to acutally touch each other. GHOSTING is going to reach new heights as people can't face reality on the morning after.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2017 6:26:08 PM

Would you believe I'm actually 107? Photoshop is amazing!!

Actually, no photoshop required! You have a B&W photo which makes it much easier to believe that you, as with many POF users, are just using a REALLY old photo, is all. :) A photo from the 70s when you were 60-something, but looked great for your age!

Now, even though I am a believer in the notion you deserve whatever you can reel in, I still can't help but laugh at her demands knowing she whacked a good 50 pounds off of her pictures. She is every bit the a$$hole her profile makes her out to be.

I've read more than one article about how people tend to be self-critical about their looks -- yet, at the same time, think they look better than they really do (and go on to explain why that's a good thing in procreating). A lot of folks picture themselves currently as how they were when in their prime shape, when comparing themselves to what they can get out there on the dating field. And many times they'll have a particular picture, at that particular angle that makes them look way better than they do IRL -- and look at it and say "Yep. THAT one IS me; the other ones are just bad photo taking."
 gtomustang
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/16/2017 7:16:21 AM
I'll agree with AND in msg 121--people have been hiding things in their photos for ages. Lately, the younger crowd loves that app that puts puppy ears or glasses on their face. Me, I don't have friends who can take a decent photo (their statement, not mine) and even in my prime, the ladies weren't chasing me, I was chasing them. My relationships came from women who lowered their standards at that time, and ended when they raised 'em :) I guess I don't worry so much about lying about age, or lying about weight, or whatever, b/c the cynic in me just accepts that if someone's perfect, why would anyone break up with them and leave them single?

does that make me a pessimist, or a realist? :)
 Dinno76
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/16/2017 3:30:44 PM
photos shop ? How about the time you see a women without her make up for the very first time? Sometime you wonder if she is the same person.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2017 11:02:21 PM
^^^ Like a guy with his hat off. You wonder where the height and the hair went.
 notyourbusinesss
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 7:07:32 AM
Before I take photos,I stuff socks in my boxers and I put make-up to look manly. I sometimes even inject synthol in my pectorals .
And also,most time I joke. 🙄
 gtomustang
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/17/2017 11:37:33 AM
"how about the first time you see a woman without her makeup on?"

>>>if you're lucky, its the morning after you got laid :)

otherwise, its when you're peeping thru her windows. rats.
 hemingway234
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/17/2017 11:58:42 AM
Why retouch photos? - just use ones which are 50 years old!!

Seriously, if you under promise and over deliver, you'll have less rejection.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How do you feel about 'retouched' photos? (AKA. Photoshoped profile pics!!)