Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cape Sunshine
Msg: 19
Sweaty UnderarmsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I have had this problem and tried everything. I finally found that Secret unscented worked for me.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 20
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/2/2013 7:39:07 PM
I wonder how many other people have those round or eclipse shaped spots under their arms on a warm/humid day. Even with wearing cotton tops, I still have those. .and it makes me very conscious when I'm out in public not to raise or move my arm too much to expose those. :P I even have those in the winter, but not as much. Maybe this is too much info, but I've been tweezing my pits for years.I don't smell, but it's embarrassing to have those dark spots.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/3/2013 2:15:26 AM
Sweating is good for you. Its the smell thats offensive in some people and stains are no fun

The *crystal *is great for odor and I used one for years and they last a very long time.

Working out more and these humid days I use aloe,coconut oil and tea tree oil layered
No, it wont stop sweat but a mini pad attached to your inner shirt arm pit will when wearing nice shirts.
You can cut them down to fit .

Trick I learned from wearing silk when nervous in my teens. They are smaller and thinner now and they are fabulous or get shirt guards made for that problem.

You get to a cool place then remove if you like.
You could also use a blow dryer on the way out of the door
Yeah, sounds weird but works.

Is it nervous sweat?
You can usually tell because the palms may get clammy also.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 22
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/3/2013 5:52:34 AM

....and it makes me very conscious when I'm out in public not to raise or move my arm too much to expose those...

There is nothing wrong with your body other than the stigma of marketing has created.

Marketing 101

Step 1: Tell people there's something wrong with them that needs fixing.

Step 2: Provide answer to solve new problem.

Step 3: Profit.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 23
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/3/2013 7:40:09 AM
Yep, I do know that sweating is good, but still, kind of embarrassing to have those spots. Especially when you're wearing dark clothing. .it tends to show more. :P Thanks for the advice about the shirt guards, Peppermint. I guess I could make my own. .or . .just curious, where would I get them? Lately, it's been really humid (80% ), so I definitely notice it.
As far as sweating more in certain situations, if I am exercising, walking around (even for errands), or a little nervous,I tend to sweat more. However, if I'm around friends or just relaxing at home, I don't .
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/3/2013 2:33:01 PM
^^^^^^
If you have nice shirts/dresses I would get a couple of dress/shirt shields to have on hand but make your own for casual clothes.
Check any nice dept store or try Amazon

I think the last pair I purchased was from a dept store for my silks and materials that sweat stains /shows more or so I wont have to wash a nice dress after being in it for just 3 hours..
Expect to pay about 5-8 dollars for 1 pair depending on how many are in a pack.

Its not all about vanity because human sweat can ruin nice material.
Why wash or have to dry clean something over a few hours of wear when just the arm pits are effected?
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 25
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/3/2013 5:31:41 PM

and how much does it tick you off when you get deodorant all over, or on the outer bottom edge of a shirt you pull on. ok that's a bit more vanity, but still.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 26
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/4/2013 4:54:48 AM

I know all to well, as someone that sweats at the thought of sweating, but that said, I think you just broke my irony meter.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/5/2013 3:14:38 AM
goodnames.

Here in the humid south along with my anxious sweating ( I dont perspire, I "man " sweat..Really its ridiculous.

Have since a kid so also take hankies for my hands..I can just get excited in a good way a start sweating.
As another said I think "OMG dont sweat" and here it comes..

Like after you have a baby and you hear one crying..here comes the milk..

A paste is made out of most powders on me a few times and ruined shoes sweating in baking soda.
I winter sweat also, then freeze

You should see my hiking boots..RUINED from liquifying baking soda/powders into the seams.

It is a fact many that sweat for the reasons I do, but not as extreme ( YES ODD) use powders esp Gold bond and it works great.Maybe she isn't a faucet like I am.

As a kid ( pity party) No one would hold my sweaty palms. Don't blame them
If my mother even thought botox was an option back them, she would have shot me up with the stuff.
I put hand prints on her evening gowns all the time.

