Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DragonBits
Msg: 699
HELP ME - GIRLFRIEND HAS BEEN WITH TOO MANY MEN??Page 28 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
abelian

Girls could never do that..

Sure they could. Whose fault is it for accepting double standards?

I don't have a double standard, I wouldn't have sex with another guy even if he was a virgin.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 700
HELP ME - GIRLFRIEND HAS BEEN WITH TOO MANY MEN??
Posted: 1/25/2012 12:51:52 PM
Dragon...notice that I did say not including the plethora of other scenarios. My response was in the context of the relative quasi loose boundaries of normal'ish...lol, because is anyone really sure of what that is anymore. Being a hooker would fall into the "other" category, for me and my view of normal vs not normal (and others may have a different POV). It has taken a long time and the loss of someone great to realize that the past really does not matter (qualified of course...lol). Perhaps a positive way to look at it is, that you (in general terms) are such the mf'ing bomb to have captured and kept the person that no one else has been able to. You (in general terms) were just "the one." I used to be hung up on the past (the number, comparison, etc) ...and could not shake it, even with a great man that kept telling me, I choose you, I want you, I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you...eventually, he got tired of dealing with my insecurity and we split. So not worth it.
 DragonBits
Msg: 701
Posted: 1/25/2012 1:08:34 PM
ocrebellion, I agree with what you posted. I everyone has to make their own informed decisions.

Who knows what you meant by other scenarios. I know several men that married bargirls, they are happy and it works for them. But that is in another country with a different culture than here. The culture here is very judgemental about sex.

Who knows what normal is? It think the majority of women have slept with less than 15 people, men maybe 20. Women typically under report, men over, but they aren't lying, they just forget exact numbers.

But I know some men that have slept with 10,000 women. They don't have any desire to stop.

If you average everyone together, it typically comes out somehwhere about 4 for women and 8 for men. But that includes such a huge range numbers from virgins, people who marry for life and only 1 to really high numbers.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 702
Posted: 1/25/2012 1:45:14 PM
So Dragon...I'm 44, about to turn 45. If you used my age as a marker, what would the number be for a woman my age that would be a deal breaker for you?

BTW...yes, this country is very uptight when it comes to sex/sexuality. Which, perhaps, leads us to a completely other discussion in another thread...lol.
 DragonBits
Msg: 703
Posted: 1/25/2012 4:09:26 PM
OCRebellion, oorah, in my face with the mace.

My deal breakers aren't based on how many people (either sex) a women had in the past.

I wouldn't date a virgin in the USA over the age of 25. If someone had only had 3 partners by your age, I would ask questions about why, assuming we had not yet slept together.

If we have sex, it becomes very easy to determine how you respond to most aspects of sex even it we don't go there on that particular occasion. At that point your body count numbers are almost irrelevant.

I did some math on another thread, I have only been dating 4.5 years in the last 40, so asking me what is typical for an actively dating women is something I have no idea about. I seldom ask those I date.

I nearly always ask about their "story". What were the pivotal points in your life, what make you you. I just like finding out about a person.

Based on your story about the man, I would guess your counts are low.

EDIT: BTW, to me anything under 14 is low for someone that activily dates.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 704
Posted: 1/26/2012 9:30:53 AM
Ahhh Dragon...the politician you are

My count is appropriate / ...and I never tell.
 blueceleste
Msg: 705
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 11:14:36 AM
why do guys or ppl in general ask can u have sex without a condom if she is on the pill? what pill or condom is 100% proof?! i don't get why women scream i am on the pill so i should be safe, well, i was on the pill in the past and stopped taking them for many reasons. there is nothing in life that is 100% hell i dont think 99.9999% is even effective either!!

the pill always say on the pamphlet there is still that 1% chance u can become preggo why take that chance if ur not wanting to have children now or ever? she sounds like a mess to me i would dump her she doesnt sound all that honest if everything in the wood work is all coming out.
 MikeWM
Msg: 706
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 11:45:59 AM
Shes 28 and shes only had sex with 14 guys?

Is she ugly? Frigid? Doesnt like sex? Got married at 14 and divorced at 26? Is she a bible basher?

