Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 213history
Msg: 59
What has gotten you concerned with Politics?Page 3 of 44    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

Let's apply a little logic here. If being in America is bad for you, why wouldn't you move to say Canada?

So you're suggesting that hyphenators find a new homes instead of excersizing their right to shape this country?

I fail to understand your logic other than divide our population and suggesting minorities "take it or leave it" reflects a defensive mentality and a counterproductive attitude.

A family of four at the poverty level of $19,350 per year must spend 15.7 percent of its household income to pay for a year's tuition at CSU.

15.7% of a family's income to send one child to school is a bargain? You sir are out of touch.
 matchlight
Msg: 60
view profile
History
What has gotten you concerned with Politics?
Posted: 5/15/2010 7:59:19 AM

So you're suggesting that hyphenators find a new homes instead of excersizing their right to shape this country?

You're free to try to shape anything as much as you want. And anyone else--as long as they're not violating any laws--is free to keep doing things just the way they like. The whole business of emphasizing ethnicity is bad for this country. I can tell everyone I want to be addressed as an English-Dutch American, but I'd better be prepared to have them call me "Hey, you" (or worse) instead. Part of living in a free country, as the Supreme Court has noted time and again, is jostling up against other people and taking your lumps. It's not the government's business to require its citizens to show the nicest solicitude for every self-perceived victim's feelings.
 fzrhusker
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/15/2010 11:20:44 AM
213 so if I claimed to be a Nazi-German- American that would not offend you since hyphenation is OK with you.

Or is Laraza-illegal-Mexican- American would that be OK with you?

Just trying to determine where the line gets drawn.
 213history
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/15/2010 12:03:38 PM
"Or is Laraza-illegal-Mexican- American would that be OK with you? "

" By the way, the ONLY ones who seek to divide according to race are the very ones that you so try to defend....... Examples? How about just one........ La Raza........ More than that need not be said. "

It is a shame that the term “La Raza” conjures feelings of racism and bigotry.

The term “La Raza” has its origins in early 20th century Latin American literature and translates into English most closely as “the people.” Most people misinterpret “La Raza” to mean “the Race,” implying the term meant to exclude others. The term was developed to reflect not purity but the mixture inherent in the Hispanic people. This is an inclusive concept, meaning that Hispanics share with all other peoples of the world a common heritage and destiny.

The phrase is commonly used today to uplift people and promote community. The term does not suggest superiority. When "La Raza" is mentioned, it speaks of the fact that my children can have blue or brown eyes, thin or wide eyes, pale skin or the darkest skin. The hair may vary from kinky to straight. We dance to the rhythms of many nations. La Raza is the result colonialism . "La Raza" is about inclusion, not exclusion. Viva La Raza!
 fzrhusker
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/15/2010 12:15:47 PM
It is a shame that you could not answer my question where the line is drawn but i find that typical of the left, change the subject. If you really want to be American then i never want to see another Mexican flag at these protests.

Exclusive: The Truth About 'La Raza'
by Rep. Charlie Norwood
04/07/2006

The nation's television screens many days recently have been filled with scenes of huge crowds carrying the colorful green and red flag of Mexico viewers could well have thought it was a national holiday in Mexico City.

It was instead, downtown Los Angeles, Calif., although the scene was recreated in numerous other cities around the country with substantial Mexican populations. Hordes of Mexican expatriates, many here illegally, were protesting the very U.S. immigration laws they were violating with impunity. They found it offensive and a violation of their rights that the U.S. dared to have immigration laws to begin with.

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa mounted the podium, but any hopes that he would quiet the crowds and defend the law were soon dashed. Villaraigosa, himself, has spent a lifetime opposing U.S. immigration law.

For law-abiding Americans without knowledge of the dark side of our current illegal immigration crisis, all this is unfathomable. For those who know the truth about the "La Raza" movement, these demonstrations were a prophecy fulfilled.

It is past time for all Americans to know what is at the root of this outrageous behavior, and the extent to which the nation is at risk because of "La Raza" -- The Race.

There are many immigrant groups joined in the overall "La Raza" movement. The most prominent and mainstream organization is the National Council de La Raza -- the Council of "The Race".