To funny the memories this thread brought back.

Its def gotten better with me controlling my thoughts more as I have gotten older.
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 28
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/5/2013 4:30:17 PM
sorry i forgot to add in the quotes to quote you a few posts above there. just noticed.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 29
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/5/2013 7:39:00 PM
Thanks, goodnames. . I hadn't heard of using Gold bond medicated powder before for that purpose. I will have to try that. Thankfully, it's cooled off this week, so I haven't had to try it yet.However, I will look for those shirt guards Peppermint mentioned.
I can emphasize with your sweating, Peppermint. Sometimes, my socks get so sweaty inside my shoes that when I turn in any direction, it comes out as a squeak, or sometimes sounds like a fart.. :D I have to be conscious of that at work. .don't want people to think I just let them go whenever I feel like it.
 Ideoform
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/5/2013 7:45:36 PM
Increased sweating might be from a change in your metabolism.
If you have gained weight recently,
you might be producing more hormones from the cells in the tissue you have added to your body.

Have you tried using a dusting of baking soda? This will help with any odor.

Sweating is a primary way for your body to get rid of toxins.
If you are exposed to increased toxins at work or at home, your body might be trying to get rid of them.
Don't try to stop sweating completely.

The best thing is to bathe frequently or just wash your underarms with a washcloth, in addition to bathing.
And carry a clean shirt and undershirt in your car or in your gym bag or briefcase.

Vinegar is excellent at quickly removing odors from clothing, but don't leave it on for very long, as it is an acid.
If you don't have a way to wash up, you could try using a spritz of vinegar mixed with lemon water on your underarms, if you have a very strong odor.

You can also try using vodka or Lysterine under your arms.
The alcohol in the vodka will evaporate quickly to cool you off, also.
Vodka takes flavorings and scents easily, so you can put your favorite scent into it before use, or just put actual lavender flowers, sage, lemon rinds, vanilla beans ect. into it.
Both of these will kill the bacteria that lead to the odor.
Don't use rubbing alcohol to cool off, because it is toxic and is absorbed through the skin too easily.

During menopause, I got hot flashes and sweating,
and I started carrying around gel pacs that you keep in the refrigerator.
I put them into an insulated lunch bag and slipped them under my clothing or behind my back while driving, and throughout the day. You can get them in all sizes. There is one which I like that is shaped so that you can put it around your neck.

I used to use The Crystal for a few years, and it did work,
but I stopped using it because it became irritating after a while,
and now I am trying to avoid all aluminum in contact with my skin or food since my Grandmother got dementia.

Most anti-perspirants contain aluminum which is a mutagenic and can cause cancer, and neurological diseases.
Mutagenics can cause your DNA to be changed.

Alum can be made with aluminum. Here's some more information about it:
Although alum is approved as a food additive by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, it is toxic in large doses.
The current trend is to reduce reliance on chemicals to improve food texture.
Alum may be used to soak some pickles, but it is no longer used in the final pickling solution.

Alum in deodorant may be absorbed across the skin into the bloodstream.
Although it is deemed safe enough for this purpose by the Food and Drug Administration,
there may be negative health consequences from continued exposure to the aluminum ions in the alum.
Because some of the product is absorbed into the skin,
one way to cut your exposure to the product is to apply it every other day, rather than every day.

Alum Health Concerns
All forms of alum can cause irritation of the skin and mucous membranes.
Breathing alum can cause lung damage.
Aluminum also may attack lung tissue.
The primary concern with alum is longterm exposure to low levels of the chemical.
Aluminum, from your diet or healthcare product, can cause degeneration of nervous system tissue.
It is possible exposure to aluminum could lead to an increased risk of certain cancers, brain plaques or Alzheimer's Disease.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/6/2013 2:17:38 AM
Ha! At the tooting shoes, been there.Makes me slip out/in of certain shoes also.

Hands are more difficult.
Using WL gloves, driving gloves ect. Keeping cloth hankies
I can grip a steering wheel or even a land line phone for a while tight and it actually runs down my arms in big drops...and drips off my elbows when "acting up

Needles to say I dont or rarely retain water.

Staying calm is the best thing I have found for the problem.

Would never use chemicals, Just work with it.
Try the powder also and see how it works for you.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 32
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/6/2013 4:26:33 AM

Sweating is a primary way for your body to get rid of toxins...

While your sweat does have some urea (trace amounts) its main goal is not to rid your body of toxins, as the main goal for sweating is to regulate your bodies temperature.

If you are exposed to increased toxins at work or at home, your body might be trying to get rid of them.

By exposed do you mean, just from the air or via consumption of foods?

If you are exposed to more toxins (via consumption) your liver and kidneys will do the job, not your skin.

Don't try to stop sweating completely.

Aside from painting your body with a latex membrane it is pretty much impossible to stop sweating.
 Ideoform
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/6/2013 12:14:22 PM
Aristotle:

...the main goal for sweating is to regulate your bodies temperature.

Although the evaporation of the water content of sweat regulates temperature,
often sweating when there is no need for temperature regulation is triggered by the body trying to rid itself of toxins.
The original poster made it seem that his sweating was out of proportion for what is necessary for him to regulate his temperature.
The skin is the largest organ of elimination in the body.

In most cultures, sweating is a method of purification and improving health.
For example, for Native Americans, this was the use of the Sweat Lodge.
In Northern European cultures there is the use of the Sauna.
In our culture we tend to use hot tubs.
The heat causes an artificial fever which can help the body deal with viruses and bacteria.
The sweating helps the body eliminate toxins which the liver cannot convert to molecules which are able to be secreted in the urine.

By exposed do you mean, just from the air or via consumption of foods?

Toxins can enter the body through any orifice, the lungs, mouth, and through the skin.
Up to 70% of lotions and other things put on the skin get absorbed into the body.
If this weren't so, then nicotine and pain patches wouldn't work.
Mercury, a potent toxic metal, can enter the body through the skin very easily.

Aside from painting your body with a latex membrane it is pretty much impossible to stop sweating.

Some people try to stop sweating under their arms completely.
There are companies trying to sell this concept with expensive ant-perspirants which are designed to interfere with the sweat glands and even to damage them in order to prevent any moisture from escaping.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 34
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/6/2013 1:22:32 PM

In most cultures, sweating is a method of purification and improving health.
For example, for Native Americans, this was the use of the Sweat Lodge.
In Northern European cultures there is the use of the Sauna.
In our culture we tend to use hot tubs.

and in the medical community this is what is called a myth, and like most myths it can have just the opposite affect on your health.

As forcing the body to sweat more can cause your kidneys to retain more water and thus your system must work harder to flush toxins in your system.

So even though your sweat may contain some urea (by product of protein metabolism) it is still 99% water, as your body does not sweat out toxins, as that is the job of your kidneys and liver not your skin.

When your body may get overrun with toxins it will attempt to rid them as quick as it cam which could be in the form coughing, sneezing, runny nose, vomiting and diarrhea.

Sweating that may occur when you body is over run is not so the toxins can be released via sweat, it is the by product of an elevated temperature which helps kill invading microorganisms.
 oldie_but_hottie
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/11/2013 3:47:14 PM
Maybe stay away from all that chemical and fragrant stuff like antiperspirant, body wash, deodorant and just use a clean washcloth and rinse two or three times a day with cold water. Anything that sets off the pH balance of your skin can have funny effects, and unfortunately most of the products available (even the expensive ones) tend to do that. Real excessive sweating would be a whole body expereince and may have some underlying health issue.

And as to some of the posts above, there is no such thing as a "toxin" that's just a marketing term.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/17/2013 3:38:19 AM

there is no such thing as a "toxin"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Then you say

Maybe stay away from all that chemical and fragrant stuff like antiperspirant

If they are not full of toxic chemicals why?
 oldie_but_hottie
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/17/2013 8:36:18 AM
^^ I did not refer to toxic substances but to the cosmetic products we use in daily lives which are hopefully not toxic but unfortunately may still affect pH and other skin charactersitics in a negative way. BTW I looked up "toxin" and I correct myself, Wikipedia states:

"A toxin (from Ancient Greek: τοξικόν toxikon) is a poisonous substance produced within living cells or organisms; man-made substances created by artificial processes are thus excluded ... For a toxic substance not produced within living organisms, "toxicant" and "toxics" are also sometimes used."
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 38
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/18/2013 5:53:27 PM

"A toxin (from Ancient Greek: τοξικόν toxikon) is a poisonous substance produced within living cells or organisms; man-made substances created by artificial processes are thus excluded ... For a toxic substance not produced within living organisms, "toxicant" and "toxics" are also sometimes used."

To expand on that further, and understand how our bodies deal with them I suggest reading:

There’s rat poison in my milk? or, why everything is toxic (even Kombucha tea)
Posted on June 17, 2013
Puff the Mutant Dragon / Adventures in science.

WOULD you like to eat rat poison?

Probably not, but that’s OK, because you’ve eaten it already. Most milk in the United States has rat poison added to it. If you find this disturbing, you can always start reading ingredient lists and don’t buy milk that has rat poison in it. You won’t see “rat poison” as such on the label, however, because manufacturers generally call it by its other name instead.

The other name for rat poison is Vitamin D.

Believe it or not, vitamin D is often used to kill rats. (Not the only chemical used to do that, of course, but a common one.) It’s completely tasteless so rats keep eating bait laced with vitamin D without ever realizing they’re getting hit with a huge huge huge overdose. This might sound bizarre because most of us think of vitamin D as an essential nutrient. And it is. But anything — even an essential nutrient — is potentially toxic if you eat, drink or inhale too much.

I’m often frustrated by the way people talk and think about “chemicals”. I see “chemical-free” products on sale at the supermarket and I wonder what that means. I hear protesters demand that industry stop putting “synthetic chemicals” into our children’s bodies and I wonder if they know what that means or if they know what they’re talking about. Because they think that synthetic chemicals are dangerous, and many of them are. But so is the grilled meat you barbecue on the Fourth of July. Because grilled meat is carcinogenic. I don’t know this for sure, but I suspect it’s probably the second most carcinogenic thing in your home right after the log fire in your fireplace, which (unless you smoke cigarettes or use asbestos) is probably the most carcinogenic thing you have around. Although people don’t realize it, fireplace smoke contains most of the same carcinogens as the fumes from a lit cigarette. But nobody wants to ban grilled meat and log fires, because grilled meat and log fires seem natural. They seem safe.

Which just goes to show how deceptive appearances can be...

Read the rest at: http://puffthemutantdragon.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/theres-rat-poison-in-my-milk-or-why-everything-is-toxic-even-kombucha-tea/
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/19/2013 3:35:08 AM
I would put treating your home for bugs among the most toxic thing you can do that can be helped.
Most people grill outside at least.

I know people that do it ( spray homes) at a ridiculous rate and do not leave the house even for a day.
Maybe open windows
Then there is dry cleaning solvents on clothes just because people do not like to iron.

We are surrounded by toxins and consume them no matter how careful we are

Letting the conv top down is fun but come up behind a diesel engine in stalled traffic.
Ill stand next to a cigar first.
Have never gotten light headed by a cigar ( yet)

Our livers take a huge toll filtering these things out.
Eat and drink what helps the liver/kidneys cleanse toxins out.

Dandelion greens, green drinks/foods inc kale that are organic, milk thistle extract, chlorophyll are a few.

OP: If your perspiration has odor try some chlorophyll capsules ( not a liquid) as it turns teeth green for a while.
In sickness I would def drink it though.
Works great

You get added benefits also

A few

Oxygenates the blood
Detoxification effect on the body,Rich in enzymes that promote quick rejuvenation of our cells, High in Amino acids
Extracts toxins ( from the liver and improves liver function)
Alkalizes the body
Anti-inflammatory
Promotes healthy intestinal function/flora
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 40
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/19/2013 1:13:02 PM

Oxygenates the blood

The “oxygenation” myth
Robert Tisserand

...To believe that essential oils, because they sometimes contain oxygen, are therefore able to beneficially oxygenate tissues and stimulate the immune system shows an ignorance of basic biology, and the way in which essential oils interact with the body. To cite academic articles about which you clearly understand nothing is extremely unwise. Jim, you’re giving aromatherapy a bad name. And your spelling is pretty awful, which doesn’t help. I’m just saying. Similar nonsense about essential oils and oxygenation can be found here, here, here, and on many other websites.

http://roberttisserand.com/2010/11/the-oxygenation-myth/

Detoxification effect on the body,Rich in enzymes that promote quick rejuvenation of our cells, High in Amino acids

The levels of toxins in your body are tightly regulated. (for examples see the article I posted above)

Thus there is no such thing as a Detoxification effect.

Can you show any study that has measured the level of toxins (pre and post) that would back up this claim?

Alkalizes the body

Your body and your blood maintain a stable PH that stay within a very tight range and does not change based on the foods you eat.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Sweaty Underarms
Posted: 6/20/2013 4:13:23 AM

...To believe that essential oils, because they sometimes contain oxygen, are therefore able to beneficially oxygenate tissues and stimulate the immune system shows an ignorance of basic biology, and the way in which essential oils interact with the body. To cite academic articles about which you clearly understand nothing is extremely unwise. Jim, you’re giving aromatherapy a bad name. And your spelling is pretty awful, which doesn’t help. I’m just saying. Similar nonsense about essential oils and oxygenation can be found here, here, here, and on many other websites

Essential oils have no benefits for oxygenation to my knowledge and i have been using and making therapies for many years unless someone just inhales more oxygen with the oils and meditates/become calm as most aromatherapist would advise.
Taking care to inhale properly and for a good 20 minutes.Relaxing.

Heck listening to soothing music can alter oxygen in the blood somewhat.

Take a blood test then consume DMG and chlorophyll on a reg basis and re check your blood. ( 15-30 days) if your co2 levels are high
The carbon dioxide verses oxygen levels in your blood are changed for the better

Can you show any study that has measured the level of toxins (pre and post) that would back up this claim?

Your one article wont trump years of reading and research on detoxification and chelation therapy I have read and my own experience.

I have read many books and articles but I believe in what I see/experience/see what others experience more and therefore love to share what I have learned..so I have done it myself and so have many others.

I can show you my blood tests before and after exposure on my liver/ being comprimised if you care to send a self addressed postage included envelope that my Dr would be happy to sign and tell you what a dramatic difference in my liver enzyme and oxygen levels taking herbs/supplements designed to do so will do in just 30 days or less depending .

With DMG sub-lingual It is an immediate improvement in oxygen to the blood/brain and lungs.

Thus there is no such thing as a Detoxification effect.

You are wrong again on this subject that we have been over/debated before.
We better be able to detoxify or many would die/become ill for quite some time after becoming over loaded with a toxic substance ( poisoned) that would take a compromised iof even healthy liver a long time to do alone.
Young livers that are "virgin" usually dont need much help, just a good clean diet depending on the toxic exposure.

Think we have been down the oral chelation and herbal/mineral aid to toxic substances before.

Alkalizes the body

Again another road we have been down. The only way to alkalize a body naturally when on an acidic forming lifestyle is to use alkalizing food/herbs/ect or our bodies to go in protective mode and leech alkalizing minerals from the BONE in order to keep it in a balance.

Ill keep my bone.

We will never agree on this subject until you have been affected and try it yourself or know someone who has.
Many articles you can look at.

Harvard is doing studies on chelation and the heart.
Heavy metals are a major contribution to Alzheimers/mental health and even eating seafood is now becoming mainstream to avoid completely.
I find it absolutely fascinating and what we can do verses "until its to late and we need intravenous aid" ..just love knowing we can help ourselves on a certain level.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >