Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Question about a girl...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SoundTech24
Msg: 1
Question about a girl...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I have met this girl at her job. She is a wattress and she seems like she is really into me. I gave her a call but didn't here from her till 5 days later. She told me to call her up on friday so I did. We had a great conversation. I asked her if she would like to do anything on sunday and she did. so I called her on sunday and she never called back. I understand that she has kids and they are sick. I have tried to call her and text her but no answer or call backs. Should I just forget about it or just give her the doubt that she is to busy with her kids and not worry about it? Any advice would be nice. Thnks for your help.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 2
Question about a girl...
Posted: 1/24/2010 7:24:04 AM
It sounds like she’s just not into you.

I think you should just move on …
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Question about a girl...
Posted: 1/24/2010 9:11:32 AM
This looking-for-a-mate stuff isn't a game show. Turning to the imaginary audience for us to shout out what guess you should make wont help here either.
Your choices are:
1. Go find out what happened, by talking to her.
2. Give up and go away, without ever finding out, and ASSUME she isn't interested.

You are on the clock!
 SoundTech24
Msg: 4
Question about a girl...
Posted: 1/24/2010 11:32:34 AM
I thank you all for your help. I will go by her place of work and see whats been going on. I just don't understand how hard it is to send a text or giving a call to someone to tell them what has happened. For wicked Cricket... I have respect for single moms and I am a patient guy. My mother was abused when I was bore and I had no father. So I know what happens in a life of a single mother's life so to speak. Plus I had to raise my sister. But any way thanks all for the comments, and wish me good luck. I hope everyone has a great day
 Helen0426
Msg: 5
Question about a girl...
Posted: 1/24/2010 12:37:07 PM

I will go by her place of work and see whats been going on.

Don't do that! It's excessive - and it could get her in trouble with her boss. No one wants an employee whose social life is showing up at work. Whether it's their fault or not, it's still disruptive.

As yankeegirl10 said, the ball is in her court. You've contacted her more than once already. She'll either call you back, or not.

If the place where she works is one that you like to patronize anyway, there's no need to stop going there, but keep things strictly professional with her while she's at work. If you don't think you can do that, then there is a need to go somewhere else.
 SoundTech24
Msg: 6
Question about a girl...
Posted: 1/24/2010 12:52:43 PM
she has 2 kids. last time I talked to her which was about a week and a half ago. They are young like 5 and 15 months.
 colt8301
Msg: 7
Question about a girl...
Posted: 1/24/2010 4:12:22 PM
Should I just forget about it or just give her the doubt that she is to busy with her kids and not worry about it? Any advice would be nice. Thnks for your help.

I say since you have texted and called already, that's all you need to worry about. If she wants to call you back, she'll call you back. If not....well you know....
 RobertKoi
Msg: 8
Question about a girl...
Posted: 1/25/2010 4:29:21 PM
No answer for a week and a half and you're still wondering? I think that I've said this before like 50 times but I'll say it again: nobody is THAT busy.
 Helen0426
Msg: 9
Question about a girl...
Posted: 1/26/2010 9:39:46 AM

Oh wait wait... does this waitress work at Raisins??

Bwa-ha! Gotta love a good South Park reference! Though I concluded it irrelevant to how to proceed from here, I did wonder about the venue, too...
 want to travel
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Question about a girl...
Posted: 1/28/2010 2:03:21 PM
nobody is that busy, the balls in her court, she will or will not call you, i would leave her be
 Thunderstruck29
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Question about a girl...
Posted: 2/25/2010 8:26:54 AM
Reality check.
She's inconsiderate.

Do you really want to hook up with somebody who is inconsiderate?

When a woman is inconsiderate to a man it means she has no respect for him.
Such relationships dissolve fast into griping, arguing and nagging.

Let some other sucker have the "fortune" of her company.
 OutMind
Msg: 12
Question about a girl...
Posted: 2/25/2010 9:08:39 AM
Two things. If you are constantly texting her or calling and she does not reciprocate. Move on. It could be that she is too busy with work and children, or it could be that she is not into you. Either way, it doesn't matter, she is not ready.

If she reciprocates, but it's a little late, it shows that she is trying, that maybe she likes you, but is overwhelmed with work and kids. If she is a waitress and works late, realize that affects your life also when you are not working, because of the messed up hours of work, to then more than likely having to wake up early and take care of the kids.

So my advice is simple. Talk to her. But be realistic about your expectations.
 english lass
Msg: 13
Question about a girl...
Posted: 2/25/2010 1:57:27 PM
just do one more text saying that you hope her children feel better soon and that you hope she's doing okay and leave it at that

let her do any further contacting if she's interested when she has the time and emotional energy to think of something other than her sick kids
 namrael
Msg: 14
Question about a girl...
Posted: 2/26/2010 4:48:57 PM
I know you met her at work, but it seems like she's been pretty clear in ignoring you (not the best way to go about it, but clearly the way she's chosen). Leave her alone and move on, and I vote strongly against stopping by her work to see what's up. If she were seriously interested, she could find two minutes to send you a text. Move on.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Question about a girl...