To most of the mainstream media, most members of Congress, and even many of their own members, the National Council of La Raza is no more than a Hispanic Rotary Club.

But the National Council of La Raza succeeded in raking in over $15.2 million in federal grants last year alone, of which $7.9 million was in U.S. Department of Education grants for Charter Schools, and undisclosed amounts were for get-out-the-vote efforts supporting La Raza political positions.

The Council of La Raza succeeded in having itself added to congressional hearings by Republican House and Senate leaders. And an anonymous senator even gave the Council of La Raza an extra $4 million in earmarked taxpayer money, supposedly for "housing reform," while La Raza continues to lobby the Senate for virtual open borders and amnesty for illegal aliens.

The Mexican flag flew over a crowd of pro-amnesty marchers in New York. Marches like this across the U.S. have been supported by the “La Raza” movement. (Reuters/Seth Wenig)

Radical 'Reconquista' Agenda

Behind the respectable front of the National Council of La Raza lies the real agenda of the La Raza movement, the agenda that led to those thousands of illegal immigrants in the streets of American cities, waving Mexican flags, brazenly defying our laws, and demanding concessions.

Key among the secondary organizations is the radical racist group Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan, or Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan (MEChA), one of the most anti-American groups in the country, which has permeated U.S. campuses since the 1960s, and continues its push to carve a racist nation out of the American West.

One of America's greatest strengths has always been taking in immigrants from cultures around the world, and assimilating them into our country as Americans. By being citizens of the U.S. we are Americans first, and only, in our national loyalties.

This is totally opposed by MEChA for the hordes of illegal immigrants pouring across our borders, to whom they say:

"Chicano is our identity; it defines who we are as people. It rejects the notion that we...should assimilate into the Anglo-American melting pot...Aztlan was the legendary homeland of the Aztecas ... It became synonymous with the vast territories of the Southwest, brutally stolen from a Mexican people marginalized and betrayed by the hostile custodians of the Manifest Destiny." (Statement on University of Oregon MEChA Website, Jan. 3, 2006)

MEChA isn't at all shy about their goals, or their views of other races. Their founding principles are contained in these words in "El Plan Espiritual de Aztlan" (The Spiritual Plan for Aztlan):

"In the spirit of a new people that is conscious not only of its proud historical heritage but also of the brutal gringo invasion of our territories, we, the Chicano inhabitants and civilizers of the northern land of Aztlan from whence came our forefathers, reclaiming the land of their birth and consecrating the determination of our people of the sun, declare that the call of our blood is our power, our responsibility, and our inevitable destiny. ... Aztlan belongs to those who plant the seeds, water the fields, and gather the crops and not to the foreign Europeans. ... We are a bronze people with a bronze culture. Before the world, before all of North America, before all our brothers in the bronze continent, we are a nation, we are a union of free pueblos, we are Aztlan. For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada."

That closing two-sentence motto is chilling to everyone who values equal rights for all. It says: "For The Race everything. Outside The Race, nothing."

If these morally sickening MEChA quotes were coming from some fringe website, Americans could at least console themselves that it was just a small group of nuts behind it. Nearly every racial and ethnic group has some shady characters and positions in its past and some unbalanced individuals today claiming racial superiority and demanding separatism. But this is coming straight from the official MEChA sites at Georgetown University, the University of Texas, UCLA, University of Michigan, University of Colorado, University of Oregon, and many other colleges and universities around the country.

MEChA was in fact reported to be one of the main organizers of those street demonstrations we witnessed over the past weeks. That helps explain why those hordes of illegal immigrants weren't asking for amnesty -- they were demanding an end to U.S. law, period. Unlike past waves of immigrants who sought to become responsible members of American society, these protesters reject American society altogether, because they have been taught that America rightfully belongs to them.

MEChA and the La Raza movement teach that Colorado, California, Arizona, Texas, Utah, New Mexico, Oregon and parts of Washington State make up an area known as "Aztlan" -- a fictional ancestral homeland of the Aztecs before Europeans arrived in North America. As such, it belongs to the followers of MEChA. These are all areas America should surrender to "La Raza" once enough immigrants, legal or illegal, enter to claim a majority, as in Los Angeles. The current borders of the United States will simply be extinguished.

This plan is what is referred to as the "Reconquista" or reconquest, of the Western U.S.

But it won't end with territorial occupation and secession. The final plan for the La Raza movement includes the ethnic cleansing of Americans of European, African, and Asian descent out of "Aztlan."

As Miguel Perez of Cal State-Northridge's MEChA chapter has been quoted as saying: "The ultimate ideology is the liberation of Aztlan. Communism would be closest [to it]. Once Aztlan is established, ethnic cleansing would commence: Non-Chicanos would have to be expelled -- opposition groups would be quashed because you have to keep power."

MEChA Plants

Members of these radical, anti-American, racist organizations are frequently smoothly polished into public respectability by the National Council of La Raza.

Former MEChA members include Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who was officially endorsed by La Raza for mayor and was awarded La Raza's Graciela Olivarez Award. Now we know why he refuses to condemn a sea of foreign flags in his city. California Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante is also a former MEChA member. He delivered the keynote address at La Raza's 2002 Annual Convention.

The National Council of La Raza and its allies in public office make no repudiation of the radical MEChA and its positions. In fact, as recently as 2003, La Raza was actively funding MEChA, according to federal tax records.

Imagine Robert Byrd's refusing to disavow the views of the KKK, or if Strom Thurmond had failed to admit segregation was wrong. Imagine Heritage or Brookings Foundation making grants to the American Nazi Party.

Is the National Council of La Raza itself a racist organization? Regardless of the organization's suspect ties, the majority of its members are not. When one examines all the organization's activities, they are commendable non-profit projects, such as education and housing programs.

But even these defensible efforts raise the question of whether education and housing programs funded with federal tax dollars should be used in programs specifically targeted to benefit just one ethnic group.

La Raza defenders usually respond by calling anyone making these allegations "a racist" for having called attention to La Raza's racist links. All the groups and public officials with ties to the La Raza movement can take a big step towards disproving these allegations by simply following the examples of Senators Byrd and Thurmond and repenting of their past ways.

If they are unwilling to admit past misdeeds, they can at least state -- unequivocally -- that they officially oppose the racist and anti-American positions of MEChA, and any other groups that espouse similar views.

Through public appearances, written statements, and on their respective websites, La Raza groups and allies must:

1. Denounce the motto "For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada," as repugnant, racist, and totally incompatible with American society or citizenship.

2. Acknowledge the right of all Americans to live wherever they choose in the U.S. without segregation.

3. Commit to sponsorship of nationwide educational programs to combat racism and anti-Semitism in the Hispanic community.

4. Denounce and sever all ties with MEChA and any other organizations with which they have ever been associated which held to the racist doctrines held by MEChA.

5. Acknowledge the internationally recognized borders of the U.S., the right of the citizens of the U.S. to determine immigration policy through the democratic process, and the right of the U.S. to undertake any and all necessary steps to effectively enforce immigration law and defend its border against unauthorized entry.

6. Repudiate all claims that current American territory rightfully belongs to Mexico.

If the National Council of La Raza, other La Raza groups, and local and national political leaders with past ties and associations with the radical elements of the La Raza movement can publicly issue such a statement and live by every one of these principles, they should be welcomed into the American public policy arena, with past sins -- real or imaginary -- forgiven.

If they cannot publicly and fully support these principles, Congress needs to take appropriate steps and immediately bar any group refusing to comply from receiving any future federal funds. Both the House and Senate should strike these groups from testifying before any committees, and the White House should sever all ties. Both political parties should disengage from any further contact with these groups and individuals.

There are plenty of decent, patriotic Hispanic organizations and elected officials to provide Congress with necessary feedback on specific issues confronting Americans of Latino heritage. Any group or individual who can agree with the simple six points should be welcomed into that fold.

If not, the American people will know there's a wolf in their midst, and take the necessary precautions to defend our Republic against an enemy.
 213history
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/15/2010 12:33:08 PM
Total garbage reporting. I am sure there was no bias.
 matchlight
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2010 12:40:20 PM
It is a shame that the term “La Raza” conjures feelings of racism and bigotry

Ironic to hear that from someone who cheerleads for racists like them. I don't need to get into documenting all the statements and writings from those people that document their bigotry. Their own words prove it. And anyone who supports any foreign nation over this one by waving its flag around in disrespect of our own wouldn't live here--if they had any shame. You won't actually say you don't like white people, and only you know that. But I've learned that's often the case with people who are as obsessed with racial identity as you seem to be.
 matchlight
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2010 5:31:53 PM
^^^^^^I'm sure what Obama and statists like him hope to do is get as many illegal immigrants in here as possible, and then push through a blanket amnesty law. They could count on the support of some of the so-called Republicans who always enable them. Once that happened, they would have added millions of voters, about 95% of whom they could count on to vote Democrat. If that happens, they could lock in power for good--or at least until they brought down the United States for good. And the debris that's been flushed out of the sewers of the world into the United States don't give two hoots in Hades if they destroy us or not. It's take all you can, while you can. The fact they ignored our laws to come here in the first place suggests what kind of citizens most of them would make.
 matchlight
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2010 6:31:35 PM
^^^^PH, I think you're exactly right. The biggest weakness of elitists like Mr. Obama, Maureen Dowd, Frank Rich, the Hollywood crowd, and similar, is that they constantly underestimate their opponents. Sarah Palin's a perfect example. I've watched her very carefully a couple times as she spoke on Fox News, and she is *good*.

She reacts just right--not too negative, but more disappointed that such serious problems as the country deserve better solutions than President Obama is proposing. I remember that one point, sort of shaking her head, she regretted that he'd adopted policies that were "so foreign" to our American traditions. Ronald Reagan couldn't have landed a harder shot, right on target, and done it while staying so likable.

William Buckley thought Reagan was a very good debater, and I think she is too--sort of a natural. She's an even more effective speaker than Michelle Bachman. Watch the videos of her speeches, and see how the crowd reacts when she comes on stage. She was still green in those two embarrassing interviews during the campaign, but Sandy Koufax had some awful seasons early on, too. Watch and see--she's the real item, and she's just the person who could show Mr. Obama up as the double-talking, un-American menace he is.
 213history
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/16/2010 1:45:24 AM
" You won't actually say you don't like white people, and only you know that. But I've learned that's often the case with people who are as obsessed with racial identity as you seem to be. "

I guess this is a good time to use my Caucasian response when accused of racism:

"But my best friends happen to be white!"

Does accusing me of being a racist dismiss the facts I presented?

I would argue that I am more knowledgeable than most on racial issues. Obsess would not be an accurate description. Unlike most of you, I at least take the time to to familiarize myself with the topic and terminology before spouting off nonsense and unprovoked racist comments such as "These La Raza types who are illegal aliens."

In my opinion the example comment is an effort to dismiss the organization's mission as "illegal." People who work for National Council of La Raza are citizens and part of this country. How is a group of illegal aliens able to do the following?

The Council of La Raza succeeded in having itself added to congressional hearings by Republican House and Senate leaders.

" I don't need to get into documenting all the statements and writings from those people that document their bigotry. "

I find it interesting that you are able to fabricate your own references on several issues, but decide to accuse an organization as being racist without even producing one slice of evidence.

Anyone who believes every word in the article posted by Mr. Husker needs to reread the article and do some fact checking.

It is my hope readers are able to recognize the ridiculous and exaggerated claims. For example

"... the National Council of La Raza is no more than a Hispanic Rotary Club."

and supposedly this Rotary Club will eventually...

"The final plan for the La Raza movement includes the ethnic cleansing of Americans of European, African, and Asian descent out of "Aztlan."

I had no idea Rotary Clubs were that powerful.
 fzrhusker
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/16/2010 7:43:44 AM
Pictures are worth a thousand words but this guy has plenty of words.
If he is so proud of the Castro, Chavez and the like why doesn't he immigrate to their countries.
If you don't like Capitalism then why come to a Capitalist country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqPo5ofk0s
 matchlight
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2010 9:06:53 AM

I find it interesting that you are able to fabricate your own references on several issues

If there's any reference you think I've ever made up, on anything I've posted, name it--if you can. I've been posting here for quite a while, and the other people who also have know I don't need to rely on cheap tricks. By claiming what you did about my credibility, you told them a lot about your own.
 213history
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/16/2010 11:36:47 AM

By claiming what you did about my credibility, you told them a lot about your own.

I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.
 matchlight
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2010 5:56:12 PM
^^^^^^I put that in there just for you. I think secretly, you probably have a thing for Sarah. She certainly has nicer legs than our Secretary of State.

We can't all be Eric Holder. HE knows the Court's decisions, all right. Why, he understands the Constitution so well he knew the Arizona law was racist and unconstitutional without even having read it. And our President, why he was an adjunct prof who lectured on the Constitution one semester. He had to learn it, so that he'd know how to avoid it without being obvious about it.

There's a lot more to being President than just intellect. If that were all it took, Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter, and BJ Clinton would have been some of our greatest ever. Right up there with the current occupant of the White House. And George Washington, Ronald Reagan, Theodore Roosevelt, Harry Truman, and Franklin Roosevelt would have been some of the worst ever. No one ever claimed any of them was a brilliant scholar or an intellectual.

You probably didn't experience the Cuban Missile Crisis, but I did. And I'm glad we had Jack Kennedy calling the shots rather than Adlai Stevenson--the Barack Obama of the day. Nikita Khrushchev was a miner's son who came up under Stalin, and he was a crude, tough peasant who understood power and bullying. After Khruschev had rudely lectured him at a "summit meeting" in Vienna in June, 1961, Kennedy admitted to friends that "He just beat the he!! out of me."

Khrushchev concluded after this meeting that Kennedy was just a boy he could push around--"barely older than my own son." Before long he got the idea of sneaking nuclear missiles into Cuba, to prevent the U.S. from ever again trying to overthrow Castro. Imagine what he would have thought of Obama. Having read his memoirs, I know exactly--he would have had done whatever he pleased, and then shaken his finger and loudly threatened to teach Obama a hard lesson if he dared to get in his way. I think we all have a good idea how that would have turned out, and what it would have invited.

Who can believe that someone who's afraid to take on a bunch of jihadist thugs with a third-rate military like Iran's would stand nose to nose with a huge country with a couple million-man army and thousands of tanks, ready to take Berlin and keep rolling right across Europe, a true navy with hundreds of subs, a thousand or more jets, a long-range bomber force, and three thousand nuclear missiles and bombs, all targeted on our cities? Just the weapons the USSR had already put into Cuba could have killed many millions of Americans. They had moved a nuclear missile within a few miles of Guantanamo, where 5,700 Marines had just been landed to reinforce the base. Of course, all that could never happen now, because now we know that if we're just nice to the rest of the world, they'll be nice to us, too.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/16/2010 7:59:56 PM
Match you're talking to the kind of guys who call in Sports Talk radio screaming "only idiots call in talk radio". Poisoned minded gen X and Y'rs made simple, then made dependent. Loathing a country with a history they couldn't comprehend if they were immersed in the study their remaining days. so instead they repeat jingoistic, hateful lies their union leaders give them to hold off one more day the bankruptcy of a belief system now engulfing Europe.
They have not added a single idea based upon anything except the moral relativism and and bankrupt ideology of the left. I think it's time to just let them live in that place without pretending they or their leaders are serious people.
 matchlight
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2010 8:47:45 PM
^^^^^There's hope for Skoochie. He sees what's going on with the Arizona law, at least. He doesn't understand why Sarah Palin communicates so well with the American people, though. She would take Mr. Obama to school in a debate, just like Reagan did with Carter. Ole Jimmah's nuclear engineering degree didn't help him when Reagan shook his head and said, "Well, there you go again . . ."
 GolfCoast
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/16/2010 9:40:45 PM
i've belonged to plenty of unions, they've always been clueless boneheads whether they were shaking down management struggling to promote the organization's survival. Deserving? What exactly does deserving mean? if you lock someone out of a process, in other words create an artificially small supply of something which causes it's price to rise, in this case a labor, you've essentially stolen from everyone else in the process. Do you not see that? Does your brain stop being able to see how many people are miserved by this act...other sources of labor, shareholders, managment trying to overcome these obstacles...ultimately the society?

It would be asking too much of a lefty loon to see beyond their own self-interest.
 213history
Msg: 76
Posted: 5/16/2010 9:44:50 PM

Don't know what a Union has ever done to you, but you're basically saying our infrastructure should be built by cheap ignorant labor when you attack them.

Very interesting comment Skooch,

In my opinion, you hit the nail on the head when describing Union-haters. Your thought correlates with my idea why it is in their interest to keep minorities in place. An uneducated population with no self-esteem have no way of ensuring fair and just wages. An example would be the operation of non-union supermarkets in California. Elimination of labor unions guarantees further oppression of citizens.
 matchlight
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2010 10:38:23 PM

ensuring fair and just wages

How does anyone go about determining what a "fair and just" wage is in a particular case? Is there a fair and just price for a house? a car? for wheat? Unions exist to increase the price of labor by decreasing its supply. That distorts the market, and the employer may be able to pass along the cost to consumers. What's "fair and just" about making people pay more for the goods and services they consume?
 213history
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/17/2010 12:02:58 AM
" 213... even the union issue is a racist thing with you? Why can't people think different, without being racist? Your credibility is lacking when everything that is a different opinion of yours has to do with racism. "

Mr. Diamond,

Having the courage to honestly discuss race relations does not make the person a racist. I wish people would stop making this assumption. That kind of thinking discourages people from sharing their perspective and experiences thus preventing a solution to social problems.

My opinion on the elimination of Unions would oppress anyone part of the middle-class or lower. This is only a racial issue, because most minorities belong to this economic group. The hypenators are increasingly filling jobs which are/were Unionized and the fact they are disappearing is an interesting coincidence worth researching. Whether or not its racially motivated requires further study.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/17/2010 7:04:14 AM
You're misunderstanding (I should make that a macro) the idea I've expressed. Match got it (but he's a asymptotically brighter than your average blog poster) when he said ' unions seek to (artificially) decrease the supply of labor so as to increase costs. So if a mfg. plant has a requirement to use members of the XYZ union, the HR manager has a smaller field to hire from. Simple, assuming a functioning brain.

Now I know libtards and unions slugs respond with one of two arguments when this argument, and it's ultimate result...outsourcing to China is brought up.

1. Corporations are practicing some form of evil corruption exporting "our" jobs. They are not your job slug. You are simply a resource like energy, infrastructure, and management. Create a shortage and the company will be forced to seek lesser rents. Having exported jillions of jobs, let me tell you not ONE management person enjoyed it. It meant ultimately losing their jobs, or flying to Asia 12 times a year, and all the hardship of not sleeping in one's own bed. Great source of sadness caused by government and unions. You own this slugs.

2. You're utilizing slave labor in ____________. Nonsense. The locals line up for these jobs. These jobs pay on average 3 times the local rates and management is happy to pay it to get the best and the brightest in the local workforce. repeating that over again makes one sound like jesse jackson or some other libtard deep thinker. I know for your basic UAW working anyone willing to work at a job that doesn't provide 6 skidoos, 4 snowmiobiles, a harley for all, and a second home for deer hunting, is slavery.

Your side has killed every industry it touched, and corrupted the rest (see GS, AIG, and all of Wall Street that funded Dem's for decades).

Up your games I weary of teaching kindgarten every day to dimbulbs.
 fzrhusker
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/17/2010 9:24:04 AM
Obama Czar Wants Mandatory Government Propaganda On Political Websites

Cass Sunstein, who wrote a white paper calling for “conspiracy theories” to be banned, wants to legally force Americans to “do what’s best for our society” and dilute their own free speech

Obama Czar Wants Mandatory Government Propaganda On Political Websites

Paul Joseph Watson
Monday, May 17, 2010

Disturbing audio has emerged of White House information czar Cass Sunstein, who in a previous white paper called for banning “conspiracy theories,” demanding that websites be mandated by law to link to opposing information or that pop ups containing government propaganda be forcibly included on political blogs.

In an audio excerpt of an interview which was posted on the Breitbart.tv website today, Sunstein discusses how conservative websites should provide links to liberal websites and vice versa or even how political blogs should be made to include pop ups that show “a quick argument for a competing view”.

Sunstein said that if this system couldn’t be implemented voluntarily, “Congress should hold hearings about mandates,” which would legally force people to dilute their own free speech. The Harvard Professor also said that blogs should be forced to list a random draw of 25 popular websites, such as CNN.com.

“The best would be for this to be done voluntarily,” said Sunstein, “But the word voluntary is a little complicated and people sometimes don’t do what’s best for our society,” he added (emphasis mine).

“The idea would be to have a legal mandate as the last resort….an ultimate weapon designed to encourage people to do better,” Sunstein concluded.

As we previously reported, in a January 2008 white paper entitled “Conspiracy Theories,” the Harvard Professor who is currently President Obama’s head of information technology in the White House called for “conspiracy theories,” that is any political opinion which didn’t concur with the establishment view, to be taxed or even banned outright.

In a set of proposals designed to counter “dangerous” ideas, Sunstein suggested that the government could, “ban conspiracy theorizing,” or “impose some kind of tax, financial or otherwise, on those who disseminate such theories”.

So-called “conspiracy theories that Sunstein said could be subject to government censorship included beliefs held by the vast majority of Americans, such as the notion that the JFK assassination occurred as part of a wider plot.

In his white paper, Sunstein also cited the belief that “global warming is a deliberate fraud” as another marginal conspiracy theory to be countered by government censorship.

Ludicrously, the Harvard Professor even characterized as “false and dangerous” the idea that exposure to sunlight is healthy, despite the fact that top medical experts agree prolonged exposure to sunlight reduces the risk of developing certain cancers.

Essentially, Sunstein wants it to be written into law that the government can dictate the very nature of reality to Americans and that their opinions can only be voiced at best when accompanied by mandatory federal propaganda or at worst that Americans can be silenced entirely by federal decree.

This callous disregard for the First Amendment represents a fundamental threat the very fabric of the country and is even more alarming considering the position of Obama’s Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan with regard to free speech. During the Citizens United vs. FEC case, Kagan’s office argued that the government can ban books and political pamphlets. In separate writings, Kagan argued that the government could “disappear” free speech it deemed to be offensive.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/17/2010 11:03:45 AM
FZR traditional "liberals" would have rejected this type of thinking out of hand. Embracing it as they do is proof of what the right says and thinks of the modern liberal. Fascist comes to mind.
 fzrhusker
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/17/2010 4:24:50 PM
Skooch I really don't care about the source, or when it was written, I use all sources, what I do care about is that the President has surrounded himself with people that think that way or have thought that way.

Carroll Quigley Tragedy and Hope.

I find this amazing coming from a guy that preaches corporate world take over, can't bare the thought that governments may be doing the same.

If you don't think there are elites around the world that think they know better than the people, well that's your opinion, but I bet if the same was said about the wars and oil and Bush and Haliburton and the power behind those you would jump on the bandwagon.

She is being nominated for the Supreme Court, any opinion she has concerns me, isn't that what they write in the Supreme Court opinions?

I have read Cass Sunstien, have you?

http://home.uchicago.edu/~csunstei/

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0028740009/qid%3D945128501/sr%3D1-8/103-6434232-8117420
 fzrhusker
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/17/2010 6:11:30 PM
He Sunstien is Obama's technology Czar,

She Kegan is being nominated.
If you read the last part of the article you would have seen the reference to her.

Well when Obama give me his exit strategy for Wall Street and the car companies,tells me he is going to stay out of the energy sector "so rates will necessarily skyrocket." his words not mine. When he tells me that he will no longer work for the transformation of our country and steps back to be the steward that politicians are supposed to be, then I will stop calling him a fascist, because he is not a socialist.
The market can get all it wants when there are no jobs, government spends money private sector gets hit.

Bush drove the country to the cliff and Obama is hitting the accelerator.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >