Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Teabagger's - a grassroots movement or just more astroturf ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Teabagger's - a grassroots movement or just more astroturf ?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Ready, Issue 2 was'nt about wages at all. At least to Union people it was'nt. It was about POWER....

Do you consider yourself a Tea party member? Or sympathizer? Did you ever ask yourself why they appeal to you? ..... Do you understand that the Tea Party was organized by some of the richest people in America? This is'nt a bad thing, but these people are buying our government wholesale. The politicians they pay to get elected are trying to ram anti-union legislation through the states. They want to divide the lower and middle classes of this country.Whether or not you are union is irrelevant. What is relevant is that UNIONS and people like the OWS are the last barrier standing between the ultra rich and them owning our government. Once that happens there'll be no one left to stand up to them.

The real power in this country lies in your vote. One vote for the right issue is a start. Many votes together can start a change, and send a message.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Teabagger's - a grassroots movement or just more astroturf ?
Posted: 11/11/2011 4:59:08 AM

Issue 2 was'nt about wages at all. At least to Union people it was'nt. It was about POWER....

I agree with that statement wholeheartedly. But that power that can create a lot of job loss.

As I stated before, private employees who belong to unions, I have no beef with. As long as my tax dollars aren't bailing them out.

As far as government employeees and the public workers go (I am including school, fire, police, etc, etc), those on the union side see it as a loss of power, a loss of being able to make demands and if they can't get it, using obstruction to obtain it, no matter the cost to taxpayers. The people against see it as a loss of being able to say "Okay, enough is enough." The union doesn't care if it bankrupts the state, county or local government, as long as they get what they want, which is dues in their pockets every week. They don't care if their members are substandard and non-performing.

And most telliing, these unions, supposedly there for the worker, will sacrifice those workers, even hundreds of them, to hold on to that power. Because they contribute to the downfall of many of the companies they organize. GM, need I say more? And before you attack that statement, I didn't say they were the sole cause, but in previous posts I've shown examples of their, let's say, helping GM along.

Do you consider yourself a Tea party member? Or sympathizer?

I think you are going to find the answer to these questions shocking. No and no, with qualifications. I agree with them trying to reign in government, but also see that some have ulterior motives, just like unions (which I believe you fail to see). I don't believe in PETA's antics, but I think at the root, they have good intentions. Irrelevant, I know, but just thought I'd throw that in to make a point.

Do you understand that the Tea Party was organized by some of the richest people in America? This is'nt a bad thing, but these people are buying our government wholesale. The politicians they pay to get elected are trying to ram anti-union legislation through the states.

Just as I believe the union leaders are doing. The head honchos are also some of the richest people in America, and will also stoop to underhanded tactics to get what they want. And our current president, anyone except the blind among us see, is in the palm of their hand. His supposed "jobs bill" (as well as his past "jobs bill"s) panders to them relentlessly.

What is relevant is that UNIONS and people like the OWS are the last barrier standing between the ultra rich and them owning our government. Once that happens there'll be no one left to stand up to them.

Baloney. The OWS is a joke. Until they decide what they stand for and the means to go after it, I have no time for them. Camping out in a park smoking dope is college sh*t.

Unions have outlived their usefulness, and serve no purpose to anyone other than those they collect money from (untl they effectively cause their unemployment). I've shown that non-union auto makers don't (want or) need them, I've worked in plenty of businesses that have union counterparts, and done just as well or better. And too many companies these days, when they hear rumors of organization, just pull up and move the company overseas or dissolve it altogether. Is that really helping anybody? Regardless of wheather the act of doing so is wrong or right?

Unions can't save jobs anymore. Ask about 15,000 GM employees in my neck of the woods. Ask about 300 city government employees who lost their jobs in this state last year. Ask those teachers whose necks are now on the line.

If you think a disorganized crew like OWS, or downward spiraling unions (less than 10% of the workers and shrinking yearly) are the answers to a big problem, take a step back and reassess the situation. The unions aren't standing up to goverment, they are trying to buy them as quick and fast as the tea party bigwhigs. The OWS will desolve in a day if they are thrown a bone. I find it hard to take a group seriously that says they are so oppressed, but yet seem to find money to spend on weed, which I hear is quite expensive these days.

I agree this country is in a mess right now, but if you want to send a message, find a group that has membership of more than 1% of that 99% that are supposedly so downtrodden. There are ways to show those mean old rich people you aren't going to take it anymore. But these ways aren't acheiving the desired results . The rich at this point are literally laughing about it. Until EVERY Wal Mart and McDonalds worker (or at least more than 1% of them) decides to go to their place of employment, stand in the parking lot and scream about the inequalities, nobody hears them. Nobody cares.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/11/2011 4:50:29 PM
The thread was started back when this movement were calling themselves Teabaggers. I understand that you'd like to go back and rewrite history "1984" style (as clearly demonstrated by your many posts), but the truth has a nasty way of biting you in the asp.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/18/2011 8:39:32 AM
Evidently the Teabaggers give up their platform for smaller govt really quick when the GOP $$ start rolling in.....

"But while many say Black and her companions have created a split in the Republican Party, it is not visible among the companies and interest groups that are donating to members of Congress.

A joint analysis by iWatch News and the Center for Responsive Politics has found that the 15 freshmen members of the Tea Party Caucus have embraced many of the same special interests that have supported Republicans for years. The fifteen combined have received over $3,450,000 during the first three quarters of this year from almost 700 different PACs."

"Among the biggest PAC donors to the tea party freshmen are familiar Washington faces, including Honeywell International, which led the way both in number of donations and overall money given. The top five corporate PACs that donated to these freshmen:

•Honeywell International, a Fortune 100 company best known for its defense manufacturing, made 52 donations worth at least $105,000
•The American Bankers Association, one of the major trade associations for the financial sector, made 31 donations worth at least $53,000
•Lockheed Martin, one of the biggest defense contractors in the country, with 30 donations for at least $28,000
•Koch Industries, the company run by conservative billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch, made 29 donations worth at least $38,000
•The National Association of Realtors, a major trade group for real estate agents, with 29 donations worth $34,000."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-center-for-public-integrity/15-tea-party-caucus-fresh_b_1101194.html

So lets stop pretending that the TeaParty is anything mroe than the extreme arm of the GOP, mmmk?

Hypocrisy, table two!
 Imported_labor
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/18/2011 9:10:53 AM
I find it interesting that this entire thread has run under the title it has.

How about a tread that is entitled, "Butt **cking Occupiers Packing them in like Fudge, or just a Bunch of Runny Schist?"

Bet that one wouldn't last 5 minutes. Says something about the objectivity here.

Well, if you went back in this thread you would find that the biggest teabaggers in these forums are really proud of themselves.

LOL! This thread is GREAT...

First of all - I am a PROUD "Teabagger"... Especially now that a "Tea Bagging Redneck" in an old pickup truck just took Ted Kennedy's US Senate seat!

So, it looks like "teabagger" is here to stay.

Yet when some poor conservative tries to make a point, it is met with anger and hostility and name calling.

Looks like you suffer from hipocrisy bouts, or persecution complex. Your complaint is like the pot calling the kettle black. Look in the mirror of your posts:

Sorry, I meant "halfdad", not "halfminded".

That was un unwarranted insult to someone who had answered your question with very normal language: no slurs, no insults.

OyVay...
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/19/2011 11:22:26 AM
HOLY SH!T!!!!!

YOU are going to join with OWS? That must be a typo. You keep saying things like that, I may have to start to take you more seriously. Now just please drop the half truths and we can debate on a more even keel.

Sometimes people can surprise you.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Teabagger's - a grassroots movement or just more astroturf ?