Theres nothing at all wrong with her other than shes a bit inexperienced

As for you though, if you have a "problem" with that then you either need to find yourself someone who is a bit more frigid than this one or get some therapy to try and sort out your issues regarding sex IMO

1234deleted1234
Msg: 707
Posted: 1/27/2012 6:15:42 PM

Someone who can disconnect the sex/emotion bond is not someone i would trust with my emotions.

Wow! I totally am the opposite!
I only want someone who can love with or without sex and can have sex with or without love!

Love and sex are NOT to be exclusive to each other and necessary for both to exist!

How else could you love family and friends if you cannot separate love/sex?

Or as Jesus taught, that we should all love one another....
 Welsh474
Msg: 709
Posted: 1/27/2012 7:53:38 PM
"If a woman lied to me about her numbers(or anything) then I'd definately dump her...."

This coming from a 50 year old man. Isn't this high school shit. I can't believe anyone in their 40's or 50's would even ask another person "so, how many have you slept with?". It's none of your business, it's not only an assinine question but it's an immature question. I just can't believe that one ADULT would ask another ADULT that question.

I'd like to change the above quote to read "If a man ASKED me about my numers then I'd definately dump him". I have nothing to be ashamed of but it's still no one's business but mine.

We all have a past. If the person I am willing to spend the rest of my life with can't get over the fact that I have a past he is not worthy of my love. And the same goes for me. It's all about the now and not about what either of us were doing 5 years before we met. WhoTF cares. Some folks really need to grow up.
 m_church
Msg: 710
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2012 4:29:34 PM

We all have a past. If the person I am willing to spend the rest of my life with can't get over the fact that I have a past he is not worthy of my love.

Yeah, well, if you were reading properly I didn't say anything about dumping anyone because of their numbers.... I said I'd dump them for LYING

If a woman lied to me about her numbers(or anything) then I'd definately dump her..

See.... Try to pay attention....
 highspirit129
Msg: 711
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2012 4:34:23 PM
Dude, thats really not that many for a chick thats from illinois unfortunately. I will say this however. Maybe she is telling you the truth but women tend to lower the number while guys raise the number. If you really like her move on from this being a problem.
 Welsh474
Msg: 712
Posted: 1/28/2012 9:00:12 PM
"If a woman lied to me about her numbers(or anything) then I'd definately dump her.."

You try and pay attention - the only reason she would lie about her numbers is because you ASKED her her numbers. My point is WHY would you ask for her numbers.

And you said if she "lied to me about her numbers (or anything) then I'd definately dump her..". So exacty what part of that should I pay attention to? It seems pretty self explainatory. You would dump her if she lied about her numbers...

My opinion is that anyone who asks someone their numbers is an immature idiot.
 m_church
Msg: 714
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 1:53:37 PM
You try and pay attention - the only reason she would lie about her numbers is because you ASKED her her numbers.

No, she would LIE because she's a LIAR....
Or are you saying that other people asking a question you don't like automatically makes you a liar...

She can tell me the answer.... (assuming I asked ) or she can tell me it's none of my business....
But if she lies then she's a LIAR period and not worth dating for that reason alone....

You would dump her if she lied about her numbers...

Yes. And I'd dump her if she lied about anything. Are numbers supposed to be exempt from telling the truth?

So exacty what part of that should I pay attention to?

What part of where I said, "(or anything)" did you have the most trouble with?
Look, I don't really care how many she slept with... If she tells me or I find out then fine, I can make an informed decision to date her or not...
The last woman who told me her numbers volunteered the information because she had been a swinger and felt I should know up front. She had lot's of partners. She had other reasons to tell me up front. I chose to continue to date her.
If a woman told me it was none of my business, I'd either date her or not depending on how I felt about her otherwise...

But if she LIED to me about ANYTHING, she gets dumped.
Maybe that's the part you should have been paying attention to?

My opinion is that anyone who asks someone their numbers is an immature idiot.

You're entitled to your opinion. But that doesn't mean the rest of the world has the same opinion.
My opinion is that if a person has to lie about their numbers then they have bigger issue with their own numbers than they are letting on....
I've been asked my numbers by a few women. I've never lied to them. I've had a few dump me because of it. Oh well. That's called being able to deal with the consequences of what you choose to do in life...
Personally, I think if a woman I am dating wants to know anything about me or my past, I will tell her. I might not be proud of my numbers but they are a part of my past. I don't think any relationship will survive if the people in it evade or lie about anything that the other person wants to know. If someone told me I didn't need to know, I'd probably wonder what else they didn't think I needed to know...

And finally.... I think calling anyone an "immature idiot" says a lot about their own maturity level... but then, that's just my opinion....
 ronz3
Msg: 715
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 3:53:58 PM
Nobody found that the girl had slept with 5 guys in one night?
This is very weird. It sounds a sexual party, though.

However, everyone has special experience. You cannot judge another person just this number or so. If you do love her, her history is something to you but you should forget it.
In general I will ask his history when I am thinking to stay with him. The only reason that I want to ask is to find out whether there is any important person for him in the past. And I will know how to deal with her if she comes back to his life. All of other people are just a number. But he cannot increase that number after stay with me.
You should be more open to her history if you do care her.
 GothNerd666
Msg: 716
Posted: 1/29/2012 4:31:33 PM
I say shoot her XP
 Welsh474
Msg: 717
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:35:25 PM
My point in all this is why would someone ask such a question - how many have you slept with? IF the person said "that is none of your business" then you think they are being evasive, not up front, have something to hide - assumptions when in all actuality - it is none of your business. IF the person responds and says a number that they think is low enough to make you think they are wonderful and worthy - and they lie - you dump them. IF the person tells the truth and that number is higher than YOU think is reasonable - you think they are a slut and dump them.

The thing is, there is no right answer to a question that is none of your business and shouldn't be asked in the first place.

I was married for 31 years and I never asked my husband how many women he slept with, I knew he had a girlfriend for two years so I'm sure he slept with her but I don't know how many he slept with in casual dating or one night stands. And he never asked me that question either. All I knew was he wasn't a virgin and he knew that I wasn't a virgin. And he didn't ask me that on his death bed either so I'm guessing it was not something that he gave a rat's azz about. So that is why my opinion is that mature, grown adults don't ask that questions - only idiots ask it. But that's my opinion.

Why ask the question - it's none of your business....
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 718
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2012 8:01:24 AM
Welsh474 and many others here - WHERE IS THE LIKE BUTTON?????? Love, love, love some of the comments here. So tired of the immature, shallow, misogynist attitude like the OP's that I hear from some people in this forum - men and women alike.
 senica
Msg: 719
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2012 8:32:41 AM
Yes dump her and give me her number (friend)
 redsox322
Msg: 720
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2012 8:41:28 AM
Who the hell cares? As long as she doesnt have anything who cares tbh? God people are ridiculous. Just because she liked a variety doesnt make her undateable jesus people. I see why some are single now
 archromat
Msg: 721
Posted: 2/1/2012 1:20:01 PM
Since perception tends to end up your reality, you probably just needed to put your hand over your eyes and give her the benefit of the doubt. It's a disenchanting question to ask that leads only to no good. If you don't find out right away and you start developing feelings, that's your fault.
 MsAwesomeness
Msg: 722
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2012 10:49:26 AM
Everyone is allowed to have a past. Why did you ask if you couldn't handle the answer.
 fillyphilly
Msg: 723
Posted: 5/23/2012 10:51:49 AM
Men on here are belligerent if women won't sleep with them by the 3rd date but if a woman sleeps with other men then she's a whore.
Blame yourselves for the double standard.
 Brizzi
Msg: 724
Posted: 5/23/2012 9:01:08 PM
What if it was reversed and the woman asked...most women say 3 - 7 which is the golden rule of a lie.. more than that is more than likely the truth.. if a females asks me i sadi 3.. for each of the girls i actually loved...but in reality..im hittin close to 100.. i thank the lord im not dead or have a disease or kids.. so if a girl has even 20 on the roster then im cool...now...
 It_might_be_good_if_you
Msg: 725
Posted: 5/23/2012 11:41:49 PM
Hey, I think I might have hooked up with her. Make that 11.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >